Loverboy (CANADA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Loverboy (CANADA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Júl 2016, 15:21

Loverboy - Classics - Their Greatest Hits (1994) (Japan Remastered Edition 1997)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1994 (Japan Remastered Edition 1997)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 147 mb

Bio:

Loverboy is a Canadian rock group formed in 1979 in Calgary, Alberta. Throughout the 1980s, the band accumulated numerous hit songs in Canada and the United States, earning four multi-platinum albums and selling millions of records. After being rejected by many American record labels, they signed with Columbia/CBS Records Canada and began recording their first album March 20, 1980, with Mike Reno (born in New Westminster, B.C. January 8, 1955 and previously with Moxy as Mike Rynoski) on lead vocals, Paul Dean (born in Vancouver, B.C. on February 19, 1946; previously with Streetheart and Scrubbaloe Caine) on guitars and vocals, Jim Clench (formerly of April Wine and BTO, who was born in Montreal May 1, 1949 but was quickly replaced by Scott Smith born in Winnipeg, MB on February 13, 1955) on bass guitar, Doug Johnson (born in New Westminster December 19, 1957) on keyboards, and Matt Frenette (born in Calgary on March 7, 1954) on drums (also a former Streetheart alumnus). The band's hit singles, particularly "Turn Me Loose" and "Working for the Weekend", have become arena rock staples and are still heard on many classic rock and classic hits radio stations across the United States and Canada. They are currently based in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Album:

Loverboy Classics was a compilation album by the Canadian rock band Loverboy, released on October 11, 1994. The album covered more ground than the previous compilation album released five years prior, and outsold it by far as well.Track 9 is the love theme from the film Footloose, performed by Mike Reno and Ann Wilson of the band Heart. It was released as a single and on the Footloose soundtrack album in 1984. On Classics, it makes its debut on a Loverboy album.The Toronto-based Loverboy, comprised of vocalist Mike Reno, guitarist Paul Dean, bassist Scott Smith, keyboardist Doug Johnson, and drummer Matthew Frenette, was never a big hit with critics, but the band members' blend of hard-edged pop won droves of fans and kept them at the forefront of pop/rock for most of the '80s. This album contains most of their hits (excepting some more minor cuts like "Queen of the Broken Hearts"), giving a broad overview of their work. Sex was always a hot topic for the band -- think "Hot Girls in Love" -- but there is more to Loverboy than just hormones. There are also party anthems, with "Working for the Weekend" and "Turn Me Loose" being iconic in the genre. What makes this all pay off for Loverboy is that, there being nothing wrong with some harmless monster rock, as sophomoric as it can oftentimes be, the band does it with tongue firmly implanted in cheek, which is much to their advantage. If they had had any pretensions, none of the material would have worked. But being able to sing "Little girl, don't you hesitate/'Cause you're usin' live bait" with a straight face shows the band members are in on the joke. To spotlight their softer, more adult side, the band brings on "Heaven in Your Eyes" and, as a bonus, Reno's duet with Heart's Ann Wilson, "Almost Paradise," from the Footloose soundtrack, which is included, as Smith says in the liner notes, "as a way of selling more of this collection."

Line Up:

Mike Reno: Vocals
Paul Dean: Guitar, Vocals
Doug Johnson: Keyboards, Synthesizer, Saxophone
Scott Smith: Bass Guitar
Matt Frenette: Drums, Percussion, Timbales
Marc LaFrance: Background Vocals
Nancy Nash: Background Vocals
David Steele: Background Vocals

Production:

Bruce Fairbairn: Producer

Tracklist:

01. Turn Me Loose
02. Working For The Weekend
03. Take Me To The Top
04. The Kid Is Hot Tonite
05. This Could Be The Night
06. Jump
07. Lovin' Every Minute Of It
08. Notorious
09. Almost Paradise
10. Lucky Ones
11. Destination Heartbreak
12. Hot Girls In Love
13. When It's Over
14. It's Your Life
15. Gangs In The Street
16. Heaven In Your Eyes (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Loverboy (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Jan 2017, 13:52

Loverboy - Wildside (1987) (Sony Remastered Edition 1995)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Sony Remastered Edition 1995)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Videos
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

Loverboy is a Canadian rock group formed in 1979 in Calgary, Alberta. Throughout the 1980s, the band accumulated numerous hit songs in Canada and the United States, earning four multi-platinum albums and selling millions of records. After being rejected by many American record labels, they signed with Columbia/CBS Records Canada and began recording their first album March 20, 1980, with Mike Reno (born in New Westminster, B.C. January 8, 1955 and previously with Moxy as Mike Rynoski) on lead vocals, Paul Dean (born in Vancouver, B.C. on February 19, 1946; previously with Streetheart and Scrubbaloe Caine) on guitars and vocals, Jim Clench (formerly of April Wine and BTO, who was born in Montreal May 1, 1949 but was quickly replaced by Scott Smith born in Winnipeg, MB on February 13, 1955) on bass guitar, Doug Johnson (born in New Westminster December 19, 1957) on keyboards, and Matt Frenette (born in Calgary on March 7, 1954) on drums (also a former Streetheart alumnus). The band's hit singles, particularly "Turn Me Loose" and "Working for the Weekend", have become arena rock staples and are still heard on many classic rock and classic hits radio stations across the United States and Canada. They are currently based in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Album:

Loverboy's fifth remastered studio album, 1987's Wildside, gets the job done. The material is in a straightforward rock musical direction. There are 11 tracks; one of these--the closing piece "Don't Keep Me in the Dark"--is a ballad. Altogether, I find the songwriting to be satisfying, the musicianship to be tight, and the sound quality to be good. Mike Reno (one of my favorite vocalists) does not dissatisfy when it comes to the vocals--his singing is unique, diligent, and lively. Throughout, there is a nice combination of guitar and keyboard work from guitarist Paul Dean and keyboardist Doug Johnson. Scott Smith's bass guitar playing is also noticeable. Though I like every one of the tunes, my favorites are the opening cut "Notorious," "Break It to Me Gently," and "Don't Keep Me in the Dark." The vigorous "Notorious," co-written with Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, sports a memorable refrain. The spirited "Break It to Me Gently" displays an industrious, sprightly chorus and taut bass guitar work from Smith. The attractive "Don't Keep Me in the Dark" features serene keyboard playing from Johnson and a pretty-sounding guitar solo from Dean. The enjoyable "Hometown Hero"--co-written with Bryan Adams--contains a catchy keyboard melody from Johnson. The pleasing "Read My Lips" exhibits a gratifying intro. I also enjoy how Dean's guitar solo starts off menacingly. On the song's conclusion, I am impressed with the skillful, rapid-fire drumming from Matthew Frenette. The CD booklet includes the song lyrics and various illustrations; for example, there is a black-and-white photo of the band that is spread over two pages and a black-and-white photo of each of the guys. There is also a black-and-white illustration on the back of the CD jewel case. The disc is almost 49 minutes. I recommend this album.

Line Up:

Mike Reno - lead vocals
Paul Dean - guitar, backing vocals
Doug Johnson - keyboards
Scott Smith - bass
Matt Frenette - drums

Tracklist:

01. Notorious
02. Walkin' On Fire
03. Break It To Me Gently
04. Love Will Rise Again
05. Can't Get Much Better
06. Hometown Hero
07. Wildside
08. Don't Let Go
09. That's Where My Money Goes
10. Read My Lips
11. Don't Keep Me In The Dark

+ Video "Love Will Rise Again" (Official Video)
+ Video "Notorious" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jan 2017, 15:21

Loverboy - Keep It Up + Lovin' Every Minute Of It (BGO Digitally Remastered 2006)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 + 1985 (BGO Digitally Remastered 2006)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 198 mb

Bio:

Album:

CD1 - Keep It Up (1983)

2-in1 CD remastered reissue of LOVERBOY third and fourth albums: "Keep It Up / Lovin' Every Minute Of It". You can find "Loverboy / Get Lucky" here.Following up their first two multi-platinum albums, with third effort "Keep It Up" Loverboy continued their road to 80's arena rock / AOR superstars.Despite "Keep It Up" spawned 4 hit singles and went platinum, this is one of the less known Loverboy albums and yes, you guessed it, one of their best.Not only in the songwriting department, but also in its purest first half of the '80s AOR sound / production.I always divided "Keep It Up" in two parts: the first 4 songs are typical feel-good AOR with the catchy 'Hot Girls In Love' being the highlight and the killer 'Strike Zone' showing a more 'rocking' side.Then the remaining 5 cuts represents the more consistent material Loverboy ever placed into a single album.All these are true gems, starting with the superb 'Queen Of The Broken Hearts', which in my opinion is the best Loverboy song of all time, a more complex animal than anything recorded by the band before. It's the surprisingly observant tale of a woman reluctant to fall in love that plays out over a hook-laden midtempo tune that plays off meditative guitar-laden verses against a synth-driven chorus that suddenly accelerates the tempo to an almost dance level.Then there's Doug Johnson’s hypnotic keyboard riff in 'Prime Of Your Life'. I always loved this song and still is one of my '80s favs. Combining AOR hooks with a lush instrumental treatment, this track is pure class.You also have an elaborated approach on 'One Sided Love Affair' built on stately, almost classical synthesizer riffs, a song which I found very Foreigner-like at their best.'Meltdown' is another tune in this artsy vein: it's a slow rocker that merge the heaviest guitar riffs on the album with layered synth parts reminiscent of Rush."Keep It Up" is Loverboy's most consistent album. There's hooks aplenty, but also wonderfully crafted compositions arranged and performed with care. Production is top notch, handled by talented guitarist Paul Dean and master Bruce Fairbairn (who also co-wrote a couple of songs).The fact that "Keep It Up" has been quite hard to find in recent years makes this BGO remaster even more appealing.

CD2 - Lovin' Every Minute Of It (1985)

Remastered reissue of LOVERBOY's third and fourth albums: "Keep It Up / Lovin' Every Minute Of It". You can find "Loverboy / Get Lucky" here.Loverboy perfected a multi-platinum formula with its first three albums, each of which cracked the Top 20 in the U.S. as well as the band’s native Canada. With their fourth release, 1985’s "Lovin’ Every Minute Of It", they wanted a fresh sound according to times.After working with Bruce Fairbairn for five years, the band hired British Tom Allom and brought his whole new crew from England. Additionally, Loverboy decided to work with outside songwriters.Hitmaker Robert John "Mutt" Lange provided the awesome anthemic title track specially penned for them, 'Dangerous' is a Bryan Adams / Jim Vallance co-write arranged with a marvelous melody, while the terrific keyboard-filled AOR of 'This Could Be The Night' wasn't completed until Journey ivory player Jonathan Cain came in to add a fresh perspective, resulting in a right out of the Journey-songbook tune, and of course, a hit.'Steal The Thunder' owns a monster hook, and 'Friday Night' is a fantastic melodic rocker with an addictive chorus where Mike Reno vocals shine The guitar / keyboard interplay of 'Lead A Double Life' is pure '80s, as well as the elaborated harmony / backing vocals featuring some renowned singers such as Canadian Marc LaFrance and Jaime St. James (Black 'n Blue).The album closes on a heavier note with 'Bullet In The Chamber', a vehicle for Paul Dean's skilled guitar work.This BGO remaster is really, really good. If previous album Keep It Up was Loverboy's most inspired moment in terms of songwriting, "Lovin' Every Minute Of It" is their more commercial, 'AOR sounding' album ever. It was 1985, and alongside the crisp vocal treatment the guitar presence is equally on par with the keyboards flurry.Production is polished, clean and punchy in a perfect a US / Canadian AOR fashion, a wet dream for any fan of the genre.

Line Up:

CD1 - Keep It Up (1983)

Mike Reno – Lead Vocals
Paul Dean – Guitar, Vocals
Doug Johnson – Keyboards
Scott Smith – Bass, Vocals
Matt Frenette – Drums
Nancy Nash, Maggie Ryder – Background vocals
Jean Piche – Synthesizers

Mike Reno – Lead Vocals
Scott Smith – Bass, Vocals, Background Vocals
Paul Dean – Guitar, Vocals, Background Vocals
Matt Frenette – Drums, percussion, piano
Doug Johnson – Keyboards, Emulator, Synthesizer

additional personnel:

Marc LaFrance – Vocals, Background Vocals
Rick Livingstone – Vocals, Background Vocals
Ray McGuire – Vocals, Background Vocals
Nancy Nash – Vocals, Background Vocals
Mark Delaney – Vocals, Background Vocals
Jaime St. James – Vocals, Background Vocals
Tommy Thayer – Vocals, Background Vocals
Ramon McGuire – Background Vocals

Tracklist:

CD1 - Keep It Up (1983)

01. Hot Girls In Love
02. Strike Zone
03. It's Never Easy
04. Chance Of A Lifetime
05. Queen Of The Broken Hearts
06. Prime Of Your Life
07. Passion Pit
08. One-Sided Love Affair
09. Meltdown

01. Lovin' Every Minute Of It
02. Steal The Thunder
03. Friday Night
04. This Could Be The Night
05. Too Much Too Soon
06. Lead A Double Life
07. Dangerous
08. Destination Heartbreak
09. Bullet In The Chamber

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2021, 08:42

Loverboy - Unfinished Business (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 108 mb

Bio:

Album:

Loverboy's new release "Unfinished Business" contains new songs in search of a feel, old songs needing new lyrics, seven minute songs yearning to be four, drum machine songs waiting for a real drummer, and everything crying out for hooks, hooks and more hooks. And we were happy to oblige.Multi-platinum Canadian melodic rockers LOVERBOY first new album of all-original studio recordings in seven years."Unfinished Business" could not be more appropriately titled since some of the songs on the album come from writing sessions when Mike Reno & Co. started as band.The album kicks off with "Fire Me Up" which features a classic Paul Dean guitar lick and sounds like it could have been included on their sophomore outing Get Lucky". Next comes "Counting The Nights" with pure '80s keyboard intro courtesy of Doug Johnson and only Mike Reno can make a line like '... open up your eyes, take a look around, do us both a favor, split town' sound cool instead of cheesy."Ain't Such A Bad Thing" chugs along with a great sing-a-long chorus that will have you tapping the dashboard and drumming on the steering wheel for sure.After 3 rockers we get a nice mid-tempo ballad with "Come Undone" and then back to rocking as drummer Matt Frenette kicks "Slave" into high gear. His drumming coupled with Dean's guitar work make this straight ahead rocker sound like a Van Halen outtake from their heyday."What Makes You So Special" is driven by a Loverboy trademark melodic line and a cool guitar riff, while "War Bride" brings some balladry recalling many Eighties soundtracks.Not every song is a keeper, as "Doin' It The Hard Way" is literally filled with cliched lyrics. However, musically is quite good.The album closes out with two strong cuts. First, "You Play The Star" which opens with an Asia / Saga inspired proggy keyboard intro and then turns into a song that would have fit perfectly on the band's self-titled debut album.Last track "Crack Of The Whip" is yet another classic sounding Loverboy tune with a solid verse, keyboards all over and great vocals by Reno."Unfinished Business" is filled with big hooks, catchy choruses and a pumping instrumentation, and truly succeeds in doing exactly what it was meant to do... it gives the hardcore Loverboy / '80s AOR fans some songs they have always wanted to hear while reminding everyone else why we loved these leather clad MTV darlings in the first place.

Line Up:

Mike Reno (lead vocals)
Paul Dean (guitar, vocals)
Doug Johnson (keyboards)
Spider Sinneave (bass)
Matt Frenette (drums)

Tracklist:

01. Fire Me Up
02. Counting the Nights
03. Ain't Such a Bad Thing
04. Come Undone
05. Slave
06. What Makes You So Special
07. War Bride
08. Doin' It the Hard Way
09. You Play the Star
10. Crack of the Whip

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2021, 08:49

Loverboy - Loverboy (1980) (BGO Digitally Remastered 2006)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1980 (BGO Digitally Remastered 2006)
Style : Hard Rock , AOR
Size : 105 mb

Bio:

Album:

Here's the remastered reissue of LOVERBOY's self-titled debut, released by BGO Records in a 2-on-1 CD including second album Get Lucky.Formed in 1979 in Calgary, Alberta, Loverboy was a hit machine from the start, with their self-titled debut spawning the classics 'The Kid Is Hot Tonite' and 'Turn Me Loose' plenty of synths & steady guitars, which have become arena rock staples.With a sonic dream-team including Bruce Fairbairn producing and Bob Rock &Mike Fraser engineering, the band fronted by talented vocalist Mike Reno and conducted by guitarist Paul Dean created a catchy, almost danceable melodic rock / AOR / rock&pop debut here.The most impressive songs are the ones that earned the band their early airplay: 'The Kid Is Hot Tonite' is a radio-ready rocker that slickly balances midtempo guitar riffs with surging synthesizer lines, and "Turn Me Loose" is a clever multi-genre hybrid that blends hard rock guitar, a jumpy beat, and AOR keyboard flourishes into a final product with across-the-board appeal. The remaining songs are just as interesting as the hits because they are similar in style and energy: 'Teenage Overdose' blends gritty hot guitar riffs with snarling lyrics and a pop melody, while 'Little Girl' filters classic rock through new wave sonic techniques to create a retro-styled power pop tune worthy of Cheap Trick. These ambitious hybrids are performed with style and economy by the band, and special note should also be taken of Mike Reno's vocals: whether he's paying tribute to the greats on 'Little Girl' or hitting the peak of his falsetto range in 'Turn Me Loose', he tackles every number with vivacity and verve. The end result alongside the bright production makes perfect car stereo listening - the ultimate compliment for an AOR record. In short, Loverboy is a must for the group's fans and an excellent pick for anyone who enjoys the classic, unrepeatable '80s sounds. This is a really good remaster giving the original some air without losing its essence.

Line Up:

Mike Reno: lead vocals
Paul Dean: guitar, vocals
Doug Johnson: keyboards, vocals
Scott Smith: bass, vocals
Matt Frenette: drums
additional personnel:
Wayne Kozak: saxophone
Nancy Nash: lead and background vocals
Maggie Ryder: background vocals

Tracklist:

01. Kid Is Hot Tonite 4:24
02. Turn Me Loose 5:35
03. Always on My Mind 3:31
04. Lady of the 80's 5:05
05. Little Girl 3:55
06. Prissy Prissy 4:21
07. Teenage Overdose 4:14
08. D.O.A. 3:38
09. It Don't Matter 4:56

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2021, 08:51

Loverboy - Get Lucky (1981) (Remastered 25th Anniversary Edition 2006)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1981 (Remastered 25th Anniversary Edition 2006)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 181 mb

Bio:

Album:

LOVERBOY second album was requested as well and you can find it in the BGO Records in a 2-on-1 CD release, but I think it's better to post here "Get Lucky remastered 25th Anniversary Edition" as it uses the same remaster but including 4 juicy bonus tracks.After making a promising start with their self-titled debut, Loverboy hit the big time with second album "Get Lucky". This canny combination of AOR hooks and new wave production gloss boasts some memorable radio-ready tunes. You have the timeless classic 'Working for the Weekend', a party anthem that blends some gutsy hard-rock guitar riffs with a synthesizer-drenched arrangement to become a huge hit, while "The Lucky Ones" layers clever lyrics about the jealousy that success inspires in others over a song that mixes pomp rock grandeur with a punchy AOR arrangement full of gutsy yet slick guitar riffs. Loverboy got additional airplay with "When It's Over," a moody power ballad that boasts a show-stoppingly emotional vocal performance from Mike Reno, and "Take Me to the Top," a sleek mid-tempo piece built on a hypnotic synthesizer arrangement experimenting with non-conventional song structure. 'Gangs in the Street' rocks and 'Jump' is also excellent with its great guitar riff, solid drumming, and a certain urgency and seriousness that give it strength and power. "Lucky Ones" is a song about how some people have better luck than others. Loverboy does a good job at making social commentary. Loverboy's "Get Lucky" is classic. Who doen't remember this iconic cover artwork, whit the question made for years: Who wears the red leather pants in Loverboy's cover? Not so long ago was revealed that the model wearing the leather pants was 13-year-old Tymara Kennedy, daughter of photographer David Michael Kennedy who shot the cover.Again produced by the great Bruce Fairbairn, "Get Lucky" is pure '80s. This remastered reissue is excellent, perfectly balanced in sound and including very interesting previously unreleased bonus tracks.

Line Up:

Mike Reno – vocals
Paul Dean – guitar, vocals
Doug Johnson – keyboards
Scott Smith – bass, vocals
Matt Frenette – drums
Nancy Nash, Maggie Ryder – background vocals

Tracklist:

01. Working For The Weekend
02. When It's Over
03. Jump
04. Gangs In The Street
05. Emotional
06. Lucky Ones
07. It's Your Life
08. Watch Out
09. Take Me To The Top
10. I Told You So (Previously Unreleased Demo) (Bonus Track)
11. Boy Likes The Girl (Previously Unreleased Demo) (Bonus Track)
12. Your Town Saturday Night (Previously Unreleased Demo) (Bonus Track)
13.Working For The Weekend (Previously Unreleased Demo) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Lucky Ones" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Nov 2021, 09:34

Loverboy - Get Lucky (1981) (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1981 (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Album:

Rock Candy Records has done their own remastered version of LOVERBOY‘s most beloved ’80s album ”Get Lucky”, a fully 24-bit treatment from the original source tapes. The Vancouver slick melodic act became one of the most successful Canadian acts in America with their self-titled debut including the single hits “Turn Me Loose” and “The Kid Is Hot Tonite” which sold more than 2 million copies.This follow up “Get Lucky”, which was produced again by Bruce Fairbairn got released in 1981 and followed the same musical paths with augmented radio potential. With the first single release “Working For The Weekend” they would score an even bigger single hit and secured their status as Canada’s best selling melodic rock act ever.While previous remastered versions of “Get Lucky” are a really good, this Rock Candy fresh release not only sounds huge and detailed, but also makes this essential album available again.After making a promising start with their self-titled debut, Loverboy hit the big time with second album “Get Lucky”. This canny combination of AOR hooks and melodic rock / new wave production gloss boasts some memorable radio-ready tunes.You have the timeless classic ‘Working for the Weekend’, a party anthem that blends some gutsy hard-rock guitar riffs with a synthesizer-drenched arrangement to become a huge hit, while “The Lucky Ones” layers clever lyrics about the jealousy that success inspires in others over a song that mixes pomp rock grandeur with a punchy AOR arrangement full of gutsy yet slick guitar riffs.Loverboy got additional airplay with “When It’s Over,” a moody power ballad that boasts a show-stoppingly emotional vocal performance from Mike Reno, and “Take Me to the Top,” a sleek mid-tempo piece built on a hypnotic synthesizer arrangement experimenting with non-conventional song structure.‘Gangs in the Street’ rocks and ‘Jump’ is also excellent with its great guitar riff, solid drumming, and a certain urgency and seriousness that give it strength and power. “Lucky Ones” is a song about how some people have better luck than others. Loverboy does a good job at making social commentary.Loverboy’s “Get Lucky” is a classic. Who doesn’t remember the iconic cover artwork with the question made for years: Who wears the red leather pants in Loverboy’s cover? Not so long ago it was revealed that the model wearing the leather pants was 13-year-old Tymara Kennedy, daughter of photographer David Michael Kennedy who shot the cover.With the unmistakable production by the great Bruce Fairbairn,“Get Lucky” is pure ’80s.

Line Up:

Mike Reno – vocals
Paul Dean – guitar, vocals
Doug Johnson – keyboards
Scott Smith – bass, vocals
Matt Frenette – drums
Nancy Nash, Maggie Ryder – background vocals

Tracklist:

01. Working For The Weekend
02. When It's Over
03. Jump
04. Gangs In The Street
05. Emotional
06. Lucky Ones
07. It's Your Life
08. Watch Out
09. Take Me To The Top

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Dec 2021, 10:46

Loverboy - Loverboy (1980) (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1980 (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)
Size : 101 mb

Bio:

Album:

Rock Candy Record has done their own remastered version of LOVERBOY‘s debut album ”Loverboy”, a fully 24-bit sonic treatment from the original source tapes. This Vancouver slick melodic act became one of the most successful Canadian acts in America with their self-titled debut including the single hits “Turn Me Loose” and “The Kid Is Hot Tonite” which sold more than 2 million copies.While previous remastered versions of “Loverboy” are a good, this Rock Candy fresh release not only sounds huge and detailed, but also is welcomed reissue making this ’80s essential album available again.Formed in 1979 in Calgary, Alberta, Loverboy was a hit machine from the start, with their self-titled debut spawning the classics ‘The Kid Is Hot Tonite’ and ‘Turn Me Loose’ plenty of synths & steady guitars, which have become arena rock staples.With a sonic dream-team including Bruce Fairbairn producing and Bob Rock &Mike Fraser engineering, the band fronted by talented vocalist Mike Reno and conducted by guitarist Paul Dean created a catchy, almost danceable melodic rock / AOR / rock&pop debut here.The most impressive songs are the ones that earned the band their early airplay: ‘The Kid Is Hot Tonite’ is a radio-ready rocker that slickly balances midtempo guitar riffs with surging synthesizer lines, and “Turn Me Loose” is a clever multi-genre hybrid that blends hard rock guitar, a jumpy beat, and AOR keyboard flourishes into a final product with across-the-board appeal.The remaining tracks are just as interesting as these hits because they are similar in style and energy: ‘Teenage Overdose’ blends gritty hot guitar riffs with snarling lyrics and a pop melody, while ‘Little Girl’ filters classic rock through new wave sonic techniques to create a retro-styled power pop tune worthy of Cheap Trick.These ambitious hybrids are performed with style and economy by the band, and special note should also be taken of Mike Reno’s vocals: whether he’s paying tribute to the greats on ‘Little Girl’ or hitting the peak of his falsetto range in ‘Turn Me Loose’, he tackles every number with vivacity and verve.The end result alongside the bright production makes perfect car stereo listening – the ultimate compliment for an AOR record.In short, ”Loverboy” is a must for the group’s fans and an excellent pick for anyone who enjoys the classic, unrepeatable ’80s sounds. This is a really good remaster by Rock Candy.

Line Up:

Mike Reno: lead vocals
Paul Dean: guitar, vocals
Doug Johnson: keyboards, vocals
Scott Smith: bass, vocals
Matt Frenette: drums

additional personnel:

Wayne Kozak: saxophone
Nancy Nash: lead and background vocals
Maggie Ryder: background vocals

Tracklist:

01. The Kid Is Hot Tonight
02. Turn Me Loose
03. Always On My Mind
04. Lady Of The 80’s
05. Little Girl
06. Prissy Prissy
07. Teenage Overdose
08. DOA
09. It Don’t Matter

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Jan 2022, 07:06

Loverboy - Keep It Up (1983) (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Rock Candy Remastered 2021)
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Album:

After the reissue of LOVERBOY‘s first two albums, Rock Candy Records continue with their fresh remastered version of the Canadians third effort: “Keep It Up“. Despite “Keep It Up” spawned 4 hit singles and went platinum, this is one of the less known Loverboy albums and yes, one of their best. Not only in the songwriting department (with the help of guru Bruce Fairbairn, producing as well), but also in its purest first half of the ’80s AOR sound.“Keep It Up” continued in the same vein as previous recordings, mixing a potent blend of melodic rock, sophisticated production and contemporary sounds that were just right for the period. It also showed the band working as a tight unit giving every member room to impress, led by the immediately commanding vocals of frontman Mike Reno and Paul Dean’s razor-sharp guitar riffs.I always divided “Keep It Up” in two parts: the first 4 songs are typical feel-good AOR with the catchy ‘Hot Girls In Love’ being the highlight and the killer ‘Strike Zone’ showing a more ‘rocking’ side.Then the remaining 5 cuts represents the more consistent material Loverboy ever placed into a single album.All these are true gems, starting with the superb ‘Queen Of The Broken Hearts’, which in my opinion is the best Loverboy song of all time, a more complex animal than anything recorded by the band before. It’s the surprisingly observant tale of a woman reluctant to fall in love that plays out over a hook-laden midtempo tune that plays off meditative guitar-laden verses against a synth-driven chorus that suddenly accelerates the tempo to an almost dance level.Then there’s Doug Johnson’s hypnotic keyboard riff in ‘Prime Of Your Life’. I always loved this song and still is one of my ’80s favs. Combining AOR hooks with a lush instrumental treatment, this track is pure class.
You also have an elaborated approach on ‘One Sided Love Affair’ built on stately, almost classical synthesizer riffs, a song which I found very Foreigner-like at their best.‘Meltdown’ is another tune in this artsy vein: it’s a slow rocker that merge the heaviest guitar riffs on the album with layered synth parts reminiscent of Rush.“Keep It Up” is Loverboy’s most consistent album. There’s hooks aplenty, but also wonderfully crafted compositions arranged and performed with care. The fact that “Keep It Up” has been quite hard to find in recent years makes this Rock Candy reissue even more appealing.It’s generally accepted that the essence of a remastered album is the unaltered sound of the original recording, cleaned up, polished and balanced for today’s audio. Rock Candy seem to get this right with “Keep It Up”.A MUST for anyone who is into ’80s AOR.

Line Up:

Mike Reno – Lead Vocals
Paul Dean – Guitar, Vocals
Doug Johnson – Keyboards
Scott Smith – Bass, Vocals
Matt Frenette – Drums
Nancy Nash, Maggie Ryder – Background vocals
Jean Piche – Synthesizers

Tracklist:

01. Hot Girls In Love
02. Strike Zone
03. It’s Never Easy
04. Chance Of A Lifetime
05. Queen Of The Broken Hearts
06. Prime Of Your Life
07. Passion Pit
08. One-sided Love Affair
09. Meltdown

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 29 neregistrovaných