The Pretty Reckless (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Pretty Reckless (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Máj 2015, 13:16

The Pretty Reckless - Light Me Up (Japan Edition) (2011)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2011 (Japan Edition)
Style : Alternative Rock , Hard Rock , Female Vocal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

The Pretty Reckless are an American hard rock band from New York City. The current members are Taylor Momsen (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Ben Phillips (lead guitar, backing vocals), Mark Damon (bass) and Jamie Perkins (drums).Their debut album, Light Me Up, was released on August 30, 2010 in the UK. They released their first single on May 13, 2010. The album spawned three moderately successful singles and its most notable, "Make Me Wanna Die", topped the UK Rock Charts upon release. The band released their second extended play entitled Hit Me Like a Man EP in early 2012, along with two brand new music videos of songs previously heard on their debut album. These releases coincided with their second tour.The band embarked on a worldwide tour in 2010 in support of their debut album, the Light Me Up Tour, which concluded in March 2012. Four days after the end of their first tour, they embarked on their second tour, The Medicine Tour, where they appeared as a support act for Marilyn Manson and Evanescence.

Album:

Light Me Up is the debut studio album by American alternative rock band The Pretty Reckless, released on August 27, 2010 by Interscope Records. The album received commercial success with the singles "Make Me Wanna Die", "Miss Nothing", and "Just Tonight".The record process started in 2008, after Taylor Momsen met producer Kato Khandwala and his partner, songwriter Ben Phillips. By the summer of 2009, they felt they had found an authentic sound. Two months before the album's release, the band released the self-titled EP containing four songs expected to appear in the future record. However, the song "Zombie" was not present in the initial track listing, later appearing on the North and South American release.The album received much more success in the UK, where it was released months before the American release. The warmer British reception spanned the singles "Miss Nothing" and "Just Tonight", which were not released anywhere else.Upon its release, Light Me Up received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from critics, the album received an average score of 74, which indicates "generally favorable reviews", based on five reviews.Light Me Up debuted at number six on the UK Albums Chart, selling 11,916 copies in its first week.On July 22, 2013, the album was certified silver by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), denoting shipments in excess of 60,000 copies.It also debuted at number 65 on the Billboard 200, selling 9,000 copies in its first week."Make Me Wanna Die" was released on March 30, 2010 in the US and on May 13, 2010 in the UK. A promotional video was released which features live performances and backstage footage of the band. This video is widely recognized as a viral version and was released on May 13, 2010. The official music video was postponed due to legal issues involving censorship, but premiered on September 15, 2010 on iTunes and VEVO."Miss Nothing" was released on August 23, 2010 only in the UK. The music video for "Miss Nothing" was released on July 20, 2010 on VEVO."Just Tonight" was released on December 27, 2010 only in the UK after being pushed back from November 9. The music video was released on VEVO on November 2.

Line Up:

Taylor Momsen – vocals (all tracks); backing vocals ("My Medicine", "Just Tonight")
Ben Phillips – guitar (all tracks); backing vocals ("Make Me Wanna Die", "Zombie", "Goin' Down")
Jamie Perkins – drums (all except "Zombie" and "You"); percussion ("Zombie")

Additional personnel:

John Bender – backing vocals (all except "My Medicine")
Jon Cohan – drum technician (all except "You")
William Derella – executive producer
Jonathan Dinklage – violin ("Make Me Wanna Die", "You")
Lauren Dukoff – photography
Dave Eggar – cello ("Make Me Wanna Die", "You")
Robert Fisher – art direction, design
James Frazee – assistant engineering (all except "Make Me Wanna Die", "Miss Nothing", "Goin' Down", and "You"); additional engineering ("Factory Girl")
Kato Khandwala – engineering, guitar, mixing, production (all tracks); programming (all except "Goin' Down"); percussion (all except "Since You're Gone" and "Zombie"); bass (all except "My Medicine" and "You"); string arrangement ("Make Me Wanna Die", "Just Tonight", "You")
Dan Korneff – mix engineering ("Make Me Wanna Die")
Michael "Mitch" Milan – assistant engineering (all except "You")
David Sonenberg – executive producer

Tracklist:

01. My Medicine
02. Since You're Gone
03. Make Me Wanna Die
04. Light Me Up
05. Just Tonight
06. Miss Nothing
07. Goin' Down
08. Nothing Left To Lose
09. Factory Girl
10. You
11. Zombie (Bonus Track)
12. Make Me Wanna Die (Bonus Track)
13. Far From Never (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Miss Nothing" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: The Pretty Reckless (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Máj 2015, 10:11

The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell (Limited Deluxe Edition) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

The Pretty Reckless are an American hard rock band from New York City. The current members are Taylor Momsen (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Ben Phillips (lead guitar, backing vocals), Mark Damon (bass) and Jamie Perkins (drums).Their debut album, Light Me Up, was released on August 30, 2010 in the UK. They released their first single on May 13, 2010. The album spawned three moderately successful singles and its most notable, "Make Me Wanna Die", topped the UK Rock Charts upon release. The band released their second extended play entitled Hit Me Like a Man EP in early 2012,along with two brand new music videos of songs previously heard on their debut album. These releases coincided with their second tour.The band embarked on a worldwide tour in 2010 in support of their debut album, the Light Me Up Tour, which concluded in March 2012. Four days after the end of their first tour, they embarked on their second tour, The Medicine Tour, where they appeared as a support act for Marilyn Manson and Evanescence.

Album:

The RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS used to sing in their zany years that Catholic school girls rule. You needn't be a charter member of the Chester the Molester brigade to pull the sexual connotation from that song. THE PRETTY RECKLESS' Taylor Momsen is a one-time Catholic school girl and the cover of her band's latest album "Going to Hell" will likely lure those closet meat boppers straight to it upon sight. Momsen plays the bad girl angle to her advantage in THE PRETTY RECKLESS, but this time, there's a different rosary-ditching motive behind "Going to Hell".Following a successful run as openers for MARILYN MANSON and GUNS N' ROSES, Hurricane Sandy blasted into THE PRETTY RECKLESS' studio as they began the recording sessions for their new album. Having reportedly lost half a million dollars' worth of equipment from the flooding of their studio, THE PRETTY RECKLESS turned their eyes to the blackout of New York City in the aftermath of Sandy and found even deeper inspiration. Thus "Going to Hell" is partially a rock 'n roll vent session stemmed from a dormant dread of the Old Testament where Hell is parallel to the carnage wreaked by a natural disaster.The tone of "Going to Hell" is nearly as naked as its cover. THE PRETTY RECKLESS sound hung over and not on substances. This is a shell-shocked, stripped-down form of modern rock 'n roll that sounds at times like HEART in their early years and even their most recent few albums. Taylor Momsen carries some Lita Ford edges to her vocals on a couple songs, but she assumes her own identity brewed of rock, blues and country and she is well on her way to becoming a force in hard rock.The title track wastes no time issuing the band's grievances, and it carries straight into the subsequent track, "Heaven Knows", which finds Taylor and a chorus of school children summoning a depressing mantra inclusive of the indictment "we belong way down below". The rest of the album carries the overtures of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll, but refreshingly avoids celebrating any of those things.Condemnation instead of revelry is the flavor, evidenced by "Fucked Up World" and "Why'd You Bring a Shotgun to the Party", the latter spitting upon crashers and burners with the edict, "You wanna make a statement, you should've come without it".Despite the orgasm moans leading into the sex-laced drive of "Follow Me Down", Taylor Momsen creates a twisted form allegory by inviting her muse to a lyrical river of cleansing (as in "drink while the water is clean") to purge the primal lust lurking inside all mortals. The break-in acoustic jerks on the choruses immediately throws the song into a western yesteryear before amplification takes over each time they manifest. "Follow Me Down" is tight as a fist and sharply-executed.Assuredly the stringency of Taylor's parochial schooling carries into the sardonic self-chastisement of "Blame Me" and of course, "Fucked Up World", where Taylor itches that she hardly wants to be saved, not by religious conventions, anyway. On the opposite extreme, the minute long quasi lullaby "Dear Sister" finds Taylor with guitarist Ben Phillips seeking a sort of pity that appropriately carries into the flogging rocker, "Absolution".Other softer touches on this album are found in the ballads "House On a Hill" and the brief ditty, "Burn", while the country strummed "Waiting for a Friend" ends the album's main selections on a despondent note. Some flower power acoustics and flutes temporarily soften the bitter stomp and huffing chug of "Sweet Things".Nevertheless, "Going to Hell" is hardly a happy pill, as would be expected from players strung out by their material losses. What they gained, it appears, is a toughened resolve that makes "Going to Hell" a fierce and entertaining record. This album sounds like THE PRETTY RECKLESS picked up a remaining handful of instruments and had at it, just to spite to Mother Nature.In this case, Catholic school girls do rule, but not for any presumed stall humping moves.

Line Up:

Taylor Momsen – vocals
Ben Phillips – guitar, backing vocals
Mark Damon – bass
Jamie Perkins – drums

Additional personnel:

Bronxville Union Free School District – additional vocals ("Heaven Knows")
Jeremy Gillespie – harmonica ("Waiting for a Friend")
Daniel Hastings – photography
Jenna Haze – additional vocals ("Follow Me Down")
Kato Khandwala – mixing, production
Ted Jensen – mastering
Adam Larson – art direction

Tracklist:

01. Follow Me Down
02. Going To Hell
03. Heaven Knows
04. House On A Hill
05. Sweet Things
06. Dear Sister
07. Absolution
08. Blame Me
09. Burn
10. Why'd You Bring A Shotgun To The Party
11. Fucked Up World
12. Waiting For A Friend
13. Going To Hell (live' Acoustic) (Bonus Track)
14. Sweet Things (Acoustic) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Jan 2021, 07:06

The Pretty Reckless - Who You Selling For (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video

Bio:

The Pretty Reckless are an American hard rock band from New York City. The current members are Taylor Momsen (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Ben Phillips (lead guitar, backing vocals), Mark Damon (bass) and Jamie Perkins (drums).Their debut album, Light Me Up, was released on August 30, 2010 in the UK. They released their first single on May 13, 2010. The album spawned three moderately successful singles and its most notable, "Make Me Wanna Die", topped the UK Rock Charts upon release. The band released their second extended play entitled Hit Me Like a Man EP in early 2012, along with two brand new music videos of songs previously heard on their debut album. These releases coincided with their second tour.The band embarked on a worldwide tour in 2010 in support of their debut album, the Light Me Up Tour, which concluded in March 2012. Four days after the end of their first tour, they embarked on their second tour, The Medicine Tour, where they appeared as a support act for Marilyn Manson and Evanescence.

Album:

For their third studio album The Pretty Reckless have really stepped it up with ‘Who You Selling For’, an album which shows some new influences and new levels of maturity in both the song writing and lyrical content. While the band still revels in their sex, drugs and rock and roll image, there is another vibe on this album as vocalist Taylor Momsen shows how far she has come from her fifteen-year old self and ‘Light Me Up’.This album is first and foremost a rock album, which is exactly how the band intended it. Opening with “The Walls Are Closing In”, a straight up rock track reminiscent of Alice In Chains, with raw guitars, Momsen’s gritty rock and roll vocals and a killer breakdown, the song sets the tone and theme of the album immediately. From there you slip straight into “Oh My God”, the second single off the album, which has a heavy Motorhead influence and touches on society and how girls think in today’s world based on what is considered to be ‘normal’. Moving further into the album, it’s really clear where Momsen’s getting her material from as she sings of the struggles of trying to achieve normalcy while being a rock-star, yet maintaining the sex symbol status and trying not to sell her soul to the Devil. All of which is explored in “Take Me Down” the first single, and third track from the album.As a long-time fan of the band, but knowing that they were still discovering themselves with their first two albums, it’s fantastic to see the experimentation with the music on this record. The song writing from both Momsen and Ben Phillips (lead guitars) has certainly grown stronger and the difference between the tracks confirms that. “Bedroom Window” for example is an acoustic number that stands in stark contrast to some of the heavier tracks like “Living In The Storm”, but both tracks are equally as good as the other.For me, the stand-out songs are “The Walls Are Closing In”, “Mad Love” and “Living In The Storm”, a track that really focuses on the gritty vocals and will provide many opportunities for fans to scream the lyrics back at the band live In fact, this whole album will translate so well to the live stage. There is plenty of rock and roll to get your head banging and your feet stamping and enough groove to get you singing along with Momsen as she struts about the stage.‘Who You Selling For’ has it all. The Pretty Reckless have not been afraid to experiment on this album. From the foot stomping anthem “Prisoner” to the more fast paced numbers, and not forgetting the blues rooted sound of “Wild City”, it is clear that The Pretty Reckless are ready to shake things up and explore more of the wide landscape that is Rock’n’Roll.

Line Up:

Taylor Momsen – lead vocals, occasional rhythm guitar (2009-present)
Jamie Perkins – drums, percussion (2010–present)
Ben Phillips – lead guitar, backing vocals (2010–present)
Mark Damon – bass (2010–present)

Former members:

Nick Carbone – drums, percussion (2009–2010)
Matt Chiarelli – bass (2009–2010)
John Secolo – guitar (2009–2010)

Tracklist:

01.Hangman
02. Take Me Down
03. Back To The River
04. Wild City
05. Oh My God
06. Who You Selling For
07. The Answer
08. Prisoner
09. Living In The Storm
10. The Walls Are Closing In
11. Bedroom Window
12. The Devil’s Back

+ Video "Take Me Down" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Feb 2021, 09:41

The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock And Roll (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

The Pretty Reckless are an American hard rock band from New York City. The current members are Taylor Momsen (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Ben Phillips (lead guitar, backing vocals), Mark Damon (bass) and Jamie Perkins (drums).Their debut album, Light Me Up, was released on August 30, 2010 in the UK. They released their first single on May 13, 2010. The album spawned three moderately successful singles and its most notable, "Make Me Wanna Die", topped the UK Rock Charts upon release. The band released their second extended play entitled Hit Me Like a Man EP in early 2012,along with two brand new music videos of songs previously heard on their debut album. These releases coincided with their second tour.The band embarked on a worldwide tour in 2010 in support of their debut album, the Light Me Up Tour, which concluded in March 2012. Four days after the end of their first tour, they embarked on their second tour, The Medicine Tour, where they appeared as a support act for Marilyn Manson and Evanescence.

Album:

After being delayed, finally next Friday THE PRETTY RECKLESS will release their new studio album ”Death by Rock and Roll”. Mixing dark rockers with bright melodic acoustic-mixed songs, The Pretty Reckless has the perfect formula of well-written songs, technically proficient playing, and a powerhouse front-woman.Indeed, Taylor Momsen’s vocals command power as the band creates the sonic stage for her to excel. The songs have many moods and feelings, making them exciting and standing up to repeated listens.The CD opens up with the title track, “Death by Rock and Roll,” encompassing the attitude and lifestyle of Rock and Roll, and I love that the album winds down with a softer track, “Rock and Roll Heaven,” that’s about discovering Rock and Roll and how it inspires and started this whole trajectory of the band’s life.Both songs mention her dads broken needle on his vinyl player which was a great visual for me of how deeply ingrained rock n’ roll is in their lives.

Line Up:

Taylor Momsen – vocals
Mark Damon – bass
Jamie Perkins – drums

Tracklist:

01. Death by Rock and Roll
02. Only Love Can Save Me Now
03. And So It Went
04. 25
05. My Bones
06. Got So High
07. Broomsticks
08. Witches Burn
09. Standing at the Wall
10. Turning Gold
11. Rock and Roll Heaven
12. Harley Darling

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Nov 2022, 10:37

The Pretty Reckless - Other Worlds (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 122 mb

Bio:

Album:

The effort sees the group delivering its first proper acoustic recordings, unexpected covers and other reimaginings."Other Worlds" collates striking acoustic renditions of personal favorites accompanied by some very special guests. The recording of Elvis Costello's "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding" served as Momsen's first cover originally performed for the "Fearless At Home" livestream in the midst of COVID. As another pandemic-era cover, Matt Cameron played guitar and sang as Taylor powered an airy and lithe reimagining of SOUNDGARDEN's "Halfway There" from "King Animal", generating hundreds of thousands of views on its initial post. Iconic multi-instrumentalist, producer and artist Alain Johannes handled guitar on THE PRETTY RECKLESS' pensive and poetic interpretation of "The Keeper", originally by Chris Cornell, while David Bowie pianist Mike Garson performed a stirring piano movement for THE THIN WHITE DUKE's "Quicksand".

Line Up:

Taylor Momsen – vocals
Mark Damon – bass
Jamie Perkins – drums

Tracklist:

01. Got So High (Remix)
02. Loud Love
03. The Keeper (feat. Alain Johannes)
04. Quicksand (feat. Mike Garson)
05. 25 (Acoustic)
06. Only Love Can Save Me Now (Acoustic)
07. Death By Rock And Roll (Acoustic)
08. Halfway There (feat. Matt Cameron)
09. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding
10. Harley Darling (Acoustic)
11. Got So High (Album Version)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 20 neregistrovaných