Bulletboys (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Bulletboys (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Mar 2015, 20:38

Bulletboys - Bulletboys (1988)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 160 mb

Bio:

BulletBoys is an American hard rock group formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1986.The group's original lineup was composed of former Ratt and Kagny and the Dirty Rats guitarist/King Kobra lead vocalist Marq Torien (vocals), former King Kobra guitarist Mick Sweda, Lonnie Vencent (bass) and Jimmy D'Anda (drums, percussion).The group released two successful albums and had a number of singles featured on MTV between 1988 and 1991.From the 90's onward, the group went through numerous lineup changes, with the exception of Torien who remained the only consistent member, which featured musicians such as Steven Adler (ex Guns N' Roses, later of Adler's Appetite) and DJ Ashba (ex Beautiful Creatures, Sixx:A.M. and Guns N' Roses) among others. The original band reunited for one show in December of 2011.To date, the band have released seven studio albums, BulletBoys (1988); Freakshow (1991); Za-Za (1993); Acid Monkey (1995); Sophie (2003); 10c Billionaire (2009), and Rocked and Ripped (2011) as well as the live album Behind the Orange Curtain (2007).BulletBoys were formed in 1987 in Los Angeles, California by former King Kobra members Marq Torien (also formerly of Ratt) on vocals, Mick Sweda on guitar, Lonnie Vencent on bass and Marc Danzeisen on drums.The group were strongly influenced by AC/DC and Van Halen with Torien drawing comparisons to Van Halen singer David Lee Roth. After signing a deal with Warner Bros., the group released their debut album BulletBoys in 1988 with the album peaking at number 34 on the Billboard 200.[6] The group released two singles, a cover of the classic O'Jays tune, "For the Love of Money" (which peaked at number 30 on the Mainstream Rock Chart and number 78 on the Billboard Hot 100) and "Smooth up in Ya" (which peaked at number 23 on the Mainstream Rock Chart and number 71 on the Billboard Hot 100) with both receiving airplay on MTV.They released their second album, Freakshow, in 1991 however the album only peaked at number 69 on the Billboard 200.The single "Hang on St. Christopher," a cover of the Tom Waits song, peaked at number 22 on the Mainstream Rock Chart.The group released their final album with Warner Bros., titled Za-Za, a name suggested by guitarist Anthony Gallo taken from The Godfather Part III character Joey Zasa,in 1993, however it failed to chart, as well as the album's singles, while both Sweda and D'Anda left the group the same year.The group continued and released Acid Monkey in 1995 through Swordholio/Perris Records however they disbanded soon after.

Album:

BulletBoys is the self-titled first album from the American hard rock band BulletBoys, released in 1988. It features the hit "Smooth Up in Ya" as well as a cover of The O'Jay's song "For the Love of Money". The album reached No. 34 in the Billboard 200 chart and was certified gold in 1989 selling over 500,000 copies.This eponymous debut brought the L.A. group from the Hollywood club strip to the world's hard rock spotlight, often with mixed results. Nonetheless, it's a decadently wonderful excursion into the eye of the hair metal hurricane, with the singles "Smooth Up in Ya," and the magnificently awkward cover of the O'Jays soul classic "For the Love of Money." And while the group released several albums afterwards, none of them truly captured the band's fire and spirit as this one did.The debut release from the BulletBoys is hard rocking effort, often drawing comparisons to early Van Halen. Songs like "Hard As A Rock", "F#9", and the incredible "Kissin' Kitty" really rock! "Smooth Up In Ya" and "For The Love Of Money" were minor hits for the band, both placing within the top 80, while the album itself pushed into the top 40. Singer Marq Torien was compared to David Lee Roth in both ability and attitude, while he and Mick Sweda and Lonnie Vencent were all members in King Kobra. The music here is comparable to a raw Danger Danger and the previously mentioned Van Halen. Marq Torien still records as the BulletBoys, but they were never able to recapture the success of this debut. In the meantime this album gets two thumbs up - it is a classic!

Line Up:

Marq Torien - lead vocals
Mick Sweda - guitar, backing vocals
Lonnie Vencent - bass, backing vocals
Jimmy D'Anda - drums

Production:

Ted Templeman - producer
Jeff Hendrickson - engineer, associate producer
Toby Wright - engineer
George Marino - mastering

Tracklist:

01. Hard As A Rock
02. Smooth Up In Ya
03. Owed To Joe
04. Shoot The Preacher Down
05. For The Love Of Money
06. Kissin' Kitty
07. Hell On My Heels
08. Crank Me Up
09. Badlands
10. F#9

+ Video "Smooth Up In Ya" (Official Video HD)
+ Video "For The Love Of Money" (Official Video)
+ Video "F9" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Bulletboys (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Mar 2015, 16:11

Bulletboys - Za-Za (1993)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1993

Bio:

BulletBoys is an American hard rock group formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1986.The group's original lineup was composed of former Ratt and Kagny and the Dirty Rats guitarist/King Kobra lead vocalist Marq Torien (vocals), former King Kobra guitarist Mick Sweda, Lonnie Vencent (bass) and Jimmy D'Anda (drums, percussion).The group released two successful albums and had a number of singles featured on MTV between 1988 and 1991.From the 90's onward, the group went through numerous lineup changes, with the exception of Torien who remained the only consistent member, which featured musicians such as Steven Adler (ex Guns N' Roses, later of Adler's Appetite) and DJ Ashba (ex Beautiful Creatures, Sixx:A.M. and Guns N' Roses) among others. The original band reunited for one show in December of 2011.To date, the band have released seven studio albums, BulletBoys (1988); Freakshow (1991); Za-Za (1993); Acid Monkey (1995); Sophie (2003); 10c Billionaire (2009), and Rocked and Ripped (2011) as well as the live album Behind the Orange Curtain (2007).BulletBoys were formed in 1987 in Los Angeles, California by former King Kobra members Marq Torien (also formerly of Ratt) on vocals, Mick Sweda on guitar, Lonnie Vencent on bass and Marc Danzeisen on drums.The group were strongly influenced by AC/DC and Van Halen with Torien drawing comparisons to Van Halen singer David Lee Roth. After signing a deal with Warner Bros., the group released their debut album BulletBoys in 1988 with the album peaking at number 34 on the Billboard 200.[6] The group released two singles, a cover of the classic O'Jays tune, "For the Love of Money" (which peaked at number 30 on the Mainstream Rock Chart and number 78 on the Billboard Hot 100) and "Smooth up in Ya" (which peaked at number 23 on the Mainstream Rock Chart and number 71 on the Billboard Hot 100) with both receiving airplay on MTV.They released their second album, Freakshow, in 1991 however the album only peaked at number 69 on the Billboard 200.The single "Hang on St. Christopher," a cover of the Tom Waits song, peaked at number 22 on the Mainstream Rock Chart.The group released their final album with Warner Bros., titled Za-Za, a name suggested by guitarist Anthony Gallo taken from The Godfather Part III character Joey Zasa,in 1993, however it failed to chart, as well as the album's singles, while both Sweda and D'Anda left the group the same year.The group continued and released Acid Monkey in 1995 through Swordholio/Perris Records however they disbanded soon after.

Album:

Za-Za is the third album from the hard rock band BulletBoys, released in 1993. This was their last album released by Warner Bros. Records, and the final one produced by Ted Templeman.11 tracks clocking in approximately 36 minutes. Included with the disc is a 14-page booklet containing song titles/credits/times, song lyrics, black & white individual band member photos, and thank you's. All songs written by the Bulletboys. Recorded at One On One Studios / Alpha Studios / Larrabee North - all in the Los Angeles area. Producer - Ted Templeman. Label - Warner Bros.COMMENTS: You may have heard the Bulletboys were a poor man's Van Halen. Yes and no. Singer Torien had some similarities to David Lee Roth in hair, antics and swagger... and maybe a few yelps. Guitarist Sweda had some great chops, but is/was/never will be in the same league as Eddie Van Halen. Short albums like this one, matched most of the DLR era VH albums... all in the 30+ minute range. And, the last similarity might be the man behind the controls, Ted Templeman. The Bulletboys took off with their amazing 1989 debut, had mild success with "Freakshow" (1991), and then just kind of fizzled with "Za-Za". I liked "Freakshow" (and the one major hit "Hang On St. Christopher"), but years later I feel this is their weakest album. I believe "Za-Za" to be the band's deepest, most complex and varied release. Where the Bulletboys debut was straight ahead in your face glorious hard rock (a true classic of the time)... "Za-Za" has some of those same style tunes, but dared to mix it up. Highlights - the hard rockers include the humorous "When Pigs Fly", "1-800-Goodbye", "The Show" and "Fess"; the slow doo-wop "Mine"; the uplifting sweet rocker "Sing A Song"; and two of my all-time favorite BB's tracks - "For The Damned" and "Laughing With The Dead". Years later, I still pull this disc out frequently. If you followed 80's hard rock, "Za-Za" is a must own.

Line Up:

Marq Torien - vocals
Mick Sweda - guitar and background vocals
Lonnie Vencent - bass and background vocals
Jimmy D'Anda - drums, percussion and background vocals

Additional Musicians:

James Booker - piano (10)
Kim Bullard - keyboards (5)

Production:
Produced by Ted Templeman.

Tracklist:

01. When Pigs Fly
02. Slow And Easy
03. The Rising
04. Sing A Song
05. Mine
06. 1-800-Goodbye
07. The Show
08. For The Damned
09. Laughing With The Dead
10. Fess
11. Crosstop

+ Video "Mine" (Official Video)
+ Video "THC Groove" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Mar 2015, 16:27

BulletBoys - Rocked & Ripped (2011)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2011
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Album:

Rocked and Ripped is a 2011 album by the American band BulletBoys.The bad boys of glamrock are back with a full disc of rippin cover songs including 5 tracks that have not appeared on any other release!Includes rockin versions of songs made famous by Mötley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Eddie Money, Styx, Accept and more!It's almost disappointing to report that Rocked & Ripped isn't nearly as bad as I envisioned it would be. Of course it isn't album of the year, or even album of the week, but vocalist Marq Torien himself makes this a sometimes entertaining collection as it isn't exactly what I expected it to be. I don't understand the song selection here though -- usually these cover albums find the artist paying homage to their influences, but the renditions on this album are all over the map. Who expected Torien and whoever is in his band this second to pull off Motley Crue's "Dr.Feelgood"? I certainly didn't, but the BulletBoys sound reinvigorated covering one of their sleazy peers. The same goes for Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer", which musically is a carbon-copy of the original, but Torien's voice and occasional scream put the BulletBoys stamp on the classic. The biggest surprise however is the cover of Accept's "Balls To The Wall" which I thought would be a total abomination -- and while the distorted 'talking' vocal delivery on the verses leaves a lot to be desired, Torien completely nails the chorus. Styx' "Renegade" is almost identical to the original, as is the Scorpions' "Falling In Love" (with George Lynch shredding away) -- but a job well done on both.Rocked & Ripped does sound like crap at times though as shown on Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'", Giant's "I'll See You In My Dreams", and Mr. Mister's "Broken Wings" (man did that band suck!). Actually, the entire second half of Rocked & Ripped is way too mellow and pales in comparison to the rocking start. And let's be honest here, has anyone been holding their breath in anticipation of the BulletBoys covering Amy Winehouse or Pink?. I doubt it, and if such a person does exist I suggest they seek treatment immediately. Rocked & Ripped is a mixed bag for sure, but not as horrible as you might imagine -- Marq Torien shines on the heavier rock songs on this CD and splatters his swagger all over (even in places he likely shouldn't), so why can't he lock himself in a room a deliver a BulletBoys album filled with sleazy hard rock delights?. Who knows, but I do wish someone would put an end to these ridiculous cover albums though, as a whole they are completely useless and do nothing but annoy fans of an already disrespected genre. I still think I wasted my money buying this album... but at least I didn't throw up!

Line Up:

Marq Torien - vocals, guitar, congos and bass
Greg Gatti - guitar
Lonnie Vencent - bass
Don Bish 'Dish' - drums
Christ Turbis - keyboards

Additional Musicians:

Tracy Swider - guitar (2,4,7)
George Lynch - lead guitar (8)
John Morris - rhythm guitar (8)
Kyle Kyle - bass (2,4,7)
Chuck Garric - bass (8)
Danny Parker - drums (2,4,7)
Steve Riley - drums (8)
Danny Wagner - keyboards (2,4,7)

Production:
Produced by Marq Torien and Kristy Majors. Engineered by Greg Gatti.

Tracklist:

1. Dr. Feelgood (Motley Crue Cover)
2. Livin' On A Prayer (Bon Jovi Cover)
3. Take Me Home Tonight (Eddie Money Cover)
4. Faithfully (Journey Cover)
5. Balls To The Wall (Accept Cover)
6. Free Fallin (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Cover)
7. Renegade (Styx Cover)
8. Falling In Love (Surface Cover)
9. Fuc***g' Perfect (Pink Cover)
10. The Rover (Led Zeppelin Cover)
11. I ll See You In My Dreams (Giant Cover)
12. Colder Weather (Zac Brown Band Cover)
13. Rehab (Amy Winehouse Cover)
14. Broken Wings (Mr. Mister Cover)
15. Tiny Dancer (Elton John Cover)
16. Smooth Up In Ya ((Recoded / Remastered) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Aug 2016, 07:55

Bulletboys - Bulletboys (1988) (Rock Candy Remastered 2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Rock Candy Remastered 2014)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos

Bio:

Album:

BulletBoys is the self-titled first album from the American hard rock band BulletBoys, released in 1988. It features the hit "Smooth Up in Ya" as well as a cover of The O'Jay's song "For the Love of Money". The album reached No. 34 in the Billboard 200 chart and was certified gold in 1989 selling over 500,000 copies.One of the most fun, cool acts emerged from the Californian scene during the second half of the '80s was without a doubt BULLETBOYS and their self-titled debut album, now freshly remastered by Rock Candy Records.There is no getting away from it, Los Angeles in the late Eighties was ground zero for hard rock and hair metal. The Sunset Strip was home to literally hundreds of up and coming acts, all desperate to place their stake in the ground and climb the ladder to a bigger and better future.One such act was the BulletBoys, a lean and mean rocking machine who’s melodic yet raw sensibilities set them apart from the competition by a country mile. However, although the band’s upward trajectory was a veritable rocket powered climb, it hadn’t always been that way for the individual members.Guitarist Mick Sweda had been in lauded but poorly performing rockers King Kobra and towards the end that band’s existence it also featured bassist Lonnie Vencent and vocalist Marq Torien.It was these three renegades that jumped ship to form the BulletBoys. With shrewd management and a desire to impress, the band stayed away from the LA clubs and concentrated on rehearsing and writing songs, a plan that paid handsome dividends when Warner Brothers records, and, in particular, their head of A&R legendary producer Ted Templeman (Van Halen, Montrose), jumped at the chance to sign them.With Ted in the production seat, their self-titled debut album quickly attained gold certification harboured a string of energy infused tracks that still sound great today."Hard As A Rock", "F#9" and of course "Smooth Up In Ya" are my all-time favorites, but this album Rocks from start to finish, no weak song in sight.This Rock Candy remaster is bright and clear, and a Highly Recommended addition to your collection.

Line Up:

Marq Torien - lead vocals
Mick Sweda - guitar, backing vocals
Lonnie Vencent - bass, backing vocals
Jimmy D'Anda - drums

Production:

Ted Templeman - producer
Jeff Hendrickson - engineer, associate producer
Toby Wright - engineer
George Marino - mastering

Tracklist:

01. Hard As A Rock
02. Smooth Up In Ya
03. Owed To Joe
04. Shoot The Preacher Down
05. For The Love Of Money
06. Kissin' Kitty
07. Hell On My Heels
08. Crank Me Up
09. Badlands
10. F#9

+ Video "Smooth Up In Ya" (Official Video HD)
+ Video "For The Love Of Money" (Official Video)
+ Video "F9" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Mar 2018, 07:06

Bulletboys - Freakshow (1991)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991

Bio:

Album:

Freakshow is the second album from the glam metal band BulletBoys, released in 1991 by Warner Bros. Records. The album was a follow-up to their successful Self-Titled debut. The album went on to peak at Number 69 on The Billboard 200 chart in 1991, and their cover of Tom Waits "Hang on St. Christopher" reached 22 on the Mainstream Rock chart.Videos were made for "THC Groove", "Hang on St. Christopher", and "Talk to Your Daughter". In 2005, Wounded Bird Records re-released this album along with the follow-up Za-Za onto a single disc.All tracks written by the BulletBoys, unless otherwise noted.Promotional singles and videos were released for the songs "THC Groove", "Hang on St. Christopher", and "Talk To Your Daughter". Their cover of Tom Waits' "Hang on St. Christopher" would go on to peak at Number 22 on the US Mainstream Rock Chart in 1991.Having already established themselves as carriers of the Van Halen torch with their self-titled debut, the BulletBoys decided to get a little weirder on their follow-up. "We just refuse to pander to tastes other than our own," guitarist Mick Sweda told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in 1991. Tracks like the saucy "Do Me Raw" and the yowling "Good Girl" revealed that raunch remained a key part of their arsenal, but they had artier things on their dirty minds. The album's first single, the paranoid, sludgy "THC Groove," had a video that opened with an homage to Battleship Potemkin — and was hastily clarified by a drug-resistant MTV as being parenthetically called "The Hard Core Groove." Instead of going the power-ballad route (a surefire ticket to Dial MTV), the band released covers of the Tom Waits growler "Hang On St. Christopher" and J.B. Lenoir's pestering "Talk to Your Daughter" as singles. Both became minor hits thanks to frontman Marq Torien's oozy charisma. M.J.

Line Up:

Marq Torien: Lead Vocals, Congas on "Hang On St. Christopher"
Mick Sweda: Guitar
Lonnie Vencent: Bass
Jimmy D'Anda: Drums

Production Staff:

Art Direction and Design: Kim Champagne
Cover Painting: David B. McMacken

Tracklist:

01. Hell Yeah!
02. THC Groove
03. Thrill That Kills
04. Hang on St. Christopher
05. Talk To Your Daughter
06. Freakshow
07. Goodgirl
08. Do Me Raw
09. Ripping Me
10. Say Your Prayers
11. O Me O My
12. Huge

+ Video "THC Groove" (Official Video)
+ Video "Talk To Your Daughter" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Sep 2019, 07:56

BulletBoys - Elefante' (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Album:

BULLETBOYS are back and ready to tear the house down with first album of original material since 2009, "Elefanté", due on June 9 via Cleopatra/Deadline. According to a press release, "this long-awaited CD shows that the BULLETBOYS are unstoppable with their grinding hard rock. Singer Marq Torien's vocals hit every note with the power that is his trademark."Can't wait for our fans to hear this album," says Marq. "I put my heart and soul into this music. This album has sick peaks and valleys... it is NOT a linear album. A straight-out labor of love that I've dedicated to my amazing father, all of our families and our unfaltering BULLETBOYS fans and friends."BULLETBOYS' current lineup consists of founding member Marq Torien (vocals/lead guitar), Nick Rozz (guitar), Chad MacDonald (bass) and Shawn Duncan (drums)."Elefanté" was produced by Matt Thorne (TRAPT, DISTURBED) and Torien, and was engineered by Ryan Greene (ALICE COOPER, LITA FORD, CHEAP TRICK, USHER). It was mastered by Anthony Focx (MILEY CYRUS, AEROSMITH, SANTANA, BUCKCHERRY)."Working with the BULLETBOYS was an amazing experience," says Greene."Most singers from back in the '80's were pretty good, but I will tell you, Marq knocked it out of the park on this record. His power and passion was second to none and he can sing in tune! No Auto-Tune needed; he's the real freakin' deal."If you think for a second this is going to be some rehashed '80s record, you are completely wrong!"BULLETBOYS will embark on a three-month headlining tour this summer."Feel like I'm gonna jump out my skin," says Marq. "Can't wait to take this on the road with the fellas!! All year!!! Hell yeah!!! Let's do this!"BULLETBOYS was one of the prominent bands in the flourishing Hollywood metal scene during the late 1980s, with numerous smash hits such as "Smooth Up In Ya", "For The Love Of Money" and "Hang On St. Christopher" off the group's platinum-selling classic self-titled debut and follow-up, "Freakshow", dominating both MTV and radio airwaves.

Line Up:

Marq Torien - Vocals & Lead Guitar
Nick Rozz - Rhythm Guitar
Chad MacDonald - Bass
Shawn Duncan - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Rollover
02. Tsunami
03. Symphony
04. The Villain
05. Kin Folk
06. Saving You From Me
07. As Dumb As
08. Superhuman Girl
09. Drop Your Weapon
10. Bitch Is Back
11. Elefanté

+ Video "Smooth Up In Ya (live '89 Philadelphia)"

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Sep 2019, 07:56

Bulletboys - From Out Of The Skies (Japan Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video

Bio:

Album:

BULLETBOYS will release their new album, "From Out Of The Skies", on March 23 via Frontiers Music.Three years ago, BulletBoys founder and singer Marq Torien poured scorn on hair-metal bands that simply “regurgitate their past”. This ninth BulletBoys album further distances Torien from his identikit rivals, it's a modern album sounding album.BulletBoys sound has kept the band going for 20 years and is still as relevant now as it was back in 1988. The new album is full of solid tracks that are catchy and enjoyable to listen to.Marq’s vocals continue to stand the test of time as he hits those high notes in the title track, yet is also able to soothe on the more melodious tracks.'Whatcha Don't' begins with an early flurry of riffs and drums that move into a riff-roaring, big drum beat, rocker. With 'P.R.A.B.', Bullet Boys drop in some quirky keyboards to start another metal injected riff rocker. Then at the midpoint or so there's a segue that has a near funk rock groove.It's not all hard rock and heavy. Both 'Hi-Fi Drive By' and 'Once Upon A Time' turn more on a Melodic Rock vibe in the groove, and vocal arrangement. Then there's the ballads 'Losing End Again' and 'Switchblade Butterfly' which feature Torien's voice over acoustic guitar.However, there's more modern metal-infused rockers such as 'Apocalypto' and 'D-Evil' (which features Jesse Hughes of Eagles of Death Metal on vocals), both cool, but somewhat akin Foo Fighter's sound. I think the best BulletBoys appears when they are faithful to their original sound."From Out Of The Skies" offers some variety in the songs which makes the album interesting, entertaining, and somewhat unpredictable.You can't accuse Torien and BulletBoys of living in the past, they have evolved over the years morphing their sound & style according to times. While this is welcomed - not repeating themselves over and over again - I am not completely convinced with the 'modern sounding' tracks here.Anyway, the original BulletBoys spark appear on several songs, and as whole, "From Out Of The Skies" is an impactful rockin' album.

Line Up:

Marq Torien - Vocals & Lead Guitar
Nick Rozz - Guitar
Chad MacDonald - Bass
Joaquin Revuelta - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Apocalypto
02. D-Evil
03. From out of the Skies
04. Hi-Fi Drive By
05. Losing End Again
06. Whatcha Don't
07. Get Ready (Japan Bonus Track)
08. P.R.A.B.
09. Sucker Punch
10. Switchblade Butterfly
11. Once Upon a Crime

+ Video "D-Evil" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Jan 2022, 07:03

Bulletboys - Light Me Up (The 1993 Milwaukee Broadcast) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021 (The 1993 Milwaukee Broadcast)
Audio : 320 kbps + front

Bio:

Album:

Great live album of Bulletboys concert from 1993.

Line Up:

Marq Torien - Lead Vocals, Congas on "Hang On St. Christopher"
Mick Sweda - Guitar
Lonnie Vencent - Bass
Jimmy D'Anda - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Hell on My Heels (Live 1993)
02. The Show (Live 1993)
03. F#9 (Live 1993)
04. Laughing with the Dead (Live 1993)
05. Hang on St. Cristopher (Live 1993)
06. Jam (Live 1993)
07. Crosstop (Live 1993)
08. THC Groove (Live 1993)
09. For the Love of Money (Live 1993)
10. Guitar Solo (Live 1993)
11. Rock Candy (Live 1993)
12. Smooth Up (Live 1993)
13. Shoot the Preacher Down (Live 1993)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Apr 2023, 06:37

Bulletboys - Acid Monkey (1995)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1995
Audio : 192 kbps + scans
Size : 45 mb

Bio:

Album:

Acid Monkey is the fourth album from the glam metal band BulletBoys, released in 1995 on Swordholio Records.The album marks a change in direction and style after the breakup of the band in 1993, featuring more of an alternative rock and pop punk influence, with singer Marq Torien and bassist Lonnie Vencent continuing to release albums under the BulletBoys name. Torien and Vincent were joined by guitarist Tommy Pittam and drummer Robby Karras for this album.AllMusic rated the album 2 and a half stars out of 5, but no review is written.This album was the fourth studio release by the Bulletboys and came a couple years after they lost their major label contract with Warner Brothers Records. Fan reviews have been mixed on this release, but 'Acid Monkey' is a very loose and relaxed release by the band. Be forewarned, there is nothing here that will remind long-time fans of the three previous albums by Bulletboys (or either of the ones that followed this). However, the change of direction was probably necessary to prevent all their creativity from drying up.The fact of the matter is, at the time, the Bulletboys were relegated to an indie label in the middle of the grunge era. Only two out of the four original members were left (lead singer Marq Torien and bassist Lonnie Vencent) and morale was probably a little low. For these reasons, this is probably the best album that the group could have made in 1995, given the circumstances. The original guitarist, Mick Sweda, and the original drummer, Jimmy D'Anda, are not present here. The replacements are unknown, but competent, musicians who turn in capable performances. Ted Templeman, who produced the first three Bulletboys records, is not behind the controls on 'Acid Monkey' but the slight dropoff in production quality does not ruin the whole listening experience.Bulletboys show off their range by experimenting with a few different styles on this album, mostly mid-90's alternative music. 'Acid Monkey' is not any heavier, or lighter, than the other Bulletboys albums, it is just different. "Weazal" is a punk track which opens the album at breakneck speed with a ton of attitude. "Surf Dog" is done in a surf-punk style and doesn't quite measure up to the opener, but the snotty vocals are a highlight. "Diss" is a downtuned 90's rocker, with shrill vocals from Marq Torien. A couple of the guitar riffs sound ever so slightly like Stone Cold Steve Austin's wrestling theme, before he was using it. The soft acoustic number, "Thorn", obviously borrows from Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots."Alien" is as good as anything else on here and certainly wasn't ever going to be a radio single. This ambitious track features heavy bass lines from Lonnie Vencent and Marq Torien sounds like he has lost his mind the further the song goes. "Toy" sounds like a song that was geared for a radio single and thus, it is the most accessible piece of music here for mass consumption."Terror Ride" is my personal favorite, featuring the strongest verse and chorus, overall. Marq's vocals are most passionate on "Terror Ride", even if some words are hard to decipher. "A.P." is actually Don McLean's "American Pie." Purists won't be pleased to hear that some verses and a whole chorus is missing, the track is much shorter than the original. However, it is as good of a cover of "American Pie" as you will ever hear. It sounds very much like the Bulletboys just walked into the studio, hit record and started playing an impromptu, acoustic jam. Listen to the tasteful drum sound, which starts up partway through the song. The Bulletboys did a number of cover songs in their career (including three of their biggest singles) and more often than not, they were done well. That was the case this time with "American Pie." Before you know it, the album is over.'Acid Monkey' was issued on Swordholio/Perris Records in 1995 and quickly went out of print, though negotiations are in progress to reissue it. The album gets a high score for doing something a little bit different and actually possessing fewer filler songs than some other releases by the Bulletboys. There are members of the Bulletboys fanbase who may want to listen to this before picking it up, because of the drastically different musical direction. However, regardless of what you think of the songs, the group shows plenty of signs of life throughout this collection of songs. Unlike other 1980's rock acts who tried a more contemporary sound in the mid/late 90's (Babylon AD, Dokken, LA Guns, etc.), the Bulletboys actually brought a pretty good collection of material to the table for 'Acid Monkey.' The songwriting was fairly strong, throughout. Marq and Lonnie knew there was nothing to lose and this wasn't going to get radio play, anyway. As a result, some of the most interesting work from the Bulletboys catalog was produced on 'Acid Monkey.' This is an album worth searching for but until it is reissued, the price may be a little steep. By the time the Bulletboys headed back into the studio to do a follow-up in 2000, the original lineup was back and the sound explored on this album was totally scrapped.Too bad.

Line Up:

Marq Torien - Lead Vocals
Tommy Pittam - Guitar
Lonnie Vencent - Bass
Robby Karras Humeniuk - Drums

Production:

Artwork – Mike E. Miller Jr
Mastered By – Jim Hahn, Lonnie Vencent
Producer – Bullet Boys, Jeff Hendrickson
Written By – Bullet Boys (tracks: 1-3, 5-7)

Tracklist:

01. Weazal
02. Surf Dog
03. Diss
04. Thorn
05. Alien
06. Toy
07. Edit Peace/Terror Ride
08. A.P.

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 27 neregistrovaných