Eye (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Eye (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Feb 2023, 09:46

Eye - Anthology (3CD) (Pride & Joy Music Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023 (Pride & Joy Music Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 447 mb

Bio:

Formally under the name Timmy, in 1988 the band was renamed to Eye. Eye is an AOR/hard rock band from San Francisco, California, USA.It all started in 8th grade, 1967, the summer of love, in Buckhead, Georgia.Keyboardist John "Langford" Harrison met guitarist Donny Macleod, and the rest was history.For nearly five decades, they still practiced every night.Why? Because they loved it.From the beginning, they had to have that "Brown" soun'.(Translated into laymens terms, that basically means a Marshall on ten).Thus the name 'Timmy'.A contradiction in terms, dialectic, or a sucker punch.I am reminded of when Elvis Presley came on the Ed Sullivan show, and said,"Okay, we're gonna slow it down a little...You ain't nothin' but a houndog!!!That knocked me back on my heels as a three-year-old.So Timmy comes out with a friendly little name,and then proceeds to knock you back on your heels!Heralded as the unsung progressive band of the seventies, that no one''s ever heard of,Timmy boasts an impressive history of associates that includes:Andy West of the Dixie Dregs, Mark O'Conner, world renowned fiddle champ,Vince Welnick, of the Tubes and Grateful Dead,Eddy Offord, produce of Yes and ELP, and engineer on John Lennon's Imagine, and infamous rock manager Tony Secunda, who managed such acts as Procol Harem, Moody Blues, T Rex, Motorhead, Denny Laine, Chrissie Hinde, and Steel-Eye Span.1975: Marin County California Timmy joins forces with Cream of Chicken, replacing guitarist Angie Makurak with Peter Penhallow, (aka Mr. Cheez),and drummer Dave Obiedo with Paul Southard, (aka Paul Zahl...his girlfriends tall!).Peter eventually moves to mini moog, (the 'saxophone', as John would affectionately refer to it), Donny moves, from bass to guitar, and John takes over the bass with his killer left hand.One of their songs at that time was called "Big Long One", which says it all.Most of their tunes, mostly written by John, and collaborated with by Donny and Peter, were anywhere from ten minutes to a half hour long, and were these fantastic and beautiful epics with time changes every measure.From 1975 to 1988, various drummers came in and out,while John, Donny and Peter remained as the core of the group.Zahl stayed maybe a year, and maybe came back once or twice,but was eventually replaced with Mitch Hinard, (aka Panda McCaan).The music was a stretch for Panda, but he rose to the occasion and then some and hit excellent and hard.After Panda came Bob, (Uncle Woofy), easily among the best progressive drummers on the planet.The Uncle Woofy period was a height.The tunes were longer, crazier, more beautiful than ever, and played with precision.The band opened for many progressive bands of that era to standing ovations.(Bill Bruford, Dixie Dregs, Captain Beefheart, Allan Holdsworth, Brian Auger, etc.)Next up was Charlie Tapp on drums.Charlie also brought in a few nice tunes.The band was also recruited by famed rock manager Tony Secunda.A shift in the music occurs: shorter tunes, straighter beats.This was a typical shift for progressive bands at this time, e.g. Asia,the early eighties rhing,and Timmy handled the shift with grace.1983: Andy West, bass player for the Dixie Dregs, joined the band.1984: The band made a demo, (The Atlanta Project), produced by Eddy Offord.All the King's men loved it, just the King's A and R guys went, ehh!Hello Brain! Paul Chatterton III on the drums.Vince Welnick came in to co-write and produced a few tunes for the "Eye" CD.1988: "Has anyone seen Peter?""Hey Peter, when ya comin' to rehearsal?""Guys, I ran away from home to play piano for babies".Brain left the band soon after Mr. Cheez,and eventually flew into the arms of God from the seat of his Harley.God bless ya, brother.1990: Andy Bishop joins the band on drums, they were a bad ass rockin' trio.The Timmy line up at that time was: John (Langford) Harrison, Donny (Jock McNutt) MacLeod, Andy Bishop 30 years of Rock and Roll!So I seriously doubt that this is...

Album:

Pride & Joy Music has released a 3-CD Box Set of San Francisco based AOR rockers EYE called ”Anthology”. The limited to 500 copies worldwide box includes 50 tracks from the band’s archive digitally remastered with a very good sound quality, including rare picture material, a 24 pages booklet featuring liner notes written by Mike Varney.Formed in 1975 by John Harrison, Donny McLeod and Peter Penhallow, The band was originally named TIMMY. The starting sound was more Progressive in nature and eventually developed into more Harder Rock AOR stylings by the time they redeveloped and renamed the band to EYE in 1988.”Anthology” features material from Eye’s 1989 album “It Might Rain”, Timmy’s “The Atlanta Project” (1984), “The Damn Thing Is Still Alive!”, and unreleased material from archives.For the Timmy 1984 album the band recorded the 4 songs along with guest bassist Andy West of Dixie Dregs fame, and producer Eddy Offord (YES, POLICE, ELP). Although their musical influences also come from these bands, I can’t hear much of a similarity, because this Timmy was pure early 80s AOR/Pomprock recalling The SYNCH, LE ROUX, RATHSKELLER, THRILLS…So basically you get a lot of wonderful keyboards (the band has two members who playing keyboards and singing), big melodic harmony vocals, catchy hooklines all over the place, superb memorable choruses, sharp guitar riffs and this is all packed in a radio-format early ’80s typed rock sound.The songs from the album released under the name EYE recorded 1988-89 have the polished sheen production from the era, AOR with pop-rock feeling at places yet still retaining the pomp sound.These songs are more refined, radio-ready than the previous material, with elegant arrangements.Kudos to Pride & Joy Music for releasing this excellent box set from a band that deserved better promotion and a good recording deal.Features material from Eye "It Might Rain" and Timmy "The Atlanta Project", "The Damn Thing Is Still Alive!" and unreleased material from archives.

Line-Up:

Electric Guitar, Vocals – Donny McLeod (R.I.P. Jan. 10, 2010)
Keyboards, Bass, Vocals – John Harrison (R.I.P. June 25, 2012)
Keyboards, Electric Guitar, Vocals – Peter Penhallow
Bass – Andy West
Drums – Andy Bishop, Charlie Tapp, Paul Chatterton, Uncle Woofy

Production:

Artwork – Ingo Ertl
Co-producer, Management – Marcus Mason
Management – Tony Secunda
Producer – Eddy Offord (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-9, 2-5, 2-8, 2-12), Eye (31), Vince Welnick
Transferred By – Johnny Colla

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Back Up Slow Down
02. Broadway Hollywood
03. Taylor Made
04. Lost And Confused
05. Romance (Version 3)
06. Just a Game
07. You’ve Got Nerve
08. Don’t Wait
09. Back Up (Alternative Version)
10. All I Need
11. Need Somebody
12. Presence
13. In A Hole
14. Eye Will Watch You
15. All Too Well
16. You’ve Got Nerve (Alternative Version)

CD2:

01. I’m After You
02. The Hero Is Dead
03. Big Boy
04. Under The Weather
05. Baby Lady
06. Honestly Lovely
07. I Might Rain
08. Nuclear Affair
09. You Don’t Know Me
10. Right Time
11. Reddi Freddi
12. Baby Lady (Alternative Version)
13. Honestly Lovely (Alternative Version)
14. Time’s Got A Way
15. Baby Lady (Unplugged)
16. Grab A Seat – Reddi Freddi (Alternative Version)

CD3:

01. Don’t Cry
02. Rumble
03. No Man’s Land
04. Witchin‘ Time
05. Night Scope
06. Eye 4 An Eye
07. You’ve Gotta Have It
08. Partyin‘ Angel
09. Change The Channel MPH
10. Chase The Blues Away
11. Here I Am
12. I Know What I’m Looking For
13. Ready Or Not
14. I Can’t Complain
15. I Know A Way
16. Birthday Part One

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných