Only Child (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Only Child (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Mar 2018, 08:20

Only Child - Only Child (1988) (YesterRock + ZRecords Remastered Edition 2010)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (YesterRock + ZRecords Remastered Edition 2010)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Only Child was an American Melodic/Hard Rock band, formed by the multi-talented songwriter, vocalist and guitarist Paul Sabu.They released 2 albums : the excellent self-titled one in 1988 & the mediocre "Only Child 2" in 1996.Having debuted his solo career in the late `70s, American singer/guitarist/producer Paul Sabu released two studio album during the early `80s; the first under the band name “Kidd Glove”(1984) and the second as “Paul Sabu-Heartbreak”(1985). In 1988 the front man re-emerged under a new band-name “Only Child”.The new out-fit featured beyond Paul on lead vocals and guitars, bassist Murrill Maglio, keyboardist Tommy Rude and drummer Charles Esposito (who also played on the “Heartbreak” album. Essentially “Only Child” was Sabu’s attempts to combine his trademark AOR sound with the glam metal style of the late `80s.“Only Child” is built equally on guitars and keyboards handling the majority of melodies on the album, only topped by Sabu’s incredible Coverdale/Winger-like vocals. The rhythm section deviates somewhat from the over-produced pounding sound of most late `80s recordings being rather natural sounding still including its fair share of toms.“Only Child” is considered by many one of the best AOR albums of all time; though one might find the claim exaggerative, the album is clearly a solid work in melodic hard rock/glam metal featuring such highlights as “Always”, “I remember the night”, “I believe in you” and “Save a place in your heart” are the cream of `80s Adult oriented rock.

Album:

Paul Sabu gen of an album, the self-titled ONLY CHILD album remastered by YesterRock Records plus 2 bonus tracks. The album was re-released a year after by Z Records with their own remastering, adding 3 different bonus. All of them are included here as well.After his acclaimed 'Heartbreak' solo album, Paul Sabu wanted to create a band to stand out into the competitive Melodic Hard Rock American scene.ONLY CHILD was formed in 1987, still with drummer Charles Esposito who played in the previous Sabu record, joined by Tommy Rude ond keyboards and Murrill Maglio on bass.The band's self titled debut become a true classic, regarded as Paul Sabu’s best ever work. "Only Child" is a fantastic slice of pure US Melodic Hard Rock / AOR driven by sharp guitars and big keyboard arrangements.The entree of "Just Ask" is brilliant. Big sounding, lots of depth, fat keyboards, and a great chorus. "Always" is a smoother radio friendly piece, with an arrangement similar to Strangeways.The pair of "I Wanna Touch" and "Love To The Limit" are great moments too. The former has a classic AOR song structure with a strong pre-chorus/bridge ultimately leading into a memorable chorus. The latter track is chuggin' hard rocker with strong keyboard layers. It's definitely a buoyant piece of music."I Believe In You" is perhaps one of the definitive AOR moments onboard, with a chorus like this it's no wonder: 'I believe in you, do you believe in me, hearts running with the night..'. Again, it features a hooky keyboard sequence just prior to the solo."Scream Until You Like It" was previously known recorded by WASP, and though this version is heavy, it's way too melodic and has a touch too much keyboard.The original disc finish up with the anthemic "Shot Heard Around The World", delivering a heavy dose of AOR keyboards to die for."Only Child" debut is a must have in any serious Melodic Hard Rock / AOR collection. Not in vain was listed in the prestigious Kerrang! Magazine in their top-40 list of AOR albums of all times, ended in the 22nd place.This reissue sounds terrific, with the addition of some bonus tracks subsequently recorded for the second disc of the band, all matching the high quality standards from the main album.Without a doubt an all-time classic, the definition of perfect '80s AOR Melodic Rock if you ask me.

Line Up:

Paul Sabu - vocals, guitars
Tommy Rude - keyboards, backing vocals
Murrill Maglio - bass, backing vocals
Charles Esposito - drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Just Ask
02. Always
03. I Wanna Touch
04. I Remember the Night
05. Love to the Limit
06. I Believe in You
07. Save a Place in Your Heart
08. Rebel Eyes
09. Scream Until You Like It
10. Shot Heard Around the World
11. Young Guns (Bonus Track)
12. Vice Versa (Bonus Track)
13. Lucky in Love (Z Records Bonus Track)
14. In My Blood (Z Records Bonus Track)
15. A Word to the Wise (Z Records Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 26 neregistrovaných