Dan McCafferty (SCOTLAND)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Dan McCafferty (SCOTLAND)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Feb 2024, 06:39

Dan McCafferty - No Turning Back (Digipak Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 94 mb

Bio:

William Daniel McCafferty (14 October 1946 – 8 November 2022) was a Scottish vocalist and songwriter best known as the lead singer for the Scottish hard rock band Nazareth from its founding in 1968 to his retirement from touring with the band in 2013.Under the influence of artists such as Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry and Otis Redding, he became one of the founding members of Nazareth in 1968.He appeared on all of Nazareth's albums up to 2014 and toured with them for 45 years.He co-wrote some of the big Nazareth hits, including "Broken Down Angel", and "Bad Bad Boy". He released three solo albums. In September 1975, his first solo single, a cover of The Rolling Stones 1966 song "Out of Time" peaked at number 41 in the UK.On 29 August 2013, Nazareth announced McCafferty's retirement from touring with the band due to health issues.He elaborated on the specifics of the health issues and the state of his situation in an interview with the UK music magazine, Classic Rock. He stated that he had not suffered a stroke as had been reported in the press. He said that his chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) that has "worsened in recent years" had made him leave the stage in Switzerland in late August 2013 after only three songs, indicating that, "You don’t know when it's going to come on, but suddenly you can't breathe." Commenting about his most recent episode, at the Swiss festival, McCafferty maintained, "if you can't do the job you shouldn't be there — Nazareth's too big for that." McCafferty also revealed that another health problem was responsible for his onstage collapse at a concert in Canada in July 2013 – a burst stomach ulcer.He stated reflecting back on the incident, "I thought I'd be fine, but you lose so much blood when that happens." In addition McCafferty said that he expected Nazareth to continue on without him. "I really hope they get someone else," he declared. "I'm sure they will."Although McCafferty retired from performing, Nazareth fans can still hear his voice on their 2014 album Rock 'n' Roll Telephone. The singer also revealed that he could record more new music, either with Nazareth or as a solo artist. He clarified: "To go into a studio and sing isn't like doing a gig. I could always make another record, but getting up to do an hour and three-quarters, and get people to pay money to come and see me — I can't do that." McCafferty expressed his appreciation to his fans near the end of the interview by saying: "Let everyone know I appreciate they've been there for all these years".He continued to sing live around the world and record on occasion.On 21 June 2019, he released a new music video titled "Tell Me". It was from the solo album Last Testament, released on 18 October 2019,McCafferty's first solo album since 1987's Into The Ring. McCafferty continued to work occasionally until his death.McCafferty was born in Dunfermline, Fife.McCafferty was married and had two children.McCafferty suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and died on 8 November 2022, at the age of 76.Tributes were paid by rock musicians Brian Johnson and Axl Rose, both of whom mentioned him as an influence on their own singing.

Album:

In the annals of rock music, there are few singers who have such an expressive voice as DAN McCAFFERTY. As the charismatic frontman of the Scottish band NAZARETH, McCafferty has been involved in more than 25 albums, released hits such as ‘Love Hurts’, ‘Dream On’, ‘This Flight Tonight’ and ‘Morning Dew’ and toured all over the world. After a unique career of 50 years, Dan McCafferty passed away on November 8, 2022 at the age of 76. His name will be remembered, his great songs will continue to be played on countless rock radio stations around the world.Undiscovered musical treasures were kept in McCafferty’s private home archives. Some of them can now be found on the posthumous homage: ‘No Turning Back – In Memory of Dan McCafferty‘.The previously unreleased songs “Occident” and “No Turning Back” are original recordings from the late 1990s that McCafferty recorded with German director, composer and music producer Christoph Busse. The previously unreleased track ‘Children’s Eyes’ is the result of a collaboration with composer and producer Detlef Wiedeke. All three tracks show the stylistically enormous range of his rough rock voice.All these, especially the latter, have a distinctive AOR feeling, as well as the included songs from McCafferty’s 1987 hard to find solo album.With ‘Into the Ring’, ‘Starry Eyes’ and ‘Sunny Island’, three pieces from a particularly eventful career phase of the Scottish musician follow. The songs were released in 1987 on his now long out-of-print solo album “Into the Ring”. The album was created between the two Nazareth classics “Cinema” (1986) and “Snakes’n’Ladders” (1989).“In Memory of Dan McCafferty” is rounded off with “Going Home” from 1993 and from the eponymous album of the short-lived project Seasons, with original Scottish instruments. The song is based on the piece “Largo” from the 9th Symphony “From the New World” by Antonín Dvoák.There are also two recent cover versions of the Nazareth evergreens ‘Love Hurts’ and ‘Dream On’ as bonus tracks, sung by Greek singer Panos Kalifis, whose vocal colour is strikingly similar to McCafferty’s.Last but not least, the album cover features a photo of a young Dan McCafferty. “No Turning Back – In Memory of Dan McCafferty” is a musical must-have for every McCafferty / Nazareth and classic rock / hard rock / ’80s AOR fan.

Line Up:

Dan McCafferty - vocals (R.I.P. 2022) - See also: ex-Nazareth

Tracklist:

01. Children’s Eyes (previously unreleased)
02. Into the Ring
03. Starry Eyes
04. Sunny Island
05. Occident (previously unreleased)
06. No Turning Back (previously unreleased)
07. Going Home
08. Love Hurts (Nazareth cover – sung by Panos Kalifis)
09. Dream On (Nazareth cover – sung by Panos Kalifis)

Tracks 1, 5 and 6 are previously unreleased tracks.
Tracks 7 and 8 are Nazareth covers.

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 66 neregistrovaných