Derek Sherinian (USA)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Derek Sherinian (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Jún 2022, 06:26

Derek Sherinian - Vortex (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Progressive Rock , Fusion , Instrumental
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 107 mb

Bio:

Derek Sherinian (born August 25, 1966) is an American keyboardist who has toured and recorded for Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, and Joe Bonamassa, among others. He was also a member of Dream Theater from 1994 to 1999, is the founder of Planet X and also one of the founding members of Black Country Communion and Sons of Apollo.He has released eight solo albums that have featured a variety of prominent guest musicians, including guitarists Slash, Yngwie Malmsteen, Allan Holdsworth, Steve Lukather, Joe Bonamassa, Billy Sheehan, Zakk Wylde and Al Di Meola.Sherinian has distinguished himself by his versatility, and aggressive "guitaristic" approach to his signature keyboard style. MusicRadar.com declared, "A true shredder, his virtuoso playing has seen him dubbed the keyboard-playing version of Eddie Van Halen."In 2021, he was voted "Greatest Keyboardist Of The 21st Century", and #8 Greatest of All Time by MusicRadar.com. In 2020, he was voted No. 1 Keyboardist in Japan's Burrn! Magazine. In 2018, he was voted No. 9 Greatest Keyboardist Ever in Prog Magazine. He has also appeared on the cover of numerous keyboard magazines around the world, including the November 2011 issue of Keyboard Magazine, which declared Sherinian a "Keyboard Hero for a New Generation". He has also been called the "King of the Keys" by Guitar World magazine and the "Caligula of Keyboards" by Alice Cooper.His musical influences include Elton John, Edward Van Halen and Jan Hammer.Sherinian received his first big break with Alice Cooper in 1989 to tour in support of the platinum selling Trash album.Sherinian toured and recorded with Cooper on and off until 1998. Cooper said of Sherinian, "Derek Sherinian will be at least one chapter in my book when I write my autobiography. He is the Caligula of the keyboards. He was born with the rock star charisma. Reeking of self-esteem, he walked into our first rehearsal for the 'Trash' tour and flawlessly auditioned by playing every classic Bob Ezrin keyboard part to the note. Ten years later and thousands of exchanged poker chips later, the two of us have probably broken even. He once pulled four twos on the bullet train from Japan, and won a huge poker pot. I'll always remember that day...him jumping up on the very conservative bullet train, screaming that he'd pulled four twos, which is an awfully good hand in poker.

Album:

Sons Of Apollo keyboard player DEREK SHERINIAN will release a new solo studio album titled ”The Vortex”. As well as Sherinian and long-time co-writer, co-producer and drummer extraordinaire Simon Phillips, ”Vortex” features former The Firm bassist Tony Franklin and an incredible set of guitar players.Just check the list: awesome Billy Idol guitarist Steve Stevens, Joe Bonamassa, Steve Lukather, Zakk Wylde, Sons Of Apollo bandmate Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Michael Schenker, Mike Stern and Extreme’s Nuno Bettencourt… wow… just WOW!“The choice of guitarist works itself out in the writing,” Sherinian explains. “Also, like in the case of Steve Stevens, we co-wrote the song together, so it was natural for him to play on it.”Sherinian has more than made a name for himself. After all, MusicRadar.com deemed him “A true shredder, his virtuoso playing has seen him dubbed the keyboard-playing version of Eddie Van Halen,” in 2020.Moreover, in 2021 he was voted Greatest Keyboardist Of The 21st Century, and the eighth Greatest of All Time by the same site, and Prog Magazine saw him voted the ninth Greatest Keyboardist Ever.But then you don’t rack up a resumé such as his without some serious chops, having worked with the likes of Dream Theater, Black Country Communion, Billy Idol, Whitesnake – David Coverdale stated in 2020, “Derek plays like the son of Jon Lord”, – Kiss, current band Sons Of Apollo, and Alice Cooper – who in 1989 called him the “Caligula of keyboards”.The follow-up to 2020’s The Phoenix, ”Vortex” includes eight tracks built on Derek’s signature chameleonic sound that blends rock with elements of funk, prog, and jazz, which he started writing even before The Phoenix was finished.“Vortex is a continuation of The Phoenix,” Sherinian states. “However, I feel the composition is stronger on the new album, and I would describe it as a modern-day classic fusion record, but with newer heavier tonality.”When it came to guitars, Sherinian recruited a who’s who of great players, some of whom he had worked with before – Steve Stevens, Joe Bonamassa, Steve Lukather, Zakk Wylde, “Bumblefoot” Thal – and a few new allies, in the form of Michael Schenker, Mike Stern, and Nuno Bettencourt.Of his new collaborators, he says of Bettencourt, who appears on the scratchy “Fire Horse”, “I have always been a fan of his playing, and I am glad that we finally got to record together. He has the Van Halen swing and swagger to his playing that I love. We were both born in 1966, the Chinese year of the Fire Horse.”According to Sherinian, Schenker’s inclusion was a no-brainer. “Michael Schenker has been one of my heroes for many years. He asked me to play on his ‘Immortal’ album, and in return, he agreed to play on one track here, “Die Kobra”. I wanted to write a great song inspired by my favorite Schenker tracks. Zakk Wylde added some great additional parts to the song, and Tony Franklin and Simon Phillips sound great, as usual.”This is killer stuff, and agreed with Sherinian that ”The Vortex” should be his most complete solo effort. There’s something for everyone here, from rockers to jazzy progressive, plenty of terrific performances from all involved.

Line Up:

Derek Sherinian / organs, pianos, synths
Simon Phillips / drums
Tony Franklin / bass

With:

Steve Stevens / guitar (1,4)
Nuno Bettencourt /guitar (2)
Joe Bonamassa / guitar (5)
Steve Lukather / guitar (5)
Michael Schenker / guitar (6)
Zakk Wylde / guitar (6)
Mike Stern / guitar (7)
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal / guitar (8)

Tracklist:

01. The Vortex (feat. Steve Stevens) (04:25)
02. Fire Horse (feat. Nuno Bettencourt) (04:26)
03. Scorpion (03:38)
04. Seven Seas (feat. Steve Stevens) (06:16)
05. Key Lime Blues (feat. Joe Bonamassa & Steve Lukather) (04:42)
06. Die Kobra (feat. Michael Schenker & Zakk Wylde) (06:44)
07. Nomad's Land (feat. Mike Stern) (05:20)
08. Aurora Australis (feat. Bumblefoot) (11:11)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných