The Fools (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Fools (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Sep 2020, 08:15

The Fools - Heavy Mental (1981)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1981
Style : Rock , Power Pop
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 121 mb

Bio:

The Fools are a Massachusetts rock band best known for the party atmosphere of their live performances and tongue-in-cheek original songs, covers and parodies. Hailing from Ipswich, Massachusetts, the band was previously named "The Rhythm A's", where future Nervous Eaters' Steve Cataldo, Robb Skeen, and Jeff Wilkinson were joined by singer Mike Girard and guitarist Rich Bartlett. By 1976, Girard and Bartlett teamed up with Stacey Pedrick (guitar), Doug Forman (bass), and Chris Pedrick (drums), becoming The Fools.In 1979, the band released "Psycho Chicken", a parody of The Talking Heads' "Psycho Killer", and it was an immediate hit on Boston radio stations.The group followed it up with "It's a Night for Beautiful Girls," which peaked at #67 on the Billboard charts. EMI signed the band and sent them on a U.S. tour with The Knack.Shortly after, they recorded their debut album, Sold Out.In 1981, the band released their second album Heavy Mental, which featured a cover of Roy Orbison's "Running Scared" that reached #50 on the Billboard Hot 100. That year, The Fools were the opening band for Van Halen on their Fair Warning tour.Shortly before being dropped by EMI, Chris Pedrick departed and was replaced by drummer Leo Black. Shortly after, Forman decided to leave, his void filled by bassist Joe Holaday.In 1985, The Fools released World Dance Party on the independent label PVC.[4] Four of the album's songs - "World Dance Party", "Life Sucks...Then You Die", "She Makes Me Feel Big", and a remake of Manfred Mann's "Doo Wah Diddy" - received considerable radio airplay throughout New England and the video for "Doo Wah Diddy" was shown extensively on MTV.In 2003, after seven years of part-time duty, the band returned to a full schedule. Bassist Lou Spagnola had replaced Joe Holaday, who by then was working with the Beatles tribute band Beatlejuice. Holaday does, however, continue to make occasional appearances with the band.In 2010, Mike Girard's book Psycho Chicken & Other Foolish Tales published by Sons of Liberty Publishers hit the stores, which outlined the sometimes hilarious history of the band. The band continues to tour today.In February 2012, Lou Spagnola left the band and was then replaced by Bassist Eric Adamson.

Album:

Originally I was fearful that this post was going to be much shorter than usual. Has there ever been an album that you used to listen to many years ago but now a days seems to have vanished from the face of the earth? For me, it was the “Heavy Mental” album by The Fools.This was another album I came across when I was home on leave after six months away. My friend Frank introduced me to it and he used to play it all the time when riding in his car. Therefore, I heard it a lot over two weeks in 1981 and though I haven’t heard it again before today, the album has always stuck in my mind. Now that I have heard it again, I regret not buying this album from Frank when he was selling off all of his music collection as a result of him finding Jesus.This is a brilliant album, kind of heavy metal meets Weird Al Yankovic. BTW, I will be visiting all of his album when they come up down the line. The lyrics of each song are just total parody here. I really like those in the songs “Alibi” and “Lost Number” but each song has a catchy hard rock feel which gets you banging away to it even if you aren’t paying attention to the lyrics. Thus it dispels the myth that people who create humorous songs lack music talent. (Never say that around a Zappa fan.) “What I Tell Myself” is proof of this and then there’s the cover of Roy Orbison’s “Running Scared.” It might have been a serious song for Roy, but The Fools add their own little silly touch too it and still make the playing of it sound good. My conclusion is that Christ, I have to get this album for myself. No offense Frank.

Line Up:

Doug Forman - bass, lead vocal on Last Cadillac on Earth
Chris Pedrick - drums
Stacey Pedrick - guitar
Richard Bartlett - lead guitar
Michael Girard - lead vocals

production:

Recorded at Conway Recording Studio, Los Angeles
Mixed at A&R Studios, New York
Trak names appear in Spanish and English in label and sleeve
Edited and printed by EMI-Ordeon, S.A. Barcelona, Spain

Tracklist:

01. Mind Control
02. Dressed in White
03. Around the Block
04. Local Talent
05. Lost Number
06. What I Tell Myself
07. Last Cadillac On Earth
08. Come Home With Me
09. Running Scared
10. Tell Me You Love Me
11. Alibi
12. What I Tell Myself (Single Edit) (Bonus Track)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 20 neregistrovaných