Star.Gate (GREECE)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Star.Gate (GREECE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Jan 2022, 13:53

Star.Gate - The Dream (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Melodic Heavy Metal , Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Melodic metal band from Greece from Thessaloniki..Melodic metal with neoclassical and A.O.R. elements.Formed some 15 years ago, the band has been consistently releasing studio albums, about every three years, since 2013. What hasn't been constant is the band personnel.The Dream, their fourth album comes with some new players.Vocalist John Jeff Touch and songwriter and bass player Kostas Domenikiotis remain the core of the band, with new additions of Anthemm Manti on guitars, Sakis Bandis (Horizon's End) on keyboards, Stergios Kourou (Wardrum, Horizon's End) on drums.In the three years since Longing For The Light, it appears that Stargate may be experiencing a musical evolution. Where the previous album might be described as melodic hard rock with some metal vibe, the songs within The Dream flip the musical motif. Today Stargate sounds more like melodic metal band, still infused with rock rhythm and groove and then laced with some symphonic layers. It may be splitting hairs for some, but the difference is notable. Additionally, within past albums, I had doubts about John Jeff Touch's vocal performance which seemed assertive, strained, and lacking control. With this album and tunes, none of these things hold true anymore. In other words, he also has evolved into a better vocalist.

John Jeff Touch (vocals) - John Jeff Touch (winner of various European Artists Awards and collaborations with bands such as Deep Purple, VISION, S.I.N., COSMICRAY, Sanny X etc) is one of the most promising singers /songwriters of Europe.He is influenced by many kinds of music like melodic rock, pop -rock, jazz, ethnic, electro e.t.c. Some of his favorite singers are Freddy Mercury, Kip Winger, Chris Cornell, David Coverdale, Michael Jackson, George Michael e.t.c. Expressiveness, wide vocal range and a big variety of sound colors characterize his singing.John Jeff Touch is also the producer of WA Records helping every artist/ band to find his own sound and direction.

Album:

Star Gate are back with their fourth album,"The Dream".The band presents the perfect combination of Melodic and Neoclassical Metal through an amazing release.Almost 40 minutes of amazing compositions based on first class, real song writing. Expect no fillers in this one, just songs that will stick in your mind forever.The band brings to the foreground a new amazing line up featuring Kostas Domenikiotis on bass, Anthemm Manti on guitars, Sakis Bandis (HORIZON'S END, HAIL SPIRIT NOIR) on keyboards, Stergios Kourou (WARDRUM, HORIZON'S END) on drums and John Jeff Touch on vocals, so you should expect only amazing performances on excellent songs.This is an absolute must for fans of Royal Hunt, Rising Force, Magnum, Ten and Talisman. For sure one of the most catchy Metal records you will have the chance to hear lately!Album have been listening to the album quite meticulously for the past few days and I have been thinking about some facts that make this band so special, and I’d like to share some with you before focusing on the album itself.STAR.GATE is one of those very few bands that actually manage to approach the neoclassical power metal sound in a very specific, inspired, straightforward and “to the point” way: pure talent and substance are the main two features in this band’s song writing. Yes, I have written it in the past and I will write it again as songwriting should be the main focus for every band and album out there. If songwriting is poor, sorry, it leads nowhere…Having all the above in my mind -based on the band’s so far discography- I came into the conclusion that song writing is once again the most important feature in this new album. I can assure you that STAR.GATE have done a magnificent job in here. In “The Dream”, you will be able to listen a perfectly balanced mixture of Melodic Heavy Metal and Neoclassical Power Metal. I can for sure point that this record includes some of the most catchy and memorable songs I have heard lately. Songs that will stick in your mind for sure. And don’t get me wrong, when we deal with Melodic Heavy Metal and Neoclassical Power Metal we actually search for such songs right? Right…Band’s spiritual father and bassist Kostas Domenikiotis composes having into his mind complete songs from start to finish. You will realize this if you take a close listening on each composition. You will notice how smoothly the song parts are combined together, each song: a complete little musical vision that is able to make you want to press the play button again and again. Fun fact: Yes! The very first time I heard the album I faced the “difficulty” described bellow: I was listening to some particular tunes and I was finding myself going back to the particular tunes, pressing the play button to listen them again and again before I would finally move forward to the next tune. Is it love at first sight? No it is love at first hearing!It is obvious that ROYAL HUNT is a big influence in here and I mean their golden -from the start until Paradox album- era. Domenikiotis is seriously approaching the good vibe of the Danish Metallers music, using all its good elements to finally create something of his own. Yes the straight strength of Melodic Heavy Metal, the majesty of Neoclassical Power Metal and this overall combination under a pop song writing are features only to be found on the STAR.GATE magic!You will be able to listen some amazing guitar work in this album. Anthemm Manti have recorded some amazing pieces of lead parts and solos. However I have to point out that shredding is not the main point on this album. STAR.GATE want to deliver REAL songs and not a demonstration of guitar craftsmanship. And I seriously point this because there are albums out there that simply present some recorded shredding. No, “The Dream” album includes real, completed songs that have been enforced by the magnificent playing of Anthemm Manti who at the end of the day released some heavenly solos in here. So yes it is a double win folks: Great songs. Great solos. Do you want more?Ok lets make some reference to the amazing drum playing of Stergios Kourou (WARDRUM, HORIZON’S END), the musical portrait which is painted by keyboard melodies provided by the one and only Sakis Bandis (HORIZON’S END, HAIL SPIRIT NOIR). And the real amazing vocals of John Jeff Touch. Well in my opinion this is best line up of STAR.GATE so far.Favorite songs? Well it is very difficult to choose favorite songs from this little masterpiece. “Dream” is one of those records that you are listening from start to finish being completely unable to skip a single tune. Try to prove me wrong in here. Take the CD, put it in your car and go for a nice drive under the sunshine. You will be unable to skip a single tune. And yes “The Dream” is made for such nice sunshine trips. The colors of the sky would perfectly much with the colors of the music!But… if you STILL want me to point specific songs I would share with you the tunes that got me stuck on my headphones being unable to press the forward button, the very first time I heard the album: The “Stargate” magnum opus and also “Shameless War”, “Miracle”, “Living For The Dream”, “Part Of the Rainbow” and “Best Night Of My Life”.To sum things up: This is the best STAR.GATE album so far. And one of the most “catchy” albums of the year. If you want some melodic, powerful and majestic Metal, buy this one. If you do not like it, I will buy your copy, contact me anytime. Seriously.

Line-Up:

John Jeff Touch: Lead and Backing Vocals (Ex-Deep Purple, VISION, S.I.N., COSMICRAY, Sanny X etc)
Anthemm Manti: Guitars
Kostas Domenikiotis: Bass
Sakis Bandis: Keyboards
Stergios Kourou: Special Guest On Drums

production:

Music/Lyrics: Kostas Domenikiotis
Mixed & Master by Kostas Scandalis at Infinity Studio
Lyric Video by Stergios Kourou

Tracklist:

01. Stargate
02. Shameless War
03. Miracle
04. Living For The Dream
05. Part Of The Rainbow
06. Inner Peace
07. Best Night Of My Life
08. Key To Fantasy
09. New Age
10. Abyss

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Star.gate (GRE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Mar 2022, 08:41

Star.Gate - Unbroken Diamond (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

Hard rock band from Thessaloniki, Greece formed by keyboardist Sakis Bandis (HORIZON’S END) and drummer Stergios Kourou (HORIZON’S END, WARDRUM), now featuring new vocalist Vassilis Papadopoulos (ex-KONAN) who give the quintet a much more melodious feel thanks to his warm and powerful voice driving the band’s sound into a new level.STAR.GATE is a diverse outfit delivering a musical mix of classic melodic metal, hard rock groove and at places, Pomp AOR waves, with influences ranging from URIAH HEEP and KANSAS to STYX and modern day JOURNEY.Melodic metal band from Greece from Thessaloniki..Melodic metal with neoclassical and A.O.R. elements.Formed some 15 years ago, the band has been consistently releasing studio albums, about every three years, since 2013. What hasn't been constant is the band personnel.The Dream, their fourth album comes with some new players.Vocalist John Jeff Touch and songwriter and bass player Kostas Domenikiotis remain the core of the band, with new additions of Anthemm Manti on guitars, Sakis Bandis (Horizon's End) on keyboards, Stergios Kourou (Wardrum, Horizon's End) on drums.In the three years since Longing For The Light, it appears that Stargate may be experiencing a musical evolution. Where the previous album might be described as melodic hard rock with some metal vibe, the songs within The Dream flip the musical motif. Today Stargate sounds more like melodic metal band, still infused with rock rhythm and groove and then laced with some symphonic layers. It may be splitting hairs for some, but the difference is notable. Additionally, within past albums, I had doubts about John Jeff Touch's vocal performance which seemed assertive, strained, and lacking control. With this album and tunes, none of these things hold true anymore. In other words, he also has evolved into a better vocalist.

Album:

“Unbroken Diamond” is the new album from rockers STAR.GATE, the Greek band formed by keyboardist Sakis Bandis (HORIZON’S END) and drummer Stergios Kourou (HORIZON’S END, WARDRUM), now featuring new vocalist Vassilis Papadopoulos (ex-KONAN) who give the quintet a much more melodious feel thanks to his warm and powerful voice driving the band’s sound into a new level.“Unbroken Diamond” navigates all over classic elements from the 70s / 80s / 90s via melodic and dynamic arrangements, clean vocals, strong guitar riffs & solos, and a bouncy rhythm section. Old-school spirit with modern production.After the atmospheric intro “Unbroken”, a keyboard melodic line open the ‘gates’ of title track “Unbroken Diamond”. The vocal melodies are soon overtaking the first verse and the majestic chorus drive the composition on its first glory. Bandis have put some beautiful keyboard melodies in here then Anthimos Manti’s guitar solo is fabulous.There’s a catchy, almost neoclassical mood on the following “Christmas Night”. You can start counting the repeated plays for this one as you enjoy the beautiful vocal harmonies both in the verse and chorus and of course the keyboard solo.The album’s first ’70s touches are appear on the main verse of the “Believe”, the song that follows. Papadopoulos highlights a beautifully mysterious and melodic theme for the main vocal lines of each verse, preparing us for the chorus. David Byron would have been proud for the verse melody and Ken Hensley for the keyboard solo.So what to we got here? URIAH HEEP Epic / Hard touches on the STAR.GATE realm? Oh yes! And this is only the beginning.What follows is one of the album’s top moments; “Birth of a Star” is a fantastic composition highlighting the Pomp Rock orientation that can be heard on many songs of this release. Should I refer to the amazing vocal melodies? Should I refer to the epic / romantic piano parts or to the fantastic guitar solo? This is a magnum opus. If you worship bands like STYX, KANSAS, PATRIARCH, ASIA (US), BURST and the similar you would sure get the vibe of this one. Mid 70s to early 80s Pomp Rock meets early 80s Crossover & Hard / Prog, under a neoclassical touch. Well, I am in Heaven.The overall structure and approaching on the next track intro part reminded me the “Just Between Us” song by TALISMAN. Then you realize that “Don’t Think About Tomorrow” has one of the catchiest choruses in the whole album. Musically is balances between Pomp Rock and AOR, with the keyboard orchestration to be one of the main song’s highlights.Great track.“The Tree” is a nother winner, highlighting the Pomp Rock magic that we all hope to be a key feature into the future STAR.GATE journeys. Everything is top class in this song. I enjoyed the guitar solo very much in this one. You will loose the counting of the repeated plays for this track.Then “Sunlight” is perhaps even better. This is one of the songs that are able to bring tears in your eyes. The URIAH HEEP influences are passing through the magical kaleidoscope of the bans and the result is magical. You got to listen the song’s verses! You go to listen the pre-chorus bridge – probably the best moment of the album – and of course you got to listen to the chorus. Bandis is offering some Hammond and piano magic in here, while the emphatic drums of Stergios Kourou are expanding the greatness.The classic stuff appear on “I’ll Wait for You”, a pompous and emotional hymn to fantasy-romanticism (“fantasy” is for the music and “romanticism” is for the lyrics). I love Manti’s 70s oriented solo in here. A brilliant tune.The album’s epilogue belongs to a wonderful composition of keyboardist Bandis. “Diamond Dust” is a small, melancholic musical fairy tale that carries a strong Pomp influence.STAR.GATE is an old-school band not only songwriting wise, but also as performers and the way they recorded this album. No auto-tune, not excess of effects, no triggers, no banks with drum sound samplers, nothing like that. Just the pure, natural sound of a good rock band.“Unbroken Diamond” combines the classic metal sound of the early 90s with the Pomp Rock sound of the mid 70s / early 80s, plus the 70s Epic / Hard neoclassical vibe that was mainly expressed by the URIAH HEEP pioneers on their golden era. I see this album as the beginning of a new age for the band.

Line-Up:

Vassilis Papadopoulos - Vocals
Anthimos Manti - Guitars
Kostas Domenikiotis - Bass
Sakis Bandis - Keyboards
Stergios Kourou - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Unbroken
02. Unbroken Diamond
03. Christmas Night
04. Believe
05. Birth Of A Star
06. Don’t Think About Tomorrow
07. The Tree
08. Sunlight
09. I’ll Wait For You
10. Diamond Dust

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Star.Gate (GREECE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Mar 2024, 06:08

Star.Gate - Escaping The Illusion (2024)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2024
Size : 114 mb

Bio:

Hard rock band from Thessaloniki, Greece formed by keyboardist Sakis Bandis (HORIZON’S END) and drummer Stergios Kourou (HORIZON’S END, WARDRUM), now featuring new vocalist Vassilis Papadopoulos (ex-KONAN) who give the quintet a much more melodious feel thanks to his warm and powerful voice driving the band’s sound into a new level.STAR.GATE is a diverse outfit delivering a musical mix of classic melodic metal, hard rock groove and at places, Pomp AOR waves, with influences ranging from URIAH HEEP and KANSAS to STYX and modern day JOURNEY.Melodic metal band from Greece from Thessaloniki..Melodic metal with neoclassical and A.O.R. elements.Formed some 15 years ago, the band has been consistently releasing studio albums, about every three years, since 2013. What hasn't been constant is the band personnel.The Dream, their fourth album comes with some new players.Vocalist John Jeff Touch and songwriter and bass player Kostas Domenikiotis remain the core of the band, with new additions of Anthemm Manti on guitars, Sakis Bandis (Horizon's End) on keyboards, Stergios Kourou (Wardrum, Horizon's End) on drums.In the three years since Longing For The Light, it appears that Stargate may be experiencing a musical evolution. Where the previous album might be described as melodic hard rock with some metal vibe, the songs within The Dream flip the musical motif. Today Stargate sounds more like melodic metal band, still infused with rock rhythm and groove and then laced with some symphonic layers. It may be splitting hairs for some, but the difference is notable. Additionally, within past albums, I had doubts about John Jeff Touch's vocal performance which seemed assertive, strained, and lacking control. With this album and tunes, none of these things hold true anymore. In other words, he also has evolved into a better vocalist.

Album:

For me Star.Gate for years now have been on the list of those bands that the purchase of every new release is a given even if I haven’t heard a single note from it. Such is the level of our friends from Thessaloniki that I was absolutely convinced when I started listening to “Escaping The Illusion” that I was dealing with another excellent work.And I wasn’t wrong at all. If anything, the album is not only excellent but I firmly believe that it is the best in their career so far! The all-star act from the North puts the glasses on the majority of super star bands worldwide with this one.The eight new compositions presented are a mixture of neoclassical metal with a good dose of progressive touches. This album is a wet dream for the fan of the sound. It is really impossible for me to pick out any composition since all of them are excellent. What can I say about the choruses of tracks like the opener “Hiding All The Tears” or “Life Is An Illusion”? Not of course that the others go backwards! About the gorgeous “Outcast” or the more progressive “Wounded Soul”? Talk about an album that can be heard over and over again!But beyond the eight compositions we have five more. Two acoustic versions of “Christmas Night” from their previous album and “Life Is An Illusion” which are beautiful but also three short instrumentals with only Kostas’ bass.“Escaping The Illusion” is one of those albums that wins you over from the first moment and never disappoints you. I wonder how many new works I can say the same thing about…So, a stellar playing from the whole group. Now they are all tied together like a fist, well of course Kostas has gathered the cream of the crop of the scene in the band, they present an album that easily puts itself in the running for one of the best of the year.

Line-Up:

Manos Fatsis - Vocals (2023-present) - See also: Alpha Souls, City of Lights, Hideaway, ex-Dark Nova, ex-Devilusion, ex-Bad Case
Kostas Domenikiotis - Bass - See also: ex-Thunderstorm, D&D, John Jeff Touch, Uthull
Anthimos - Guitars - See also: Crystal Tears, Prassein Aloga, ex-Winters Dawn, ex-Out of the Lair, MANTI, ex-Paul Di'Anno (live), ex-Anthimos Manti, ex-ATMA
Stergios Kourou - Drums - See also: Horizon's End, Kosta Vreto, Wardrum, ex-Escape, ex-Jaded Star (live), ex-Death from Above, ex-Redrum
Sakis Bandis - Keyboards - See also: Hail Spirit Noir, Horizon's End, Kosta Vreto, ex-Wizard, Uthull, ex-Konan (live)

Tracklist:

01. Hiding All the Tears 04:36
02. Deepest Sea 05:35
03. Lonely Queen 04:35
04. Life Is an Illusion 05:05
05. Wounded Soul 05:04
06. I Am Here 04:48
07. The Enemy Inside 03:38
08. Outcast 05:32
09. Christmas Night (acoustic version) 03:36
10. Life Is an Illusion (acoustic version) 05:00
11. Formless Flame 00:43
12. The Field of Oneness 00:35
13. Crystal Blades 00:58

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných