Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Glam Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 86 mb

Bio:

Formed in November 2005, L.A. COBRA is South Africa’s answer to 80’s Hair Metal – Pretoria Style! The only Glam Rock/Metal Sleaze , Rock ‘n Roll band on the African Continent.Yes, they are the Hottest Band in Town, breaking away from current ‘modern’ rock and ‘nu metal’ trends, L.A. COBRA combine elements of hard hitting 80’s Rock with just enough sleaze and humour to rock the party!!!!!!!With their over-the-top stage antics, outfits and attitude, L.A. COBRA is set to change the face of modern music as we know it!!!! True Rock Stars in deed, professionalism the answer to their success. The perfect band to party with, and guaranteed the most memorable time of your life.Largely influenced by 80’s rock bands like Mötley Crüe, Guns & Roses, Bon Jovi, White Snake, Poison, Kiss, WASP and Skid Row etc. L.A. COBRA is all about girls, Harleys, big hair and a good time. The band is: Don Cobra on vocals and guitar, Slade on lead guitar, bass guitar and Animal on drums, bringing back those memorable guitar solo’s and “balls to the wall” hard rock shows we’re all starved for with a modern twist from their songwriting as we know them, these guys are the real deal, and live Rock and Roll!L.A. Cobra is the Glam band of the future, while their music and image portray the 80’s its still modern rock, which can be played over any radio station and drive ladies insane with pants tighter than skin.L.A. COBRA’s debut release “Cherry Hill” (mixed and produced by Ashton Nyte and L.A. COBRA) was released through Intervention Arts on 27 January 2007 at a Sleaze-Rocking Party at Zeplins in Pretoria with more than a 1400 people in attendance! In association with MK89’s Mullets, Zeplins, Red Tape Clothing and Jack Daniels.L.A. Cobra 2011 – L.A. Cobra Second album “How much snake can you take?? will be available in August 2011.It’s time to spit again!!L.A. Cobra 2012 - Songs from “How much Snake can you take?? Are used in a local movie called “Bustin’ Tjops”

Album:

Superstition is the fourth studio album from L.A. COBRA and a must-have album for all music lovers and collectors around the world. L.A. COBRA‘s Superstition is a unique contribution to the sleaze/glam genre with massive choruses that will have you singing along in no time. Superstition was mixed, mastered and produced by Martin Sweet of CRASHDIET.L.A. Cobra return with their fourth album ‘Superstition‘ and they come prepared to stand out amongst other bands in the genre with something called syncopation. Defined as “a disturbance or interruption of the regular flow of rhythm”, this album is chock full of time changes. Usually this can create a messy sounding album and is best utilized by progressive bands who can master these changes.L.A. Cobra is certainly not progressive, yet they have managed to construct complexity from what would normally be simplistic, straightforward tracks.Take for example one of my favorite tracks, ‘Nothing Like a Nemesis’ the rhythm changes between the verses, bridge, and chorus could have been disastrous, but it works well here and gives the song a uniqueness that is lacking in an ever-crowding field of bands all vying for that late 80s sound. Bonus points for having a cool sounding title that has never been used by any prior band.That’s just one of many great tracks. ‘She’s My Prison’ has a strong chorus that explodes from the speakers with great gang vocals very reminiscent of Crashdïet, which is not a stretch being that the album was produced by their guitarist (more on that later). ‘Chemical Dependency’ makes the interesting choice of having bass player Ewil take lead several times and lays down a solid rhythm that frames the entire song. ‘The Star’ breaks the mold slightly and has the most straightforward beat on the album. No surprise time changes here, but a familiar yet great rhythm nonetheless.Finally, title track ‘Superstition’ has a sinister feel that has some unusual time changes, including times when the band briefly ceases playing before exploding back with the chorus. It also has my favorite guitar riff on the album. It was during this song that I came to realize why the vocals sounded so familiar. At times singer Don Cobra has a similar vibrato to Tobias Forge, the lead singer of Ghost. The song is great despite the fact there seems to be a portion of a guitar solo missing. There’s a rhythm section for it, but without the solo, the section seems hollow.These time changes can backfire in some situations. My least favorite track is ‘Inferno’ for this very reason. The melody is lacking in the chorus, which brings the song down. An off-beat drum signature and various stops and starts ruins the vibe of the track. Also worth noting is the lack of a ballad. Not problematic per se, but a ballsy move as most bands of the genre include at least one ballad.A note about the production. It’s hard to avoid comparisons to a band like Crashdïet when the album is produced by Martin Sweet, Crashdïet’s guitarist. The overall sound is solid but those expecting a production similar to Crashdïet are going to be disappointed. It sounds like it was produced independently on a limited budget. This will not be a problem for most people if they venture forth with that mindset.The melodies constructed by the band are all top notch. I cannot compare this release to any of their prior releases as this is the first one I’ve heard from the band. I will be looking into their back catalog and hoping to find something as good as what I’ve just heard. If you have their prior releases, this is a no-brainer purchase. For everyone else, L.A. Cobra has L.A. in their name for a reason. This is unapologetically sleaze glam metal at this finest. If you dig that sound, you must add this to your collection.

Line-Up:

Don Cobra - Vocals , Guitar
Slade Sleaze - Guitar
Ewil Honey - Bass
Callie the Animal - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Strange Desires
02. Nothin’ Like A Nemesis
03. The Star
04. Superstition
05. Untamed
06. I Want More
07. Chemical Dependency
08. She’s My Prison
09. Inferno

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2022 / NEWS 2022"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných