Angelica (CAN)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Angelica (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Feb 2020, 11:25

Angelica - Angelica (1989) (Girder Records ‎Remastered Edition 2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Girder Records ‎Remastered Edition 2019)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Christian Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 125 mb

Bio:

Revolving around the guitar-playing and songwriting abilities of Dennis Cameron, this Canadian Christian rock band issued three albums in the late 80s and early 90s. Angelica featured Cameron, Robert Pallet (bass), Scott Ernest (drums) and Andy Lyon (vocals), whose influences such as Dokken and Rainbow were obvious. Walkin' In Faith achieved a measure of crossover support from the secular heavy rock fraternity, impressed by Cameron’s guitar playing, the quality of songs such as the title track and the vocal abilities of new singer Jerome Mazza (Ernest was replaced by session men on the album). The release of Rock, Stock & Barrel the following year suggested that the standard of Walkin' In Faith was unlikely to be reproduced, and no further albums have been released.“If there’s anything that I could tell kids that might be watching or that might listen to the records is that–It’s just how God has worked in my life. God has really only worked in my life in times that I’ve been brought to a point in my life where I had to just give everything up. Especially in a position where I didn’t know what I was going to do next, I just had to walk in faith–and trust in Him. Those were the times that God really came through. Being in a Christian rock band isn’t the fame and the glory that it might seen to be to some people because we get media attention. This is the fun part of it. This happens maybe two hours out of the whole year, and the rest of the year it’s a real warfare. Anytime you step out to do something for the Lord you can really get pounded on, by the enemy or just by the world–because it’s not as easily accepted. If it’s one thing I could tell kids it’s just hang in there; don’t forsake or compromise your faith or your beliefs for the world or for anything. In a troubled time, knowing that I’ve gone through them–and I go through them almost weekly–just trust in the Lord. He’ll pull you through it. He did for me. ~Dennis Cameron” Here are the personal thoughts of Dennis Cameron about “Angelica”: “Angelica started as a vision that I had for an ideal band full of believer musicians. The experience making the first album was to be the “Awakening” for me both as a musician and as a professional. Here’s a lesson that I hope any readers can learn from.The first Angelica album was recorded in Costa Mesa, California with the starting line-up of: Andy Lyon, Scott Ernest, Bob Pallen and myself. The finishing line-up for the album was a little different . While in the pre-production stage of making the first album, Andy Lyon, the vocalist (more likely from a lack of experience on all our parts) chose to view the the opportunity to prepare for recording with less enthusiasm than the rest of the band. The result being that after a couple of days of having Ken Tamplin push him in his performance (as Ken was hired to produce the vocals on the album) that the singer “burned out”.At this point, (as humbling as it is to say) we were in need of a singer to salvage the (what was now being refered to as the Dennis Cameron) project. We now needed to find someone to finish out the album. Ken had suggested two replacements, Bob Carlisle or Rob Rock. Having once been a proud owner and fan of the Driver album (Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, Tony MacAlpine and Rob Rock) Rob was the easy pick of the two to best suite the music style. At the time of recording, Rob was in the process of regrouping a new version of Driver and was rehearsing and recording with them as well as doing the session work for Angelica. What a trooper he was! I can remember Rob coming to the sessions with this big red swollen throat saying that he had just come from Driver rehearsals and that he was pumped and ready. Not withholding, Rob would assume his best Iron Maiden pose in the vocal booth and trek on with our sessions.Rob’s voice was in a higher range than Andy’s, which meant that some of the vocal melodies had to be reworked to fit his voice. For example, the original version of “Shine On Me” melody started on a major 3rd, but was transposed to the 5th for Rob. We finished the album a couple of weeks late due to all the mayhem and I returned home (Ontario, Canada) wondering how I was going to continue with this band under these circumstances.”

Album:

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of this, their self-titled first album, ANGELICA got a remastered reissue of their first three albums. Co-produced by Dennis Cameron and Ken Tamplin (Shout), this debut “Angelica” features awesome singer Rob Rock (Driver, Impellitteri et all) the album become very successful at CCM market, and a cult classic among late ’80s Melodic Hard Rock fans in general.Angelica in my opinion is the best of the four albums Cameron released under the Angelica moniker. It comes down to songwriting from how the album includes many of my favorite Angelica cuts; performance stands out equally from the unbeatable guitarist and vocalist combination of Cameron and Rock. If into melodic metal or any of the projects in which Rock has participated - Joshua, Impellitteri, Driver and his solo material - then Angelica comes with a strong recommendation. Looking ahead, I would like to encourage Cameron to put together ten to eleven equally good melodic metal and hard rock cuts and then touch basis with Rob Rock to complete the final piece to the puzzle.

Line Up:

Rob Rock - Lead Vocals
Dennis Cameron - Guitars
Robert Pallen - Bass
Scott Ernest - Drums

Guest Musicians:

Ken Tamplin - Lead Vocals
Mark Hugenberger - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. There's Only One Hero 4:05
02. Are You Satisfied 3:30
03. I Believe 3:45
04. Danger Zone 3:42
05. Shine On Me 3:05
06. Only A Man 3:40
07. One Step at a Time 3:31
08. Will I Ever Learn 3:20
09. Take Me 3:32
10. Ahh! 3:00
11. S.O.S. 3:50
12. Face to Face 3:23

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Angelica (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Feb 2020, 11:25

Angelica - Walkin' In Faith (1990) (Girder Records ‎Remastered Edition 2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Girder Records ‎Remastered Edition 2019)
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Revolving around the guitar-playing and songwriting abilities of Dennis Cameron, this Canadian Christian rock band issued three albums in the late 80s and early 90s. Angelica featured Cameron, Robert Pallet (bass), Scott Ernest (drums) and Andy Lyon (vocals), whose influences such as Dokken and Rainbow were obvious. Walkin' In Faith achieved a measure of crossover support from the secular heavy rock fraternity, impressed by Cameron’s guitar playing, the quality of songs such as the title track and the vocal abilities of new singer Jerome Mazza (Ernest was replaced by session men on the album). The release of Rock, Stock & Barrel the following year suggested that the standard of Walkin' In Faith was unlikely to be reproduced, and no further albums have been released.“If there’s anything that I could tell kids that might be watching or that might listen to the records is that–It’s just how God has worked in my life. God has really only worked in my life in times that I’ve been brought to a point in my life where I had to just give everything up. Especially in a position where I didn’t know what I was going to do next, I just had to walk in faith–and trust in Him. Those were the times that God really came through. Being in a Christian rock band isn’t the fame and the glory that it might seen to be to some people because we get media attention. This is the fun part of it. This happens maybe two hours out of the whole year, and the rest of the year it’s a real warfare. Anytime you step out to do something for the Lord you can really get pounded on, by the enemy or just by the world–because it’s not as easily accepted. If it’s one thing I could tell kids it’s just hang in there; don’t forsake or compromise your faith or your beliefs for the world or for anything. In a troubled time, knowing that I’ve gone through them–and I go through them almost weekly–just trust in the Lord. He’ll pull you through it. He did for me. ~Dennis Cameron” Here are the personal thoughts of Dennis Cameron about “Angelica”: “Angelica started as a vision that I had for an ideal band full of believer musicians. The experience making the first album was to be the “Awakening” for me both as a musician and as a professional. Here’s a lesson that I hope any readers can learn from.The first Angelica album was recorded in Costa Mesa, California with the starting line-up of: Andy Lyon, Scott Ernest, Bob Pallen and myself. The finishing line-up for the album was a little different . While in the pre-production stage of making the first album, Andy Lyon, the vocalist (more likely from a lack of experience on all our parts) chose to view the the opportunity to prepare for recording with less enthusiasm than the rest of the band. The result being that after a couple of days of having Ken Tamplin push him in his performance (as Ken was hired to produce the vocals on the album) that the singer “burned out”.At this point, (as humbling as it is to say) we were in need of a singer to salvage the (what was now being refered to as the Dennis Cameron) project. We now needed to find someone to finish out the album. Ken had suggested two replacements, Bob Carlisle or Rob Rock. Having once been a proud owner and fan of the Driver album (Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, Tony MacAlpine and Rob Rock) Rob was the easy pick of the two to best suite the music style. At the time of recording, Rob was in the process of regrouping a new version of Driver and was rehearsing and recording with them as well as doing the session work for Angelica. What a trooper he was! I can remember Rob coming to the sessions with this big red swollen throat saying that he had just come from Driver rehearsals and that he was pumped and ready. Not withholding, Rob would assume his best Iron Maiden pose in the vocal booth and trek on with our sessions.Rob’s voice was in a higher range than Andy’s, which meant that some of the vocal melodies had to be reworked to fit his voice. For example, the original version of “Shine On Me” melody started on a major 3rd, but was transposed to the 5th for Rob. We finished the album a couple of weeks late due to all the mayhem and I returned home (Ontario, Canada) wondering how I was going to continue with this band under these circumstances.”

Album:

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of their first album, ANGELICA got a remastered reissue of their first three albums. Originally released in 1990, the band’s second LP “Walkin’ In Faith” fully embraced the US Melodic Hard Rock + AOR sound of the era, and the album achieved a measure of crossover support from the secular heavy rock fraternity, impressed by Cameron’s guitar playing, Jerome Mazza’s smooth vocals and the catchy nature of the songs.This remastered reissue features as well a slightly different artwork.

Line Up:

Jerome Mazza – lead and backing vocals
Dennis Cameron – guitars, drums, backing vocals
Robert Pallen – bass, backing vocals

Executive Producer: Greg Hays
Remastered by Rob Colwell at Bombworks Sound
Layout & Design: Girder Records

Tracklist:

01. Walkin' in Faith 4:41
02. Hold On 4:28
03. All I Can Do 4:49
04. Soul Search 4:11
05. Time and Time Again 4:13
06. Sing and Shout 4:26
07. Set Me Free 4:33
08. Not Too Late 5:19
09. Bring Into Being 4:41
10. Harvest 3:21

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Feb 2020, 11:26

Angelica - Without Words (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Audio : 320 kbps + front

Bio:

Album:

Angelica is the brainchild of guitarist extraordinaire, Dennis Cameron and is a Christian Melodic Hard Rock/Metal AOR band. Angelica debuted in 1989 and signed a 5 album deal with Frontline Music Group. Thirty Years after that first album and after a 27 year hiatus, Angelica and Dennis Cameron are back with a new album, Without Words. Dennis is a practitioner and is great at his craft. This new album comes not only by way of many hours in the studio but also with the 48 years of him honing his guitar chops.Dennis, who hails from Canada, is a prolific guitarist who was interviewed by nearly every music magazine in Japan. Sure their label was in the United States, but Dennis’s chops were recognized all over the world. He was often compared to some of the great guitarists in the Christian rock scene, but most correctly compared to the greatest mainstream guitarists of all time such as Hendrix, Clapton, Satriani and Steve Vai. His ability went way beyond “shredding”. His playing came with feeling, emotion and a sense of timing that allowed him to reach way past a great guitar solo, something he wears as a badge of honor. “Knowing music theory and practicing to be a good guitar player are only small parts of the formula for making good music”, Dennis states, “I spend just as much, if not more, time working on my writing, engineering and producing than I do just working on my guitar playing.”Dennis first picked up guitar 48 years ago at the young age of 6. Now 54 years of age, he leaves nothing off record and lets his guitar and fingers do the talking for him.Words cannot describe what you’ll be listing to. Literally, there are no words, it’s just Dennis and Co. doing what he does best and what few are able to accomplish; create an album of entire songs around 6 strings of amazement. It has the Angelica sound that you’d expect, melodic with some serious drive and crunch. You won’t be able to stop listening to “Without Words”, it’s ‘all in’ with hooks galore and top notch production.

Line Up:

Andy Lyon - vocals
Dennis Cameron - guitar, bass, drums
Scott Bean - backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. WWIII
02. Wasteland
03. The Remnant
04. Just Amazing
05. Tetelestai
06. Psalm 91
07. Dead Come Alive
08. Found My Way
09. Gumbo
10. Chick'n Pick'n

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Feb 2020, 07:29

Angelica - Rock, Stock & Barrel (1991) (Girder Records ‎Remastered Edition 2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Girder Records ‎Remastered Edition 2019)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video

Bio:

Album:

We just presented here ANGELICA‘s first two albums in remastered form, now it’s time for the band’s third effort, 1991’s “Rock, Stock & Barrel”, boasting a vibrant sound and a refreshed artwork.This, the band’s third album, following the 1989 self-titled release and 1990’s ‘Walkin’ In Faith’, is perhaps the most AOR / Melodic Hard Rock oriented.At the time of the album’s original release, I saw the video for the single “Cover Me” before I heard the whole disc… it was quite different sounding from the prior two, much more melodious and AORish, and is still a highlight track for me to this day.Each of the first three Angelica releases had a different vocalist, and this time around, we find Drew Baca stepping up to the mic. Drew had previously worked with the band Roxway. His pipes are very clean.Dennis Cameron always provides amazing fret-work, but what really stands out on this release for me, is the well produced and pumping bass guitar tracks throughout.Robert Pallen’s bass guitar lines have stood out quite well on previous recordings, but this time around they just seem even more highlighted than before, played & recorded in the Billy Sheehan mode.All three of these Angelica early releases are really good late 80s US Melodic Hard Rock for different reasons and different strengths, each with their own slightly different style and flair and personality, but for me, “Rock, Stock & Barrel” is just the pinnacle of the strong trilogy.The reason? Simple; the AOR factor is more present than before.This line-up brought the goods in every way.Kudos to Girder Music for the remastering of Angelica’s albums, for a new generation to enjoy as much as those of us do who were around the initial times these were released.Grab these limited edition releases before they are gone.

Line Up:

Drew Baca - lead vocals
Dennis Cameron - guitar, backing vocals
Robert Pallen - bass, backing vocals
Bobby Lawrence - drums

Tracklist:

01. The Fire Inside 4:23
02. Someone to Believe in Me 4:46
03. Cover Me 4:54
04. Home Sweet Heaven 4:55
05. A Little Love 3:57
06. Sail Away 4:11
07. Keep Pushin' On 4:46
08. Bumble Boob Groove 1:52
09. Rhyme and Reason 3:52
10. Without Words 4:26
11. Oh Canada 1:46

+ Video "Cover Me" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 26 Feb 2020, 07:56

Angelica - The Demo Sessions (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019

Bio:

Album:

After the complete ANGELICA albums remastered feature here at 0dayrox, here’s the companion album released at the same time titled “The Demo Sessions [Remastered Tapes]”, including previously unreleased material pre-production demo recordings with Andy Lyon, the original lead singer of Angelica. These 9 songs were recorded before founder Dennis Cameron landed his record deal.The sound quality is excellent, and the songs second half of the ’80s glam melodic hard rock with catchy choruses.The first 5 Songs (Demo One) were presented to the label. The last 4 (Demo Two) are their second demo that the label requested, giving them enough for a full album. The songs here are in the same order as found on the two original demo cassette tapes presented to the executives.‘S.O.S.’ has an incredible “Amazing Grace” guitar addition at the end. The Song “One Step” was later changed to “One Step at a Time”, and “Statisfied” was later changed to “Are You Satisfied”.Angelica’s debut album went on to become one of CCM Rock’s greatest classics and was recorded with Rob Rock (Joshua) at vocals. These early versions with Andy Lyon at the mic are really interesting, more melodic / radio friendly.Dennis Cameron searched high and low for the original Angelica demo tapes. After locating them, he was able to dust off his old gear and get them back to a place of being remastered.The result is “The Demo Sessions [Remastered Tapes]”, as said, very well recorded / mixed material to fans of late 80s US glammy hard rock to enjoy.

Line Up:

Andy Lyon - vocals
Dennis Cameron - guitar, bass, drums
Scott Bean - backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Shine On Me
02. Will I Ever Learn
03. Take Me
04. Only A Man
05. S.O.S. – Amazing Grace
06. One Step
07. I Believe
08. Satisfied
09. Danger Zone

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných