The Big Dish (SCO)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Big Dish (SCO)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Jan 2018, 08:29

The Big Dish - Creeping Up On Jesus (Japan Edition) (1988)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Rock , Pop Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 184 mb

Bio:

The Big Dish are a Scottish pop/rock band formed in Airdrie, Scotland in 1983. The band initially comprised Steven Lindsay (vocals/guitar), Mark Ryce (guitar) and John Harper (keyboards). The trio was subsequently augmented on stage by Raymond Docherty (bass) and Keith Burns (drums). As well as releasing three studio albums, the band performed live as support to Lloyd Cole and Big Country. By the time their debut album Swimmer was released on Virgin Records in 1986 the line-up had undergone notable changes, with Lindsay and Docherty joined by new guitarist Brian McFie, keyboardist/saxophonist Ian Ritchie (album recordings only), Allan Dumbreck on Keyboards and Dave Cantwell on Drums. Tracks on Swimmer were significantly polished versions of the tracks that had been played live up until then. Live, however, the songs from Swimmer had a punch to them that complemented songs played by the bands they supported. Songs like Slide with its simple bass line thumping out, were anathema to the late 80s "house" music that was taking over the charts and clubs of the time. Lindsay, McFie and Docherty then completed the follow-up album Creeping Up On Jesus in 1988 with session musicians — including drummer Blair Cunningham and hornman Gary Barnacle, Craig Armstrong and Paul Wickens (keyboards) and a horn section. Despite Bruce Lampcov's muscular production, this second effort proved commercially unsuccessful and the band was dropped from Virgin, when Lindsay refused to countenance recording a cover version. Lindsay and McFie recorded the band's last album Satellites for the American East/West label (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Records) in 1991 with assistance from Armstrong, Docherty, record producer Warne Livesey and a number of session musicians, including bassist Pino Palladino and drummer Manu Katché. They also put together a new touring line-up featuring bassist Tracey Gilbert and drummer Skip Reid. However, despite critical acclaim for the new record and a hit single ("Miss America" entered the UK Singles Chart at #37),[1] the group disbanded shortly afterwards. A compilation of the group's work entitled Rich Man's Wardrobe was released by Virgin Records in 1994, featuring cuts from the band’s two albums with the label, and the inclusion of rare track "Voodoo Baby". In October 2011, the band announced a "one-off reunion" to play at gig at the Glasgow ABC on January 21 2012 as part of the Celtic Connections festival. Post Big Dish... Not long after the split, Lindsay resumed his partnership with Armstrong. Lindsay provided vocals on Armstrong’s 2002 album As If to Nothing. To promote this release, Lindsay returned to the live arena, performing throughout Europe with a thirty-piece orchestra. Lindsay returned to the fold in late 2004 on his own Seminal label with the piano-driven Exit Music featuring string arrangements by the Scottish Ensemble. Lindsay plays and programmes all other instruments and the album has received widerspread acclaim. The Australian edition of the album contains two additional tracks. Lindsay was then signed to Chrysalis Records, and in 2007 the second solo CD Kite was released, including a cover of "Monkey Gone to Heaven", originally by Pixies. Discography Albums 1986 Swimmer 1988 Creeping Up On Jesus 1991 Satellites 1994 Rich Man's Wardrobe - A Concise History Singles 1985 "Big New Beginning" 1985 "Prospect Street" 1986 "Slide" 1986 "Prospect Street" (Re-Release) 1987 "Christina's World" 1988 "European Rain" 1988 "Faith Healer" 1990 "Miss America" 1991 "Big Town" (remix) 1991 "25 Years"

Album:

This was the most complete pop/new wave group during my 40 year lifetime.Very distinctive sound with a classic voice, Creeping.. is the most enjoyable sounding collection of stories put to some great melodies with impeccable use of piano, guitar, bass ,and drums. Ingenious lyrics compliment the type of melodies that stay in your head forever. Classic tracks are "Faith Healer", "European Rain" (which actually got some air time!!), the wonderfully eerie yet goose bump generating "Monday" (dare I say I of the greatest songs of all time!), "Wishing Time", and the album ends with a great song about home - "Where do you live". Still amazes me how this group got away unnoticed. Maybe they were too good for their time. Sophistication in music was not "cool" at that time. The critics actually loved their sound. A great shame to see such talented fellas who didn't record a single weak track leave the scene so early and with such little recognition. I actually had no idea that they had released their album "Satelittes" until I was handed a copy of it by a DJ friend of mine while I was living in California. His collection of albums was very impressive but he had not heard as pure a sound as The Big Dish.

Line-Up:

Steven Lindsay - Vocals, Guitars
Brian McFie - Guitars
Raymond Docherty - Bass
Craig Armstrong, Wix - Keyboards
Blair Cunningham, Charlie Morgan - Drums
Gary Barnacle, John Thirkell, Pete Thoms - Horns

Produced by Bruce Lampcov, Paul Wickens & The Big Dish

Tracklist:

01. Life
02. Waiting For The Parade
03. Faith Healer
04. Burn
05. Swansong
06. European Rain
07. Jean
08. Monday
09. Wishing Time
10. Where Do You Live
11. Can't Stand Up

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní