Trapper (CAN)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Trapper (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Nov 2021, 06:10

Trapper - Go For The Heart (EP) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Female Vocal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Canadian rock band that plays 1980’s style melodic hard rock.A true celebration of the grandiose, anthemic and breathtakingly fun hard rock music of the 1980s, Trapper brings together two of Canada’s brightest creative lights in a project that neither parrots nor parodies the genre that left an indelible stamp on millions of fans and pop culture.Already aware of one another’s impressive careers and credentials as artists, all it took was a few social media exchanges to lead to what is now a blossoming musical partnership between guitar hero Sean Kelly and critically-acclaimed songstress Emm Gryner.Kelly boasts an impressive, genre-defying pedigree as a player and songwriter that includes a host of classical guitar albums, a popular retro-glam band called Crash Kelly, as well as recording, writing and/or live work with the likes of Helix, Honeymoon Suite, Lee Aaron, Carl Dixon (Coney Hatch), Gilby Clarke (Guns ‘N Roses) and Rudy Sarzo (Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne).Gryner is a powerfully evocative singer/songwriter with 18 solo albums to her credit and admirers around the world, including the likes U2s Bono, Def Leppard singer Joe Elliot, David Bowie (for whom she performed as part of his backing band for a number of years) and Nelly Furtado.Coincidentally, Kelly has also been Furtado’s guitarist since 2009, so it seemed as though serendipity played a huge role in the meeting of these two musical minds.Both Kelly and Gryner have happily embraced a variety of styles throughout their respective careers, but found they both had a desire to immerse themselves in the music that was so impactful in their own youthful musical journeys.“I knew of Emm and her name has been resonating within a circle of friends for some time. One night I heard her song North on the radio and Tweeted about it. She Tweeted back when she saw that I have been playing with both Nelly and Helix. The conversation started right there and here we are today,” said Kelly.“We started talking and that quickly turned into us sending song ideas back and forth. It turned out that we both love the 1980s era of music so much. And there are a lot of forgotten songs from that time period that we want to revisit,” added Gryner.“We felt we could also write some songs that sound as though they came straight out of 1986. And that’s what we have done.”Towards the end of 2014, Trapper released a cassette single that featured a cover of the Scandal hit The Warrior as well as an original song that was a playful ode to the southern summer party scene of the 1980s – Grand Bender.“I want Trapper’s music to kind of represent that summer lifestyle – that experience that so many of us had growing up. There were all the great outdoor concerts, trips to the beach, bush parties. People remember that time in the 1980s with such fondness,” said Gryner.Trapper is neither a tribute act nor a cover band, but a truly organic creative force that will continue to write and record original material with that distinctly 1980s hard rock vibe, as well offering up their interpretations of other ‘lost’ 1980s rock gems. And the 1980s mentality is going to permeate every aspect of the band’s presentation.“We grew up with this stuff and we learned it well. We have the chops to pull this off like few other bands could. With my experience with Nelly and Emm’s time as part of David Bowie’s band in the early 2000s, we have developed a certain acumen with our stagecraft and showmanship,” Kelly asserted.“We want to bring that sense of grandeur and energy that made 1980s rock so much fun and such a positive experience for so many people.”Trapper adds yet another dimension to Gryner’s prolific and remarkably diverse and enduring career. Her solo material has always been eclectic, melodic, highly literate and refreshingly unfettered by formula or slavish trendiness. She has garnered a loyal, worldwide fan base as well as two Juno Award nominations.Besides this solo work, Gryner is also 1/3 of the Canadiana-roots trio Trent Severn, and will soon be embarking on a new musical project with the aforementioned Joe Elliot.Perhaps her best-known musical collaboration was with Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield on h is wildly popular version of Bowie’s Space Oddity, which he performed from the International Space Station and became a viral sensation on YouTube.Kelly continues to write, record and perform with a host of acts, including 1980s Canadian rock icons such as Honeymoon Suite and Lee Aaron. In 2014 he penned the book Metal on Ice which looked at the largely under-appreciated hard rock and heavy metal scene in Canada.Much like The Eurythmics and Roxette (to reference a couple of wildly successful 1980s bands), Trapper is a duo, but both Gryner and Kelly say they will be mining their impressive array of musical pals to populate this musical juggernaut once they hit the road.“I know a lot of people who would see this as a lot of fun and would want to dive right in with us,” said Kelly.“I can’t wait to bring Trapper to life on stage. At 14 I wanted nothing more than to be a bass player in a kick-ass rock band. So my 14-year-old self is on cloud nine right now,” Gryner added.With a repertoire of dozens of covers and new original music just bursting forth from this serendipitous musical pairing, Trapper is poised to be nothin’ but a good time for fans who love their rock loud, fun, sexy and unforgettable.Jim Barber.

Album:

“A true celebration of the grandiose, anthemic and breathtakingly fun hard rock music of the 1980s, Trapper brings together two of Canada’s brightest creative lights in a project that neither parrots nor parodies the genre that left an indelible stamp on millions of fans and pop culture.” Well, when you start off a bio like that you had better be able to back it up is all I can say! Oh wait, they certainly can back it up. Trapper is the melding of the minds between guitarist/songwriter Sean Kelly whose resume includes working with not only big names in “Canadian Rock Royalty” such as Helix, Honeymoon Suite, Lee Aaron, Carl Dixon (Coney Hatch), but also Gilby Clarke (Guns ‘N Roses) and Rudy Sarzo (Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne) and Emm Gryner who is a powerfully evocative singer/songwriter with 18 solo albums to her credit and admirers around the world, including the likes U2‘s Bono, Def Leppard singer Joe Elliot, David Bowie (for whom she performed as part of his backing band for a number of years) and Nelly Furtado (for whom Kelly has been the guitarist since 2009). You may also know Sean Kelly‘s name as the author of the 2014 book Metal on Ice which looked at the largely under-appreciated hard rock and heavy metal scene in Canada. The Metal On Ice book and the resulting EP had a big impact for Decibel Geek writer Wallygator Norton: Metal On Ice-October 22 is Now Hoser Heavy Metal Day.Emm_GrynerThe listening link sent to me by Sean Kelly himself began with “Your Love”. Not sure at first what I would be listening to with Trapper, just knowing I was a Sean Kelley fan, I was surprised to hear this cover version of the 1985 hit by The Outfield. I must say Gryner really does have a captivating voice and it really does sound like she’s putting everything she has into this song. “Technology Killed Our Love”, what I believe is an original song, is up next and has the guitar talents and sounds of Mr. Kelly more in the forefront, a great accompaniment to Gryner‘s vocal prowess. Probably the pick of the litter for me here. In the third slot we find “The Warrior”, another cover, and basically just a great song that always gives me the feeling of summer (something Trapper are trying to do according to the press release, well it actually really worked well for me!). Did you know that this song was SeanKellyoriginally recorded by a band called Scandal and not Pat Benetar, it always surprises me how many people don’t actually know that. Following that we get “Grand Bender”, a groovy little rocker and another original composition written by Kelly and Gryner. While it’s catchy in some respects and I can relate to some of the lyrical subject matter, there’s something about it that I just don’t take to personally. I’ve included the official lyric video below, so let me know what you think. “Lonely Hearts”, another hook-laden original, finishes off the five track Go For The Heart EP in fine fashion, the whole affair holding up to Trapper‘s aim to “bring that sense of grandeur and energy that made 1980’s rock so much fun and such a positive experience for so many people.”Sean_EmmSean Kelly says: “Trapper is neither a tribute act nor a cover band, but a truly organic creative force that will continue to write and record original material with that distinctly 1980s hard rock vibe, as well offering up their interpretations of other ‘lost’ 1980s rock gems. And the 1980s mentality is going to permeate every aspect of the band’s presentation.” Awesome. Earlier in May Trapper had a marvelous opportunity to open up for Def Leppard on some Canadian tour dates including Ottawa, Montreal and London and surely more high profile gigs are on the horizon. I look forward to hearing more of this “feel-good” band in the future and now that they’re on my radar, hopefully, a live experience is in m

Line Up:

Mark Sweeney - vocals
Scott Leach - lead and rhythm guitar
Dany Schaellibaum - bass
Tom Graber - keyboards, rhythm guitar
Marcel Sardella - drums

Tracklist:

01. Lonely Hearts
02. Technology Killed Our Love
03. Grand Bender
04. The Warrior
05. Your Love

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Trapper (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Nov 2021, 06:11

Trapper - Songs From The Electric North (EP) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Female Vocal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 80 mb

Bio:

Canadian rock band that plays 1980’s style melodic hard rock.A true celebration of the grandiose, anthemic and breathtakingly fun hard rock music of the 1980s, Trapper brings together two of Canada’s brightest creative lights in a project that neither parrots nor parodies the genre that left an indelible stamp on millions of fans and pop culture.Already aware of one another’s impressive careers and credentials as artists, all it took was a few social media exchanges to lead to what is now a blossoming musical partnership between guitar hero Sean Kelly and critically-acclaimed songstress Emm Gryner.Kelly boasts an impressive, genre-defying pedigree as a player and songwriter that includes a host of classical guitar albums, a popular retro-glam band called Crash Kelly, as well as recording, writing and/or live work with the likes of Helix, Honeymoon Suite, Lee Aaron, Carl Dixon (Coney Hatch), Gilby Clarke (Guns ‘N Roses) and Rudy Sarzo (Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne).Gryner is a powerfully evocative singer/songwriter with 18 solo albums to her credit and admirers around the world, including the likes U2s Bono, Def Leppard singer Joe Elliot, David Bowie (for whom she performed as part of his backing band for a number of years) and Nelly Furtado.Coincidentally, Kelly has also been Furtado’s guitarist since 2009, so it seemed as though serendipity played a huge role in the meeting of these two musical minds.Both Kelly and Gryner have happily embraced a variety of styles throughout their respective careers, but found they both had a desire to immerse themselves in the music that was so impactful in their own youthful musical journeys.“I knew of Emm and her name has been resonating within a circle of friends for some time. One night I heard her song North on the radio and Tweeted about it. She Tweeted back when she saw that I have been playing with both Nelly and Helix. The conversation started right there and here we are today,” said Kelly.“We started talking and that quickly turned into us sending song ideas back and forth. It turned out that we both love the 1980s era of music so much. And there are a lot of forgotten songs from that time period that we want to revisit,” added Gryner.“We felt we could also write some songs that sound as though they came straight out of 1986. And that’s what we have done.”Towards the end of 2014, Trapper released a cassette single that featured a cover of the Scandal hit The Warrior as well as an original song that was a playful ode to the southern summer party scene of the 1980s – Grand Bender.“I want Trapper’s music to kind of represent that summer lifestyle – that experience that so many of us had growing up. There were all the great outdoor concerts, trips to the beach, bush parties. People remember that time in the 1980s with such fondness,” said Gryner.Trapper is neither a tribute act nor a cover band, but a truly organic creative force that will continue to write and record original material with that distinctly 1980s hard rock vibe, as well offering up their interpretations of other ‘lost’ 1980s rock gems. And the 1980s mentality is going to permeate every aspect of the band’s presentation.“We grew up with this stuff and we learned it well. We have the chops to pull this off like few other bands could. With my experience with Nelly and Emm’s time as part of David Bowie’s band in the early 2000s, we have developed a certain acumen with our stagecraft and showmanship,” Kelly asserted.“We want to bring that sense of grandeur and energy that made 1980s rock so much fun and such a positive experience for so many people.”Trapper adds yet another dimension to Gryner’s prolific and remarkably diverse and enduring career. Her solo material has always been eclectic, melodic, highly literate and refreshingly unfettered by formula or slavish trendiness. She has garnered a loyal, worldwide fan base as well as two Juno Award nominations.Besides this solo work, Gryner is also 1/3 of the Canadiana-roots trio Trent Severn, and will soon be embarking on a new musical project with the aforementioned Joe Elliot.Perhaps her best-known musical collaboration was with Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield on h is wildly popular version of Bowie’s Space Oddity, which he performed from the International Space Station and became a viral sensation on YouTube.Kelly continues to write, record and perform with a host of acts, including 1980s Canadian rock icons such as Honeymoon Suite and Lee Aaron. In 2014 he penned the book Metal on Ice which looked at the largely under-appreciated hard rock and heavy metal scene in Canada.Much like The Eurythmics and Roxette (to reference a couple of wildly successful 1980s bands), Trapper is a duo, but both Gryner and Kelly say they will be mining their impressive array of musical pals to populate this musical juggernaut once they hit the road.“I know a lot of people who would see this as a lot of fun and would want to dive right in with us,” said Kelly.“I can’t wait to bring Trapper to life on stage. At 14 I wanted nothing more than to be a bass player in a kick-ass rock band. So my 14-year-old self is on cloud nine right now,” Gryner added.With a repertoire of dozens of covers and new original music just bursting forth from this serendipitous musical pairing, Trapper is poised to be nothin’ but a good time for fans who love their rock loud, fun, sexy and unforgettable.Jim Barber.

Album:

Canadian rockers TRAPPER are releasing their new album ”Songs From The Electric North”. This is the band of guitarist Sean Kelly whose resume includes working with not only big names in “Canadian Rock Royalty” such as Lee Aaron, Helix, Honeymoon Suite, but also Gilby Clarke and Rudy Sarzo.TRAPPER is female-fronted act, featuring Emm Gryner who is a powerfully evocative singer/songwriter with 18 solo albums to her credit and admirers around the world, including the likes U2‘s Bono, Def Leppard singer Joe Elliot, David Bowie (for whom she performed as part of his backing band for a number of years) and more.As fan of Sean Kelly’s guitar work on various classic ’80s albums, we needed to listen to ”Songs From The Electric North”. And TRAPPER doesn’t disappoints: Gryner really does have a captivating voice, and Sean serves that catchy riffs and melodious solos with his familiar quality playing and set-up sound.Both Kelly and Gryner have happily embraced a variety of styles throughout their respective careers, but found they both had a desire to immerse themselves in the music that was so impactful in their own youthful musical journeys; grandiose, anthemic and breathtakingly fun hard rock music of the ’80s.since born, TRAPPER performed with the best in the business and even toured Europe invited by Def Leppard to be their support act.TRAPPER takes the style from the ’80s but recorded with a modern, punchy production sound.If you are looking to recapture the songs of your youth yet want something new then look no further, this is it. ‘Songs From The Electric North’ among the best 80s style female fronted melodic hard rock you will hear all year.You’ll be surprised by Emm Gryner impressive vocals (she’s really awesome) and well, Sean Kelly is simply among the best on the electric six-strings, and here he play a lot, I mean, a lot guitar!

Line Up:

Emm Gryner – vocals, bass
Sean Kelly – guitar
Jordan Kern – bass
Dave Betts, Tim Timleck – drums

Tracklist:

01. Winterlong
02. Almost Forever
03. Bye Bye Mon Cowboy
04. You Need An Angel
05. New Year's Day
06. Illégal

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných