The Chant (FIN)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Chant (FIN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Jan 2018, 13:07

The Chant - Ghostlines (2008)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2008
Style : Atmospheric Rock , Progressive Rock , Gothic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 166 mb

Bio:

The Chant is a seven-member Finnish band based in Vantaa and Helsinki.1999: The current line-up was formed in 1999, when Jussi Hämäläinen, Mari Jämbäck and Ilpo Paasela were joined by Kimmo Tukiainen from Diablerie (c). At the same time Markus Forsström and Roope Sivén joined the band. One could say they now, after nearly ten years, know each other thoroughly.Before releasing their debut The Chant recorded four demos. The first two helped shaping the band’s sound but the latter two gained a lot of positive feedback. Sighs (2005) was named Demo of the Month in Inferno and Imperiumi.net.After Sighs it all got slightly bigger. With Breakdown (2006) the band won Radio YleX’s demo contest, and was granted nationwide airplay. Even before its release, Ghostlines was already noticed throughout Finland, due to the single Ode to the End which got included on the main playlists of the most significant radio stations in Finland.2008: In 2008, The Chant's debut album “Ghostlines”, 54 minutes of melancholic music full of beautiful melodies and harmonies, was released by Shadow World Records.The band's members are no strangers to collaborating with other bands and artists. Around the time when Ghostlines was released Kimmo Tukiainen started playing live guitar in Rapture (d).2009: Ilpo Paasela collaborated with Matti Reinola from ShamRain giving his voice and interpretation to a track for the score of an open source movie Valkaama (e).The Chant's guitarist and main composer Jussi joined Hanging Garden (a) as they were making their second studio album titled TEOTWAWKI.

Album:

The Chant is a Finnish band that had been operating for almost ten years and pushing out numerous demos before the warm bosom of a record company offered a place to shoot forth their melancholic harmonies. The band is a mishmash of several different degrees on the heaviness scale. The most driving moments border on that oft-so-ambiguous label of dark metal, while there are plenty of cleanly played moments which are pure pop. So I guess when the sides are brought together the easiest way is to call this rock. The first band to namedrop that came to me would be Charon, though not quite as heavy and gothic.The absence of the gothic would especially apply to the vocals. Singer Ilpo Paasela doesn’t plow those gut-rumbling low tones that many goth rockers are known for, even though he does have a strong low register. I guess with music like this paired with a male crooner in Finland, one should mention vibes of HIM here and there. It’s by no means prevalent, just a feeling. The band plays tightly throughout the album and the production is nicely crisp with the atmospheric keyboards and twinkling sound effects just right in the mix.The song material varies quite substantially in intrigue. Songs like Ode To The End (Thank You) and The Breakdown present the pop-rocking side of the album that fits well for radio play, but sounds quite bland to me. Whenever Paasela distorts it a little with his hoarser voice, like on the nicely growing Crown or Secret Societies, the results are much more satisfying. Cold Comfort is a great rocking tune with even slight folk spices in the melodies – A direction that I would definitely recommend the band explore further in the future. The over 9-minute closer The Only Friend kicks off a little sluggishly, but manages to get quite epic with the adding layers of synths and the varying vocal styles. Nice guitar solos also splice through the song.Overall, fans of this kind of “semi-depressed” pop/rock/metal should really dig Ghostlines and can without hesitation add 10-12 points to my personal scoring. I guess if you’d be looking for a lighter and mellower sibling of Sentenced, The Chant would be something to look forward to. The band has definite potential and the abilities honed through several years are more than evident. The band itself has said in an interview that “When the heart is aching, Ghostlines helps”. Make what you will of that message and enjoy.

Line Up:

Roope Sivén : Drums
Paasela : Vocals
Jussi Hämäläinen : Guitar
Kimmo Tukiainen : Guitar
Mari Jämbäck : Keyboard
Forsström : Bass

Tracklist:

01. Green Waters
02. Footmen
03. Ghostlines
04. Ode To The End
05. Cold Comfort
06. Wayfarer/Ghostlines Reprisal
07. Crown
08. The Breakdown
09. Secret Societies
10. The Only Friend

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných