Honeymoon Suite (CANADA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Honeymoon Suite (CANADA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Aug 2018, 16:15

Honeymoon Suite - The Big Prize (1985) (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Rock Candy Remaster) (2013)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 109 mb

Bio:

Honeymoon Suite is a Canadian hard rock band formed in 1981 in Niagara Falls. The band's name was a nod to the fact that Niagara Falls is the unofficial honeymoon capital.The band was originally formed in 1981 by lead vocalist and guitarist Johnnie Dee (of Niagara Falls, Ontario), Keyboardist Brad Bent (of Toronto, Ontario), and original drummer Mike Lengyell, formerly with The Diodes. By 1983, the line-up changed, with Dee (the only original remaining member) now on rhythm guitar and lead vocals, along with new recruits Derry Grehan on lead guitar and Dave Betts on drums. Grehan became the band's primary songwriter, and penned "New Girl Now," which won them an unsigned band contest put on by Toronto radio station Q107.

Album:

The British reissue label Rock Candy Records did it again. They have just released the first three albums from Canadian wonders HONEYMOON SUITE after digitally remastering the original tapes. While the self-titled debut album and 3rd 'Racing After Midnight' (great AOR) are excellent records in their own right, it was their second, the triple platinum selling "The Big Prize" that really did it for me.It is a rare thing to find an album that track after track can be described as almost perfect, but the ten songs on "The Big Prize" really do continue to stand out for me after 28 years of its original release.Mostly written by guitarist Derry Grehan with two cuts penned by keyboard player Ray Coburn, these terrific songs were highly benefited by the awesome production of the late Bruce Fairbairn (Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Van Halen), and Bob Rock's (Metallica, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi) mix.For the Melodic Rock world, "The Big Prize" is one of those records that completely sealed the deal. The album has big hooks, huge choruses that echo resoundingly and a superb sense of both lyrical trade-craft and a true feel for musicianship you can't help but be moved to sing along.Sometimes the remastering jobs does not add too much to the original clarity of the recordings. I assure you that in the case of Honeymoon Suite's "The Big Prize" you can tell the difference.This Rock Candy digital remaster is awesome, rescuing a real deep end from these recording sessions. The vocals are clearer and crisp like never before, and the bass lines now rocks.

Line-Up:

Johnnie Dee - vocals
Derry Grehan - guitars, vocals
Ray Coburn - keyboards, vocals
Gary Lalonde - bass, vocals
Dave Betts - drums
Ian Anderson - flute on "All Along You Knew"
Mickey Curry, Chris Taylor - additional percussion

Tracklist:

01. Bad Attitude
02. Feel It Again
03. Lost And Found
04. What Does It Take
05. One By One
06. Wounded
07. Words In The Wind
08. All Along You Knew
09. Once The Feeling
10. Take My Hand

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Honeymoon Suite (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Jan 2022, 16:09

Honeymoon Suite - Racing After Midnight (1988) (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)
Size : 98 mb

Bio:

Honeymoon Suite is a Canadian hard rock band formed in 1981 in Niagara Falls. The band's name was a nod to the fact that Niagara Falls is the unofficial honeymoon capital.The band was originally formed in 1981 by lead vocalist and guitarist Johnnie Dee (of Niagara Falls, Ontario), Keyboardist Brad Bent (of Toronto, Ontario), and original drummer Mike Lengyell, formerly with The Diodes. By 1983, the line-up changed, with Dee (the only original remaining member) now on rhythm guitar and lead vocals, along with new recruits Derry Grehan on lead guitar and Dave Betts on drums. Grehan became the band's primary songwriter, and penned "New Girl Now," which won them an unsigned band contest put on by Toronto radio station Q107.

Album:

The British reissue label Rock Candy Records did it again.They have just released the first three albums from Canadian wonders HONEYMOON SUITE after digitally remastering the original tapes. While the self-titled debut album and 3rd 'Racing After Midnight' (great AOR) are excellent records in their own right, it was their second, the triple platinum selling "The Big Prize" that really did it for me.It is a rare thing to find an album that track after track can be described as almost perfect, but the ten songs on "The Big Prize" really do continue to stand out for me after 28 years of its original release.Mostly written by guitarist Derry Grehan with two cuts penned by keyboard player Ray Coburn, these terrific songs were highly benefited by the awesome production of the late Bruce Fairbairn (Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Van Halen), and Bob Rock's (Metallica, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi) mix.For the Melodic Rock world, "The Big Prize" is one of those records that completely sealed the deal. The album has big hooks, huge choruses that echo resoundingly and a superb sense of both lyrical trade-craft and a true feel for musicianship you can't help but be moved to sing along.Sometimes the remastering jobs does not add too much to the original clarity of the recordings. I assure you that in the case of Honeymoon Suite's "The Big Prize" you can tell the difference.This Rock Candy digital remaster is awesome, rescuing a real deep end from these recording sessions. The vocals are clearer and crisp like never before, and the bass lines now rocks.

Line-Up:

Johnnie Dee - lead vocals
Dermot 'Derry' Grehan - guitars, vocals
Dave Betts - drums
Gary Lalonde - bass
Rob Preuss - keyboards
Ted Templeman - percussion, programming
Bobby LaKind - percussion

Tracklist:

01. Lookin' Out for Number One
02. Long Way Back
03. Cold Look
04. Love Fever
05. Other Side of Midnight
06. Love Changes Everything
07. It's Over Now
08. Fast Company
09. Tears On the Page

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Jan 2022, 16:10

Honeymoon Suite - Monsters Under The Bed (1991) (Rock Candy Remastered 2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Rock Candy Remastered 2014)
Size : 127 mb

Bio:

Album:

Following the batch of the 3 first records by Melodic Rock wonders HONEYMOON SUITE, reissue label Rock Candy Records has digitally remastered from the original tapes "Monsters Under The Bed", the 4th album by the Canadian melodic band.While the first pair of Honeymoon Suite album are which made them famous and the best selling,in my opinion "Monsters Under The Bed" is the band's most complete opus.Honeymoon Suite had an amazing run of good fortune during their '80s heyday,notching up not just hit albums but also hit singles and touring the world with impressive results. Not only were they busy being commercially successful but artistically they were also improving with each record, refining and honing their craft to new heights."Monsters Under The Bed", originally issued in 1991, was the band's fourth and arguably their more elaborated album thus far.Written over an extended period of time and containing some of their best songs and melodies, the record was stuffed to rafters with hooks and riffs of a magnitude that dwarfed previous efforts.The record sound & style surprised not only the fans, but also colleagues. "Monsters Under The Bed" is a Melodic Hard Rock album, harder then before and with a '90-'91 sound akin Giant, Damn Yankees or Night Ranger.Derry Grehan's guitar work is hot, plenty of shredding and sharp riffs, the lead vocals tougher and the keyboards more 'heavy'.Overseen by British-born production and engineering wizard Paul Northfield (Rush, Queensryche, Dream Theater) at Le Studio, Morin Heights in Quebec, the album is blessed with widescreen bright sonics and some melodic hair metal approach.There's sparkling rockin' gems such as "Next To You", the fun "If Ya Love Me", the lovely single "The Road" and the utterly brilliant "Say You Don't Know Me", a contender for one of the greatest melodic hard rock anthems of the Nineties, and one of the best Honeymoon Suite tracks ever."Little Sister" is one of my favorites, with a pulsating rockin' AOR vibe where Giant come to mind, as well with "Come (Let Me Take You There)" later. If you need your Melodic Rock filled with lots of keyboards then pick "Next To You", another great tune."Monsters Under The Bed" is a killer Melodic Hard Rock albums, one of these with a 'big sounding' rocking production and sound. I think this Rock Candy remaster has expanded even more the 'bombast'. It's indeed a fuller remastering where you can appreciate the difference with the original release.

Line-Up:

Johnnie Dee - lead vocals
Dermot "Derry" Grehan - guitars, vocals
Ray Coburn - keyboards
Jorn Anderson - drums
Steve Webster - bass

Tracklist:

01. Say You Don't Know Me
02. Bring On the Light
03. If Ya Love Me
04. The Road
05. Little Sister
06. How Long
07. Come (Let Me Take You There)
08. Miracle
09. It's Only Love
10. Next to You
11. Stand Alone
12. All I Wanted

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Jan 2022, 16:10

Honeymoon Suite - Hands Up (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Size : 117 mb

Bio:

Album:

Yes, we had to wait eight long years, but finally everybody get your hands up for HONEYNMOON SUITE's long awaited 7th studio album called "Hands Up".The record was produced by lead singer Johnnie Dee and guitarist Derry Grehan with the tracks also being co-written by Dee, Grehan and Sean Kelly.It's a varied new offering from this great Canadian band, ranging from melodic rockers, mid-tempos and ballads."Market Square" is one of my favorites, perhaps the most typical Honeymoon Suite track on the album with clear nods to their '80s days. Derry Grehan's daughter Leah Marlene is a guesting on backing vocals and I have to say that her voice along with Johnnie's blend beautifully together during the song.For a radio-ready tune you have the catchy "Hey Deanna", a track named "1986" says all, then the poppy "Like The Stars" has an irresistible pre-chorus / chorus. Another track worth to mention is title track "Hands Up", an intense rocker with cool keyboards and nice atmospheres.If you need a more edgy song, "Never Was A Forever" will satisfy you with the strong guitar presence and its muscular chorus. A highlight.Additionally, into the album are included live versions of Honeymoon classics "New Girl Now" and "Burning In Love", showcasing how hot the band sounds today on stage.Overall, "Hands Up" is a very strong comeback album for Honeymoon Suite. Johnnie's strong and haunting vocals, alongside the wicked guitar riffs coupled with the solid drum beats, makes any HMS fan not only get their 'hands up' but they will want to crank the album full throttle.

Line-Up:

Johnny Dee - lead vocals, guitar
Derry Grehan - lead guitar, vocals
Garry Lalonde - bass, vocals
Dave Betts - drums
Peter Nunn - keyboards
Leah Marlene Grehan - backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Hands Up 04:11
02. Like The Stars 03:33
03. Never Was A Forever 04:18
04. Market Square 03:29
05. One Step Closer 04:16
06. Hey Deanna 04:12
07. 1986 03:22
08. Burning In Love (Live) 06:13
09. New Girl Now (Live) 06:04

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Feb 2022, 07:52

Honeymoon Suite - Honeymoon Suite (1984) (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Rock Candy Remaster) (2013)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 215 mb

Bio:

Honeymoon Suite is a Canadian hard rock band formed in 1981 in Niagara Falls.The band's name was a nod to the fact that Niagara Falls is the unofficial honeymoon capital.The band was originally formed in 1981 by lead vocalist and guitarist Johnnie Dee (of Niagara Falls, Ontario), Keyboardist Brad Bent (of Toronto, Ontario), and original drummer Mike Lengyell, formerly with The Diodes. By 1983, the line-up changed, with Dee (the only original remaining member) now on rhythm guitar and lead vocals, along with new recruits Derry Grehan on lead guitar and Dave Betts on drums. Grehan became the band's primary songwriter, and penned "New Girl Now," which won them an unsigned band contest put on by Toronto radio station Q107.

Album:

UK reissue label Rock Candy Records have released the first three albums from Canadian melodic rockers HONEYMOON SUITE, something you may have been noticed on this blog as 1986’s ‘The Big Prize’ and 1988’s ‘Racing After Midnight’ where already featured here.Now it’s time for 1984’s self-titled debut “Honeymoon Suite“, not only ‘Remastered & Reloaded‘, but also presenting 5 juicy bonus tracks previously unavailable on CD.Their combination of catchy rhythms and fluffy radio-friendly melodies did wonderfully well on the Canadian charts, with the first four tracks hitting the singles charts, while “New Girl Now” also made a dent onto the US Billboard Charts. A Loverboy meets Journey style with a touch of refined pop, rough around the edges and striated with keyboards, much of this album contains hardened guitar work painted with up-tempo choruses that hold their own.“New Girl Now” is a killer opener full of bluster and bite with the help of the guitar-driven melody, followed by the scorching “Burning In Love” and then the smooth caress of “Wave Babies”.The fourth minor hit for the band was “Stay In The Light”, a more poppy / light melodic rock tune than the others but excellent as well.Johnny Dee & Co. go AOR for the Harlequin influenced, tight rockin’ “Now That You Got Me”, and then blow the leaves out of the yard with the fast-paced “Funny Business”. David Tyson and Eddie Schwartz provide the songwriting goodies with “Heart On Fire”, a track Schwartz released three years earlier on his solo album.The band return to some punchy AOR with “Turn My Head” followed by the hi-tech wizardry of “It’s Your Heart”, a workout for Coburn and his battery of synths. One of my favorites.Album closer “Face To Face” is a mid-tempo semi-ballad rich in melodies and keyboards combining breezy moments with a stabbing attack.The Rock Candy remaster is really good, and you have the awesome bonuses only appeared previously on vinyl. I don’t know if the source of these bonuses are the master tapes, but the sound is great.“Honeymoon Suite” is must have for any mid-Eighties AOR fan, and this remaster is Highly Recommended.

Line-Up:

Johnnie Dee – lead vocals, guitar
Derry Grehan – lead guitar, vocals
Gary Lalonde – bass, vocals
Dave Betts – drums
Ray Coburn – keyboards, vocals
Bass on the album played by Brian Brackstone

Tracklist:

01. New Girl Now
02. Burning In Love
03. Wave Babies
04. Stay In The Light
05. Now That You Got Me
06. Funny Business
07. Heart On Fire
08. Turn My Head
09. It’s Your Heart
10. Face To Face
11. Stay In The Light (Remix) (Bonus Track)
12. We Got The Night (Live) (Bonus Track)
13. New Girl Now (Live) (Bonus Track)
14. Stay In The Light (Extended Version) (Bonus Track)
15. Wave Babies (Edited Version) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "New Girl Now" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Mar 2023, 06:45

Honeymoon Suite - Feel It Again: An Anthology (2CD) (2006)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2006 (Gott Discs Records Edition)
Size : 368 mb

Bio:

Honeymoon Suite is a Canadian hard rock band formed in 1981 in Niagara Falls.The band's name was a nod to the fact that Niagara Falls is the unofficial honeymoon capital.The band was originally formed in 1981 by lead vocalist and guitarist Johnnie Dee (of Niagara Falls, Ontario), Keyboardist Brad Bent (of Toronto, Ontario), and original drummer Mike Lengyell, formerly with The Diodes. By 1983, the line-up changed, with Dee (the only original remaining member) now on rhythm guitar and lead vocals, along with new recruits Derry Grehan on lead guitar and Dave Betts on drums. Grehan became the band's primary songwriter, and penned "New Girl Now," which won them an unsigned band contest put on by Toronto radio station Q107.

Album:

”Feel It Again : An Anthology” is a huge 2 disc set containing music from the entire golden era of HONEYMOON SUITE digitally remastered. Among the 39 tracks on offer here’s every hit single from the band’s first 5 studio LP’s, including ‘Lethal Weapon’, ‘New Girl Now’ and ‘Feel It Again’, as well as classic album tracks such as ‘Bad Attitude’, ‘Bring On the Light’, and much more.Rounding out the package we find two tracks for the first time on CD plus 8 new songs recorded in the early to mid 2000’s taken from the band’s archive. At the time of this release, the really good song Honeymoon Suite recorded for The Wraith movie soundtrack – titled ‘Those Were The Days’ – was previously unreleased on CD, as well as their song ‘I Believe In Father Christmas’.Released by Gott Discs in England, it is a very rare, out of print release now, and a must for any Honeymoon Suite collector.

Line-Up:

Johnny Dee – lead vocals, guitar
Ray Coburn – keyboards, vocals
Garry Lalonde – bass, vocals
Dave Betts – drums
Rob Preuss – keyboards
Steve Webster – bass
Jorn Anderson – drums
Randy Cooke – drums
Gary Briet – keyboards
Rob Laidlaw – bass
Peter Nunn – keyboards
Bret Carrigan – drums

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Stay In The Light
02. New Girl Now
03. Wave Babies
04. B.urning In Love
05. Feel It Again
06. Bad Attitude
07. What Does It Take See
08. All Along You Knew
09. Once The Feeling
10. Those Were The Days (The Wraith soundtrack) (Previously Unreleased Track)
11. Lethal Weapon
12. Lookin’ Out For Number One
13. Love Changes Everything
14. Other Side Of Midnight
15. I Believe In Father Christmas (Previously Unreleased Track)
16. Still Lovin’ You
17. Long Way
18. Say You Don’t Know Me
19. Little Sister

CD2:

01. Bring On The Light
02. The Road 3:50
03. Come (Let Me Take You There)
04. Next To You
05. All I Wanted
06. Touch The Sun
07. Undone
08. Lagavulin
09. Gone
10. Even Now
11. The Way I Do
12. Into Me, Into You
13. Breathe
14. Tightrope First Time On CD
15. Where’s My Wire First Time On CD
16. Under My Skin First Time On CD
17. Sit For Hours First Time On CD
18. Difference First Time On CD
19. My Right Hand First Time On CD
20. I’m So Boring First Time On CD

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Honeymoon Suite (CANADA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Feb 2024, 09:43

Honeymoon Suite - Alive (2024)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2024
Size : 89 mb

Bio:

Album:

Canadian melodic rock band Honeymoon Suite is set to release a new studio album, "Alive", internationally distributed by Frontiers Records and featuring core band members, including Johnnie Dee (lead vocals), Derry Grehan (guitars/keyboards/background vocals), Dave Betts (drums), Gary Lalonde (bass) and Peter Nunn (keyboards). "Alive" has been produced by notable American producer Mike Krompass whose songwriting and production credits include artists like Meghan Trainor, Steven Tyler, Theory Of A Dead Man and Smash Mouth. His expertise combined with the band's celebrated melodic rock, powerful vocals and memorable guitar riffs is sure to make this a timeless record of rock anthems.

Line-Up:

Garry Lalonde – bass, vocals
Dave Betts – drums
Peter Nunn – keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Alive
02. Find What You're Looking For
03. Done Doin' Me
04. Not Afraid To Fall
05. Tell Me What You Want
06. Give It All
07. Love Comes
08. Broken
09. Livin' Out Loud
10. Doesn’t Feel That Way
11. Love Changes Everything (Bonus Track)
12. New Girl Now (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Honeymoon Suite (CANADA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Feb 2024, 06:15

Honeymoon Suite - Clifton Hill…Revisited (2008) (Powertrain Records Limited Edition 2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2008 (Powertrain Records Limited Edition 2023)
Size : 112 mb

Bio:

Album:

25th Anniversary edition, autographed by singer Johnnie Dee and guitarist Derry Grehan.Limited to 150 copies.Songs in different order than on original 2008 release.Also, the song "Down 2 Bizness" is missing from the reissue on both formats.Canadian melodic rockers HONEYMOON SUITE returned with a strong new studio album a couple weeks ago, and now we have in exclusive the band’s studio album ”Clifton Hill” reissued last year, re-mixed and including 2 newly recorded tracks.”Clifton Hill” was recorded in a old church in Hamilton, Ontario, and produced by Tom Treumuth (who was also the producer of the band’s very first album in 1984). The songs are classic Honeymoon Suite and the sound is a return to that pure melodic rock that made the band famous in the ’80s. The title of the album is a nod to our roots in Niagara Falls, ON, where it all started in 1982.“Clifton Hill… Revisited [Limited Edition remixed +2]” celebrates the 15th Anniversary of the original release, with songs like “She Ain’t Alright” and “Tired O Waitin’” showcasing Honeymoon Suite’s ability to write great melodic hooks with an Eighties feel.This Limited Edition 2023 reissue (with a revised artwork and tracks in different order) has been remixed from the master tracks at Iguana Studios in Toronto as a true rock mix bringing the songs sound into the modern era. Additionally, songwriter & vocalist Johnnie Dee and guitarist Derry Grehan recorded two bonus acoustic tracks especially for this release.

Line-Up:

Stan Mizcek – bass, vocals
Chris Mcneill – drums
Ray Cockburn – keyboards

Tracklist:

01. The House (remixed)
02. Riffola (remixed)
03. That’s All U Got (remixed)
04. Why Should I ? (remixed)
05. Ordinary (remixed)
06. She Ain’t Alright (remixed)
07. Sunday Morning (remixed)
08. Tired O’ Waiting On You (remixed)
09. Restless (remixed)
10. Separate Lives (remixed)
11. Sittin’ In The Garden (remixed)
12. Ordinary (acoustic) (Bonus Track)
13. Sittin’ In The Garden (acoustic) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných