Faster Pussycat (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Faster Pussycat (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Okt 2018, 09:45

Faster Pussycat - Faster Pussycat (1987) (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)
Style : Glam Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Faster Pussycat is an American glam metal band from Los Angeles, California formed in 1986. The group was most successful during the late 1980s with their self-titled debut album, their 1989 gold album Wake Me When It's Over and the 80,000 selling Whipped! in 1992.

Early Years (1986–1987):
Faster Pussycat was formed in Hollywood by Taime Downe during the Glam metal boom of the 1980s, the earliest incarnation of the band featured Downe and Greg Steele along with Brent Muscat. The name of the band, "Faster Pussycat", is derived from the Russ Meyer film Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!.After much fluctuation of early lineup, Faster Pussycat consisted of Taime Downe (vocals), Greg Steele (guitar), Brent Muscat (guitar), Kelly Nickels (bass) and Mark Michals (drums).Before recording their debut album, Nickels left the group and was replaced by Eric Stacy (ex-Champagne).

Rise to fame (1987–1993):
The band released their debut album Faster Pussycat in 1987. The band managed to build a cult following and put out two promotional videos from the first album for the songs "Bathroom Wall" and "Don't Change That Song". In November 1987 the band appeared on the cover of Screamer Magazine's debut issue. Says David Castagno, the magazine's Publisher/Editor and now host of RadioScreamer, "Faster Pussycat will always hold a special place in my heart." In the United States the band toured with Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth, and Motörhead in support of the album.Also in 1987, Faster Pussycat appeared in the Rockumentary film, The Decline of Western Civilization part 2 - The Metal Years. The band was interviewed at some length and performed live versions of "Cathouse" and "Bathroom Wall".Two years later, Faster Pussycat would record their most successful album Wake Me When It's Over. The album received gold status; its sales being largely boosted by the hit single, "House of Pain". Music videos were also produced for "House of Pain" and "Poison Ivy". While the band were touring for the album in 1990, drummer Mark Michals was arrested in Omaha, Nebraska for trying to mail heroin to his hotel room and was subsequently kicked out of the band.Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot filled in as drummer for the remainder of the tour, then Brett Bradshaw became Faster Pussycat's new long-term drummer. Tours with KISS and Mötley Crüe followed.In 1990, they recorded a cover of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" for a compilation called Rubáiyát: Elektra's 40th Anniversary. A video was also filmed for this track. The song was also later included on the 1992 Belted, Buckled And Booted EP, which served as the single for "Nonstop To Nowhere" and also included two unreleased tracks.In 1992 they released their third album, Whipped!, which peaked at No. 90 on the charts.

Break-up (1993):
In 1993, Faster Pussycat broke up, and all members went their separate ways into various projects.Downe was involved with industrial musical act Pigface before expanding on the darker themes started on Whipped!, by forming his own industrial rock act with Kyle Kyle of Bang Tango called The Newlydeads.

Reunion and change of musical style (2001–2005):
In 2001 Faster Pussycat reformed featuring original members Downe (vocals), Muscat (guitar), Steele (guitar); alongside Downe's former Newlydeads bandmates Xristian Simon (guitar), Danny Nordahl (bass), and Chad Stewart (drums). Danny Nordahl had also played in The Throbs, and Nordahl and Chad Stewart both also play in Motochrist.A remix compilation Between the Valley of the Ultra Pussy was released the same year by the band, featuring industrial rock remixes of their classic tracks, along with a bonus cover of KISS' "I Was Made For Loving You". This divided fans as many of the band's older fanbase who enjoyed standard hard rock, were not familiar with industrial rock.Steele would leave the band halfway through the band's 2001 headlining reunion tour. Tracii Guns filled in as guitarist for the rest of the tour, but once the remaining dates were completed, Faster Pussycat continued as a five piece. Eric Griffin from Murderdolls, Synical, and eventually Wednesday 13, filled in as the guitarist for their United States tour due to Brent Muscat's scheduling conflicts.Muscat would return briefly until oral cancer sidelined him in late summer of 2005 and he was temporarily replaced by Michael Thomas which would end permanently when he chose not to return to the lineup.

Name dispute and Brent Muscat's Faster Pussycat line-up (2006–2007):
In December 2006, three former original Faster Pussycat members; Brent Muscat, Eric Stacy and Brett Bradshaw alongside The Underground Rebels vocalist Kurt Frohlich began performing under the name Faster Pussycat, creating two versions of the band both claiming to be the 'original'. Brent's claimed purpose for this was to allow fans to hear Faster Pussycat tracks played in the way they originally recorded, as opposed to the Industrial rock-themed version he said Downe continued to front. Brent also made a legal claim to the name 'Faster Pussycat'.They played the AVN Awards after-party at the Dive Bar in Las Vegas, Nevada. According to a press release, this version of the band — which did not include Downe — will perform "all classic tracks, no remixes, no B.S."Downe sent out a bulletin on MySpace saying Faster Pussycat was not playing in Vegas and Brent's version was a 'tribute band'.Brent responded by stating that he donated all his money and planned to donate a portion of any future earnings to cancer research. In various interviews Downe disputed Brent's version of events and indicated the issue was being dealt with via the courts.In February 2007, Brent issued these statements on his MySpace blog:"In 2000 Taime made an awful remix cd. It was not until Greg Steele and I threatened him with legal action that we were paid and invited to join our own band. In 2005 I was diagnosed with oral cancer. The band which I had been part of for 20 years all of a sudden replaced me and lied about my condition. I was very hurt that Taime never bothered to call me once. As a result of Taime's drunken and erratic performances, the price for Faster Pussycat live performances plummeted and fans have voiced their displeasure. I decided I would attempt to reunite the band to commemorate our 20th anniversary. I invited both Greg and Taime, (which is more than he did for me) but neither responded."In March 2007 Brent did an interview with an Italian publication which he stated:"I love Taime but I believe he is caught up in a dark, fake and lonely place, where the people around him kiss his ass and then talk shit behind his back.. They use him for his drugs and ride his coat tails... Hollywood has been dead for a few years now... I'm so glad I got away from there and moved to Las Vegas. What is most sad about this, is the fact that I'm one of Taime's only real friends and he is too messed up to see it."On April 21, 2007, Muscat circulated via MySpace an open invitation to Downe and Steele to reunite with him, Stacy and Bradshaw.There was no response from Downe. Brent's version of Faster Pussycat toured Europe in Spring 2007 with Kurt Frohlich replacing Downe on vocals along with Todd Kerns on guitar.In July 2007, Brent Muscat decided to drop the battle to use the name Faster Pussycat.Brent Muscat has since started a band called Sin City Sinners.Brent has stated in an interview "Faster Pussycat is dead".Downe has continued on with the name 'Faster Pussycat.' and this band performed at Rocklahoma July 2007. During their set, Downe went on a tirade to the crowd referencing Muscat's cancer, wishing he would die, which received a poor reception from both the crowd and journalists. He then cut their set short and left the stage without playing several of their biggest hits.Recent times (2008–present):Faster Pussycat toured the U.S. in the summer of 2008 with Tracii Guns' version of LA Guns.In the late spring of 2010 Ace Von Johson replaced Michael Thomas, who was devoting his full-time work to Adler's Appetite.

Album:

The 'Remastered & Reloaded' release by Rock Candy of FASTER PUSSYCAT's self-titled debut album offers the perfect excuse to revisit a record that had a massive impact on the LA's Sunset Strip Hard Rock scene history.Taking their influence from the roots of glam rock and fusing it with commercial eighties hard rock a pinch of punk, "Faster Pussycat" was the epitome of the sleazy American movement. Formed by a bunch of rock 'n' roll reprobates delivering lust-fuelled lyrics, back in a day this band appealed to those of us who dared to explore the darker side of the party metal explosion."Faster Pussycat" was released in the July of 1987, two weeks before a li'l ol' record called 'Appetite For Destruction' hit the shelves.With the line-up of Taime Downe on vocals, Mark Michals on drums, guitarists Greg Steele and Brent Muscat, and Kelly Nickels on bass, Faster Pussycat, then managed by Vicky Hamilton (who had managed both GN'R and Poison at early stages of their careers), secured a deal with Elektra Records and tapped up producer Ric Browde, who had just hit mega-pay dirt with Poison's 'Look What The Cat Dragged In'.Browde saw the band play at The Cathouse, the club run by Taime and roommate/future Headbanger's Ball presenter Riki Rachtman, and thought they were dreadful but felt that they had 'something' and agreed to work with them.Elektra, who were rumoured to be ready to pull the plug on the band before they had even recorded their debut, offered Browde and Faster Pussycat $20,000 to record a demo. Browde said that he could record an album for that and the band, now featuring bassist Eric Stacy as a replacement for (future LA Guns member) Kelly Nickels who was suffering from a particularly nasty motorcycle/asphalt interface, got to work.Although working under a tight budget and the band members inexperience in recording, the resulting album-shaped product obtained by Browde would be proof that the highly-rated knob-twiddler knew exactly what he was doing..."Don't Change That Song" opens the record with its immoral riff as an introduction, unveiling a whole new world of gutter-dirty rock 'n' roll, much more dirty and nasty than the typical hair metal fluff around those years. A near-perfect collision of Aerosmith and Hanoi Rocks, as successfully created in Dr. Browde's lewd laboratory, the song would benefit from a music video directed by none other than Russ Meyer himself, the clip showcasing the band members performing in front of the breast-happy auteur's lauded exercise in movie ultraviolence from where they stole their name, while top-heavy females salivated over a jukebox. Typical gaudy, trashy genius from Meyer, it suited the band and song perfectly.Caveman drums, throbbing bass and glitter guitar riffs ushered in "Bathroom Wall", a depraved tale of dating, '80s-style, "No Room For Emotion" adds a bluesy feel, and "Cathouse" sounds hot and bourbon-sodden.Featuring a guitar solo from MSG guitarist Mitch Perry - performed as a payback to Browde after the guitarist had run up a meaty phone bill while staying with the producer - "Babylon" is, arguably, the song most associated with Faster Pussycat when talking about this great debut. Browde claimed that the song was a 'piece of shit' before he messed around with it, but resulted into one of the most celebrated songs ever in the sleazy movement.The rockin' ball continues rolling with "Smash Alley", "Shooting You Down" with its lowdown 'n' dirty chugged riff, and the gang vocals of "City Has No Heart"."Ship Rolls In", the album's penultimate track, opens with a guitar lick that is so much of a love letter to the New York Dolls, and who couldn't love the lyrical genius smeared all over the record's final, and most Aerosmith-like, track "Bottle In Front Of Me"."Faster Pussycat" would peak at number 97 on the Billboard 200 in the States, the band not really hitting the heights (of chart success, at least) until sophomore album 'Wake Me When It's Over' went gold.But this debut is regarded by the fans as the true, dirty 'n sleazy Faster Pussycat, also included in Rock Hard magazine's book of The 500 Greatest Rock & Metal Albums of All Time.As usual with Rock Candy Records, "Faster Pussycat" has been remastered from the master tapes shaped from 24 BIT digital technology.

Line Up:

Ace Von Johnson - Guitar
Chad Stewart - Drums
Xristian Simon - Guitar
Danny Nordahl - Bass
Taime Downe - Vocals

Past members:

Greg Steele : Guitar
Mark Michals : Drums
Brent Muscat : Guitar
Eric Stacy : Bass
Brett Bradshaw : Drums
Michael Thomas : Guitar

Tracklist:

01. Don't Change That Song 03:37
02. Bathroom Wall 03:42
03. No Room for Emotion 03:57
04. Cathouse 03:43
05. Babylon 03:17
06. Smash Alley 03:31
07. Shooting You Down 03:48
08. City Has No Heart 04:20
09. Ship Rolls in 03:28
10. Bottle in Front of Me 03:03

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Faster Pussycat (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Jan 2019, 07:27

Faster Pussycat - Front Row For The Donkey Show (Digipak Edition) (2009)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2009
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Faster Pussycat is an American glam metal band from Los Angeles, California formed in 1986. The group was most successful during the late 1980s with their self-titled debut album, their 1989 gold album Wake Me When It's Over and the 80,000 selling Whipped! in 1992.

Early Years (1986–1987):
Faster Pussycat was formed in Hollywood by Taime Downe during the Glam metal boom of the 1980s, the earliest incarnation of the band featured Downe and Greg Steele along with Brent Muscat. The name of the band, "Faster Pussycat", is derived from the Russ Meyer film Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!.After much fluctuation of early lineup, Faster Pussycat consisted of Taime Downe (vocals), Greg Steele (guitar), Brent Muscat (guitar), Kelly Nickels (bass) and Mark Michals (drums).Before recording their debut album, Nickels left the group and was replaced by Eric Stacy (ex-Champagne).

The band released their debut album Faster Pussycat in 1987. The band managed to build a cult following and put out two promotional videos from the first album for the songs "Bathroom Wall" and "Don't Change That Song". In November 1987 the band appeared on the cover of Screamer Magazine's debut issue. Says David Castagno, the magazine's Publisher/Editor and now host of RadioScreamer, "Faster Pussycat will always hold a special place in my heart." In the United States the band toured with Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth, and Motörhead in support of the album.Also in 1987, Faster Pussycat appeared in the Rockumentary film, The Decline of Western Civilization part 2 - The Metal Years. The band was interviewed at some length and performed live versions of "Cathouse" and "Bathroom Wall".Two years later, Faster Pussycat would record their most successful album Wake Me When It's Over. The album received gold status; its sales being largely boosted by the hit single, "House of Pain". Music videos were also produced for "House of Pain" and "Poison Ivy". While the band were touring for the album in 1990, drummer Mark Michals was arrested in Omaha, Nebraska for trying to mail heroin to his hotel room and was subsequently kicked out of the band.Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot filled in as drummer for the remainder of the tour, then Brett Bradshaw became Faster Pussycat's new long-term drummer. Tours with KISS and Mötley Crüe followed.In 1990, they recorded a cover of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" for a compilation called Rubáiyát: Elektra's 40th Anniversary. A video was also filmed for this track. The song was also later included on the 1992 Belted, Buckled And Booted EP, which served as the single for "Nonstop To Nowhere" and also included two unreleased tracks.In 1992 they released their third album, Whipped!, which peaked at No. 90 on the charts.

Break-up (1993):
In 1993, Faster Pussycat broke up, and all members went their separate ways into various projects.Downe was involved with industrial musical act Pigface before expanding on the darker themes started on Whipped!, by forming his own industrial rock act with Kyle Kyle of Bang Tango called The Newlydeads.

In 2001 Faster Pussycat reformed featuring original members Downe (vocals), Muscat (guitar), Steele (guitar); alongside Downe's former Newlydeads bandmates Xristian Simon (guitar), Danny Nordahl (bass), and Chad Stewart (drums). Danny Nordahl had also played in The Throbs, and Nordahl and Chad Stewart both also play in Motochrist.A remix compilation Between the Valley of the Ultra Pussy was released the same year by the band, featuring industrial rock remixes of their classic tracks, along with a bonus cover of KISS' "I Was Made For Loving You". This divided fans as many of the band's older fanbase who enjoyed standard hard rock, were not familiar with industrial rock.Steele would leave the band halfway through the band's 2001 headlining reunion tour. Tracii Guns filled in as guitarist for the rest of the tour, but once the remaining dates were completed, Faster Pussycat continued as a five piece. Eric Griffin from Murderdolls, Synical, and eventually Wednesday 13, filled in as the guitarist for their United States tour due to Brent Muscat's scheduling conflicts.Muscat would return briefly until oral cancer sidelined him in late summer of 2005 and he was temporarily replaced by Michael Thomas which would end permanently when he chose not to return to the lineup.

In December 2006, three former original Faster Pussycat members; Brent Muscat, Eric Stacy and Brett Bradshaw alongside The Underground Rebels vocalist Kurt Frohlich began performing under the name Faster Pussycat, creating two versions of the band both claiming to be the 'original'. Brent's claimed purpose for this was to allow fans to hear Faster Pussycat tracks played in the way they originally recorded, as opposed to the Industrial rock-themed version he said Downe continued to front. Brent also made a legal claim to the name 'Faster Pussycat'.They played the AVN Awards after-party at the Dive Bar in Las Vegas, Nevada. According to a press release, this version of the band — which did not include Downe — will perform "all classic tracks, no remixes, no B.S."Downe sent out a bulletin on MySpace saying Faster Pussycat was not playing in Vegas and Brent's version was a 'tribute band'.Brent responded by stating that he donated all his money and planned to donate a portion of any future earnings to cancer research. In various interviews Downe disputed Brent's version of events and indicated the issue was being dealt with via the courts.In February 2007, Brent issued these statements on his MySpace blog:"In 2000 Taime made an awful remix cd. It was not until Greg Steele and I threatened him with legal action that we were paid and invited to join our own band. In 2005 I was diagnosed with oral cancer. The band which I had been part of for 20 years all of a sudden replaced me and lied about my condition. I was very hurt that Taime never bothered to call me once. As a result of Taime's drunken and erratic performances, the price for Faster Pussycat live performances plummeted and fans have voiced their displeasure. I decided I would attempt to reunite the band to commemorate our 20th anniversary. I invited both Greg and Taime, (which is more than he did for me) but neither responded."In March 2007 Brent did an interview with an Italian publication which he stated:"I love Taime but I believe he is caught up in a dark, fake and lonely place, where the people around him kiss his ass and then talk shit behind his back.. They use him for his drugs and ride his coat tails... Hollywood has been dead for a few years now... I'm so glad I got away from there and moved to Las Vegas. What is most sad about this, is the fact that I'm one of Taime's only real friends and he is too messed up to see it."On April 21, 2007, Muscat circulated via MySpace an open invitation to Downe and Steele to reunite with him, Stacy and Bradshaw.There was no response from Downe. Brent's version of Faster Pussycat toured Europe in Spring 2007 with Kurt Frohlich replacing Downe on vocals along with Todd Kerns on guitar.In July 2007, Brent Muscat decided to drop the battle to use the name Faster Pussycat.Brent Muscat has since started a band called Sin City Sinners.Brent has stated in an interview "Faster Pussycat is dead".Downe has continued on with the name 'Faster Pussycat.' and this band performed at Rocklahoma July 2007. During their set, Downe went on a tirade to the crowd referencing Muscat's cancer, wishing he would die, which received a poor reception from both the crowd and journalists. He then cut their set short and left the stage without playing several of their biggest hits.Recent times (2008–present):Faster Pussycat toured the U.S. in the summer of 2008 with Tracii Guns' version of LA Guns.In the late spring of 2010 Ace Von Johson replaced Michael Thomas, who was devoting his full-time work to Adler's Appetite.

Album:

Front Row for the Donkey Show is Faster Pussycat's first live album, released on July 7, 2009.Faster Pussycat‘s first live album, Front Row For The Donkey Show, was released in 2009 to lackluster commercial response, yet to much anticipated delight for long suffering fans of the band. The intrigue of this album is the stylistic offering of ‘new and old’, with several industrial-influenced songs from their 2006 studio release (after a fourteen year hiatus), peppered in with the classics from the late eighties and early nineties.Front Row For The Donkey Show kicks off in grinding, crunching fashion with the title track to their latest album “The Power & The Glory Hole”. After years of band breakups, bickering, line-up changes and ultimately territorial pissing over who was able to even perform under the Faster Pussycat name, Taime Downe prevailed as the last original Pussycat left standing. As the distinct and recognizable voice of the band, Downe shows that he still has the lungs and can incite a rock and roll riot with his gravelly, yet strangely seductive, vocals.The crowd applause gets louder and the raw energy more palatable with the familiar opening riff of “Cathouse” (dedicated to one of the most popular and hedonistic clubs on the Sunset Strip in the 80’s). For glam fans, hearing this song is like slipping into a well-worn glove, it just fits. Other than Taime‘s substitution of ‘whorehouse’ instead of ‘cathouse’ throughout, this sleaze classic feels as fresh as it did when it was first released.The album maintains a frenetic pace throughout, blitzing through Faster Pussycat classics like “Slip Of The Tongue” and “Where There’s A Whip There’s A Way”, with newer tracks like “Shut Up And Fuck” and “Porn Star” proving that Taime is just as obsessed with sex as ever. Front Row For The Donkey Show delivers this message loud and clear with slow, rhythmic tempos, catchy guitar licks and, as always, titillating lyrics.“House Of Pain”, the radio-friendly 80’s metal ballad and arguably the band’s most recognizable song, makes you want to pull out your lighter..er, cellphone, and swing your arms from side to side. While one would never describe Taime‘s vocals as particularly technical, he proves that he can still sing with raw, gut emotion when he wants to.Long-suffering fans were again rewarded with the timeless classic “Bathroom Wall”. Taime delivers his stripped-down, balls out message with hormone-infused fervor. Much like “Cathouse”, this 80’s anthem stands the test of time and is, hands-down, a crowd/fan favorite.The album concludes with a cover version (yawn) of the Rolling Stones‘ “It’s Only Rock And Roll”, yet sadly, does not introduce any new Faster Pussycat material. In spirit, I am not a big fan of live albums, but Front Row For The Donkey Show captured the essence of Faster Pussycat‘s diverse catalog of music to my satisfaction. Overall, this album does deliver; and while I do consider this album a ‘must have’, I’d still much rather see Taime Downe and former guitarist Brent Muscat kiss and make up!

Line Up:

Taime Downe – vocals and guitar
Michael Thomas – guitar
Xristian Simon – guitar
Danny Nordahl – bass
Chad Stewart – drums

Additional Musicians:

Ed Mundell – guitar (13)
Angela Bruyere – background vocals (13)
Charlie Overbey – background vocals (13)

Production:

Produced by Taime Downe.

Tracklist:

01. Intro
02. The Power & The Glory Hole
03. Cathouse
04. Slip Of The Tongue
05. Number 1 With A Bullet
06. Sex Drugs & Rock & Roll
07. House Of Pain
08. Where There's A Whip There's A Way
09. Porn Star
10. Bathroom Wall
11. Shut Up And Fuck
12. Babylon
13. Its Only Rock And Roll (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Jan 2019, 06:14

Faster Pussycat - Wake Me When It's Over (1989) (Music On CD Reissue 2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Music On CD Reissue 2018)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos

Bio:

Early Years (1986–1987):

Break-up (1993):

Album:

Bringing to life again 'Classic Albums Available Again on CD' as read on the sticker, specialized Dutch label Music On CD has been doing a great job reissuing long out of print CD's. Such is the case with FASTER PUSSYCAT's "Wake Me When It's Over".While not exactly a 'classic', "Wake Me When It's Over" is Faster Pussycat’s second album showcasing a more mature, solid songwriting, moving from the sleazy metal sound of their debut to a more bluesy hard rock sound.From the first bit, it's obvious that the guitar work is far better and way more elaborated than the on the dirtier debut LP "Faster Pussycat" and it's a really big plus on this sophomore album.The riffing and scales are better and the solos more sophisticated, remaining poser and catchy, and they make the whole rolling feeling more intense for sure. The rhythm section is always there doing what it has to in the most ideal way, keeping the groove and the uplifting sense alive.There's a polished '1989 sound' on "Wake Me When It's Over" yet keeping FP rebellion. The band clearly stepped up musically and this is a much fuller, ballsier sounding album than debut.And there are some damn cool songs here, like the hard rockin bombs 'Where There's A Whip There's A Way', the groovy 'Little Dove', I like the sass of 'Gonna Walk', and the sleazy rock n roll attitude of 'Tattoo' and 'Poison Ivy'.'House Of Pain' is an incredible ballad, worth the purchase of this album alone. It can rival any 'cowboy power ballad' that Poison, Bon Jovi or Cinderella carried in their saddlebags.And there's another highlight in the anthem, arena-ready 'Slip Of The Tongue', a killer kick @ss hard rocker where the best Motley Crue influence appears.The album was quite successful, peaked at No. 48 in the Billboard 100 albums chart, with two singles in "Poison Ivy" and "House of Pain" which video - directed by future film director Michael Bay - was in heavy rotation on MTV.However, "Wake Me When It's Over" remains unheard for many hard rock fans. And that's a shame, because this is a really strong record."Wake Me When It's Over" never has been remastered, nor this reissue, but the new digital transfer technique - which augment the signal / Dynamic Range without distortion - makes wonders here. The album comes full out of the speakers, much more defined than the original CD press.

Line Up:

Taime Downe – lead vocals
Greg Steele – guitar, piano, backing vocals
Brent Muscat – guitar, backing vocals, talk box
Eric Stacy – electric and fretless bass guitar
Mark Michals – drums, percussion

additional musicians:

Emi Canyn – vocals
Jimmy Zavala – harmonica, saxophone
Kevin Savigar – piano, keyboards
Steven Riley – drums, percussion, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Where There's A Whip There's A Way
02. Little Dove
03. Poison Ivy
04. House Of Pain
05. Gonna Walk
06. Pulling Weeds
07. Slip Of The Tongue
08. Cryin' Shame
09. Tattoo
10. Ain't No Way Around It
11. Arizona Indian Doll
12. Please Dear

+ Video "Poison Ivy" (Official Video)
+ Video "House Of Pain" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Nov 2020, 17:05

Faster Pussycat - House Of Pain: Collection (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Audio : 320 kbps + front

Bio:

Early Years (1986–1987):

Break-up (1993):

Album:

Based in Stockholm, Sweden, with a branch in New York, X5 Music Group is a label that primarily licenses pre-existing music for compilation albums. They have arranged with Warner Music Group for the release of several Rock artists from their catalog, like this just appeared FASTER PUSSYCAT‘s “House Of Pain: Collection“, including some of the best songs from the band taken from their first three albums with Elektra Records.While there has been a Faster Pussycat Greatest hits album release in the past, it only comprised 10 tracks. “House Of Pain: Collection” is much more complete release doubling the track list to 20 songs selected from 1987’s ‘Faster Pussycat’, 1989’s ‘Wake Me When It’s Over’ and 1992’s ‘Whipped!’ albums.All in one package, you have all Faster Pussycat singles here plus many ‘inside tracks’ that deserved better exposure back in the day, from one of the more influential sleazy glammy hard rock acts of the LA ’80s scene, whom still continue rocking after thirty-five years.

Line Up:

Taime Downe – lead vocals
Greg Steele – guitar, backing vocals
Brent Muscat – guitar, backing vocals
Eric Stacy – bass guitar, backing vocals
Mark Michals, Brett Bradshaw – drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01 – Nonstop to Nowhere
02 – Bathroom Wall
03 – Cathouse
04 – House of Pain
05 – Charge Me Up
06 – Slip of the Tongue
07 – Babylon
08 – Poison Ivy
09 – Where There’s a Whip There’s a Way
10 – The Body Thief
11 – You’re So Vain
12 – Crying Shame
13 – Friends
14 – Gonna Walk
15 – Jack the Bastard
16 – Bottle In Front of Me
17 – Don’t Change That Song
18 – Little Dove
19 – No Room for Emotion
20 – Smash Alley

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Nov 2022, 07:04

Faster Pussycat - Like A Ghost (EP) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 54 mb

Bio:

Early Years (1986–1987):

Break-up (1993):

Album:

Eighties Sunset Strip favorites FASTER PUSSYCAT are heating up the winter of 2023 with the release of new material in the form of the EP ‘Like A Ghost‘. This release is the first for the band under the Golden Robot umbrella with Taime Downe saying earlier this year “The band and I are over the moon to join the Golden Robot Records rock-n-roll family. We are super excited to release some of our badass new tunes globally – we know the label see our vision and supports the band and we feel completely at home here.”
The new songs comes just a few months before Faster Pussycat are expected to tour overseas including Australia. Not bad for a band formed four decades ago and still delivers kick ass rock n’ roll.‘Like a Ghost‘ is a track about growing up in the 70’s, listening to the radio and doing what kids do and the memories it brings back. It features Taime‘s signature vocals carrying the song through to completion. The production is second to none with blistering guitars and the band in full force.‘Pirate Love‘, a cover of the legend Johnny Thunders stays true to the original with strong instrumentals, killer vocals and an edge to it – everything you would expect from Faster Pussycat.‘Nola’ is a song inspired by New Orleans, a city that front man Taime Downe holds dear to his heart. When the band started working on making new music for a release “NOLA” was the obvious choice to lead with. Past year Downe and guitarist Sam Bam Koltun began working together in the studio tracking guitars for this song.And the band is also making available again their cover of Rick Springfield’s classic ‘Jessie’s Girl’ recorded some time ago.

Line Up:

Taime Downe – lead and backing vocals
Xristian Simon – guitar
Sam “Bam” Koltun – guitar, backing vocals
Danny Nordahl – bass, backing vocals
Chad Stewart – drums

Tracklist:

01. Like a Ghost
02. Pirate Love
03. Nola
04. Jessie’s Girl

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Jan 2024, 10:16

Faster Pussycat - Babylon - The Elektra Years 1987-1992 (4CD) (Box Set Edition) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987-1992 (Hear No Evil / Cherry Red Records Box Set Edition 2022)
Style : Glam Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 454 mb

Bio:

Faster Pussycat is an American glam metal band from Los Angeles, California formed in 1986. The group was most successful during the late 1980s with their self-titled debut album, their 1989 gold album Wake Me When It's Over and the 80,000 selling Whipped! in 1992.Early Years (1986–1987): Faster Pussycat was formed in Hollywood by Taime Downe during the Glam metal boom of the 1980s, the earliest incarnation of the band featured Downe and Greg Steele along with Brent Muscat. The name of the band, "Faster Pussycat", is derived from the Russ Meyer film Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!.After much fluctuation of early lineup, Faster Pussycat consisted of Taime Downe (vocals), Greg Steele (guitar), Brent Muscat (guitar), Kelly Nickels (bass) and Mark Michals (drums).Before recording their debut album, Nickels left the group and was replaced by Eric Stacy (ex-Champagne).Rise to fame (1987–1993): The band released their debut album Faster Pussycat in 1987. The band managed to build a cult following and put out two promotional videos from the first album for the songs "Bathroom Wall" and "Don't Change That Song". In November 1987 the band appeared on the cover of Screamer Magazine's debut issue. Says David Castagno, the magazine's Publisher/Editor and now host of RadioScreamer, "Faster Pussycat will always hold a special place in my heart." In the United States the band toured with Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth, and Motörhead in support of the album.Also in 1987, Faster Pussycat appeared in the Rockumentary film, The Decline of Western Civilization part 2 - The Metal Years. The band was interviewed at some length and performed live versions of "Cathouse" and "Bathroom Wall".Two years later, Faster Pussycat would record their most successful album Wake Me When It's Over. The album received gold status; its sales being largely boosted by the hit single, "House of Pain". Music videos were also produced for "House of Pain" and "Poison Ivy". While the band were touring for the album in 1990, drummer Mark Michals was arrested in Omaha, Nebraska for trying to mail heroin to his hotel room and was subsequently kicked out of the band.Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot filled in as drummer for the remainder of the tour, then Brett Bradshaw became Faster Pussycat's new long-term drummer. Tours with KISS and Mötley Crüe followed.In 1990, they recorded a cover of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" for a compilation called Rubáiyát: Elektra's 40th Anniversary. A video was also filmed for this track. The song was also later included on the 1992 Belted, Buckled And Booted EP, which served as the single for "Nonstop To Nowhere" and also included two unreleased tracks.In 1992 they released their third album, Whipped!, which peaked at No. 90 on the charts.Break-up (1993): In 1993, Faster Pussycat broke up, and all members went their separate ways into various projects.Downe was involved with industrial musical act Pigface before expanding on the darker themes started on Whipped!, by forming his own industrial rock act with Kyle Kyle of Bang Tango called The Newlydeads.Reunion and change of musical style (2001–2005): In 2001 Faster Pussycat reformed featuring original members Downe (vocals), Muscat (guitar), Steele (guitar); alongside Downe's former Newlydeads bandmates Xristian Simon (guitar), Danny Nordahl (bass), and Chad Stewart (drums). Danny Nordahl had also played in The Throbs, and Nordahl and Chad Stewart both also play in Motochrist.A remix compilation Between the Valley of the Ultra Pussy was released the same year by the band, featuring industrial rock remixes of their classic tracks, along with a bonus cover of KISS' "I Was Made For Loving You". This divided fans as many of the band's older fanbase who enjoyed standard hard rock, were not familiar with industrial rock.Steele would leave the band halfway through the band's 2001 headlining reunion tour. Tracii Guns filled in as guitarist for the rest of the tour, but once the remaining dates were completed, Faster Pussycat continued as a five piece. Eric Griffin from Murderdolls, Synical, and eventually Wednesday 13, filled in as the guitarist for their United States tour due to Brent Muscat's scheduling conflicts.Muscat would return briefly until oral cancer sidelined him in late summer of 2005 and he was temporarily replaced by Michael Thomas which would end permanently when he chose not to return to the lineup.Name dispute and Brent Muscat's Faster Pussycat line-up (2006–2007): In December 2006, three former original Faster Pussycat members; Brent Muscat, Eric Stacy and Brett Bradshaw alongside The Underground Rebels vocalist Kurt Frohlich began performing under the name Faster Pussycat, creating two versions of the band both claiming to be the 'original'. Brent's claimed purpose for this was to allow fans to hear Faster Pussycat tracks played in the way they originally recorded, as opposed to the Industrial rock-themed version he said Downe continued to front. Brent also made a legal claim to the name 'Faster Pussycat'.They played the AVN Awards after-party at the Dive Bar in Las Vegas, Nevada. According to a press release, this version of the band — which did not include Downe — will perform "all classic tracks, no remixes, no B.S."Downe sent out a bulletin on MySpace saying Faster Pussycat was not playing in Vegas and Brent's version was a 'tribute band'.Brent responded by stating that he donated all his money and planned to donate a portion of any future earnings to cancer research. In various interviews Downe disputed Brent's version of events and indicated the issue was being dealt with via the courts.In February 2007, Brent issued these statements on his MySpace blog:"In 2000 Taime made an awful remix cd. It was not until Greg Steele and I threatened him with legal action that we were paid and invited to join our own band. In 2005 I was diagnosed with oral cancer. The band which I had been part of for 20 years all of a sudden replaced me and lied about my condition. I was very hurt that Taime never bothered to call me once. As a result of Taime's drunken and erratic performances, the price for Faster Pussycat live performances plummeted and fans have voiced their displeasure. I decided I would attempt to reunite the band to commemorate our 20th anniversary. I invited both Greg and Taime, (which is more than he did for me) but neither responded."In March 2007 Brent did an interview with an Italian publication which he stated:"I love Taime but I believe he is caught up in a dark, fake and lonely place, where the people around him kiss his ass and then talk shit behind his back.. They use him for his drugs and ride his coat tails... Hollywood has been dead for a few years now... I'm so glad I got away from there and moved to Las Vegas. What is most sad about this, is the fact that I'm one of Taime's only real friends and he is too messed up to see it."On April 21, 2007, Muscat circulated via MySpace an open invitation to Downe and Steele to reunite with him, Stacy and Bradshaw.There was no response from Downe. Brent's version of Faster Pussycat toured Europe in Spring 2007 with Kurt Frohlich replacing Downe on vocals along with Todd Kerns on guitar.In July 2007, Brent Muscat decided to drop the battle to use the name Faster Pussycat.Brent Muscat has since started a band called Sin City Sinners.Brent has stated in an interview "Faster Pussycat is dead".Downe has continued on with the name 'Faster Pussycat.' and this band performed at Rocklahoma July 2007. During their set, Downe went on a tirade to the crowd referencing Muscat's cancer, wishing he would die, which received a poor reception from both the crowd and journalists. He then cut their set short and left the stage without playing several of their biggest hits.Recent times (2008–present):Faster Pussycat toured the U.S. in the summer of 2008 with Tracii Guns' version of LA Guns.In the late spring of 2010 Ace Von Johson replaced Michael Thomas, who was devoting his full-time work to Adler's Appetite.

Album:

Hear No Evil / Cherry Red Records 4xCD Box Set celebrating the 3 key albums + rarities from legendary hair metal glamsters FASTER PUSSYCAT during their major label time from the end of the ‘80s and early ‘90s.Titled “Babylon : The Elektra Years 1987-1992“, the 4-disc collection include all albums remastered, a host of bonus tracks, and the EP ‘Live And Rare’ from 1990.Forming in Hollywood in 1985, and taking their name from Russ Meyer’s 1965 exploitation trash classic, Faster! Pussycat! Kill! Kill! – Taime Downe (lead vocals), Greg Steele (guitar), Brent Muscat (guitar), Eric Stacy (bass) and Mark Michals (drums) were in the right place at the right time with their brand of sleaze rock and glam metal.Signing to legendary record label Elektra, they released their self-titled debut on 7th July 1987 (two weeks ahead of Guns N’ Roses’ debut, ‘Appetite For Destruction’). Becoming MTV favorites with videos for the songs ‘Bathroom Wall’ and ‘Don’t Change That Song’, their fame and infamy was further propelled by appearing in the Penelope Spheeris film The Decline of Western Civilization part 2 – The Metal Years, with the band interviewed as well as performing ‘Cathouse’ and ‘Bathroom Wall’ on stage. In America the band toured with Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth and Motörhead to promote the album.They reached a commercial peak in 1989 with second album, ‘Wake Me When It’s Over’. Featuring the singles ‘House Of Pain’ and ‘Poison Ivy’, the LP was marked by a heavier, less glam and a more hard rock approach. They also recorded a cover of Carly Simon’s ‘You’re So Vain’ for the compilation album ‘Rubáiyát’, an album celebrating Elektra Records’s 40th Anniversary.Led by the single ‘Nonstop to Nowhere’, 1992’s self-explanatory ‘Whipped!’ fared well, but despite sold out tours, the rise of grunge was turning many of Faster Pussycat’s feel-good rock contemporaries out of the industry. The band called it a day in 1993.FASTER PUSSYCAT reformed in 2001 adopting a more modern sound favored by singer Taime Downe, and continue to tour and record with various line-ups to the present. As recently as July 2022 Faster Pussycat announced signing to a new record label with the intention of releasing new music.This collection is a must for fans of the Sunset Strip glory days: Guns N’ Roses, Ratt, L.A. Guns, etc.

Line Up:

Taime Downe - vocals
Brent Muscat - lead guitar
Greg Steele - rhythm guitar
Eric Stacy - bass, background vocals
Mark Michaels - drums
Brett Bradshaw - drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

CD1: Faster Pussycat (1987)

01. Don’t Change That Song
02. Bathroom Wall
03. No Room For Emotion
04. Cathouse
05. Babylon
06. Smash Alley
07. Shooting You Down
08. City Has No Heart
09. Ship Rolls In
10. Bottle In Front Of Me

CD2: Wake Me When It's Over (1992)

01. When There’s A Whip, There’s A Way
02. Little Dove
03. Poison Ivy
04. House Of Pain
05. Gonna Walk
06. Pulling Weeds
07. Slip Of The Tongue
08. Cryin’ Shame
09. Tattoo
10. Ain’t No Way Around It
11. Arizona Indian Doll
12. Please Dear

CD3: Live And Rare (1990)

01. Bathroom Wall (Remix)
02. Poison Ivy (Edit)
03. Pulling Weeds (Live)
04. Slip Of The Tongue (Live)
05. Babylon (Live)
06. House Of Pain (Edit)

CD4: Whipped! (1989)

01. Nonstop To Nowhere
02. The Body Thief
03. Jack The Bastard
04. Big Dictionary
05. Madam Ruby’s Love Boutique
06. Only Way Out
07. Maid In Wonderland
08. Friends
09. Cat Bash
10. Loose Booty
11. Mr. Lovedog
12. Out With A Bang

Bonus Tracks - Belted, Buckled and Booted (1992):

13. Nonstop To Nowhere (CHR Version)
14. Too Tight
15. Charge Me Up
16. You’re So Vain

Faster Pussycat (Self-titled), Released: 1987-07-07 [CD #01]
Wake Me When It's Over, Released: 1992-08-04 [CD #02]
LIVE AND RARE, Released: 1990-07-10 [CD #03]
Whipped!, Released: 1989-08-28 [CD #04, Tracks #: 1-12]
Belted, Buckled and Booted, Released: 1992 (Exact date unknown), Tracks #: 13-16

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných