The Alan Parsons Project (GBR)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Alan Parsons Project (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Feb 2022, 12:24

The Alan Parsons Project – The Sicilian Defence (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Rock , Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

The Alan Parsons Project is a British progressive rock band, active between 1975 and 1990, consisting of Eric Woolfson and Alan Parsons surrounded by a varying number of session musicians and some relatively consistent band members such as guitarist Ian Bairnson.Behind the revolving line-up and the regular sidemen, the true core of the Project was the duo of Parsons and Woolfson. Woolfson was a songwriter by profession, but also a composer and pianist. Parsons was a successful producer and accomplished engineer. Almost all songs on the band's albums are credited to "Woolfson/Parsons".Since 1993, a new version of the band has toured, with Parsons performing live acoustic guitar, keyboards and vocals, with various line-ups. This latest incarnation was called Alan Parsons, eventually renaming as the Alan Parsons Live Project, the name distinct from "The Alan Parsons Project", due to founder Parsons' break-up with Woolfson.

Album:

The Sicilian Defence is the twelfth studio album by The Alan Parsons Project, released in 2014. It was named after the Sicilian Defence, a famous chess opening move. This was the final Alan Parsons Project studio album to be released, 24 years after the split of the band, and it has so far only been available as part of the eleven-CD box set The Complete Albums Collection (which omits the original mix of Tales of Mystery and Imagination and all bonus tracks from previous expanded reissues).Originally recorded in 1979, it was never actually intended for release, but was sent to the band's label, Arista, as a sort of "chess move" as they did not feel they were given adequate time to make a new album while Eric Woolfson negotiated their contract, but were under obligation to deliver one anyway. As such, this album consists of incomplete sketches that were never fleshed out into proper songs, and whose titles follow a particular variation of the chess opening. "P-QB4" was the first track to be released from the album, when a shortened version of it entitled "Elsie's Theme" was included on the 2008 remastered edition of Eve. It is thus the only track to be given a formal title unrelated to a chess move.

Line-Up:

Alan Parsons – keyboards, acoustic guitar, bass, flute, vocals, vocoder, engineering, production
Eric Woolfson – keyboards, vocals, executive production

Tracklist:

01. P-K4 (5:00)
02. P-Qb4 (6:22)
03. Kt-KB3 (3:07)
04. …Kt-QB3 (1:15)
05. P-Q4 (3:54)
06. PxP (3:28)
07. KtxP (4:01)
08. Kt-B3 (0:54)
09. Kt-QB3 (8:16)
10. P-Q3 (3:30)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: The Alan Parsons Project (GBR)

The Alan Parsons Symphonic Project - Live In Colombia (2CD) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Progressive Rock , Symphonic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 152 mb

Info:

The Alan Parsons Project is a British progressive rock band, active between 1975 and 1990, consisting of Eric Woolfson and Alan Parsons surrounded by a varying number of session musicians and some relatively consistent band members such as guitarist Ian Bairnson.Behind the revolving line-up and the regular sidemen, the true core of the Project was the duo of Parsons and Woolfson. Woolfson was a songwriter by profession, but also a composer and pianist. Parsons was a successful producer and accomplished engineer. Almost all songs on the band's albums are credited to "Woolfson/Parsons".Since 1993, a new version of the band has toured, with Parsons performing live acoustic guitar, keyboards and vocals, with various line-ups. This latest incarnation was called Alan Parsons, eventually renaming as the Alan Parsons Live Project, the name distinct from "The Alan Parsons Project", due to founder Parsons' break-up with Woolfson.

Album:

To the great delight of Alan Parsons' fans, for the first time on an audio recording, THE ALAN PARSONS SYMPHONIC PROJECT combines the talents of his amazing band with the lush sound of a symphony orchestra, creating a very special show with unmatched quality. On the evening of August 31st, 2013, a large crowd gathered at Parque Pies Descalzos in Medellin, Colombia. When Alan Parsons appeared on stage, along with the Medellin Philharmonic Orchestra and his band, the audience went crazy. "Live in Colombia" is the audio document of that incredible evening.Alan Parsons, the mastermind and solo survivor since the heydays, started out as assistant engineer to George Martin at Abbey Road studios and was heavily involved towards the end of the Beatles' success story. Not to mention a certain 'Dark Side of The Moon' and Pink Floyd, prior to setting up his very own project in 1975. The Alan Parsons Project debut, Tales of Mystery and Imagination (1975), was based upon Poe's horror stories and merely "The Raven" has managed to spread his wings and fly across the sky to touch base in Colombia.It's quite the experience to hear tracks such as "Breakdown" (from the 1977 classic, I Robot) or "The Raven" for that matter with the full 70-piece orchestra and massive choir. The five complex and intriguing parts of "The Turn of a Friendly Card", including 'Snake Eyes, The Ace Of Swords, Nothing Left To Lose', are also exceptional as the band sounds great and the same goes for lead singer PJ Olsson.Of course, the rock&pop hits "Don't Answer Me" and "Damned If I Do" are also included with refreshed arrangements.While lyrically there's no real contest to the Raven, it opens up with the future world of "I Robot" and ends in a more up-to-date sound of "Games People Play". The youngest track on display (La Sagrada Familia -1987) benefit from the orchestra, while the rest are all from the classic era of 1976 to 1983. It's something different from the usual live effort.Great performance.

Line-Up:

Alan Parsons (acoustic guitar, keys, vocals)
P.J. Olsson (lead vocals)
Alastair Greene (guitar, vocals)
Guy Erez (bass, vocals)
Danny Thompson (drums, vocals)
Tom Brooks (keyboards, vocals)
Todd Cooper (saxophone, guitar, percussion, vocals)
The Medellin Philharmonic Orchestra

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. I Robot
02. Damned If I Do
03. Don’t Answer Me
04. Breakdown
05. The Raven
06. Time
07. I Wouldn’t Want to Be Like You
08. La Sagrada Familia
09. The Turn of a Friendly Card (Part One)
10. Snake Eyes
11. The Ace of Swords
12. Nothing Left to Lose
13. The Turn of a Friendly Card (Part Two)

CD2:

01. What Goes Up…
02. Luciferama
03. Silence and I
04. Prime Time
05. Sirius
06. Eye in the Sky
07. Old and Wise
08. Games People Play

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Alan Parsons with Israel Philharmonic Orchestra - One Note Symphony: Live In Tel Aviv (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Progressive Rock , Symphonic Rock
Size : 152 mb

Info:

Album:

Frontiers Music Srl is proud to announce the release of another stunning live album from Alan Parsons and his skilled band of musicians, which this time includes a full performance with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra. ‘One Note Symphony: Live In Tel Aviv’ will be released on 11th February 2022 on 2CD+DVD, Blu-ray, 3xLP and digital formats.“It’s a rare treat to perform with an orchestra, so I asked the team who had filmed shows of ours in the Netherlands and produced the video for our recent ‘The NeverEnding Show’ to join us and film this performance as well,” explains Parsons. “As luck would have it, they agreed to make the trip to Tel Aviv, and hired a fantastic crew of local cameramen and technicians. We are all very proud of the final result.”He continues: “Whenever I have an opportunity to play with an orchestra, I always try to incorporate songs into the setlist that we wouldn’t otherwise be able to perform live, such as the epic ‘Silence and I’ from the ‘Eye In the Sky’ album. We also took advantage of this opportunity to play ‘The Sorcerer’s Apprentice’ from our latest studio album, which is a new version of the well known classical piece that appeared in the movie Fantasia. Our keyboard player, Tom Brooks, is a talented orchestral arranger and he conducted all of the orchestral pieces for this show.”Parsons and his band had played in Israel three times over the previous decade. “There is a special sense of excitement whenever we play there. To be given the honour of performing with one of the greatest orchestras in the world was a fantastic experience,” he concludes.The career of Alan Parsons began at the age of 18 when he earned his first credit on the Beatles album ‘Abbey Road’. He soon became a respected studio engineer, working with the likes of Paul McCartney, John Miles, The Hollies, Al Stewart and Pink Floyd. He is especially renowned for his work on the latter’s 1973 masterpiece ‘The Dark Side of The Moon’, on which he experimented with many of the most advanced recording techniques of the time, showcasing his forward thinking approach. As well as receiving multiple global sales awards, Parsons has received ten Grammy Award nominations for his work. In 2007, he was nominated for Best Surround Sound Album for his ‘A Valid Path’ release.In 1975, he formed The Alan Parsons Project along with Eric Woolfson. The Project consisted of a group of studio musicians and vocalists that often involved members of the bands Pilot and Ambrosia, both of whom Parsons had produced. The Alan Parsons Project released ten studio albums before ceasing at the end of the 1980’s, but rarely performed live despite having several chart hits.Parsons has subsequently released four albums under his own name that have often featured musicians from the Project releases. In 1994, he started touring regularly as The Alan Parsons Live Project and in 2019 returned with ‘The Secret’, his first studio album in 15 years. It was followed by a world tour that saw Parsons and his band perform new songs alongside classic tracks from his catalogue. Parsons was awarded an OBE in June 2021.

Line-Up:

Alan Parsons - vocals, acoustic guitar, ukulele, keyboards
P.J. Olsson - lead vocals, acoustic guitar, percussion
Todd Cooper - vocals, sax, recorder, acoustic guitar, percussion
Jeff Kollman - guitars, vocals
Tom Brooks - keyboards, vocals, orchestral arranger and conductor
Dan Tracey - guitars, vocals
Guy Erez - bass, vocals
Danny Thompson - drums, vocals
Jordan Asher Huffman - guest vocals
The Israel Philharmonic Orchestra

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. One Note Symphony (Live) (5:17)
02. Damned If I Do (Live) (4:54)
03. Don't Answer Me (Live) (4:30)
04. Time (Live) (5:47)
05. Breakdown - the Raven (Live) (6:45)
06. Luciferama (Live) (4:57)
07. Silence and I (Live) (7:41)
08. I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You (Live) (4:47)
09. Don't Let It Show (Live) (4:42)

CD2:

01. The Sorcerers's Apprentice (Live) (5:51)
02. Standing on Higher Ground (Live) (4:37)
03. As Lights Fall (Live) (3:56)
04. I Can't Get There from Here (Live) (4:46)
05. Prime Time (Live) (10:58)
06. Sirius - Eye in the Sky (Live) (5:54)
07. Old and Wise (Live) (5:32)
08. (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether (Live) (3:32)
09. Games People Play (Live) (4:40)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Júl 2022, 10:32

Alan Parsons - From The New World (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Bio:

Album:

Frontiers Music is proud to announce the release of the new studio album "From The New World" by the legendary Alan Parsons. The eleven-time Grammy nominated legendary music icon and master of progressive rock released his last studio album, "The Secret", in April 2019. "From The New World" touches on the classics sounds Parsons has become known for in his impressive career, with progressive, symphonic and classic rock elements all touched upon on this stunning album. Guest appearances from the likes of renowned guitarist and singer Joe Bonamassa, Tommy Shaw of Styx, vocalist David Pack (Ambrosia) and vocalist James Durbin add wonderful touches to the stunning performances by Alan and his incredible backing band.

Line-Up:

Alan Parsons – keyboards, acoustic guitar, bass, flute, vocals, vocoder, engineering, production

+ guests:

+
Tommy Shaw (lv, bv)
David Pack (lv)
James Durbin (lv, g)
P.J. Olsson (lv, bv)
Todd Cooper (lv, s, bv)
Dan Tracey (lv, g, bv)
Mark Mikel (lv, bv)
Tabitha Fair (lv)
Jeff Kollman (g)
Jeff Marshall (g)
Tim Pierce (g)
Guy Erez (b)
Danny Thompson (d)
Tom Brooks (k)
Doug Powell (k, bv)
Matt McCarrin (k)
Kim Bullard (k)
Chris Shutters (bv)
Scott Hunt (bv)
Joe Bonamassa (g on track 5, 7)
Mika Larson (ce on track 7)

Tracklist:

01. Fare Thee Well
02. The Secret
03. Uroboros (ft. Tommy Shaw)
04. Don't Fade Now
05. Give 'Em My Love (ft. James Durbin, Joe Bonamassa)
06. Obstacles
07. I Won't Be Led Astray (ft. David Pack, Joe Bonamassa)
08. You Are The Light
09. Halo
10. Goin' Home
11. Be My Baby

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Aug 2022, 13:13

Alan Parsons - From The New World (Japan Edition) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Bio:

Album:

Frontiers Music is proud to announce the release of the new studio album "From The New World" by the legendary Alan Parsons. The eleven-time Grammy nominated legendary music icon and master of progressive rock released his last studio album, "The Secret", in April 2019. "From The New World" touches on the classics sounds Parsons has become known for in his impressive career, with progressive, symphonic and classic rock elements all touched upon on this stunning album. Guest appearances from the likes of renowned guitarist and singer Joe Bonamassa, Tommy Shaw of Styx, vocalist David Pack (Ambrosia) and vocalist James Durbin add wonderful touches to the stunning performances by Alan and his incredible backing band.

Line-Up:

+ guests:

Lead Vocals - Alan Parsons, Tommy Shaw, David Pack, James Durbin, P.J. Olsson, Todd Cooper, Dan Tracey, Mark Mikel, Tabitha Fair
Backing Vocals - Alan Parsons, Tommy Shaw, P.J. Olsson, Todd Cooper, Dan Tracey, Doug Powell, Mark Mikel, Chris Shutters, Scott Hunt
Guitars - Alan Parsons, Jeff Kollman, Dan Tracey, Doug Powell, Jeff Marshall, James Durbin, Tim Pierce
Bass - Guy Erez
Keyboards - Tom Brooks, Doug Powell, Matt McCarrin, Kim Bullard
Sax - Todd Cooper
Cello on “I Won’t Be Led Astray” - Mika Larson
Guitar Solos on “Give ‘Em My Love” and “I Won’t Be Led Astray” - Joe Bonamassa
Drums - Danny Thompson

Tracklist:

01. Fare Thee Well
02. The Secret
03. Uroboros (ft. Tommy Shaw)
04. Don't Fade Now
05. Give 'Em My Love (ft. James Durbin, Joe Bonamassa)
06. Obstacles
07. I Won't Be Led Astray (ft. David Pack, Joe Bonamassa)
08. You Are The Light
09. Halo
10. Goin' Home
11. Be My Baby
12. Don't Fade Now (Remix Version) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných