Aldo Nova (CAN)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Aldo Nova (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Sep 2014, 12:54

Aldo Nova - Aldo Nova (1982) (Portrait Remastered Edition 1999)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1982 (Portrait Remastered Edition 1999)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 112 mb

Bio:

Aldo Nova (born Aldo Caporuscio on November 13, 1956 in Montreal, Quebec) is a Canadian guitarist, keyboardist, vocalist and producer. Nova initially gained fame with his self-titled debut album Aldo Nova in 1982 and its accompanying single, "Fantasy," which climbed to Number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100.Signing with Portrait Records, Nova released a self-produced album Aldo Nova in 1982 that had two singles: "Fantasy" and "Foolin' Yourself". His second album Subject...Aldo Nova from 1983 had two singles: "Monkey on Your Back" and "Always Be Mine". His third album Twitch from 1985 had two singles: "Rumours Of You" and "Tonite (Lift Me Up)". In addition, he produced some early Celine Dion albums. He co-wrote the hit song, "A New Day Has Come" for Dion and has been featured playing guitar, synthesizer, and percussion on her records. He also wrote her songs "Your Light" and "I Can't Fight The Feelin'". He co-wrote the Blue Öyster Cult song "Take Me Away" and helped write and produce parts of Chantal Condor's 1989 album Chantal. In 1990, Aldo Nova wrote the main guitar riff that would be used in the Jon Bon Jovi song "Blaze Of Glory". In 1991, to return the favour, Bon Jovi worked with Nova on his Jambco Records (Jon Bon Jovi's label) release Blood On The Bricks. It had three singles: "Blood On The Bricks", "Medicine Man", and "Someday".As a songwriter, Nova's recent hits include Clay Aiken's "This Is The Night" (co-written with Chris Braide and Gary Burr), which in the US was a number one hit and the best selling single of 2003

Album:

Aldo Nova is the self-titled debut album by Canadian hard rock musician Aldo Nova, released in 1982. It reached number 8 on the Billboard 200 and was certified Gold by the RIAA on May 14, 1982, Platinum on February 14, 1989, and Double Platinum on December 5, 1994.

Line Up:

Aldo Nova: vocals, lead and rhythm guitars, bass guitar, keyboards, synthesizers
Dennis Chartrand: acoustic piano
Michel Pelo, Roberto Biagioni: bass guitar
Michael LaChapelle, Terry Martel: drums, percussion
Daniel Barbe, Dwight Druck: backing vocals

Production:

Executive Producers: Lennie Petzie, Val Azzoli
Produced by Aldo Nova
Recorded By Aldo Nova, Billy Szawlowski & Louis Mercier (at Bobinason Studios & Kingdom Sound)
Mixed By Aldo Nova, Tony Bongiovi & Ray "We Don't Know What You Do" Willard (at The Power Station)
Mastered by Bob Ludwig
All Songs Published By ATV Music.

Tracklist:

01. "Fantasy" – 5:05
02. "Hot Love" – 3:54
03. "It's Too Late" – 3:23
04. "Ball and Chain" – 4:01
05. "Heart to Heart" – 3:42
06. "Foolin' Yourself" – 3:35
07. "Under the Gun" – 3:47
08. "You're My Love" – 3:33
09. "Can't Stop Lovin' You" – 3:57
10. "See the Light" –3:56

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Aldo Nova (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Mar 2016, 16:14

Aldo Nova - Blood On The Bricks (UK Edition) (1991)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (UK Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Aldo Nova (born Aldo Caporuscio on November 13, 1956 in Montreal, Quebec) is a Canadian guitarist, keyboardist, vocalist, songwriter, and producer. Nova initially gained fame with his self-titled debut album Aldo Nova in 1982 which climbed to Billboard's number 8 position, and its accompanying single, "Fantasy," which climbed to number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100.Signing with Portrait Records, Nova released a self-produced album Aldo Nova in 1982 that had two singles: "Fantasy" and "Foolin' Yourself". His second album Subject...Aldo Nova from 1983 had two singles: "Monkey on Your Back" and "Always Be Mine". His third album Twitch from 1985 had two singles: "Rumours Of You" and "Tonite (Lift Me Up)". Nova was displeased with the album and the record company's insistence on making a more commercial album. After supporting the Twitch album Nova asked to be released from his contract, which the record company would not do. Nova decided to move to Montreal and work on jingles, waiting for his contract to expire in 1991. Stating he would not work on an album he didn't have full creative control over. In 1990, Aldo Nova wrote the main guitar riff that would be used in the Jon Bon Jovi song "Blaze Of Glory". In 1991, to return the favour, Bon Jovi worked with Nova on his Jambco Records (Jon Bon Jovi's label) release Blood On The Bricks. It had three singles: "Blood On The Bricks", "Medicine Man", and "Someday". In addition, he produced some early Celine Dion albums. He co-wrote the hit song, "A New Day Has Come" for Dion, and has been featured playing guitar, synthesizer, and percussion on her records. He also wrote her songs "Your Light" and "I Can't Fight The Feelin'", "You and I Were Meant To Fly" (which was also used as Hillary Clinton's Campaign song, and for the Air Canada theme song). He co-wrote the Blue Öyster Cult song "Take Me Away".In 1996 he received a Grammy Award as producer for Celine Dion's "Falling Into You" for Album of the Year. In 1997 he released the much acclaimed, mostly instrumental album, Nova's Dream, which featured a different side of his talents as a musician writer. The album is considered by his fans as one of his best alongside his eponymous debut and Subject. He co-wrote the Latin Grammy nominated song "Aqui" for the Chilean rock group La Ley on the album Uno. He also co-wrote and co-produced 4 other tracks on that album, which later that year won a Grammy for best Latin/Alternative/Rock Album.Among the majority of his solo efforts, Nova is best known for his first solo album effort, featuring keyboard work by Dennis Chartrand and Diego Insalaco. As a songwriter, Nova's recent hits include Clay Aiken's "This Is The Night" (co-written with Chris Braide and Gary Burr), which in the US was a number one hit and the best selling single of 2003. He was also the only writer to have written or co-written 5 songs on Celine Dion's Taking Chances album. Presently, Aldo chooses only to write his own music and refuses to collaborate with any other artists.

Album:

Blood on the Bricks is the fourth studio album by Canadian singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Aldo Nova, for which he signed to Jon Bon Jovi's Jambco Records. It was his first album in 6 years. The album featured fewer outside writers than his previous record, Twitch. The songs were mostly written by Nova and Jon Bon Jovi, with help from Jim Vallance and Rick Hughes of Canadian metal band Sword.Bret Adams of allmusic called the album "generally overproduced and noisy", saying that "most of the choruses are shout-along affairs." He ended his review by saying "Blood on the Bricks should have been better." Author Martin Popoff called the album "kickin'", and characterized it as a comeback of sorts after a 6-year absence, stating Blood on the Bricks "proves you're never really washed-up for good unless you're six feet under, especially if you've got Jon Bon Jovi as a buddy.".After Aldo’s career had been declared clinically dead and Aldo himself a “one hit wonder” (“Fantasy”), it took the mighty Jon Bon Jovi to resurrect him. JBJ, who co-produces and co-writes pretty much every song here, has a heavy stamp on this album. Considering that Aldo played on several Jon Bon Jovi releases, this album will appeal mostly to fans of the Well-Coifed One.The problem with Blood On The Bricks is not lack of decent material, or lack of chops. Indeed, Aldo proves on several tracks that he is a burnin’ axeman, and he even takes a brief keyboard solo on “Bright Lights”. The problem here is that this album is choked to death in overproduction, and I have to blame JBJ for that. Every song collapses under its own weight of gang “whoa whoa” backing vocals, shrill instruments, and thudding shapeless drums with all the characteristic telltale signs of samples.A song like “Medicine Man”, for example, is a decent if generic song on its own. However it stumbles under the weight of layers of backing vocals and overdubs. The production has spoiled this batch of pleasant if ordinary rock toons. This type of production value was way too common in 1991. Play Prisoners in Paradise by Europe, or Hey Stoopid by Alice Cooper for an idea of this sonic quality. Aldo’s album is recorded and mixed even worse than the afforementioned. And the lyrics are pretty juvenile. “His boom-box blastin’ some Metallica track”? Did Aldo really sing that?Song highlights for me incluced the burning title track, “Bright Lights”, and nostalgic moments like “Touch Of Madness”, “Young Love” or “Medicine Man”. However aside from the guitar playing everything here is terribly generic; there’s nothing here that you haven’t heard before. For example, “Veronica’s Song” boils down to a rewrite of Bon Jovi’s “Silent Night”, and that makes me sad.Two more Bon Jovi connections to mention: the great Kenny Aranoff, whom Jon likes to use on his solo projects such as Blaze of Glory, plays drums. Phil X is pictured in the CD booklet as he was in Aldo’s touring band, but he does not play on Blood on the Bricks. Phil X, known to his friends as Phil Xenedis, is currently on the road with Bon Jovi, filling in for Richie Sambora.I do like the original cover, it was cool if a bit bland. This edition has an annoying “FEATURING JON BON JOVI” scrawled all over it, as large as the album title. That also makes me sad.

Line Up:

Aldo Nova: vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, organ, keyboards, programming
Steve Segal: steel and slide guitar
Greg Mathieson: Hammond organ
Daniel Barbe: piano
Randy Jackson: bass guitar
Kenny Aronoff: drums
Aldo Mazza: percussion
Jon Bon Jovi, Alan Jordan, Kip Lennon, Rick Virag: backing vocals
The No Sweat Horns: horn section

Production

Arranged and produced by Aldo Nova & Jon Bon Jovi
Engineer: Rob Jacobs
Assistant engineers: Nick DiDia, Steve Gallagher, Aldo Nova, Simon Pressey, Anthony Roberts
Mixing: Nick DiDia, Rob Jacobs, Paul Lani
Mastering: Bob Ludwig

Tracklist:

01. Blood on the Bricks
02. Medicine Man
03. Bang Bang
04. Someday
05. Young Love
06. Modern World
07. This Ain't Love
08. Hey Ronnie (Veronica's Song)
09. Touch of Madness
10. Bright Lights

+ Video "Someday" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Apr 2016, 07:06

Aldo Nova - Subject (1983) (Rock Candy Remastered 2012)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Rock Candy Remastered 2012)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 176 mb

Bio:

Aldo Nova (born Aldo Caporuscio on November 13, 1956 in Montreal, Quebec) is a Canadian guitarist, keyboardist, vocalist, songwriter, and producer. Nova initially gained fame with his self-titled debut album Aldo Nova in 1982 which climbed to Billboard's number 8 position, and its accompanying single, "Fantasy," which climbed to number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100.Signing with Portrait Records, Nova released a self-produced album Aldo Nova in 1982 that had two singles: "Fantasy" and "Foolin' Yourself". His second album Subject...Aldo Nova from 1983 had two singles: "Monkey on Your Back" and "Always Be Mine". His third album Twitch from 1985 had two singles: "Rumours Of You" and "Tonite (Lift Me Up)". Nova was displeased with the album and the record company's insistence on making a more commercial album. After supporting the Twitch album Nova asked to be released from his contract, which the record company would not do. Nova decided to move to Montreal and work on jingles, waiting for his contract to expire in 1991. Stating he would not work on an album he didn't have full creative control over. In 1990, Aldo Nova wrote the main guitar riff that would be used in the Jon Bon Jovi song "Blaze Of Glory". In 1991, to return the favour, Bon Jovi worked with Nova on his Jambco Records (Jon Bon Jovi's label) release Blood On The Bricks. It had three singles: "Blood On The Bricks", "Medicine Man", and "Someday". In addition, he produced some early Celine Dion albums. He co-wrote the hit song, "A New Day Has Come" for Dion, and has been featured playing guitar, synthesizer, and percussion on her records. He also wrote her songs "Your Light" and "I Can't Fight The Feelin'", "You and I Were Meant To Fly" (which was also used as Hillary Clinton's Campaign song, and for the Air Canada theme song). He co-wrote the Blue Öyster Cult song "Take Me Away".In 1996 he received a Grammy Award as producer for Celine Dion's "Falling Into You" for Album of the Year. In 1997 he released the much acclaimed, mostly instrumental album, Nova's Dream, which featured a different side of his talents as a musician writer. The album is considered by his fans as one of his best alongside his eponymous debut and Subject. He co-wrote the Latin Grammy nominated song "Aqui" for the Chilean rock group La Ley on the album Uno. He also co-wrote and co-produced 4 other tracks on that album, which later that year won a Grammy for best Latin/Alternative/Rock Album.Among the majority of his solo efforts, Nova is best known for his first solo album effort, featuring keyboard work by Dennis Chartrand and Diego Insalaco. As a songwriter, Nova's recent hits include Clay Aiken's "This Is The Night" (co-written with Chris Braide and Gary Burr), which in the US was a number one hit and the best selling single of 2003. He was also the only writer to have written or co-written 5 songs on Celine Dion's Taking Chances album. Presently, Aldo chooses only to write his own music and refuses to collaborate with any other artists.

Album:

Subject...Aldo Nova is the second studio album by Canadian rock musician Aldo Nova, released in 1983. It was certified Gold by the RIAA on December 5, 1994.Other reissues by Rock Candy that need to be rescued here are Canadian ALDO NOVA first albums. Let's start with the second and my favorite, "Subject: Aldo Nova".In the early '80s Nova secured a publishing deal and then a recording contract with Portrait Records through CBS Records. His self-produced, self titled debut album contained some material from his earlier demo sessions and garnered two hit singles which pushed record sales over a million copies worldwide.For "Subject: Aldo Nova" he decided to go for something different adding short instrumentals between the actual songs, including lots of synthesizers and effects. This move was quite criticized by the press at the time arguing that affected the disc flow.Wrong. "Subject: Aldo Nova" is a cult classic AOR album from the eighties, imaginative, catchy, highly melodic.The first three tracks: "Subject's Theme", "Armageddon (Race Cars)" and "Armageddon" all form one cool instrumental piece with keyboards galore and fine guitar playing, landing into the first real song on the album; the radio hit rocker 'Monkey On Your Back", a fan favorite. It is an anti-drug warning, very heavy with an equal quota of stylized keyboard effects and hard backing riffs."Cry Baby Cry" is full on hard rock, with some of the wilder guitar work heard in the AOR pantheon. The solo is brief, but a burst of fury. Melody is all over the place, Nova pushing the listener to levels of disbelief.Next we have a cover of Coney Hatch's "Hey Operator". I love Nova's version, instantly catchy and breezy.Then we reach "Victim Of A Broken Heart", arguably Nova's best ballad ever, a stunning melodic tune with great atmosphere, getting it just right with the gut wrenching synths and guitar solo."Hold Back The Night" and "Always Be Mine" score big on choruses with varying invasions of synthesizer that are borderline genius. "All Night Long" is an uplifting, memorable melodic rocker, a manual for aspiring players wanting to understand interplay perfectly, just listen opening 30 seconds trade off riffs and keys to perfection. The album ends with a trilogy of sorts, starting with the short pounding "War Suite" and then breaking into "Prelude To Paradise" and "Paradise". The latter two tracks have the same theme as the opening number to the album, a kind of slowpaced, synth heavy melodic numbers which end the album on a high note."Subject: Aldo Nova" is a pure eighties AOR record with a rocking emphasis, rich in sophisticated keyboards, melodies, precise arrangements and carefully crafted instrumentation, featuring the likes of Chuck Burgi (Rainbow, Arc Angel), Billy Carmassi (Streetheart) and David Sikes (Giuffria, Boston) among others.Subject: Aldo Nova" only hit 56 on Billboard and was not a big seller as Aldo's debut. Nova claimed CBS failed to promote it properly, put the blame on the music industry and retired from music for nearly two years.The notion that this failed on musical terms is absurd and an insult to anyone who understands what good AOR should be: sumptuous glossy melodies. On that note 'Subject' is an '80s classic to me.
Very good remaster by Rock Candy.

Line Up:

Aldo Nova vocals, guitars
Billy Carmassi drums
David Sikes bass on track 5
Neal Jason bass on tracks 8, 9, 10, and 12
Steve Buslowe bass on track 11
Denis Chartrand piano on track 7
Chuck Burgi drums on track 10
Kevin Carlson 2nd Guitar Solo on tracks 3 and 12

Tracklist:

01. Subject's Theme 1:36
02. Armageddon (Race Cars) 0:25
03. Armageddon 2:41
04. Monkey on Your Back 4:35
05. Hey Operator 3:54
06. Cry Baby Cry 4:17
07. Victim of a Broken Heart 4:19
08. Africa (Primal Love) 0:39
09. Hold Back the Night 4:48
10. Always Be Mine 4:11
11. All Night Long 3:41
12. War Suite 1:26
13. Prelude to Paradise 1:31
14. Paradise 3:17

+ Video "Hold Back the Night" (Official Video)
+ Video "Monkey on Your Back" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Máj 2020, 07:21

Aldo Nova - Blood On The Bricks (Japan Edition) (1991)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Japan Edition)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 139 mb

Bio:

Album:

The very hard to find ALDO NOVA album “Blood On The Bricks +1” in its Japanese edition.Blood on the Bricks is the fourth studio album by Canadian singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Aldo Nova, for which he signed to Jon Bon Jovi's Jambco Records.It was his first album in 6 years.The album featured fewer outside writers than his previous record, Twitch. The songs were mostly written by Nova and Jon Bon Jovi, with help from Jim Vallance and Rick Hughes of Canadian metal band Sword.Bret Adams of allmusic called the album "generally overproduced and noisy", saying that "most of the choruses are shout-along affairs." This is the fourth studio album by Canadian Aldo Nova, for which he signed to Jon Bon Jovi’s Jambco Records and co-write most the songs and helped with production. There’s also songwriting contribution from Jim Vallance (Bryan Adams).“Blood On The Bricks” (1991) was Nova’s first album in 6 years after the poppy AOR LP ‘Twich’, somekind of a comeback to his melodic hard rock roots.A kickin’ rockin’ record, and the Japan bonus track ‘Dance Of The Dead’ is a great addition.“Blood On The Bricks” sounds very 1991: big production, multi-track layers, huge backing vocals, catchy choruses and Nova’s guitar playing all over it. Indeed, Aldo proves on several tracks that he is a burnin’ axeman, and he even takes a brief keyboard solo on “Bright Lights”.Song highlights include the burning title track, the racing “Bright Lights”, and the nod to Aldo’s ’80s moments like “Touch Of Madness”, “Young Love” or the catchy “Medicine Man”. There’s a strong ballad too, “Hey Ronnie (Veronica’s Song)”, quite Bon Jovi-esque in nature.Two more Bon Jovi connections to mention: the great Kenny Aronoff, whom Jon likes to use on his solo projects such as Blaze Of Glory, plays drums. Phil X (current BJ guitarist) is pictured in the CD booklet as he was in Aldo’s touring band, but he does not play on the album.

Line Up:

Aldo Nova: vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, organ, keyboards, programming
Steve Segal: steel and slide guitar
Greg Mathieson: Hammond organ
Daniel Barbe: piano
Randy Jackson: bass guitar
Kenny Aronoff: drums
Aldo Mazza: percussion
Jon Bon Jovi, Alan Jordan, Kip Lennon, Rick Virag: backing vocals
The No Sweat Horns: horn section

Production

Arranged and produced by Aldo Nova & Jon Bon Jovi
Engineer: Rob Jacobs
Assistant engineers: Nick DiDia, Steve Gallagher, Aldo Nova, Simon Pressey, Anthony Roberts
Mixing: Nick DiDia, Rob Jacobs, Paul Lani
Mastering: Bob Ludwig

Tracklist:

01. Blood on the Bricks
02. Medicine Man
03. Bang Bang
04. Someday
05. Young Love
06. Modern World
07. This Ain't Love
08. Hey Ronnie (Veronica's Song)
09. Touch of Madness
10. Bright Lights
11. Dance Of The Dead (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Someday" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Sep 2021, 07:35

Aldo Nova - Twitch (1985) (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 108 mb

Bio:

Album:

Here’s the fresh Rock Candy Records remastered version of Canada’s multifaceted one-man music-creator ALDO NOVA third album ”Twitch”.Hit composer for others, Nova also had his chance as solo artist, and “Twitch”, originally released in 1985, is one of the greatest American AOR albums from the ’80s.Many people may say that Aldo’s first release was his best… but in our opinion this 3rd solo effort “Twitch” is the definitive Nova, and one of the best representative albums from the genre.Sure, the sharp guitar of Aldo’s previous releases – both superb albums in its own right – are not upfront here in favor to swirling keys and very ’80s synths. Yeah, it may be not so rocking as its predecessors, but man, this is ’80s AOR perfection.“Twitch” took two years for Nova to make, but the longer time in the studio paid off with perhaps his strongest set of songs he’s ever made, polished to the extreme and with a top notch production.The soaring melodic rocker “Tonite (Lift Me Up)” – co-penned with another ’80s songwriter guru, Tom DeLuca – is one of the better cuts. A midtempo magic with pulsing keyboard changes, fuzzy guitar power chords, a hooky chorus and a memorable guitar solo.“Rumours of You” and “Surrender Your Heart” features Fiona Flanagan providing her velvety vocals with Aldo, then the album brings back the edgier element of earlier albums with the rocker “If Looks Could Kill”.But then “Heartless” appears.. oh man, this is pure keyboard driven ’80s AOR at its maximum expression. The track has another awesome chorus that could easily pass for an Eighties movie theme. The sweet melody of “Long Hot Summer” should have been a Summer hit if properly promoted, lovely tune.Now here it comes another winner in “Fallen Angel”, which recreates the energy of Nova’s first two albums mixing a punchy, faster harder pace of Nova’s earlier work with an ethereal melodic soundscape of keyboards, making it one of the best songs of his career. The keyboard tones on this one bounce similar to the way they did on Bon Jovi’s ‘Runaway’. However, it’s the drums and vocals that a highlighted throughout… Such pure talent!“Stay” is another good ballad that follows, but soon Nova rocks again with “Lay Your Love on Me”, drenched in some of the heaviest riffs on the album while on backing vocals we heard Michael Bolton. The song brings to mind Bolton’s album from the era, a staple in 80s AORThe frantic instrumental “Twitch” close the record and perfectly illustrates Nova’s production wizardry with some good guitar riffs towards the end.“Twitch” perfectly represents what ’80s AOR is all about. It was out of print for many years, and it was time for a proper remastered reissue. This AOR little masterpiece has been hiding in the shadows far too long. It’s about time that someone gave it a spin.

Line Up:

Aldo Nova – guitar, vocals, synths, keyboards
Lennie Petze – guitar, castanets
Paul Kayen – guitar
Neil Jason – bass
Allan Schwartzberg – drums
Billy Carmassi – drums
Anton Fig – drums, keyboards
Robbie Kilgore – synthesizer
Dave Lebolt – synthesizer, keyboards
Michael Rudetsky – keyboards, programming, Fairlight
Dwight Druick – vocals, vocal coordinator
Michael Bolton – background vocals
Angela Clemmons – background vocals
Peppi Castro – background vocals
Bob Christianson – background vocals
Fiona Flanagan – background vocals

Tracklist:

01. Tonite (Lift Me Up)
02. Rumors Of You
03. Surrender Your Heart
04. If Looks Could Kill
05. Heartless
06. Long Hot Summer
07. Fallen Angel
08. Stay
09. Lay Your Love On Me
10. Twitch

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Sep 2021, 07:42

Aldo Nova - 2.0 (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Size : 75 mb

Bio:

Album:

On October 19, influential Canadian guitarist, vocalist, keyboardist, songwriter and producer ALDO NOVA will release his first new album release in over three decades. Titled "2.0", it's a collection of supercharged reinventions of six classic songs off his self-titled smash debut, plus one new original, 'I'm A Survivor', initially written for Foreigner singer Lou Gramm.A Montreal native, Nova was approached by a 15-year-old Celine Dion to producer her first album, and later Aldo released "Blood On The Bricks" on Jon Bon Jovi's Jambco label in 1991. It stood as the culmination of a long-running friendship and, as any knowledgeable rock fan might argue, a thank-you note of sorts: the rock superstar lifting up the personal hero whose sound provided the blueprint for his own hits.Nova provided guitar, keys and background vocals for the demo of Bon Jovi's first hit, 'Runaway', and ended up playing with an assemblage of session musicians throughout Bon Jovi's 1984 self-titled debut. Nova's imprint is also all over Jon Bon Jovi's debut solo album, 'Blaze Of Glory' — especially the chart-topping title track, on which Nova's writing and producing went uncredited but were absolutely essential.All over his career, Nova to shape the sound and style for countless diverse artists, from Lita Ford early work (recently featured here), Clay Aiken (he co-wrote his hit 'This Is the Night') or killer melodic rockers Saints And Sinners, to the mentioned Celine Dion.In 1997, Nova won a Grammy for Dion's blockbuster album 'Falling Into You'.The idea for "2.0" was set in motion in late 2016. "When I turned 60, I told myself I was going to turn the page," Nova says. "I realized I had to shut the book and write a completely new book." He wanted to celebrate his debut's 35th anniversary in some fashion, but rather than simply remaster and reissue his solo album, he thought to "bring the songs into the 21 century."And "2.0" is a re-working of these '80s composed songs, with a modern, updated sound but still retaining its essence.I can't help, but I am a sucker for songs such as 'Fantasy 2.0', 'Heart to Heart 2.0', or 'Can’t Stop Lovin’ You 2.0', all guitar / synth driven marvelous tunes with that unique Eighties feel.Additionally, the previously unreleased synth-heavy 'I’m a Survivor' is a winner for me.

Line Up:

Aldo Nova - all vocals, instruments

Tracklist:

01. Fantasy 2.0
02. Ball and Chain 2.0
03. Heart to Heart 2.0
04. It’s Too Late 2.0
05. Can’t Stop Lovin’ You 2.0
06. Foolin’ Yourself 2.0
07. I’m a Survivor

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Apr 2022, 08:36

Aldo Nova - The Life And Times Of Eddie Gage (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 112 mb

Bio:

Aldo Nova (born Aldo Caporuscio on November 13, 1956 in Montreal, Quebec) is a Canadian guitarist, keyboardist, vocalist and producer. Nova initially gained fame with his self-titled debut album Aldo Nova in 1982 and its accompanying single, "Fantasy," which climbed to Number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100.Signing with Portrait Records, Nova released a self-produced album Aldo Nova in 1982 that had two singles: "Fantasy" and "Foolin' Yourself". His second album Subject...Aldo Nova from 1983 had two singles: "Monkey on Your Back" and "Always Be Mine". His third album Twitch from 1985 had two singles: "Rumours Of You" and "Tonite (Lift Me Up)". In addition, he produced some early Celine Dion albums. He co-wrote the hit song, "A New Day Has Come" for Dion and has been featured playing guitar, synthesizer, and percussion on her records. He also wrote her songs "Your Light" and "I Can't Fight The Feelin'". He co-wrote the Blue Öyster Cult song "Take Me Away" and helped write and produce parts of Chantal Condor's 1989 album Chantal. In 1990, Aldo Nova wrote the main guitar riff that would be used in the Jon Bon Jovi song "Blaze Of Glory". In 1991, to return the favour, Bon Jovi worked with Nova on his Jambco Records (Jon Bon Jovi's label) release Blood On The Bricks. It had three singles: "Blood On The Bricks", "Medicine Man", and "Someday".As a songwriter, Nova's recent hits include Clay Aiken's "This Is The Night" (co-written with Chris Braide and Gary Burr), which in the US was a number one hit and the best selling single of 2003

Album:

Multi-platinum Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, producer, guitarist, multi-instrumentalist and ’80s AOR hero ALDO NOVA has set April 1 as the release date for the first chapter of his larger-than-life rock opera, a 10-song first album titled “The Life And Times Of Eddie Gage“.The iconic Montreal maverick — who has spent more than four decades in music with dozens of classic songs and hundreds of shows — is proud to present the first part of “The Life And Times Of Eddie Gage”, perhaps his more complex piece of work to date.It tells the story of Eddie Gage, a prodigious ingénue who breaks into the music industry only to be preyed upon by a nefarious suit Andy Christos, manipulated by a corporate overlord M.F. Stophalis, and tempted by a succubus Rati Ayida. Drugs, alcohol, and excess plunge him into despair until he realizes redemption on his own terms.Musically the album is a mix of high-energy rockers packed with Aldo’s passionate vocals and thunderous guitar work with melodic atmospheric slow numbers. The album is a showcase as well to appreciate how good rock guitar player Nova is.The musical journey of “The Life And Times Of Eddie Gage” began in 2008, when Aldo started to assemble what would become 25 songs (which Aldo will eventually release). Throughout the work, Aldo distills his often-unbelievable musical journey into the allegory of the rock opera, which he wrote, produced, arranged, engineered, and mixed entirely.The recording includes a 40-piece orchestra, a full gospel choir, Lee Levin on drums, and mastering from the legendary Bob Ludwig.While seems there will be a double album of “The Life And Times Of Eddie Gage” in the future expanding the story, this current version works greatly. Every song is different, written around every character. One thing that is in common is Aldo’s playing and his music, which draw in emotion.A strong piece of work from this talented Canadian.

Line Up:

Aldo Nova: vocals, lead and rhythm guitars, bass guitar, keyboards, synthesizers

Tracklist:

01. Hey Ladi Dadi
02. Free Your Mind
03. Follow the Road
04. King of Deceit
05. The Bitch in Black
06. On The Way To The Psycho Ward
07. When All is Said and Done
08. Say a Little Prayer
09. Burn Like the Sun
10. Les Anges

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Apr 2022, 06:15

Aldo Nova - 2.0 Reloaded (2CD) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Size : 178 mb

Bio:

Album:

Canadian singer, songwriter, producer, guitarist, and multi-instrumentalist ALDO NOVA is really busy this year. Few weeks ago Nova put out the first chapter of his larger-than-life rock opera, a 10-song EP titled “The Life and Times of Eddie Gage”.Now Nova is ready to release next Friday “2.0 Reloaded” including turbocharged versions of some of his biggest songs which include ‘Blood On The Bricks’, ‘Monkey On Your Back’, ‘Under the Gun’, ‘Foolin’ Yourself’, ‘Ball and Chain’, ‘Paradise’, ‘Fantasy’ – and a new song called ‘I’m A Survivor’.Aldo Nova arrived on the scene in the early ’80s and lit the rock world on fire with his timeless rock classic “Fantasy”. Other hit singles would follow but he quickly began to bow out of the rock game, becoming frustrated by the business and the market that was quickly shifting, first to glam metal then to grunge.He would later find success as a songwriter working closely with Céline Dion and writing hits like “A New Day Has Come,” “Your Light,” “I Can’t Fight the Feeling” and “You and I.” He even won a Grammy Award in the category of “Album of the Year” for co-writing and producing three songs from her diamond-selling album Falling Into You.His songwriting would extend to help artists like Faith Hill, Carole King, Clay Aiken and Blue Öyster Cult release hit records.Now after an almost fifteen-year hiatus Aldo Nova is back with an incredibly prolific output of material. It begins with the release of ‘The Life and Times of Eddie Gage’, a rock opera that tells the story of a prodigious ingénue who breaks into the music industry, skyrockets to fame and soon faces personal failures and ultimately, redemption. He began building it in 2008.Many years later the final production includes a 40-piece orchestra and a full gospel choir. It’s a magnificent return and a reflection of how broad and striking his musical talents have always been.He follows this up with ”Aldo Nova 2.0 Reloaded”. It features versions of nine classic Aldo Nova songs, and includes another disc with no lead vocal so fans can sing along.This throwback to the “Music Minus One” series offers fans the opportunity to find their own “voices” within Aldo’s best known songs, and maybe develop talents they didn’t even know they had.We really like these new, updated versions. All are more rocking, punchier that the originals, updated to modern times. The originals still are the best, of course, however it’s cool to hear these ’80s penned songs with 2022 Nova’s vision & production.

Line Up:

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Blood on the Bricks 2.0
02. Monkey on Your Back 2.0
03. Under the Gun-War Suite 2.0
04. Foolin’ Yourself 2.0
05. Ball and Chain 2.0
06. Paradise 2.0
07. Modern World 2.0
08. Fantasy 2.0
09. I’m a Survivor (New Track)

CD2:

01. Blood on the Bricks 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)
02. Monkey on Your Back 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)
03. Under the Gun-War Suite 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)
04. Foolin’ Yourself 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)
05. Ball and Chain 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)
06. Modern World 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)
07. Fantasy 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)
08. I’m a Survivor 2.0 (No Lead Vocal)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných