EZO (JAP)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

EZO (JAP)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Mar 2018, 14:29

EZO - Fire Fire (1989) (Japan Edition 1991)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Japan Edition 1991)
Style : Melodic Heavy Metal , Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 137 mb

Bio:

Ezo (イーズィーオー Iiziiō) was a Japanese heavy metal band originally formed as Flatbacker in the spring of 1982 in Sapporo, Japan out of the remnants of two high school bands, Power-Station and Scrap. Ezo has been named a "seminal influence by such artists as Steve McDonald of Redd Kross and Michael Steele of The Bangles.".Ezo consisted of Masaki Yamada (vocals), Taro Takahashi (bass), Shoyo Iida (guitar) and Hiro Homma (drums).They released one demo cassette (Minagoroshi) in 1984 and two albums (1985's Senzo and 1986's Esa) in Japan as Flatbacker in the mid-1980s before coming to the U.S.Rumor has it that Gene Simmons of Kiss, who produced their self-titled U.S. debut album,was behind the band's name change to Ezo,[citation needed] inspired by Ezo, an ancient name for Hokkaidō.They released two albums for Geffen Records, 1987's E-Z-O and 1989's Fire Fire, before being dropped from the label and internal differences led to the band's demise.Vocalist Masaki Yamada joined fellow Japanese metalheads Loudness in 1992 and drummer Hiro Homma joined Loudness in 1994.In 2000, the original Loudness lineup reunited and Masaki and Hiro left the band.Hiro Homma is currently the drummer for the Japanese metal band Anthem and vocalist Masaki Yamada is now the bass player for the New York-based band FiRESiGN.A single guitar riff from E-Z-O song "House of 1,000 Pleasures" served as the signature sound of syndicated radio network Z Rock.

Album:

Fire Fire is the second studio album released by Japanese metal band Ezo. It was released in 1989 on Geffen Records.The Japanese band known as Flatbacker had two releases under their belt, before they were discovered by Gene Simmons of KISS who suggested the name change to EZO.The band was signed to Geffen records and released a couple of albums in the late 80’s.Fire Fire is the second and final release by this four pieceRRRsmall metal band. The band lost their deal with Geffen and broke up after this record was released. Their current whereabouts are unknown. Fire Fire is a very slicked produced record. EZO sounds like a million bucks on this disc. The tunes fall between somewhere between hard rock and heavy metal, and is in the vein of Loudness. Shoyo Iida’s fretwork does not disappoint on this record. Masaki Yamada is an above average singer/screamer. He even had a brief stint in Loudness.Fire Fire is a pretty good record for the most part. My favorite cuts are Love Junkie, the title track Fire Fire, Streetwalker, and Million Miles Away.Both EZO records are a chore to find. If you are able to grab either one at a decent price, do so. They are pulling down big bucks on Ebay and on Amazon.com. Happy Hunting!

Line-Up:

Masaki Yamada – vocals
Shoyo Iida – guitar
Taro Takahashi – bass
Hirotsugu Homma – drums

Additional musicians:

John Mahoney – Sinclavier programming, backing vocals
Steve Grimmett, Jody Gray, Stephan Galfas, James Palace, Noah 'T.T.' Baron, Mark Corbin, Mio Vukovic, Norio Yamamoto, The Weed – backing vocals

Production:

Stephan Galfas – producer, mixing
Jody Gray, James Palace – associate producers
Mark Corbin, Ellen Fitton – engineers
Noah Baron – mixing
George Marino – mastering at Sterling Sound, New York
Norio Yamamoto – coordinator

Tracklist:

01. Love Junkie 4:45
02. Night Crawler 4:21
03. Fire Fire 5:51
04. Wild Talk 4:39
05. Burn Down the Night 4:39
06. Black Moon 3:55
07. Back to Zero 4:24
08. Cold-Blooded 3:59
09. She's Ridin' the Rhythm 3:55
10. Streetwalker 4:17
11. Million Miles Away 3:52

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: EZO (JAP)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Máj 2018, 06:17

EZO - EZO (1987) (Japan Edition 1991)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Heavy Metal , Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 137 mb

Bio:

Ezo (イーズィーオー Iiziiō) was a Japanese heavy metal band originally formed as Flatbacker in the spring of 1982 in Sapporo, Japan out of the remnants of two high school bands, Power-Station and Scrap. Ezo has been named a "seminal influence by such artists as Steve McDonald of Redd Kross and Michael Steele of The Bangles.".Ezo consisted of Masaki Yamada (vocals), Taro Takahashi (bass), Shoyo Iida (guitar) and Hiro Homma (drums).They released one demo cassette (Minagoroshi) in 1984 and two albums (1985's Senzo and 1986's Esa) in Japan as Flatbacker in the mid-1980s before coming to the U.S.Rumor has it that Gene Simmons of Kiss, who produced their self-titled U.S. debut album,was behind the band's name change to Ezo,[citation needed] inspired by Ezo, an ancient name for Hokkaidō.They released two albums for Geffen Records, 1987's E-Z-O and 1989's Fire Fire, before being dropped from the label and internal differences led to the band's demise.Vocalist Masaki Yamada joined fellow Japanese metalheads Loudness in 1992 and drummer Hiro Homma joined Loudness in 1994.In 2000, the original Loudness lineup reunited and Masaki and Hiro left the band.Hiro Homma is currently the drummer for the Japanese metal band Anthem and vocalist Masaki Yamada is now the bass player for the New York-based band FiRESiGN.A single guitar riff from E-Z-O song "House of 1,000 Pleasures" served as the signature sound of syndicated radio network Z Rock.

Album:

EZO is the American self-titled debut album from the Japanese metal band Ezo. It was released in 1987 on Geffen Records and co-produced by Gene Simmons of KISS fame.Songwriters from the Kiss’ entourage, such as Adam Mitchell and Jaime St. James, contributed heavily to the songs of the album. Jody Gray, co-writer of the song "Destroyer", co-wrote and co-produced the band's second album, Fire Fire.In 1987, I was fully in the grip of thrash mania, obsessed with the Big Four, among many bands in that field, so when EZO came along with their flashy Kiss colliding with Kabuki theater image and more mainstream sound, I dutifully slagged them fiercely. Ironic since I cut my teeth on Kiss as a wee lad, and doubly ironic since I was known to appreciate the likes of Dokken (for George Lynch only, in their case). As a grown man with a more open mind, though, I stumbled on some videos of this band on YouTube and came to a startling realization; damn, these guys were good. What's more, upon further listening, at least with this album, they were not as mainstream as I'd perceived them as being. I'll get into that as I go. But yes, EZO were not what they seemed, and upon listening to this album my foolishness as a teenager was confirmed.Don't get me wrong, this is rather melodic in its own little way. I say "in its own little way" since for one thing, the overall feel of this album still has enough toughness and even abrasiveness left over from their previous incarnation as Flatbacker to set it apart from American fare that was prevalent at the time, like Dokken, White Lion, and the like. While the songs are catchy and very well-written, they still are crunchier and heavier than the likes of the bands mentioned. Shoyo's guitar playing is crazed and weird, almost atonal in the lead realm, and his riffs are edgier than usual in this field. Taro and Hiro on bass and drums make for a strong and tight rhythm section with a good amount of the funk present, surprisingly.However, one very obvious factor that kept them from making headway in the USA becomes immediately apparent; Masaki's odd vocal style. He alternated between a nasal screech that made even Klaus Meine sound appealing, a tougher snarl, and even some smoother clean vocals that had a distinctly Goth sound to them, and while his accent is not as heavy as I'd thought is was--in fact, he's surprisingly easy to understand much of the time--I can see where the average listener would have found him annoying. I rather like his approach, but I can see where it would be an issue for others.Song-wise, the first three songs on first listen sounded interchangeable. On successive listens, though, their subtleties were unveiled. "House of 1,000 Pleasures" and "Flashback Heart Attack" have a surprisingly funky feel, as mentioned, and feature excellent choruses, and Masaki's vocals on the latter are especially gruff by his standards, and passionate too. The former even ends in an up tempo rave up with some nice guitar playing and Masaki's vocal vamping culminating in a lusty scream. “Mister Midnight”, however, shows a more menacing side of the band musically, with a catchy syncopated bass line underneath eerie chords, and to my surprise, when the guitar joins in with the bass on that riff near the end of the song, it even reminds me a little bit of Slayer's “Criminally Insane”! Strange thing, that, and the lyrics are quite creepy, too, despite the “Engrish” making them a bit odd. “Destroyer”, despite its glam/woman-oriented lyrics, is in that vein as well, surprisingly heavy and dark.“Here It Comes” has a very poppy feel to it, in an up tempo vein with Masaki showing off his clean vocals, which are surprisingly tolerable compared to his usual approach. He also gets to show that off in my favorite track on the album, the crunching “Kiss of Fire”, which has a great chorus and a rock solid beat throughout, and he keeps the nasal screech to a minimum on this one, reserving it mostly for the end, when it sounds like he's really getting into it. “Big Changes” has more clean vocals, but not as good as the other songs—he sounds drunk on the chorus!--and a big shout along chorus that was obviously an attempt at an anthem of sorts, considering the song is as close to a ballad as they get on the album, another thing that makes this stand out from the hordes of bands trying to get radio airplay with “power ballads”. “I Walk Alone” is a weird little tune, with more clean vocals on the chorus that are not as effective as elsewhere, with downright odd lyrics. Notice in the liner notes that there were a fleet of people helping in the writing realm, no doubt with the lyrics mostly, given EZO probably didn't speak English very well at all. “Desiree” is the odd duck of the album, a speed metal charge that is reminiscent of their Flatbacker days, ending the album on a rougher and more devil-may-care note than expected.In short, the fact that this album is all over the place musically, with varied vocals and the fact it was tougher and heavier than what was acceptable in the American mainstream at the time, it's no wonder that even with the likes of Gene Simmons in their corner, EZO never quite cracked the big time in the USA, hard as they tried. It's a pity, too, as they were far from typical and rather interesting musically, and obviously had talent to spare. This album is very much worth checking out, as it represents a far from customary approach to the commercial hard rock sound that was prevalent in the American mainstream at the time. If you can get past the vocals being so offbeat, it's a right odd and yet charming little gem of a release.

Line-Up:

Masaki Yamada – vocals
Shoyo Iida – guitar
Taro Takahashi – bass
Hirotsugu Homma – drums

Production:

Gene Simmons - producer
Val Garay - producer, engineer, mixing
Richard Bosworth, Bob Levy, Cliff Jones - assistant engineers
Stephen Marcussen - mastering

Tracklist:

01. House Of 1,000 Pleasures (5:10)
02. Flashback Heart Attack (4:07)
03. Mr. Midnight (4:22)
04. Here It Comes (3:15)
05. I Walk Alone (3:36)
06. Destroyer (4:27)
07. Big Changes (3:52)
08. Kiss of Fire (3:26)
09. Desiree (3:31)

+ Video "Here It Comes" (Official Video)
+ Video "Kiss of Fire" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 22 neregistrovaných