Paganini (SWT)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Paganini (SWT)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Nov 2017, 11:48

Paganini - It's A Long Way To The Top (1987) (Yesterrock Remastered Edition 2009)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Yesterrock Remastered Edition 2009)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 353 mb

Bio:

Paganini is a hard rock band from Switzerland founded by Marco Paganini (ex-member of the band Viva). In 1985 they released their debut album, Weapon of Love. The song "Berlin by Night", was in the soundtrack of the German movie Alpha City.In the early 1980’s, Marco Paganini was the lead vocalist in the Hannover based rock group Viva. At the time he was singing in the pioneering English metal band Tygers of pan tang, when he was discovered by Barbara Schenker at a double bill with The Scorpions. Rudolph Schenker invited him to join them on their return to Germany and taking them up on the offer Marco and Barbara formed Viva together. Being one of the top European acts at the time, Marco recorded 2 LP’s with Viva, before embarking on a solo career.Along with Viva guitarist Ralph Murphy, Marco returned to Switzerland to form the group Paganini. Their first release “Weapon of love”, spawned the hit “Berlin by night”, which reached the charts in Germany thru Polygram, and as well landed on the movie soundtrack for “Alpha city”. The follow up album “It’s a long way to the top” saw chart action again and earned them the offer of support act for Motley Crue on their “Theater of pain” tour.Several releases followed thru the years including the album “Detox” which Marco recorded together withAngie Schiliro one time guitarist with Kingdom Come which as well features the track “Time” which was written by Prince for Marco while at Paisley Park thru his association with Polygram. 2 singles entitled “My life” and “Follow the sun” saw Marco.reunited with his old producer Vic Vergeat of the rock group “Toad” In 2003 Marco teamed up with New York producer ZouZou Mamoux to record the CD“Esoterrorism”, their cryptic reflections of the modern times we live in and a call to arms for society as a whole. In 2005, Marco and ZouZou finished the new production entitled “Resurrection”, which is a celebration of Paganini’s distigushed repetoire re-recorded in a modern context, inspired by countless requests for the classic tracks from Marco’s large fan base.

Album:

Excellent Munich based label Yesterrock specializing in re-releasing classic albums, managed to put out the first 2 records by PAGANINI, both impeccably digitally remastered and containing bonus tracks. "It's A Long Way To The Top" is the second album from Swiss / German melodic hard rock band PAGANINI, and it rocks greatly in an American fashion.After the success of their debut album - at least in Germany, Switzerland and Austria - PAGANINI took over 2 years to compose, arrange and record second effort "It's A Long Way To The Top".If you've listened to the band's debut, let me tell you this is almost a completely different beast.The aim with the new album was to conquer the American market, hence the material is oriented to the sound & style ruling the Rock scene in US 1987.But not only the songs in "It's A Long Way To The Top" are pretty party rock / hair metal / melodic hard rock oriented: now PAGANINI feels million times tighter as unit, the musicianship is more complete, and essentially; production is very good, bright n' punchy.There's 'that' reverb on the drums making all sounding huge, guitars are bigger, the backing vocals soar and Mark's lead voice is clear and more sexy.On "It's A Long Way To The Top", overall PAGANINI sounds a lot like AUTOGRAPH (title track 'It's a Long Way to the Top', 'Mr. Big Mouth') and VAN HALEN ('Rich Girl', 'One of a Kind'). As you see, absolutely American oriented.And it doesn't ends there: 'Salted Water Kisses' has some HELIX on it, the pretty killer 'Our Rock Will Find a Way' a bit of RATT, while 'Hold You Back' (again some HELIX) adds more bite to the guitars and is one of my favorites.Surprisingly, there's no room for a power ballad on the album, quite strange for the era.PAGANINI's "It's A Long Way To The Top" is million times better than the band's debut, in all departments. It's a pure '80s American Melodic Hard Rock affair, and while some may miss the band's early European flavor, this album is far superior than debut.I still remember being a teenager, this album was one of the 'rare pieces' to hunt down. It never was easy to find / buy, becoming a much sought after piece by collectors.Yesterrock solved this with this very good remastered reissue, but this reissue dates from some years ago and has become pretty scarce again, quite hard to find.Pure '80s stuff requested by one of you in this remastered version.

Line-Up:

Mark Paganini - lead and backing vocals (Ex-Viva)
Ralph Murthy - guitars, backing vocals
Edgar Zanoni - guitars, backing vocals
Iso - bass, backing vocals
P.B. Bega - drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. It's a Long Way to the Top 4:22
02. Rich Girl 3:53
03. Salted Water Kisses 4:13
04. One of a Kind 3:03
05. Our Rock Will Find a Way 3:55
06. Mr. Big Mouth 4:51
07. Hold Back 3:59
08. For Your Love 4:43
09. Get Ready 4:11
10. Follow The Sun (Singing Saw Hit Edit) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "It's a Long Way to the Top" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Paganini (SWT)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Nov 2017, 12:09

Paganini - Weapon Of Love (1985) (Yesterrock Remastered Edition 2009)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Yesterrock Remastered Edition 2009)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos
Size : 353 mb

Bio:

Paganini is a hard rock band from Switzerland founded by Marco Paganini (ex-member of the band Viva). In 1985 they released their debut album, Weapon of Love. The song "Berlin by Night", was in the soundtrack of the German movie Alpha City.In the early 1980’s, Marco Paganini was the lead vocalist in the Hannover based rock group Viva. At the time he was singing in the pioneering English metal band Tygers of pan tang, when he was discovered by Barbara Schenker at a double bill with The Scorpions. Rudolph Schenker invited him to join them on their return to Germany and taking them up on the offer Marco and Barbara formed Viva together. Being one of the top European acts at the time, Marco recorded 2 LP’s with Viva, before embarking on a solo career.Along with Viva guitarist Ralph Murphy, Marco returned to Switzerland to form the group Paganini. Their first release “Weapon of love”, spawned the hit “Berlin by night”, which reached the charts in Germany thru Polygram, and as well landed on the movie soundtrack for “Alpha city”. The follow up album “It’s a long way to the top” saw chart action again and earned them the offer of support act for Motley Crue on their “Theater of pain” tour.Several releases followed thru the years including the album “Detox” which Marco recorded together withAngie Schiliro one time guitarist with Kingdom Come which as well features the track “Time” which was written by Prince for Marco while at Paisley Park thru his association with Polygram. 2 singles entitled “My life” and “Follow the sun” saw Marco.reunited with his old producer Vic Vergeat of the rock group “Toad” In 2003 Marco teamed up with New York producer ZouZou Mamoux to record the CD“Esoterrorism”, their cryptic reflections of the modern times we live in and a call to arms for society as a whole. In 2005, Marco and ZouZou finished the new production entitled “Resurrection”, which is a celebration of Paganini’s distigushed repetoire re-recorded in a modern context, inspired by countless requests for the classic tracks from Marco’s large fan base.

Album:

Yesterrock, the excellent Munich based label specializing in re-releasing classic albums, managed to put out the first 2 records by PAGANINI, both impeccably digitally remastered and containing bonus tracks. Originally released in 1985, "Weapon Of Love" is the debut album from Swiss / German melodic hard rock band Paganini, named after lead vocalist Marco "Mark" Paganini.When PAGANINI was founded, Marco already had a vast experience having recorded two albums with the interesting band VIVA, the group fronted by Scorpions' Michael & Rudolf Schenker sister.Marco wanted a more commercial sound, the kind of melodic hard rock that was so prevalent in the mid '80s: tight guitars, strong rhythm section, and catchy choruses.PAGANINI's style is typically European, especially German. Marco Paganini has a strong, sometimes sensual raspy voice perfectly suited for this type of music, and the songs are carried by pair of flashy guitarists in Ralph Murthy and Edgar Zanoni.Put them together and you get a hard rockin' album with cool hooks, loads of melody and fine choruses.I'd put PAGANINI's style & sound somewhere between HEAVY PETTIN' (title track 'Weapon of Love', 'You Got Me Crazy'), KEEL ('Guardian Angel'), and MAMA'S BOYS, there's some McAULEY / SCHENKER touches ('Break it Up', 'I Got What You Need'), and also a bit of an Americanized melodies akin an early AUTOGRAPH ('I Can Feel It') and DOKKEN.Easily my favorite track is the AORish 'Not Just Another Affair', a song with equal parts of Euro / American influences with dry / sharp guitars, lots of harmony vocals and that kind of 'action movie soundtrack feel.The other track I love from this album is the haunting rhythm of 'Berlin By Night', a groovy rocker with which the band had a radio hit in Germany. The song was one of the lead tunes of the now legendary Munich City Nights compilations / radio show.While not essential, if you are fan of the classic mid-Eighties melodic hard rock sound - particularly the European variety - PAGANINI's "Weapon Of Love" is a worthy addition to your collection. Especially this remastered reissue: for years it was a much sought after piece by collectors, selling at high prices on e-bay… if they can be found at all.Anyway, this Yesterrock release has become pretty scarce as well, quite hard to find.The results of this Yesterrock remaster are pretty good considering the low budget production (at places drum sound is not the best), and as bonus you have 4 (!) versions of the non-album single 'My Life', another cut that made its way into Munich City Nights radio.Pure '80s stuff requested by one of you in this remastered version.

Line-Up:

Mark Paganini - lead and backing vocals (Ex-Viva)
Ralph Murthy - guitars, backing vocals
Edgar Zanoni - guitars, backing vocals
Iso - bass, backing vocals
P.B. Bega - drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Guardian Angel
02. I Can Feel It
03. Berlin By Night
04. Weapon of Love
05. Not Just Another Affair
06. Don't Let Me Down
07. Break It Up
08. I Got What You Need
09. You Got Me Crazy
10. My Life (Radio Hit Edit) (Bonus Track)
11. My Life (Instrumental Crossroads Mix) (Bonus Track)
12. My Life (Mistery Soul Mix) (Bonus Track)
13. My Life (Prayer 69 Version) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Guardian Angel" (Official Video)
+ Video "Berlin By Night" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní