Stone Fury (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Stone Fury (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Mar 2022, 07:13

Stone Fury - Burns Like A Star (1984) (Rock Candy Remastered 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Rock Candy Remastered 2017)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 106 mb

Bio:

Moving from Hamburg, Germany, to Los Angeles, USA, in 1983, vocalist Lenny Wolf teamed up with Bruce Gowdy (guitar) to form Stone Fury. Adding Rick Wilson (bass) and Jody Cortez (drums), they signed to MCA Records and debuted the following year with Burns Like A Star. The album offered traditional blues-based hard rock, similar in construction to Led Zeppelin. Wolf’s vocals were modelled very closely on Robert Plant’s, both in pitch and phrasing, which provoked accusations of imitation. Let Them Talk was more restrained and employed a greater use of melody and atmospherics. Unable to make a breakthrough in the USA, Wolf went back to Germany and later formed Kingdom Come on his return to the USA in 1987. Gowdy, in the meantime, formed World Trade.

Album:

Finally one of the most overlooked hard rock albums from the '80s, STONE FURY's debut "Burns Like A Star", it's being available outside Japan in remastered form courtesy of Rock Candy Records.Stone Fury was formed in Los Angeles in 1983 by vocalist Lenny Wolf, later known for being the founder of platinum sellers Kingdom Come. The band was essentially a collaboration between Wolf - born in Germany who moved to L.A. to become a rockstar - and super talented guitarist Bruce Gowdy (Unruly Child, Fergie Frederiksen, etc).After a recording demo, MCA Records offered a recording contract, but as band. So Stone Fury become a full-on combo completed with drummer Jody Cortez (Cinderella) and bassist Rick Wilson (Danny Wilde Band).Produced by renowned Andy Johns - who worked on classic albums by Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen and many others - Stone Fury's debut "Burns Like A Star" appeared in 1984.Yes, Lenny Wolf started to show his Robert Plant influences here, but it's Bruce Gowdy who brings the melodic hard rock sheen that makes this album truly great.'Break Down The Wall' is one of my all-time favorite '80s Hard Rock songs, while 'Life Is Too Lonely' is a midtempo AOR gem. I even remember a quote from long time ago with Don Dokken stating how much he liked this song.'I Hate To Sleep Alone' rocks hard, 'Don't Tell Me Why' and 'Hold It' are both another solid melodic hard rockers, while 'Mamas Love' and 'Tease' are good examples of what would become Kingdom Come; US hard rock with bluesy foundation."Burns Like A Star" rocks like few, it's highly melodic, delivers superb musicianship and a brilliant production, in short; one of the best recorded albums in this genre in America during the first half of the '80s.This Rock Candy remaster is taken from the original tapes, it's fully dynamic and punchy.Killer, underrated album.

Line-Up:

Lenny Wolf - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Bruce Gowdy - lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Rick Wilson - bass, backing vocals
Jody Cortez - drums, percussion

Tracklist:

01. Break Down the Walls 4:14
02. I Hate to Sleep Alone 3:56
03. Life Is too Lonely 4:28
04. Don't Tell Me Why 4:11
05. Mamas Love 3:34
06. Burns Like a Star 5:47
07. Tease 4:01
08. Hold it 3:31
09. Shannon You Lose 5:31

+ Video "Life Is Too Lonely" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Stone Fury (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Jan 2024, 15:52

Stone Fury - Let Them Talk (1986) (Retroactive Records Edition 1995)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (Retroactive Records Remastered Edition 1995)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 88 mb

Bio:

Moving from Hamburg, Germany, to Los Angeles, USA, in 1983, vocalist Lenny Wolf teamed up with Bruce Gowdy (guitar) to form Stone Fury. Adding Rick Wilson (bass) and Jody Cortez (drums), they signed to MCA Records and debuted the following year with Burns Like A Star. The album offered traditional blues-based hard rock, similar in construction to Led Zeppelin. Wolf’s vocals were modelled very closely on Robert Plant’s, both in pitch and phrasing, which provoked accusations of imitation. Let Them Talk was more restrained and employed a greater use of melody and atmospherics. Unable to make a breakthrough in the USA, Wolf went back to Germany and later formed Kingdom Come on his return to the USA in 1987. Gowdy, in the meantime, formed World Trade.

Album:

Retrospect remastered edition.Stone Fury’s second album “Let Them Talk” never was released in Japan, so there’s no reissue from there. Nor even released on CD at the time it appeared (1986) because their label MCA was absorbed by a major company, and many bands found themselves in the middle of nothing. Additionally, there was – and still are – legal troubles with this album.But in the the Nineties and after Lenny Wolf’s success with Kingdom Come, he got an arrangement for the album to be released in his home country (Germany) on CD, remastered. This one… now out of print and being sold for over USD 200.Some time ago I read somewhere that this CD version is not official, nor remastered. Both false.The confusion comes because a Russian bootleg label copied the German artwork and pressed various copies – unauthorized – but with a poor sound transfer.Indeed, this “Let Them Talk” -original- German CD sound fabulous.Speaking about the music inside, “Let Them Talk” was a drastic change in direction compared with the rocking previous. There was the mid-80s, and Stone Fury core Lenny Wolf / Bruce Gowdy looked for a commercial, poppy delivery.Produced by Richard Landis (Van Stephenson, Glen Burtnik) you know what to expect here: tons of keyboards, synth fills and elaborated harmony vocals. Gowdy was more concentrated on his keys more than his sharp guitar riffs from the previous album, and Wolf sings smoothie.For fans of the hard rockin’ sound from the previous record, “Let Them Talk” was disappointing. But you need to listen this album from a different perspective… think about it as a different band, and judge it for what it is.And it is a quite good light AOR / FM oriented record with a poppy commercial feel and uber polished production. A true product from the ’80s, and I love it.‘Too Late’ is a pure AOR tune, just wrapped with a sonic picture similar to Starship. Title track add more guitars – but extremely clean – and musically reminds me Mr Mister.‘Lies On The Run’ is an uptempo little gem, this time with more prominent guitars and compressed drums, ‘Babe’ is a nice midtempo, while ‘Doin’ What I Feel’ and especially ‘Eye Of The Storm’ are pretty Hi-Tech in the typical Canadian sound of the era. I like this stuff!‘Stay’ is another typically ’80s tune with a glossy production and strong vocals by Wolf.If you love the ’80s, stylized light AOR sounds from the middle of that magical decade, you need to check Stone Furys’ “Let Them Talk”, a really hard to find album for many years, hence, unheard by most fans of this wonderful musical era.

Line-Up:

Bruce Gowdy – guitars, keyboards, vocals
Dean Cortez – bass
Vinnie Colaiuta – drums
Alan Pasqua – keyboards

Production:

Recorded At – The Grey Room
Mixed At – Can-Am Recorders
Mastered At – Artisan Sound Recorders
Produced For – Outlandis Productions
Executive-Producer – Steve Moir
Management – Marty Wolff
Producer – Richard Landis, Richard Landis

Tracklist:

01. Too Late
02. Lies On The Run
03. Let Them Talk
04. Babe
05. Eye Of The Storm
06. Doin’ What I Feel
07. Let The Time Take Care
08. I Should Have Told You
09. Stay

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Stone Fury (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Apr 2024, 06:09

Stone Fury - The Best Of Stone Fury (1988)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (MCA Records Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 99 mb

Bio:

Album:

This album is a best of five songs selected from each of their two albums, but it is a collection of beautiful melodies that, no matter how many times you listen to it, you will find it difficult to find a reason why this band didn't sell.The Stone Fury name may have been half-buried by the sheer impact of Lenny Wolf's deadly sin on KINGDOM COME, but for those who know the enduring brilliance of the number "Break Down the Walls", it will be an indelible part of 80s metal. For those who know the enduringly brilliant number "Breakdown The Walls", it will be an unforgettable part of the 80s metal scene.The band was a project of German-born Lenny Wolff with American guitarist Bruce Gordy, and can be compared to their contemporaries DOKKEN in terms of their similarities in origin and musicality.At the time, the influence of Robert Plant was not yet pointed out, but rather their melodic excellence attracted attention.The band ideally embodied the fading of Europe and the glitter of 80's metal, and the pleasant sense of speed seen in the aforementioned 'Break Down The Walls' was quite shocking in an era before the term 'melodic hard' had taken root.The first album, 'BURNS LIKE A STAR', from 1984, is impressive for its melodies, which are considerably more prominent with more aspirational power than DOKKEN.It's not without a Zeppelin approach already, but it's so frustrating that the only way to describe it in words is the standard "catchy and melodic".On their second album, Let Them Talk (1986), the band quickly changed course to a more modern, hard-pop sound.I don't know why they couldn't ride the wave of the scene with their last album, but I guess they were aiming for a breakthrough with this album, which includes some 80's New Wave-like numbers, depending on how you listen to it, but I feel they completely lost their way.Still, listening to the album again now, there is no doubt that it was a really well-made album, and it highlights the uniqueness of the band.I personally feel that the album boasts an ephemeral beauty, with Bruce's solid guitar playing, who would later play in the likes of WORLD TRADE and UNRULY CHILD, and Lenny's metallic, high-tone vocals that were just about to run away with the times.

Line-Up:

Bruce Gowdy – guitars, keyboards, vocals
Dean Cortez – bass
Vinnie Colaiuta – drums
Alan Pasqua – keyboards

Production:

Pressed By – MCA Pressing Plant, Pinckneyville
Phonographic Copyright ℗ – MCA Records, Inc.
Copyright © – MCA Records, Inc.
Manufactured By – MCA Records, Inc.

Tracklist:

01. Break Down The Walls
02. Lies On The Run
03. Too Late
04. Life Is Too Lonely
05. Mama's Love
06. Babe
07. Let Them Talk
08. Eye Of The Storm
09. I Hate To Sleep Alone
10. Shannon You Lose

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 61 neregistrovaných