Skid Row (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Skid Row (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Jún 2015, 16:35

Skid Row - Slave To The Grind (Japan Limited Remastered SHM-CD Edition) (2009)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2009 (Japan Edition)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 116 mb

Bio:

SKID ROW — Johnny Solinger (vocals), Scotti Hill (guitar), Rachel Bolan (bass), Dave "Snake" Sabo (guitar) and Rob Hammersmith (drums) — will release its new seven-song EP, "Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two", on August 5 via Megaforce Records.After a hiatus that started in 1996, SKID ROW returned to the big stage — literally — opening for KISS in 2000. Exhilarated to tour with the heroes who rallied them in the first place, the band was reinvigorated by being underdogs who needed to come out fighting to prove themselves."When we put the band back together, we needed to reintroduce SKID ROW as relevant without relying too much on past success," explains SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan. "We wrote songs and hit the road. We sunk our heart and soul into it, letting people know we weren't doing it for lack of something better to do."2003's "Thickskin" and 2006's "Revolutions Per Minute" were battle plans for hundreds of live shows with new singer Johnny Solinger out front, every night being a hard fought battle to win new fans and convince the old ones. "United World Rebellion - Part 2" is SKID ROW coming out swinging. Rachel and Sabo tapped again into the potent songwriting collaboration that built the band. Sabo says they were eagerly up to the challenge. "We seem to be at our best when we're faced with adversity. It's us against the world again — and by us I mean the band and the fans who stick with us and carry the SKID ROW torch without fail."New plans came together in an Atlanta recording studio. But it's a different time, a different industry, so they decided to record a series of EPs. "The idea really appealed to me," says Bolan, "especially with the constantly changing musical climate. I like the idea of a steady flow of new music, as opposed to releasing a full-length album then riding it for the next two years."That guerrilla burst of recording a concise EP fostered a focused intensity that was liberating, says Snake. "The pressure seemed to be lifted. That immediately set me at ease and it became really exciting."Exciting and potent, prompting Solinger to exert the full range of his ability. "The third time in the studio as the voice of SKID ROW was the proverbial charm, and the proof is in the tracks. 'United World Rebellion - Part 2' is the most meaningful work I've done with the band. It's definitely the most I've been challenged, vocally.""Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two" will also contain covers of QUEEN and AEROSMITH classics as bonus tracks. Asked why they chose these tracks to cover, SKID ROW said: "These songs fit seamlessly into the subject matter of 'United World Rebellion: Chapter Two'. They both have that 'get up and fight' attitude."These songs were from our youth that meant a lot, and as far as we know, no one has covered them, and more important, the songs are still exciting and fit perfectly with the attitude of all other songs on the album."

Album:

Hard to find Limited Release of SKID ROW's killer classic "Slave To The Grind"."Slave To The Grind" marked the band's move towards the heavier sound of their origins.Indeed Skid Row get harder and heavier on most the songs, matching singer Sebastian Bach's gritty, streetwise rants to lean, driving riffs that manage to back up all the attitudinal posturing.Largely missing are the bits of hair metal that filled out Skid Row's self-titled debut; in their place lyrics were more complex, criticizing modern ways of life, authority, politic corruption, drugs and organized religion, with Bach affecting a tough, threatening persona most of the time.The furious riffage kicked up behind Bach is as threatening as his monster vocal delivery, with Rachel Bolan and Rob Affuso pounding on the bass / rhythm section, and Scotti Hill and Dave "Snake" Sabo (a really talented & underrated guitarist) wail the guitar parts."Monkey Business", "Get The Fuck Out", "The Threat", and the thrashy title track crush most anything on the debut, and the awesome power ballads like "Quicksand Jesus" and "Wasted Time" are far less generic than their Skid Row counterparts."Psycho Love" is filled with terrific guitar phrasing, on the catchy "Livin' On A Chain Gang" Bach proves why he is one of the best Rock singers of all time, while "Riot Act" kicks you in the face with its power.And there's my favorite Skid Row songs ever; "In A Darkened Room", combining a sweet main melody with a sustained guitar work.Many observers were surprised when "Slave To The Grind" became the first metal album in the US to debut at number 1 on the Billboard charts, but there was a simple reason: it really is one of the best - and heaviest - examples of mainstream hard rock / metal in the genre's MTV heyday.This album is absolute gold, showcasing Skid Row at their peak, all songs are terrific and production first rate.The remaster on this Japanese SHM-CD is fantastic, and you have 4 juicy bonus tracks: "Beggar's Day" (original Japanese Bonus Track, which as well replaced "Get the Fuck Out" on the 'Clean Version' of the album), plus 3 tracks exclusive to this Limited Release, sadly, now out of print.

Line Up:

Sebastian Bach – lead vocals
Rachel Bolan – bass, backing vocals
Scotti Hill – guitars, backing vocals
Dave "The Snake" Sabo – guitars, backing vocals
Rob Affuso – drums and percussion

Tracklist:

01. Monkey Business
02. Slave To The Grind
03. The Threat
04. Quicksand Jesus
05. Psycho Love
06. Get The Fuck Out
07. Livin' On A Chain Gang
08. Creepshow
09. In A Darkened Room
10. Riot Act
11. Mudkicker
12. Wasted Time
13. Beggar's Day (original Japanese bonus track)
14. Holidays In The Sun (new Japanese bonus track)
15. Get The Fuck Out [Live 91] (new Japanese bonus track)
16. Delivering The Goods [Live 92] (new Japanese bonus track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Skid Row (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Máj 2016, 10:10

Skid Row - Skid Row (1989) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2009)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2009)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video

Info:

SKID ROW — Johnny Solinger (vocals), Scotti Hill (guitar), Rachel Bolan (bass), Dave "Snake" Sabo (guitar) and Rob Hammersmith (drums) — will release its new seven-song EP, "Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two", on August 5 via Megaforce Records.After a hiatus that started in 1996, SKID ROW returned to the big stage — literally — opening for KISS in 2000. Exhilarated to tour with the heroes who rallied them in the first place, the band was reinvigorated by being underdogs who needed to come out fighting to prove themselves."When we put the band back together, we needed to reintroduce SKID ROW as relevant without relying too much on past success," explains SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan. "We wrote songs and hit the road. We sunk our heart and soul into it, letting people know we weren't doing it for lack of something better to do."2003's "Thickskin" and 2006's "Revolutions Per Minute" were battle plans for hundreds of live shows with new singer Johnny Solinger out front, every night being a hard fought battle to win new fans and convince the old ones. "United World Rebellion - Part 2" is SKID ROW coming out swinging. Rachel and Sabo tapped again into the potent songwriting collaboration that built the band. Sabo says they were eagerly up to the challenge. "We seem to be at our best when we're faced with adversity. It's us against the world again — and by us I mean the band and the fans who stick with us and carry the SKID ROW torch without fail."New plans came together in an Atlanta recording studio. But it's a different time, a different industry, so they decided to record a series of EPs. "The idea really appealed to me," says Bolan, "especially with the constantly changing musical climate. I like the idea of a steady flow of new music, as opposed to releasing a full-length album then riding it for the next two years."That guerrilla burst of recording a concise EP fostered a focused intensity that was liberating, says Snake. "The pressure seemed to be lifted. That immediately set me at ease and it became really exciting."Exciting and potent, prompting Solinger to exert the full range of his ability. "The third time in the studio as the voice of SKID ROW was the proverbial charm, and the proof is in the tracks. 'United World Rebellion - Part 2' is the most meaningful work I've done with the band. It's definitely the most I've been challenged, vocally.""Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two" will also contain covers of QUEEN and AEROSMITH classics as bonus tracks. Asked why they chose these tracks to cover, SKID ROW said: "These songs fit seamlessly into the subject matter of 'United World Rebellion: Chapter Two'. They both have that 'get up and fight' attitude."These songs were from our youth that meant a lot, and as far as we know, no one has covered them, and more important, the songs are still exciting and fit perfectly with the attitude of all other songs on the album."

Album:

Self-titled debut from SKID ROW in Japanese Edition on high quality SHM-CD, remastered, featuring 4 bonus tracks and in a Cardboard Sleeve / mini LP replica of the original album art.Sadly, this was a strictly Limited Release, now out of print and reaching impressive prices at eBay."Skid Row" is probably one of the best US melodic hard rock / hair metal CD's ever.Make no mistake. This album rocks aloud with screaming guitar licks and powerful vocals from frontman Sebastian Bach. The album contains all killer/no filler hard rocking tracks that have a borderline metal feel particularly from some of the guitar solos by Dave "The Snake" Sabo & Scotti Hill.But the band packed all with a terrific sense for awesome melodies, and quite interesting lyrics too.“18 and Life” was the perfect song to define the band. Angry and a little rough around the edges, but with crisp guitars and drums set off by one of the best voices in the scene. It had one of those videos that made you sit and watch it all the way through because it had a sincerity that made it seem honest rather than preachy.But then songs like, “Here I Am,” which was just this cheeky little number that seemed so simple but was so damn catchy, would be such a direct contrast. It kept a good balance between hot-headed self-righteousness and just fun hair metal rush.“I Remember You” has the honor of being one of the stronger power ballads ever written. Mostly because it’s not really a ballad. The guitar solos never veer into overblown, masturbatory territory and Bach’s vocals are just… there are no words. I once attempted the really long “You” note around 4:33 into the song and almost passed out.The glory that is “Youth Gone Wild” represents the perfect anthem for disgruntled folks, or, you know, just going through puberty. I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t involuntarily yell 'Skid Row' listening to this assassin song.This Japanese remaster of "Skid Row" on SHM-CD delivers an impressive sound. The guitars wail, the rhythm section come punchier than never before and you feel the sensation to have Sebastian Bach shouting in your living room.The bonus tracks are recordings taken in a show at the Marquee in 1989 showcasing how aggressive, hot & crunchy Skid Row sounded live at their beginnings. Without a doubt a worthwhile material.If you find a copy at a reasonable price, buy it with eyes closed.

Line Up:

Dave "The Snake" Sabo – lead and rhythm guitars, backing vocals
Scotti Hill – lead and rhythm guitars, backing vocals
Rob Affuso – drums, percussion

Produced, engineered & mixed by Michael Wagener

Tracklist:

01. Big Guns
02. Sweet Little Sister
03. Can't Stand The Heartache
04. Piece Of Me
05. 18 and Life
06. Rattlesnake Shake
07. Youth Gone Wild
08. Here I Am
09. Makin' A Mess
10. I Remember You
11. Midnight/Tornado
12. Makin' A Mess (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)
13. Big Guns (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)
14. Here I Am (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)
15. Youth Gone Wild (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "18 And Life" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Jún 2019, 09:09

Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute (2006)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2006

Bio:

Album:

Revolutions per Minute is the fifth studio album by American heavy metal band Skid Row, released on October 24, 2006. It is the band's only release with drummer Dave Gara.Michael Wagener temporarily reunited with Skid Row and produced the album. It had been 15 years since he co-produced the band's second album Slave to the Grind in 1991. The album received negative reviews and only charted in Japan at number 266."Shut Up Baby, I Love You" was released as a promo single and "Strength" is a cover song originally performed by The Alarm. The album received mixed reviews, apparently contradictory. Rock Hard reviewer appreciated the "twelve strong and sometimes punk-tinged hard rockers" in the album and wrote that Skid Row were still capable of producing "ingenious catchy tunes".Marcus Pan of Legends Magazine enjoyed the album and wrote that Skid Row "sound very similar to how they did fifteen years ago", with Solinger a capable singer, who "can hold his own against Bach".Greg Prato of AllMusic had the same impression and wrote that the album offers the "same angry-yet-melodic riff rockers that you long ago came to expect from the group, while Solinger's singing style isn't that far removed from Bach's", concluding that this is "just what you'd expect from Skid Row - for better or for worse." On the contrary, Chad Bowar writing for About.com considered Revolution per Minute "a really diverse album", full of "really catchy songs, good musicianship and showcasing many different facets of Skid Row", with influences ranging from punk, to country, to new wave. Sputnikmusic reviewer found Revolutions per Minute "more appealing" than the "bland poke at modern alternative rock" that were Subhuman Race and Thickskin, but lamented "a massive lack of cohesion" in blending "elements of classic punk, post-punk, country and goth" which "come at the expense of the soaring melodies and break-neck dynamics that made Bach’s Skid Row such an exciting listen." Kaj Roth of Melodic.net considered Revolutions per Minute "even worse" than Thickskin, their weakest album, and the music "a worthless cargo of nonsense hard rock."

Line Up:

Johnny Solinger – lead vocals
Scotti Hill – guitars, backing vocals
Dave Sabo – guitars, backing vocals
Rachel Bolan – bass guitar, backing vocals, co-lead vocals on track 2, cover design
Dave Gara – drums, backing vocals

Additional musicians:

Rachel Hagen - additional vocals on track 2
"Jelly Roll" Johnson - harmonica on track 12

Production:

Michael Wagener - producer, engineer, mixing
Eric Conn - mastering at Independent Mastering, Nashville

Tracklist:

01. Disease 3:33
02. Another Dick In The System 3:17
03. Pulling My Heart Out From Under Me 3:29
04. When God Can't Wait 2:15
05. Shut Up Baby, I Love You 3:17
06. Strength 5:07
07. White Trash 2:54
08. You Lie 2:44
09. Nothing 3:29
10. Love Is Dead 3:38
11. Let It Ride 4:03
12. You Lie (com fed mix) 2:43 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Mar 2020, 18:36

Skid Row - Skid Row (1989) (2CD) (30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition 2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition 2019)
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video

Bio:

Album:

30 years ago today, New Jersey rockers SKID ROW released their self-titled album, kicking off a major-label career that would take them twice into the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and to the very top of the Billboard 200. In celebration, Rhino / Atlantic has released "Skid Row [30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]", a remastered / expanded edition of this killer album.In addition to such hit singles as “18 and Life,” “I Remember You,” and “Youth Gone Wild,” the 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition also includes a previously unreleased live performance from 1989.Of course, the band's first album "Skid Row" is essential in your collection and in this remastered form, however "Skid Row [30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]" is remarkable for the the addition of 'Live at the Marquee, Westminster, California (April 28, 1989)', as there’s never been a full concert officially released by the band.Four of these live tracks only surfaced before as bonus tracks on the Japanese 'Skid Row [SHM-CD Limited Release remastered +4]' release (featured HERE), which remaster job is different.The show includes powerful live versions of the classic hits from the album as well as fan-favorites such as "Rattlesnake Shake", "Piece Of Me" and "Big Guns", as well as the set-closing cover of the KISS classic "Cold Gin".

Line Up:

Produced, engineered & mixed by Michael Wagener

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Big Guns (Remastered)
02. Sweet Little Sister (Remastered)
03. Can't Stand the Heartache (Remastered)
04. Piece of Me (Remastered)
05. 18 and Life (Remastered)
06. Rattlesnake Shake (Remastered)
07. Youth Gone Wild (Remastered)
08. Here I Am (Remastered)
09. Makin' a Mess (Remastered)
10. I Remember You (Remastered)
11. Midnight / Tornado (Remastered)
12. Forever (Remastered) (Bonus Track)

CD2: Live at the Marquee, California (April 28, 1989) - Previously Unreleased

01. Makin' A Mess
02. Piece Of Me
03. Big Guns
04. 18 And Life
05. Sweet Little Sister
06. Rattlesnake Shake
07. I Remember You
08. Here I Am
09. Youth Gone Wild
10. Cold Gin

+ Video "18 And Life" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Nov 2020, 08:14

Skid Row - Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two (EP) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

Rise Of The Damnation Army – United World Rebellion: Chapter Two was released on August 5, 2014 by Megaforce, and sold 1,300 copies in the US in its first week. "We Are the Damned" was released as a single and features a music video.This album is short but sweet. 7 songs total, including 2 cover songs from Aerosmith and Queen. The best song is the title track (Damnation Army), I cannot get tired of hearing this song! It rocks, hard! major head banger! (if you do that). The other songs are good too, one slower song was my least favorite . This album has made me a fan of the new "Skid Row" ,(with the guy who replaced Bach as vocalist). actually not so new anymore. I did see this band live last year at Mcgraws in Manhattan Kansas. Hope they come back again this year.

Line Up:

Rob Hammersmith : Drums [since 2010]
Dave "The Snake" Sabo : Guitar
Johnny Solinger : Vocals [since 1999]
Scotti Hill : Guitar [since 1987]
Rachel Bolan : Bass

Past members:

Dave Gara : Drums [2004-2010]
Tim DiDuro : Drums
Steve Brotherton : Guitar
Sebastian Bach : Vocals [1987-1996], Sebastian Bach
Kurtis Jackson : Guitar
Charlie Mills : Drums
Phil Varone : Drums [1999-2004]
Matt Fallon : Vocals
Keri Kelli : Guitar
Rob Affuso : Drums [1987-1996]

Tracklist:

01. We Are The Damned
02. Give It The Gun
03. Catch Your Fall
04. Damnation Army
05. Zero Day
06. Sheer Heart Attack (QUEEN cover) (Bonus Track)
07. Rats In The Cellar (AEROSMITH cover) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Jún 2022, 16:00

Skid Row - The Best Of Skid Row (Japan Edition) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014 (Japan Bootleg Edition)
Size : 102 mb

Bio:

Album:

Great bootleg collection of hits.

Line Up:

Tracklist:

01. Sweet Little Sister
02. 18 And Life
03. Piece Of Me
04. Youth Gone Wild
05. Psycho Therapy
06. C'mon And Love Me
07. When God Can't Wait
08. Shut Up Baby, I Love You
09. Slave To The Grind
10. Riot Act
11. Wasted Time
12. Beggar's Day
13. Bonehead

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Jún 2022, 16:11

Skid Row - The Atlantic Years 1989-1996 (5CD) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Sleaze Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 450 mb

Bio:

Album:

For the 1st time ever, all SKID ROW classic albums with Atlantic Records will be released together into a 5xCD / 7xLP box set, including the multi-million selling worldwide charting first three studio albums plus the B-Side Ourselves EP, and ‘Subhuman Beings on Tour!!’ EP previously only available on CD in Japan. It is now being made available globally and on vinyl for the first time ever. All newly remastered.”SKID ROW – The Atlantic Years (1989-1996)” box set marks the first time that all of these important and definitive releases will be available in one limited edition collection. This release only will be available on physical format.The box set highlights the band’s global domination and documents the glory days of the hard rock scene.Skid Row were one of the most successful acts of the era. Their self-titled debut, released in 1989, achieved five times platinum certification in the U.S., along with platinum status in Australia, triple platinum status in Canada, and it also went gold in the UK.The followup, 1991’s Slave To Grind, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, the first Metal album in history to achieve that goal. It went double platinum certification in the U.S. and platinum in Canada, while rising to gold status in Australia.Over time, the band enjoyed a string of Top 10 singles, including the power ballads “18 & Life” and “I Remember You” from the self-titled release, while “Monkey Business,” and “Wasted Time” from Slave to the Grind also achieved radio success.Regarding the remastering job, all albums resulted clean and clear, punchy. We weren’t completely satisfied with the recent deluxe edition remaster of self-titled SKID ROW, and this new one is more dynamic.The one that needed a remaster was B-SIDE OURSELVES, now fuller, with bite. Also SUBHUMAN BEINGS ON TOUR!! is really welcomed, now available on physical format outside Japan.This brand new box set is an instant “must-own” for both die-hard fans and collectors.

Line Up:

Tracklist:

CD1 : SKID ROW

01. Big Guns
02. Sweet Little Sister
03. Can’t Stand the Heartache
04. Piece of Me
05. 18 and Life
06. Rattlesnake Shake
07. Youth Gone Wild
08. Here I Am
09. Makin’ a Mess
10. I Remember You
11. Midnight / Tornado

CD2 : SLAVE TO THE GRIND

01. Monkey Business
02. Slave to the Grind
03. The Threat
04. Quicksand Jesus
05. Psycho Love
06. Get the Fuck Out
07. Livin’ on a Chain Gang
08. Creepshow
09. In a Darkened Room
10. Riot Act
11. Mudkicker
12. Wasted Time

CD3 : SUBHUMAN RACE

01. My Enemy
02. Firesign
03. Bonehead
04. Beat Yourself Blind
05. Eileen
06. Remains to Be Seen
07. Subhuman Race
08. Frozen
09. Into Another
10. Face Against My Soul
11. Medicine Jar
12. Breakin’ Down
13. Iron Will

CD4 : SUBHUMAN BEINGS ON TOUR!!

01. Slave to the Grind (Live in London)
02. Delivering the Goods (Live)
03. Beat Yourself Blind (Live in London)
04. Psycho Therapy (Live in London)
05. Riot Act (Live in London)
06. Monkey Business (Live in London)

CD5 : B-SIDE OURSELVES

01. Psycho Therapy
02. C’mon and Love Me
03. Delivering the Goods
04. What You’re Doing
05. Little Wing

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Jún 2022, 16:21

Skid Row - United World Rebellion - Chapter One (EP) (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Size : 49 mb

Bio:

Album:

United World Rebellion is a trilogy of two extended plays and one upcoming studio album from the American heavy metal band Skid Row.The first and second chapters were released on April 16, 2013 and August 5, 2014 by Megaforce Records and were Skid Row's final recordings with singer Johnny Solinger. The final chapter to complete the trilogy was scheduled for 2015 but pushed back to 2016 due to Solinger's departure and pushed back again due to Tony Harnell's sudden departure. The third installment was originally planned to feature ex-DragonForce lead singer ZP Theart, but he was replaced by Erik Grönwall.United World Rebellion: Chapter One was released on April 16, 2013 and is the band's first EP since 1995, and the first in a set of upcoming EPs over the next 12–18 months.The recording was released by Megaforce Records and sold 1,500 copies in its first week in the US. "Kings of Demolition" was released as a single and features a music video. "This Is Killing Me" was released as the second single and also features a music video.

Line Up:

Johnny Solinger – lead vocals
Dave Sabo – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Scotti Hill – lead guitar, backing vocals
Rob Hammersmith – drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Kings Of Demolition 04:10
02. Let's Go 02:54
03. This Is Killing Me 04:55
04. Get Up 04:56
05. Stiches 03:42

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Sep 2022, 09:55

Skid Row - The Gang's All Here (Digipak Edition) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Size : 113 mb

Bio:

Album:

Titled ”The Gang’s All Here”, the upcoming album from the iconic ’80s hard rock band SKID ROW is the long-awaited follow-up to 2006’s Revolutions Per Minute, scheduled to be released next October 14, 2022.”The Gang’s All Here” marks the debut of new singer, former H.E.A.T Erik Grönwall (one of the best frontmen of this or any hard rock era), and with the sharp production by Grammy Award winning Nick Raskulinecz, Skid Row are ablaze. They are re-energized, delivering their best songwriting since the early Nineties, with that classic feel yet kicking their sound way up to modern hard rock royalty.After the first listen of ”The Gang’s All Here” we can say with confidence that Skid Row… are back! Back to the big riffs, catchy choruses, huge vocals and melodies galore. This 10-tracker is a KILLER.The story of Skid Row getting one of the greatest singers currently in rock worth to mention. The story of Grönwall’s career and how it came full circle with him joining this band, it’s the sort of story that seems like it was written for a movie.While working at a karaoke bar Erik entered the Swedish Idol competition by covering “18 & Life” and eventually won that competition. He recorded a solo album before being chosen as the new singer of Swedish melodic rock legends H.E.A.T.Over the course of a decade that band would achieve greater musical heights and wider recognition, Erik recorded four studio albums with them before leaving, after finding out he had leukemia. He successfully battled the disease and it strengthened his resolve towards life.Earlier this year he collaborated with his fellow H.E.A.T bandmate and released an album under the band name New Horizon.It wasn’t long after that that Erik was asked by Skid Row’s bassist Rachel Bolan to record some vocals for a new Skid Row song – which ended up being the title track of this album. The band was impressed by Erik and eventually asked him if he wanted to join the band, performing with him for the first time earlier this year in Las Vegas when Skid Row opened for Scorpions.Just imagine for a second that you have the opportunity to sing for one of your favorite bands, you’d be crazy not to take it, right?Here he is fronting a band that he started his career covering a song by, that’s a full circle moment. He’s a fan like you, and he’s up there singing his guts out and clearly having the time of his life.You can really feel the excitement and passion this band is playing with currently, and it shows on ”The Gang’s All Here” in spades. This is the sound fans love from this band, and Skid Row 2022 is sounding the best they have since ‘Slave to the Grind’.Opener “Hell Or High Water” is the most classic Skid Row track on the record, perfect intro, peak, and staple guitar madness you come to expect from old-school Skid fans. Erik soars here and the guys all take you back to the ’80s with this burner of a tune.Killer.The title track begins with a great bass intro courtesy of Bolan, this song to me is a good fusion of early Skid Row and where they’re going sonically in the present. A monster groovy track as the twin guitars have some keen moments, the punkish-inspired choruses let loose and Erik just keeps doing what he does so well.The assault continues with “Not Dead Yet” which starts off with an almost early Guns N’ Roses riff, then drops a razor riff and a hot guitar work by Snake Sabo and Scotti Hill.“Time Bomb” goes for a slightly slowed down tempo with some awesome bass lines and drumming that Erik vocally glides over, this song grooves and positively slams despite not being as big on shredding as the first three songs are, the smooth guitar solo is a thing of beauty, the combination of technique, attitude, and melody in it is incredible.The sharp guitars in “Resurrected” come flying at you with what harkens back to the early days of Skid Row. The rhythm here is very noticeable, and the chorus is a strong one, the same goes for Rob Hammersmith’s patented Skid drumming. This tune has guitars screaming all over.Then “Nowhere fast” starts out with a riff that reminds me of the heavier side of Subhuman Race. The incendiary playing here hits hard but is injected with a great deal of melody in the chorus and Erik’s vocals really help drive that melody. A blistering solo cuts through the biting riffs, this song should be played as loud as possible.“The Lights Come On” treads a similar musical terrain as the title track, a good grooving track with a great bass line and guitars, This song will get you moving.“Tear It Down” has attitude blazing all over, with a top-notch chorus and top heavy riffage, another song that stands out with slick appeal. It punches, it grooves, it’s got great riffs, and it’s definitely a very anthemic track. This is both classic Skid Row and yet very fresh sounding, with a lot of gang vocals.“October’s song” is the most different sounding track on this album, it has a fast clean melody being played while the beautiful bass line here just sways, these melodies just dance with each other and it’s captivating, the drums perfectly setting the pace. Erik does melodic vocals insanely well and I think he really gets to flex here, this doesn’t sound like any Skid Row track I’ve ever heard but it’s haunting. The chorus goes for a heavier mid tempo pace with soaring vocals on top of it, the guitars in this song are positively fascinating to analyze with all the twists and turns they make. This is in my view the most forward thinking song on the album.“World on fire” ends the new CD with an energetic riff that would’ve fit well on either of their first two albums, it starts with a guitar line that slightly reminds me of their song “Forever” before going way heavier, aggressive and kick ass.”The Gang’s All Here” simply kills. It’s everything I hoped it would be as a fan of both Skid Row and Erik Grönwall, it pulls no punches and doesn’t cease to be impressive. Musically, it’s brilliant hard rock.The track list has everything fans love about the early records with the exception of the fact that it has no ballads, which was really a smart decision I think. Because as much as we love “In a Darkened Room” or “Wasted Time” these guys really needed to come out swinging with this one, and they hit it out of the park.The playing is jaw dropping and so is Erik’s singing all over. Skid Row are back with a vengeance and this is an album that every hard rock fan needs to own, definitely a strong contender for album of the year.

Line Up:

Erik Gronwall - Vocals (lead) (New Horizon, ex-Raid, ex-H.E.A.T)
Rachel Bolan - Bass, Vocals (backing) (Prunella Scales, ex-Genocide)
Dave "The Snake" Sabo - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (ex-Anthrax (live), ex-Bon Jovi, ex-Steel Fortune)
Scotti Hill - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (ex-Chrome Daddy)
Rob Hammersmith - Drums (American Terror, Gunfire 76, ex-Rockets to Ruin)

Tracklist:

01. Hell Or High Water
02. The Gang's All Here
03. Not Dead Yet
04. Time Bomb
05. Resurrected
06. Nowhere Fast
07. When The Lights Come On
08. Tear It Down
09. October's Song
10. World's On Fire

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Dec 2022, 10:40

Skid Row - The Gang's All Here (Japan Edition) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022 (Japan Edition)
Size : 122 mb

Bio:

Album:

Titled ”The Gang’s All Here”, the upcoming album from the iconic ’80s hard rock band SKID ROW is the long-awaited follow-up to 2006’s Revolutions Per Minute, scheduled to be released next October 14, 2022.”The Gang’s All Here” marks the debut of new singer, former H.E.A.T Erik Grönwall (one of the best frontmen of this or any hard rock era), and with the sharp production by Grammy Award winning Nick Raskulinecz, Skid Row are ablaze. They are re-energized, delivering their best songwriting since the early Nineties, with that classic feel yet kicking their sound way up to modern hard rock royalty.After the first listen of ”The Gang’s All Here” we can say with confidence that Skid Row… are back! Back to the big riffs, catchy choruses, huge vocals and melodies galore. This 10-tracker is a KILLER.The story of Skid Row getting one of the greatest singers currently in rock worth to mention. The story of Grönwall’s career and how it came full circle with him joining this band, it’s the sort of story that seems like it was written for a movie.While working at a karaoke bar Erik entered the Swedish Idol competition by covering “18 & Life” and eventually won that competition. He recorded a solo album before being chosen as the new singer of Swedish melodic rock legends H.E.A.T.Over the course of a decade that band would achieve greater musical heights and wider recognition, Erik recorded four studio albums with them before leaving, after finding out he had leukemia. He successfully battled the disease and it strengthened his resolve towards life.Earlier this year he collaborated with his fellow H.E.A.T bandmate and released an album under the band name New Horizon.It wasn’t long after that that Erik was asked by Skid Row’s bassist Rachel Bolan to record some vocals for a new Skid Row song – which ended up being the title track of this album. The band was impressed by Erik and eventually asked him if he wanted to join the band, performing with him for the first time earlier this year in Las Vegas when Skid Row opened for Scorpions.Just imagine for a second that you have the opportunity to sing for one of your favorite bands, you’d be crazy not to take it, right?Here he is fronting a band that he started his career covering a song by, that’s a full circle moment. He’s a fan like you, and he’s up there singing his guts out and clearly having the time of his life.You can really feel the excitement and passion this band is playing with currently, and it shows on ”The Gang’s All Here” in spades. This is the sound fans love from this band, and Skid Row 2022 is sounding the best they have since ‘Slave to the Grind’.Opener “Hell Or High Water” is the most classic Skid Row track on the record, perfect intro, peak, and staple guitar madness you come to expect from old-school Skid fans. Erik soars here and the guys all take you back to the ’80s with this burner of a tune.Killer.The title track begins with a great bass intro courtesy of Bolan, this song to me is a good fusion of early Skid Row and where they’re going sonically in the present. A monster groovy track as the twin guitars have some keen moments, the punkish-inspired choruses let loose and Erik just keeps doing what he does so well.The assault continues with “Not Dead Yet” which starts off with an almost early Guns N’ Roses riff, then drops a razor riff and a hot guitar work by Snake Sabo and Scotti Hill.“Time Bomb” goes for a slightly slowed down tempo with some awesome bass lines and drumming that Erik vocally glides over, this song grooves and positively slams despite not being as big on shredding as the first three songs are, the smooth guitar solo is a thing of beauty, the combination of technique, attitude, and melody in it is incredible.The sharp guitars in “Resurrected” come flying at you with what harkens back to the early days of Skid Row. The rhythm here is very noticeable, and the chorus is a strong one, the same goes for Rob Hammersmith’s patented Skid drumming. This tune has guitars screaming all over.Then “Nowhere fast” starts out with a riff that reminds me of the heavier side of Subhuman Race. The incendiary playing here hits hard but is injected with a great deal of melody in the chorus and Erik’s vocals really help drive that melody. A blistering solo cuts through the biting riffs, this song should be played as loud as possible.“The Lights Come On” treads a similar musical terrain as the title track, a good grooving track with a great bass line and guitars, This song will get you moving.“Tear It Down” has attitude blazing all over, with a top-notch chorus and top heavy riffage, another song that stands out with slick appeal. It punches, it grooves, it’s got great riffs, and it’s definitely a very anthemic track. This is both classic Skid Row and yet very fresh sounding, with a lot of gang vocals.“October’s song” is the most different sounding track on this album, it has a fast clean melody being played while the beautiful bass line here just sways, these melodies just dance with each other and it’s captivating, the drums perfectly setting the pace. Erik does melodic vocals insanely well and I think he really gets to flex here, this doesn’t sound like any Skid Row track I’ve ever heard but it’s haunting. The chorus goes for a heavier mid tempo pace with soaring vocals on top of it, the guitars in this song are positively fascinating to analyze with all the twists and turns they make. This is in my view the most forward thinking song on the album.“World on fire” ends the new CD with an energetic riff that would’ve fit well on either of their first two albums, it starts with a guitar line that slightly reminds me of their song “Forever” before going way heavier, aggressive and kick ass.”The Gang’s All Here” simply kills. It’s everything I hoped it would be as a fan of both Skid Row and Erik Grönwall, it pulls no punches and doesn’t cease to be impressive. Musically, it’s brilliant hard rock.The track list has everything fans love about the early records with the exception of the fact that it has no ballads, which was really a smart decision I think. Because as much as we love “In a Darkened Room” or “Wasted Time” these guys really needed to come out swinging with this one, and they hit it out of the park.The playing is jaw dropping and so is Erik’s singing all over. Skid Row are back with a vengeance and this is an album that every hard rock fan needs to own, definitely a strong contender for album of the year.

Line Up:

Erik Gronwall - Vocals (lead) (New Horizon, ex-Raid, ex-H.E.A.T)
Rachel Bolan - Bass, Vocals (backing) (Prunella Scales, ex-Genocide)
Dave "The Snake" Sabo - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (ex-Anthrax (live), ex-Bon Jovi, ex-Steel Fortune)
Scotti Hill - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (ex-Chrome Daddy)
Rob Hammersmith - Drums (American Terror, Gunfire 76, ex-Rockets to Ruin)

Tracklist:

01. Hell Or High Water
02. The Gang's All Here
03. Not Dead Yet
04. Time Bomb
05. Resurrected
06. Nowhere Fast
07. When The Lights Come On
08. Tear It Down
09. October's Song
10. World's On Fire
11. Tear It Down (Clean Version) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných