Yngwie Malmsteen (SWE)

Guitar Mages like Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Yngwie Malmsteen (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Jún 2016, 10:06

Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Spellbound Live In Tampa (2CD) (Japan SHM-CD Edition) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014 (Japan SHM-CD Edition)
Style : Neoclassical Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 240 mb

Bio:

Yngwie Johan Malmsteen (/ˈɪŋveɪ ˈmɑːlmstiːn/ ING-vay MAHLM-steen; born Lars Johan Yngve Lannerbäck, 30 June 1963) is a Swedish guitarist, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and bandleader. Malmsteen became known for his neo-classical playing style in heavy metal.Yngwie J. Malmsteen arrived on the scene in 1983 when he emigrated to America from his native Sweden. Malmsteen created a style - an ear-searing blend of metal bombast and classical beauty that is one of the most immediately recognizable of ALL guitarists. He elevated classical chops to new heights, adding a definite European stamp both dark-sounding and blindingly fast."I've been exposed to classical music since I was five years old," says Yngwie, who was born in Stockholm on June 30, 1963. "My mother listened to Bach so much, and I grew to really love his music. Bach's chord progressions and melodies are the most beautiful things ever written."My family was very musical," he adds. "My sister played flute and piano and my brother played guitar, drums, piano, violin, and accordian. My father even played guitar."Malmsteen maintains that his biggest classical influence is 19th-century violin virtuoso Nicolo Paganini. "I was in my early teens the first time I heard his music," recalls Yngwie," and he's been my idol ever since. I got turned on to him through a Swedish TV show. A Russian violinist was playing some Paganini stuff on the program, and I freaked. I quickly put a portable tape recorder in front of the TV to get it on tape. When I found out later what the guy was playing, I went out and bought Paganiniâs "24 Caprices," which is my all-time favorite thing to listen to."Thatâs how I wanted to play guitar. He did with his instrument what few have ever come close to doing. He was a rock and roller-very wild and very extreme."Yngwie's work overflows with classically influenced playing. His Grammy-nominated debut solo album, "Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force," is regarded by many as the definitive document of neoclassical rock guitar."Those compositions ["Black Star" and "Far Beyond the Sun"] sort of sum up my style," says Yngwie. "There are fast runs, slow harmonies, and some really nice arpeggios in them. Those songs are like icons for me. I'll probably play them until the day I die."Malmsteen first picked up a guitar on September 18, 1970-the day Jimi Hendrix died. "Hendrix did inspire me to play," Yngwie affirms, "but I was more influenced by his image than his music. He looked so cool and was a fantastic performer."Says Yngwie: "I don't think anyone can actually teach someone how to play guitar. The desire should come from inside. Guitar is at a stage where one has to do oneâs own nnovations. Playing electric guitar is not like playing classical violin, which has been around for hundreds of years. To play classical violin, one has to be taught the specific skills needed to perform that particular kind of music. Once you get past the basics needed to play guitar, the rest is up to you."Guitarists with mind-boggling technique can be quite boring on stage, but Malmsteen impresses as well as entertains. He is always in constant motion, whether playing his Stratocaster with his teeth or twirling it around his body.

Album:

What more can we possible say about Yngwie J. Malmsteen, who is widely regarded as one of the greatest guitarists of all time, that hasn't already been said? We can say…'We want more!'... and the maestro has delivered. It is about time that he dropped a good live album on us. It has been 12 years since his last live album, CONCERTO SUITE FOR ELECTRIC GUITAR AND ORCHESTRA IN E FLAT MINOR WITH THE NEW JAPAN PHILHARMONIC. If you don’t really count that as a part of Yngwie’s ‘Metal’ canon then it has been 16 years since his last Double Live album simply entitled, LIVE!! He has released eight studio albums since then so he has a lot of ground to cover.Overall, SPELLBOUND-LIVE IN TAMPA is Yngwie’s fourth live album. He has recorded live albums in Russia, Brazil, Japan and finally now in his homeland of America. The show was recorded live on the last night of the American leg of his 2013 Spellbound Tour, in Tampa, Florida on May 26th, 2013. The packaging is OK, but not great; not much information, no lyrics, and not many pictures or info about who was on stage that night. My version is the Japanese import so the info is probably there in the Japanese booklet. The CD cover is great, a live shot of Yngwie on stage striking an iconic pose.The track-listing is very well done, he plays songs from 13 of his 19 albums and does not neglect his new albums, playing songs from five of the last six studio albums, skipping only the acoustic one. The amount of song duplication is also kept to a minimum. In fact, there are only nine out the 30 songs that have appeared on his three previous live albums.What I really liked about this is that Yngwie sings on many of the songs. It is very interesting to hear his deeper, rougher vocals on some of those classic songs that had vocalists who had higher, clearer voices. Yngwie is technically not as good a singer as the people he has hired in the past, which is an alumni list that reads like a whose who of the elite Power Metal singers of all time. However, he does a good job. Another standout point is the drumming of Patrick Johansson (ex- Stormwind). Patrick has been behind Yngwie’s kit for 12+ years now and he is probably the most technically proficient (best?) drummer that Yngwie has ever had. In the live concert he adds some real fire to many of the songs adding fills, rolls and cymbal work that were not on the original versions.Yngwie’s playing has never been better. This album will silence all the critics who say he cannot replicate his studio playing in a concert. The album opens with a one-two-three triple high-speed attack of ‘Rising Force’, ‘Spellbound’ and ‘Demon Driver’ His version of ‘Far Beyond The Sun’ with the ‘Star Spangled Banner’ integrated at the end sent shivers done my spine. Then he busted out his acoustic guitar for some amazing solo work and that blends seamlessly into one of his big 80’s ballads, ‘Dreaming’ which in a nice twist drops, ever so briefly, into a reggae beat! The pacing and sequencing is marvelous. The sound is also very clear and the crowd noise at a nice level, giving it a live feel but not overwhelming loud.This could be the best Yngwie live album in terms of overall quality. By that I mean, his first live album was very ‘song-heavy’ in his early days. His second live album was also very focused on songs (only 16 of them!) and the band at the time. His third live album was with the Japanese orchestra, which essentially was one piece of live music and while amazing was not really ‘Metal’ at all. Unlike the other two previous ‘Metal’ live albums, Yngwie incorporates much more of his neoclassical style and more instrumentals, into the set-list giving it a more diverse feel and tone. I feel that in terms of metallic quality, song selection, solos, incorporating the hits, and just the sheer amount of material covered from his career, SPELLBOUND-LIVE IN TAMPA is his best live album.Album recorded with The Studio 308 Mobile Truck.

Line Up:

Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals – Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Bass, Vocals – Ralph Ciavolino
Drums – Patrick Johansson
Keyboards, Vocals – Nick Marino

Composed By, Arranged By, Lyrics By – Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Management – Malmsteen-MGMT
Mixed By – Keith Rose
Photography By – Mark Weiss
Producer – Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Tracklist:

CD1

01. Rising Force
02. Spellbound
03. Demon Driver
04. Repent
05. Overture
06. From A Thousand Cuts
07. Arpeggios From Hell
08. Crown Of Thorns
09. Badinerie
10. Concerto #4
11. Adagio
12. Far Beyond The Sun
13. Acoustic Paraphrase
14. Dreaming (Tell Me)
15. Gates Of Babylon
16. Into Valhalla

CD2

01. Rise Up
02. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
03. Red Devil
04. Cadenza #1
05. Trilogy Suite
06. Krakatau
07. Cadenza #2
08. Blue
09. Fugue
10. Cadenza #3 / Finale
11. Heaven Tonight
12. Acoustic Cadenza
13. Black Star
14. I'll See The Light Tonight

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Aug 2017, 06:39

Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force - Odyssey (1988) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2007)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2007)
Style : Neoclassical Power Metal , Instrumental
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video

Bio:

Yngwie Johan Malmsteen (/ˈɪŋveɪ ˈmɑːlmstiːn/ ING-vay MAHLM-steen; born Lars Johan Yngve Lannerbäck, 30 June 1963) is a Swedish guitarist, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and bandleader. Malmsteen became known for his neo-classical playing style in heavy metal.Yngwie J. Malmsteen arrived on the scene in 1983 when he emigrated to America from his native Sweden. Malmsteen created a style - an ear-searing blend of metal bombast and classical beauty that is one of the most immediately recognizable of ALL guitarists. He elevated classical chops to new heights, adding a definite European stamp both dark-sounding and blindingly fast."I've been exposed to classical music since I was five years old," says Yngwie, who was born in Stockholm on June 30, 1963. "My mother listened to Bach so much, and I grew to really love his music. Bach's chord progressions and melodies are the most beautiful things ever written."My family was very musical," he adds. "My sister played flute and piano and my brother played guitar, drums, piano, violin, and accordian. My father even played guitar."Malmsteen maintains that his biggest classical influence is 19th-century violin virtuoso Nicolo Paganini. "I was in my early teens the first time I heard his music," recalls Yngwie," and he's been my idol ever since. I got turned on to him through a Swedish TV show. A Russian violinist was playing some Paganini stuff on the program, and I freaked. I quickly put a portable tape recorder in front of the TV to get it on tape. When I found out later what the guy was playing, I went out and bought Paganiniâs "24 Caprices," which is my all-time favorite thing to listen to."Thatâs how I wanted to play guitar. He did with his instrument what few have ever come close to doing. He was a rock and roller-very wild and very extreme."Yngwie's work overflows with classically influenced playing. His Grammy-nominated debut solo album, "Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force," is regarded by many as the definitive document of neoclassical rock guitar."Those compositions ["Black Star" and "Far Beyond the Sun"] sort of sum up my style," says Yngwie. "There are fast runs, slow harmonies, and some really nice arpeggios in them. Those songs are like icons for me. I'll probably play them until the day I die."Malmsteen first picked up a guitar on September 18, 1970-the day Jimi Hendrix died. "Hendrix did inspire me to play," Yngwie affirms, "but I was more influenced by his image than his music. He looked so cool and was a fantastic performer."Says Yngwie: "I don't think anyone can actually teach someone how to play guitar. The desire should come from inside. Guitar is at a stage where one has to do oneâs own nnovations. Playing electric guitar is not like playing classical violin, which has been around for hundreds of years. To play classical violin, one has to be taught the specific skills needed to perform that particular kind of music. Once you get past the basics needed to play guitar, the rest is up to you."Guitarists with mind-boggling technique can be quite boring on stage, but Malmsteen impresses as well as entertains. He is always in constant motion, whether playing his Stratocaster with his teeth or twirling it around his body.

Album:

Most celebrated '80s albums from the mighty YNGWIE MALMSTEEN have been requested here in its Japanese remastered reissue on high quality SHM-CD. All these cardboard sleeve MiniLP replica releases are out of print now.After the success that was the start of his solo career, Yngwie Malmsteen went through a lot of changes.Having already mastered the art of electric guitar technique, on "Odyssey", his fourth album, Malmsteen honed his sights on mastering the art of songwriting, rounding out his neoclassical chops with superb melodies and catchy hooks.Highly responsible of this was the great Joe Lynn Turner, who not only provides an outstanding vocal work, but also has co-written the songs bringing his ability to craft memorable tunes.But it's Yngwie itself who has refined his songwriting on "Odyssey"; the main riffs are solid and rarely inflated, the vocal melodies demand most of the songs’ focus, and though he always throws-in a blistering solo, it's confined to the traditional bridge section rather than wanking all throughout the song."Odyssey" finds Malmsteen cutting synth-laden Melodic Rock tunes like the anthemic "Hold On", "Crystal Ball" and the borderline hair metal hit "Heaven Tonight".This is also the first record in which Yngwie did a real ballad with the excellent "Dreaming (Tell Me)". Also of particular note is "Dreaming", a delicate, expressive marriage of acoustic guitars and keyboards.Balancing the disc we have powerful Melodic Hard Rockers such as "Rising Force", the punchy "Riot In The Dungeons" and the kicking "Déjà Vu"."Odyssey" is one of the best melodic hard rockin' albums from the late '80s, and my favorite Yngwie ever. Even if the title of a particular track slips my mind, I can always recall it just from the opening guitar line, as it usually mimics the chorus melody. Seems to me his critics need to find something to bitch about besides his arrogance: his music songwriting on this album kicks ass.Joe Lynn Turner shines on one of his best recordings, the Johansson bros. are amazingly trained beasts, and production is first rate.Part of the Yngwie Malmsteen's Japanese SHM-CD / miniLP reissue series, this "Odyssey" remaster sounds incredible; big, crispy and perfectly balanced. It really makes the difference.

Line Up:

Yngwie Malmsteen – Guitars, Bass
Joe Lynn Turner – Vocals
Jens Johansson – Keyboards
Anders Johansson – Drums
Bob Daisley – Bass (tracks 1, 2, 8, 9)

Tracklist:

01. Rising Force
02. Hold On
03. Heaven Tonight
04. Dreaming (Tell Me)
05. Bite The Bullet
06. Riot In The Dungeons
07. Deja Vu
08. Crystal Ball
09. Now Is The Time
10. Faster Than The Speed Of Light
11. Krakatau
12. Memories

+ Video "Heaven Tonight" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Aug 2017, 12:00

Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force - Marching Out (1985) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2007)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2007)

Bio:

Album:

Most celebrated '80s albums from the mighty YNGWIE MALMSTEEN have been requested here in its Japanese remastered reissue on high quality SHM-CD. All these cardboard sleeve MiniLP replica releases are out of print now.Now it's time for the killer "Marching Out".After flooring the hard rock / metal community with his phenomenal debut album, Yngwie Malmsteen followed up his stellar neo-classical assault on the senses with a more straightforward rocking album. Though perhaps initially viewed as a step in the wrong direction, this is the direction that Yngwie would maintain for the rest of his career with tremendous success."Marching Out" was the first of what would be several steps at simplifying the Malmsteen formula in to song format, and is easily among his best works.Featuring only two instrumentals (discounting 'Prelude'), it’s very clear that Yngwie was taking a step back in order to round out his writing. His guitar solos were still virtually untouchable for 1985, but his rhythm work was vastly simplified in order to better accommodate the increased vocal presence.This is a good thing, as it allows Jeff Scott Soto to demonstrate why he is one of the best vocalists to ever be featured on one of Yngwie’s albums, and one of the best ever in the genre.Soto also contribute lyrics to multiple songs, and we have Anders Johansson on drums for the first time who style fits the shred genre better then Barriemore Barlow did.And with more vocals, straightforward arrangements, and the appropriate drum/keyboard accompaniment, the sound & style of this album smashed '80s mainstream metal fans like a bang.'I’ll See The Light Tonight' is the album’s signature tune, having the most memorable riffs / vocal lines / guitar solo of the batch. 'Don’t Let It End' is simply awesome featuring a very emotive performance from Soto.'Disciples of Hell' is a kick ass heavy rocker with an acoustic opening sequence as impressive as anything Yngwie has written before or since, 'On The Run Again' is one of my fav Yngwie songs ever, 'Soldier Without Faith' is plenty of atmosphere and 'Caught In The Middle' rock with energy."Marching Out" is '80s metal at its best; killer songs, top notch guitars, and a giant of a vocalist.It's an amazing album that when listening to it you can't help but notice the talent of not only the musician's technique, but also songwriting wise which is a skill from Yngwie that is often downplayed. It's simply fantastic.Part of the Yngwie Malmsteen's Japanese SHM-CD / miniLP reissue series released four years ago - and now out of print, this remastering re-discover new layers of sound and adds a lot of punch.

Line Up:

Yngwie Malmsteen – guitars, Moog Taurus, vocals
Jeff Scott Soto – lead & background vocals
Jens Johansson – keyboards, synths
Anders Johansson – drums
Marcel Jacob – bass

Tracklist:

01 - Prelude
02 - I'll See The Light Tonight
03 - Don't Let It End
04 - Disciples Of Hell
05 - I Am A Viking
06 - Overture 1383
07 - Anguish And Fear
08 - On The Run Again
09 - Soldier Without Faith
10 - Caught In The Middle
11 - Marching Out

+ Video "Disciples Of Hell" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Aug 2017, 12:25

Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force - Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force (1984) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2007)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2007)

Bio:

Album:

Most celebrated '80s albums from the mighty YNGWIE MALMSTEEN have been requested here in its Japanese remastered reissue on high quality SHM-CD. All these cardboard sleeve MiniLP replica releases are out of print now.Let's go with "Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force", the cracking debut."Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force" was a revelation upon its release in 1984; Eddie Van Halen had introduced dazzling speed to the realm of rock guitar technique, and the compositions of Randy Rhoads had begun to fuse heavy metal with neo-classical influences, but no one before Yngwie Malmsteen was able to combine those elements with such blinding virtuosity.Malmsteen's innovative guitar style made Rising Force a mandatory primer for '80s metal guitarists, with its classical chord progressions and Malmsteen's use of harmonic minor scales, a wide vibrato imitative of classical violinists, and impossibly clean fast picking techniques, including the sweep-picked arpeggio.Malmsteen's obsessions with Bach, Beethoven, and Paganini are used in the service of a dark, stately, gothic atmosphere and sent guitar students scurrying to learn their works as well as Malmsteen's own.This Yngwie debut is quite different from the hard rock / traditional metal albums he previously did with Alcatrazz or Steeler; it is almost instrumental and just two songs have lyrics, leaving room for purely guitargasmic songs.The album sound is purely shred, but there are many ways to make shreddy albums. You can find a more neoclassical driven sound in MacAlpine's music, but Joe Satriani and Steve Vai play their notes with hard rock music rather than playing heavy metal.In the case of Malmsteen, his album has a neoclassical but dark atmosphere like if he was playing music from the barroque or something similar. Although the album respects the atmosphere and it never changes (even in 'Little Savage'), the album does not have an specific structure.I have no problem with that, since a lot of good albums are composed in this way, but many people who disregard the quality of guitar solos could have an issue with the lack of a defined structure. I mean, this album was made for shred lovers.Of course the whole thing is about Malmsteen's free-style guitar soloing, with neoclassical music played by the Johannson's brothers as a background, which basically was medium to slow-paced with gems like 'Far Beyond The Sun' or 'Black Star'.It has intense moments in 'Now Your Ships Are Burned' and 'As Above, So Below', the two great vocals tracks that of course were the first major exposure for Jeff Scott Soto's terrific pipes."Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force" was the true inauguration of the age of the 'guitar shredder' genre, and still make waves today.Part of the Yngwie Malmsteen's Japanese SHM-CD / miniLP reissue series released four years ago - and now out of print - this remastering is awesomely crystal clear.

Line Up:

Yngwie Malmsteen – guitars, Moog Taurus, bass
Jeff Scott Soto – vocals
Jens Johansson – keyboards, harpsichord
Barriemore Barlow – drums

Tracklist:

01. Black Star
02. Far Beyond The Sun
03. Now Your Ships Are Burned
04. Evil Eye
05. Icarus' Dream Suite Op.4
06. As Above, So Below
07. Little Savage
08. Farewell

+ Video "Evil Eye" (Live Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Aug 2017, 12:52

Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force - Trilogy (1986) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2007)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2007)

Bio:

Album:

The best, most celebrated '80s albums from the mighty YNGWIE MALMSTEEN have been requested here in its Japanese remastered versions on high quality SHM-CD. All these cardboard sleeve MiniLP replica releases are out of print now.Let's go with the great "Trilogy".Yngwie's third solo album "Trilogy" found him hitting his technical peak. The guitar playing here is above top notch, and easily blows everything else out of the water. What's more, is that this album, despite the greatness of the previous Marching Out, is the foundation of the 'Yngwie sound'.Every Yngwie album made after this can be easily heard in "Trilogy".Always pushing the limits and far from the comfort zone, Yngwie recruited a new vocalist in Mark Boals. Most artists would have keep the great Jeff Scott Soto as frontman - if ain't broken, don't fix it - but the Swedish guitarist was lookong for something new.We have a fairly good mix of songs here, ranging from slow (Dark Ages) to fast (Liar). 'Liar' and 'Fury', the two uptempo songs, kick absolute ass. They pretty much form the basis of all future uptempo lyrical matter. We also have some more midtempo treats (Magic Mirror, Fire) which possess brutally inspired licks and solos.Of course, we have here the terrific 'You Don't Remember', the first 'true' commercial Yngwie song, and I love it.And then... there's the little masterpiece. Any misgivings about this album are instantly eased by 'Trilogy Suite op. 5'. Jesus Christ this song is awesome. While it is indeed 9 minutes of shredding, isn't that what we listen to Malmsteen instrumentals for? However, for those who don't like 9 minutes of shredding, it's got substance too. It's really melodic and has a beautiful acoustic section in the middle, amidst the Stratocaster madness.It must be noted as well that the keyboards are equally awesome, and get several solo spots in between Malmsteen's shred-fests. If a song defined shred, it would be this.The other members of the band shouldn't be skirted. Anders Johansson, simply put, is a beast. His drumming radiates power, and has only gotten better since Marching Out.And we have Mark Boals, one of the most 'powerful in control' vocalists in the genre. I've seen the man live, and never miss a note. "Trilogy" wouldn't be the same without Mark Boals.All in all, "Trilogy" defines Yngwie's career better than any album. It's heavy, it's melodic, it's shred, all delivered with an incredible pristine sound.An that sound is fully appreciated in this excellent remaster, part of the Yngwie Malmsteen's Japanese SHM-CD / miniLP reissue series released four years ago - and now out of print.

Line Up:

Yngwie Malmsteen – guitars, Taurus pedal, bass
Mark Boals – vocals
Jens Johansson – keyboard, arrangement assistance
Anders Johansson – drums

Tracklist:

01. You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget
02. Liar
03. Queen In Love
04. Crying
05. Fury
06. Fire
07. Magic Mirror
08. Dark Ages
09. Trilogy Suite Op:5

+ Video "You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Yngwie Malmsteen (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Apr 2020, 07:50

Yngwie Malmsteen - Fire & Ice (1992) (HNE Recordings Remastered Edition 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (HNE Recordings Remastered Edition 2017)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

Having been deleted for many years, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN and Hear No Evil Recordings / Cherry Red reissued & remastered a new expanded version of his 1992 classic album “Fire & Ice“, including two bonus tracks.Remastered by Andy Pearce (from Rock Candy Records headquarters) the sound quality is better than never, now with the bass really noticeable into the mix.Despite this HNE remaster was released only two years ago it’s out of print now, so Yngwie’s “Fire & Ice” again.‘Fire & Ice’ is one of my favorite Malmsteen albums, mixing the classic baroque metal of his origins with catchy early 90s melodic hard rock. Oh, and there’s the unique Göran Edman, in one of the best vocal performances of his career.Perhaps the most diverse album of Yngwie’s discography, ‘Fire & Ice’ delivers on quality songwriting as well as production. The most welcome addition to the Malmsteen formula is a string quartet featured on several songs such as ‘How Many Miles to Babylon’, ‘Show No Mercy’, and ‘Forever is a Long Time’.The album also features commercial affairs such as ‘Dragonfly’, a classic hard rocker fused with Jimi Hendrix style wah pedal licks, and the glam-rock fest ‘Teaser’, rich in harmony vocals.If you think these mainstream elements diminish results, you’re wrong.Additionally, the presence of Göran Edman elevates everything. Edman is easily one of the best singers Malmsteen had, and while not a traditionally metal singer, he more than makes up for it by exhibiting tremendous vocal power and range.Malmseen’s pearless guitar-work is in full fruition all over “Fire & Ice”. His blend of neoclassical shredding and hard rock / glam metal mixed with a diverse songwriting style makes for a cacophony full of pleasant surprises.The title track is is just awesome: the masterful sweep-picking for the main riff is mind-boggling. I can see why he never plays that one live. It’s a BEAST in terms of complexity.“Fire & Ice” is a criminally overlooked album in Yngwie’s catalog of music, and not only it’s one of my favorites, it’s one of his best.This is a very good remastering – the original sounds great thanks to the big production – however a more prominent bass was needed, as a well as a more defined snare drum. Very well job by Andy Pearce.

Line Up:

Yngwie Malmsteen – guitar, Moog Taurus, sitar, vocals
Göran Edman – lead vocals
Mats Olausson – keyboards, vocals
Bo Werner – drums
Michael Von Knorring – drums (track 8)
Svante Henryson – bass, cello, strings arrangement
Per Bögberg – viola
Ulf Forsberg – violin
Svein-Harald Martinsen – violin
Kalle Moraeus – violin
Lolo Lannerbäck – flute

Tracklist:

01. Perpetual
02. Dragonfly
03. Teaser
04. How Many Miles to Babylon
05. Cry No More
06. No Mercy
07. C’est La Vie
08. Leviathan
09. Fire and Ice
10. Forever Is a Long Time
11. I’m My Own Enemy
12. All I Want Is Everything
13. Golden Dawn
14. Final Curtain
15. Teaser (Single Version) (Bonus Track)
16. Broken Glass (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "GUITAR Heroes, GUITAR Legends"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní