Dreamkid (GBR)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Dreamkid (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Jún 2022, 07:30

Dreamkid - Dreamkid (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Melodic Rock , Synthwave ala 80
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 102 mb

Bio:

Ryan Morris aka Dreamkid has always been obsessed with the feelings of nostalgia, not to mention all things music. Entering the world slap bang into the mid-eighties was a major contributing factor for his love of synthwave music. Having grown up on the sunny eastern shores of South Africa and spending most of his youth surfing, skateboarding, playing guitar and listening to Blink-182, he inevitably ended up starting a pop punk band during his school years. 
 Relocating to the UK in 2005 and a few years later, Ryan found himself signed to independent US label Sumerian Records in his alternative rock band . But it was through his love of 80s style pop songs however, that he discovered the NewRetroWave YouTube channel in 2015. Ryan says of that fateful day, “I always loved 80s music but when I discovered this whole synth scene I was completely sucked in.” The global pandemic and resultant lockdown saw the birth of the Dreamkid persona and a time to hone in on his unique synthwave songwriting craft. With his androgynous look, wild care free attitude and together with his love of performing on stage, Dreamkid is hoping to stir up the world of synthwave with his own brand of nostalgic melodies. Debut album out on Outland Recordings in 2022.

Album:

Dreamkid’s lead single ‘Hearts Don’t Beat the Same When They’re Hurting’, accompanied by a smashing 80s-infused music video, wowed the retrowave community with his sound reminiscent of the undoubted darlings of the scene, The Midnight.Whilst Hollywood films like Drive (2011 - Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan) had many embrace the retro electronic and interchangeable genre of retrowave/synthwave, it is The Midnight’s sold-out show at London’s 5000-capacity Brixton Academy on 7th May this year which proves there’s no end in sight to the penchant for the movement.Monikered as Dreamkid, the self-reliant artist Ryan Morris wrote, produced, engineered and played all the instrumentation on the album. Together with Pete Maher, the UK’s No1 independent mastering engineer (U2, Peaky Blinders, The Pixies, The Rolling Stones), the album tracks pop with a production quality not often seen in the DIY production scene of synthwave. There’s a smorgasbord of menacing retro electro instrumentals, screaming guitar solos and his own brand of vocal driven emo-synthpop.Morris succeeds in fusing genres with life experiences and his intuition to create an album that’s intentionally designed and built to evoke certain nostalgic feelings. In the closing track ‘Parents’, which has the most meaning to the producer, he explains “I could clearly remember my mom coming to me in pre-school and telling me that she had to go away for a while, my dad basically got custody of us. I remember going back on the playing field being confused and sad. It’s a song about divorce and how your parents are not superheroes but humans just like all of us, trying their best.” Instrumentals like ‘Officewave’ never stray far from the Mitch Murder-esque stylings of retrowave of old. “Definitely the song that I wrote the quickest on this album - I bought the Waves Bass Slapper plugin and that was the very first part that I wrote using it. I based the concept off 80s thrillers with plots in offices, think fight scenes, PC computers, Wall Street etc. I threw the whole song together in 3 hours and I think it might very much end up being a fan favourite.” Tracks like ‘The Fugitive’ seamlessly deliver cinematic movie-theme inspired soundtracks. “Based off The Fugitive movie with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. I wanted to create a smooth classic synthwave song with the idea of a cop chasing a runaway fugitive. I found the sample of the cop talking and thought it was a perfect fit, ‘Everybody’s gonna be on your tail, from 5 o'clock until the day you die’.”

Line-Up:

Ryan Morris – vocals, bass, synths
Pete Maher - mastering engineer (U2, Peaky Blinders, The Pixies, The Rolling Stones)

Tracklist:

01. Restart (03:43)
02. America (05:01)
03. Broken Heart Airlines (04:27)
04. Revenge Boy (05:01)
05. Fatal Attraction (06:03)
06. Game Over (04:58)
07. Officewave (04:04)
08. Hearts Don't Beat The Same When They're Hurting (05:20)
09. The Fugitive (05:38)
10. Obsession (05:56)
11. Night Ride (04:55)
12. Parents (06:07)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných