Bernie Marsden (GBR)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Bernie Marsden (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Aug 2015, 15:35

Bernie Marsden - And About Time Too (1979) (Hear No Evil Recordings Edition 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1979 (Hear No Evil Recordings Edition 2013)
Style : Blues Rock , Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 125 mb

Bio:

Bernard John "Bernie" Marsden (born 7 May 1951) is an English rock guitarist.[1] Having played with Glenn Cornick's Wild Turkey in 1974, he then played with Babe Ruth, from 1975–76, before becoming an original member of Paice Ashton Lord in 1977 and then joining the hard rock band, Whitesnake, after having the possibility of playing with his boy-time hero Paul McCartney and Wings because while waiting, David Coverdale asked him to form Whitesnake. In more recent years, Marsden has toured with his bands Company of Snakes, M3 (both formed with fellow former Whitesnake members Micky Moody and Neil Murray), and performed with Elkie Brooks. Over the years he has taken part in a number of sessions and has released a handful of solo albums (And About Time, Too!, Look at Me Now, Green & Blues, Stacks). He has also collaborated with Micky Moody on a number of Marsden-Moody live and studio projects. On the Sweden Rock Festival on 10 June 2011 Bernie Marsden played with Whitesnake for the first time since 1981, thus becoming the second of only two former Whitesnake band members who have played with Whitesnake in recent years, the other person being Adrian Vandenberg, who also played with them on the Sweden Rock Festival. In the last ten years, Marsden has been involved in very different projects. The most unusual being two engagements at the National Theatre in London for Nickolas Hytner's productions of Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale" and "Henry the V" in collaboration with Simon Webb. Also, he appeared in ZDF television in Germany for their production of "Frankie", a six-part TV special. After this, Marsden has worked alongside Robert Plant, Paul Weller, Ian Paice and Jon Lord for a charity concert in London. Bernie also played Guitar with Ringo Starr and his son Zak Starkey in Monte Carlo. Most recently, he has been playing and writing for guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa.Bernie Marsden now endorses PRS Guitars and has his own Signature guitar released in 2012. As of the beginning of 2013, he is recording his new album for Mascot Provogue records at Abbey Road Studios in London and Royal Studios in Memphis. He has also produced a Blues Documentary, in collaboration with Jim Singleton, filmed in Mississippi for release in late 2013.

Album:

Before joining the original line-up of Whitesnake, Bernie Marsden had already enjoyed a varied career having been in Wild Turkey, Cozy Powell’s Hammer, Babe Ruth and UFO. After a short period in Paice Ashton Lord (or PAL), a band featuring ex-Deep Purple and future Whitesnake members Ian Paice on drums and the late, great Jon Lord on keyboards, Bernie found his niche as lead guitarist for David Coverdale’s new band Whitesnake in 1978 for the “Snakebite EP” and “Trouble” LP.Originally released by EMI on their famed Parlophone label in 1979, “And About Time Too!” has an impressive list of guest musicians; Cream’s Jack Bruce on bass and vocals, Don Airey (Rainbow, Ozzy, Deep Purple, Colosseum II) on keyboards, Ian Paice (Whitesnake, Deep Purple) on drums, semi-legendary session drummer Simon Phillips (Jeff Beck, David Gilmour, Judas Priest, Toto), Cozy Powell (Jeff Beck, Rainbow, MSG, Black Sabbath, Whitesnake) on drums, Neil Murray (Colosseum II, Whitesnake) on bass and Jon Lord (Deep Purple, Whitesnake) on keyboards, all make an appearance on the album.The album was produced, by Martin Birch famed for his work with Fleetwood Mac, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, features the rare non-album b-side ‘You & Me’.The release features artwork based on photos from the original album session, plus an interview conducted in 2012 with Bernie himself.

Line Up:

Micky Moody : Vocals, Guitar Company Of Snakes, Whitesnake
Bernard John Marsden, : Vocals, Guitar Company Of Snakes, Alaska, Whitesnake

Former/Past members

Zak Starkey : Drums
Jaz Lochrie : Bass, Back Vocals

Tracklist:

01. You're the One
02. Song for Fran
03. Love Made a Fool of Me
04. Here We Go Again
05. Still the Same
06. Sad Clown
07. Brief Encounter
08. Are You Ready
09. Head the Ball
10. You and Me (b-side) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Bernie Marsden (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Jan 2022, 07:31

Bernie Marsden - Shine (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Hard Rock , Classic Rock , Blues Rock
Size : 135 mb

Bio:

Bernard John “Bernie” Marsden (born 7 May 1951) is an English rock and blues guitarist. He is primarily known for his work with Whitesnake having written or co-written with David Coverdale many of the group’s hit songs, such as “Here I Go Again”.Having played with Glenn Cornick’s Wild Turkey in 1974, he then played with Babe Ruth, from 1975–76, before becoming an original member of Paice Ashton Lord in 1977 and then joining the hard rock band, Whitesnake, after having the possibility of playing with his boy-time hero Paul McCartney and Wings because while waiting, David Coverdale asked him to form Whitesnake.In more recent years, Marsden has toured with his bands Company of Snakes, M3 (both formed with fellow former Whitesnake members Micky Moody and Neil Murray), and performed with Elkie Brooks.Over the years he has taken part in a number of sessions and has released a handful of solo albums (And About Time, Too!, Look at Me Now, Green & Blues, Stacks). He has also collaborated with Micky Moody on a number of Marsden-Moody live and studio projects.On the Sweden Rock Festival on 10 June 2011 Bernie Marsden played with Whitesnake for the first time since 1981, thus becoming the second of only two former Whitesnake band members who have played with Whitesnake in recent years, the other person being Adrian Vandenberg, who also played with them on the Sweden Rock Festival.In the last ten years, Marsden has been involved in very different projects. The most unusual being two engagements at the National Theatre in London for Nickolas Hytner’s productions of Shakespeare’s “The Winter’s Tale” and “Henry the V” in collaboration with Simon Webb. Also, he appeared in ZDF television in Germany for their production of “Frankie”, a six-part TV special. After this, Marsden has worked alongside Robert Plant, Paul Weller, Ian Paice and Jon Lord for The Sunflower Jam charity concert in London. Bernie also played Guitar with Ringo Starr and his son Zak Starkey in Monte Carlo. Most recently, he has been playing and writing for guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa.Bernie Marsden now endorses PRS Guitars and has his own Signature guitar released in 2012. As of the beginning of 2013, he started recording his new album, Shine, for Mascot Provogue records at Abbey Road Studios in London and Royal Studios in Memphis. He has also produced a blues documentary, A Day in the Delta, in collaboration with Jim Singleton, filmed in Mississippi.

Album:

Marsden will release his new solo album, "Shine", on August 18 via Provogue as a double-LP, CD and digital download.At a rough guesstimate, Marsden's name appears on a hundred albums — maybe more. In addition to a long-running solo career, the Buckinghamshire-born guitarist has been a recording musician since the early 1970s via membership of such groups as WHITESNAKE, UFO, WILD TURKEY, BABE RUTH, PAICE ASHTON & LORD, COZY POWELL’S HAMMER, ALASKA, M3 and many more. Though there’s a tendency to pigeonhole him as a blues-rock guitarist, each of Marsden's acts had its own individual flavor.Although Marsden was wary of flooding the credits with too many special guests, "Shine" does feature some extremely well-known names, from Joe Bonamassa to WHITESNAKE singer David Coverdale and the DEEP PURPLE duo of Ian Paice (drums) and Don Airey (keyboards). Jimmy Copley of Jeff Beck fame behind the kit and Mark Feltham of NINE BELOW ZERO also supplies some breathtaking harmonica playing.Marsden previously said the style of the album will harken back to the WHITESNAKE "Ready An' Willing" era: "Kind of gone retro, but with a 2012-2013 sound, if you know what I mean," he said. "A young guy's producing it, and I’m very pleased for them to do it, because they bring a lot to the table. I just write the songs and play guitar, which is nice."Marsden joined WHITESNAKE on stage in Manchester, England in May 2013 to play "Fool For Your Loving" and "Here I Go Again".Asked in a 2012 interview with Geeks Of Doom what he thought of his songs being re-recorded by later lineups of WHITESNAKE, Marsden said: "I thought 'Here I Go Again' was fabulous because for me it was such a long time after I had written the song that I could listen to WHITESNAKE in that period as if I was listening to JOURNEY or FOREIGNER: it was just another band who were really good. But they were an American band by then [who] just happened to have the same name and the same singer and guy I worked with. 'Fool For Your Lovin'', when they re-recorded that I felt it lacked some of the heart and soul of what the song was all about and I know that David [Coverdale, WHITESNAKE frontman] has more or less said the same thing in interviews over the years. I think Steve Vai is a wonderful guitar player and he did a very good Steve Vai job on that track, but I didn't think it had the heart of what the song was all about. So you win some, you lose some. But having said that it sold about three-and-a half, four, five million [copies], so I can't complain too much! [laughs] It continues to do well to this day."Regarding whether there are any unresolved issues between him and Coverdale, Marsden said: "Certainly not between David and I. We're as close now as I think we ever were which I never thought, up until a couple of years ago, I would have said in an interview. He's completely upfront with me, straight with me and if he wants me to do something he calls himself, he doesn't have people call me and we chat on the phone. I was feeling lonesome in Euston station a couple of months ago and I looked at my phone and I thought… 'I'll call him up.' So I left him a message and I just sang, 'Sitting in the railway station, waiting for my destination,' because I didn't think he was in. He called me back within about ten minutes: 'What the hell are you doing in Euston station?' he says. 'It's one o'clock in the morning! I'll talk to you until your train goes.' I appreciate that because I think it's nice for men of a certain age who have done quite a bit in their lives together to be as close as they can as older men. That sounds a bit profound, doesn't it?! But I really do believe that. I'm very happy whenever I've been onstage with him again. That, to me, is a tremendous bonus and I love every minute of it and just to be able to phone each other up and just say, 'Hey, how you doing, mate?' that's as important to me. For me, it closes the circle. Or opens a friendship that I thought may have been gone."

Line Up:

Bernie Marsden - Guitars , Vocals (Ex-Whitesnake, Alaska , UFO)

Guests:

Ian Paice - Drums
Don Airey - Keyboards
Joe Bonamassa - Guitars
David Coverdale - Vocals
Jimmy Copley - Drums
Mark Feltham - Vocals, Harmonica

Tracklist:

01. Linin' Track
02. Wedding Day
03. Walk Away
04. Kinda Wish She Would
05. Ladyfriend
06. Trouble
07. Who Do We Think We Are?
08. Bad Blood
09. Shine
10. Dragonfly
11. You Better Run
12. Hoxie Rollin' Time
13. Nw8

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Jan 2022, 07:31

Bernie Marsden - Chess (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Blues Rock

Bio:

Bernard John "Bernie" Marsden (born 7 May 1951) is an English rock guitarist.[1] Having played with Glenn Cornick's Wild Turkey in 1974, he then played with Babe Ruth, from 1975–76, before becoming an original member of Paice Ashton Lord in 1977 and then joining the hard rock band, Whitesnake, after having the possibility of playing with his boy-time hero Paul McCartney and Wings because while waiting, David Coverdale asked him to form Whitesnake. In more recent years, Marsden has toured with his bands Company of Snakes, M3 (both formed with fellow former Whitesnake members Micky Moody and Neil Murray), and performed with Elkie Brooks. Over the years he has taken part in a number of sessions and has released a handful of solo albums (And About Time, Too!, Look at Me Now, Green & Blues, Stacks). He has also collaborated with Micky Moody on a number of Marsden-Moody live and studio projects. On the Sweden Rock Festival on 10 June 2011 Bernie Marsden played with Whitesnake for the first time since 1981, thus becoming the second of only two former Whitesnake band members who have played with Whitesnake in recent years, the other person being Adrian Vandenberg, who also played with them on the Sweden Rock Festival. In the last ten years, Marsden has been involved in very different projects. The most unusual being two engagements at the National Theatre in London for Nickolas Hytner's productions of Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale" and "Henry the V" in collaboration with Simon Webb. Also, he appeared in ZDF television in Germany for their production of "Frankie", a six-part TV special. After this, Marsden has worked alongside Robert Plant, Paul Weller, Ian Paice and Jon Lord for a charity concert in London. Bernie also played Guitar with Ringo Starr and his son Zak Starkey in Monte Carlo. Most recently, he has been playing and writing for guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa.Bernie Marsden now endorses PRS Guitars and has his own Signature guitar released in 2012. As of the beginning of 2013, he is recording his new album for Mascot Provogue records at Abbey Road Studios in London and Royal Studios in Memphis. He has also produced a Blues Documentary, in collaboration with Jim Singleton, filmed in Mississippi for release in late 2013.

Album:

Former Whitesnake guitarist BERNIE MARSDEN is releasing ”Chess”, the second album in Marsden’s ‘Inspiration Series’, the follow up to the #1 Blues album ‘Kings’ appeared early this year. Featuring 10 songs that were originally issued by the legendary Chicago label Chess, this is another labour of love for Bernie.Songs by giants such as Howling Wolf, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and Elmore James, have all been given a new lease of life in these remarkably fresh recordings, and once again as on the first ‘Inspiration Series’ CD, there’s two Bernie Marsden penned tracks inspired by Chess artists appear as bonus tracks on the album.”Chess” is blues, blues rocking, where he chooses and crafts his own interpretation of the iconic artists and songs that helped inspire and shape his own musical style and taste. It’s all great classic rock, thanks not only to Marsden (who sings as wonderfully as he plays), but also to his seasoned band.In 2021, inspired by a conversation with Billy Gibbons, original Whitesnake guitarist Bernie Marsden began his ‘Inspirations series’ by releasing the well-received ‘Kings’, covers of songs by bluesmen Albert, BB and Freddie King. Now comes this similarly packaged second volume of songs once recorded for Chess, revisiting the musicians and records that helped shape Marsden’s life.The album was recorded in the old- school way: live in one room, minimum overdubs, simply wringing the best out of a lifetime’s experience on vintage instruments. The result is a mixture of reverential re-tread and contemporary revamp.It opens with a song that puts a blazing harmonica in the spotlight: Little Walter’s ‘Just Your Fool’. After that, riffs by legendary bluesmen motor by, among them ‘Back In The USA’ (Chuck Berry), ‘I Can’t Hold Out’ (Elmore James), ‘Fattening Frogs For Snakes’ (Sonny Boy Williamson) and ‘I’m Ready’ (Willie Dixon).Any one of these could stand alone as a great recording by Marsden, and collectively they crackle with the energy of a man clearly thrilled to repay perceived debts to the musicians he first heard as a teenager.Another Dixon song, ‘You Can’t Judge A Book’ (a hit for Bo Diddley in 1962), is a highlight, as is ‘Grits Ain’t Groceries’ (by Titus Turner, who wrote the song as All Around The World in 1955) done here in the style of Little Milton’s re-titled hit of 1969.To slow things down, Marsden revisits the canon of Albert King for ‘Won’t Be Hanging Around’, here featuring a heartfelt vocal that perfectly matches the sweet notes of his guitar.Two fine Marsden-written songs close the set as bonus tracks – ‘Lester’ (named for Les Paul) and ‘Johnny’ (as in Winter, because Marsden recorded the track using his 1964 Gibson Firebird, Winter’s weapon of choice) – but the album peaks with ‘Who’s Been Talking’ (by Chester Burnett, aka Howlin’ Wolf). It’s delivered in the style of Fleetwood Mac’s Otis Rush-inspired ‘Black Magic Woman’, with a stunning solo that matches the tone and feel of Peter Green. The track is truly beautiful, and cements ”Chess” as a work of both entertainment and education.

Line Up:

Bernard John Marsden, : Vocals, Guitar Company Of Snakes, Alaska, Whitesnake
John Gordon - Bass
Jim Russell - Drums
Bob Haddrell - Keyboards
Alan Glen – Harmonica

Tracklist:

01. Just Your Fool (Walter Jacobs)(3:21)
02. Back in the USA (Chuck Berry) (2:31)
03. Grits Ain't Groceries (Titus Turner) (2:37)
04. I'm Ready (Willie Dixon) (3:45)
05. You Can't Judge a Book (Willie Dixon) (2:26)
06. I Can't Hold On (Elmore James) (3:48)
07. Won't Be Hanging Around (Albert King) (3:52)
08. Fattening Frogs For Snakes (Sonny Boy Williamson) (2:26)
09. That's Alright (James A Lane) (4:19)
10. Who's Been Talking (Chester Burnett) (3:57)
11. Lester (Instr.) (Bernie Marsden) (2:19)
12. Johnny (Instr.) (Bernie Marsden) (2:07)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Aug 2022, 06:28

Bernie Marsden - Trios (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Audio : 320 kbps + front

Bio:

Album:

Many will know guitarist BERNIE MARSDEN for being a founder member of Whitesnake, one of the biggest hard rock bands of all time, and writing the iconic global smash, “Here I Go Again”. Since leaving Whitesnake 40 years ago, Bernie has forged an impressive solo career, culminating in two UK Top 40 selling albums in 2021 with ‘Kings’ then ‘Chess’. Both were #1 in the Blues Charts and resulted in him receiving the Lord of the Blues award by HRH.2022 Marsden is back – it’s always a pleasure to see him active – with a new CD titled ”Trios”, where the legendary British guitarist delivers another master class in classic rock history.After his blues tribute albums ‘Kings’ and ‘Chess’ both released past year, on ”Trios” Bernie Marsden now recreates tracks by his favourite guitarists leading power trios, using his own three-piece completed by drummer Jimmy Copley (who passed away in 2017) and bassist David Levy (who was with Rory Gallagher on his final tours). The sessions date from 2007 but are previously unreleased.This album does allow the harder rocking side of Marsden come to the fore, with some killer work both with guitar and vocally throughout, from Jimi Hendrix to Leslie West / Mountain.Bernie’s workout on ‘Never in my Life’ would have made Leslie West smile, for it is a fine version of the Mountain classic, and the addition of the instantly recognisable riff from ‘Nantucket Sleighride’ is a beauty of an addition. Marsden also plays the vocals superbly, bringing his own style rather than trying to imitate the now-departed Mountain frontman.There’s a double Hendrix trip here, unsurprising given the man’s influence on so many guitarists of Marsden’s era. First up is ‘Drifting’ which is one of Hendrix’s most delicate songs. Marsden gives this a beautiful touch and feel, making it his own whilst ensuring the integrity of the original.In contrast, ‘Spanish Castle Magic’ sees Marsden ripping out the heaviness which is a feature of the original and he also manages to maintain the trippy feel which is essential.Robin Trower is a much-loved guitarist who is deservedly included here, Marsden bringing a great version of ‘The Rolling Stoned’ to the table. Once more Marsden brings his own flicks and tricks to give the song his own flavour, and it works particularly well here.The underrated James Gang deservedly get the full works with a cracking version of ‘Funk 49’.The oldest song here, ‘Outside Woman Blues’ – first recorded by ‘Blind’ Joe Reynolds in 1929 – is covered in homage to Clapton as on Cream’s Disraeli Gears in 1967. From that same year comes Peter Green rarity ‘Driftin’ Blues’, which he recorded alongside Mick Fleetwood and John McVie pre-Fleetwood Mac.The album closes with a great new take on Cozy Powell’s ‘Na Na Na’ (featuring one B. Marsden, and a hit in 1974).In all these songs Marsden demonstrates his respect, passion, and pride in playing some legendary ‘power trio’ songs, performed with a rocking approach. As said, it’s great to see Bernie busy and delivering such quality stuff.In all, another master class in rock history.

Line Up:

Bernard John Marsden, : Vocals, Guitar - See also: Company Of Snakes, Alaska, Whitesnake
David Levy – bass
Jimmy Copley – drums

Tracklist:

01. Black Cat Moan
02. Driftin’ Blues
03. Funk #49
04. Never In My Life
05. Outside Woman Blues
06. Drifting
07. Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo
08. Same Old Story
09. Spanish Castle Magic
10. Too Rolling Stoned
11. Na Na Na

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2023, 06:43

Bernie Marsden - Working Man (2CD) (Limited Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022 (Limited Edition)
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 209 mb

Bio:

Album:

Original WHITESNAKE guitarist BERNIE MARSDEN sadly passed away last August. Now a posthumous album titled “Working Man” will be released. Although Bernie had always worked hard and kept busy, most recently releasing three solo albums since 2021 in “Kings”, “Chess” and “Trios” as part of his “Inspirations” series, only a few knew that he had just completed a brand new album.Earlier in August, Bernie had approved the artwork, sequence and audio masters for “Working Man“, an album of Marsden original songs. The final recording sessions took place in June 2023, and Bernie was fully involved in the mixing and planning for the album, and he really wanted “Working Man” to come out in late summer, but because of the longer lead time needed to manufacture vinyl, it was scheduled for release late this year.After the last three albums of covers, he was keen for his fans to hear some new, original songs. He loved working on them in the studio during lockdown and he couldn’t wait to get the album out into the world.“Working Man” contains 12 brand-new Bernie Marsden-penned tracks produced by himself and mixed by Dave Eringa (THE WHO). This limited first pressing of the LP / CD will come with a bonus disc with some astonishing reinterpretations of classic WHITESNAKE songs.

Line Up:

Bernard John Marsden, : Vocals, Guitar - See also: Company Of Snakes, Alaska, Whitesnake
David Levy – bass
Jimmy Copley – drums

Tracklist:

CD1 “Working Man”

01. Being Famous
02. Midtown
03. Longtime
04. Invisible (feat Jaime Kyle)
05. Son I’ve Never Known
06. Steelhouse Mountain
07. Working Man
08. Valentine’s Day
09. Savannah
10. Bad Reputation
11. You Know
12. The Pearl

CD2 ”Bonus / Re-recordings”

01. Look At Me Now
02. Midnight Believer
03. Who’s Fooling Who?
04. Just Don’t Have The Time
05. Foolish Day
06. Here I Go Again
07. Ain’t No Love In the Heart of the City
08. Til the Day I Die
09. The Time is Right for Love
10. Come On In My Kitchen

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných