Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 103 mb

Bio:

Anvil are a Canadian heavy metal band from Toronto, Ontario, formed in 1978. The band consists of Steve "Lips" Kudlow (vocals, guitar), Robb Reiner (drums) and Chris Robertson (bass). To date, the band has released fifteen studio albums, and has been cited as having influenced many notable heavy metal groups, including Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica.The band, in particular Kudlow and Reiner, was the subject of the 2008 documentary film, Anvil! The Story of Anvil, directed by the screenwriter and former Anvil roadie, Sacha Gervasi. Upon its release, the film garnered critical acclaim from many major publications, and has since brought the band renewed recognition, including opening slots with AC/DC and Saxon. Appearances at both major heavy metal festivals, including Download, Loud Park and Hellfest, and independent music festivals like Bumbershoot and SXSW, also followed the release of the film. Reviewers described Anvil as a pioneering hair metal band that was popular in the 1980s but then faded into obscurity in the 1990s, while refusing to stop playing, recording and gigging.Anvil's antics on and off stage, the setbacks they suffered, and their determination to keep going was compared to the fictional band Spinal Tap.

Album:

On Impact Is Imminent, ANVIL fires off merciless riff attacks, relentlessly driving drums and impressive bass grooves, complemented by vocal melodies and lyrics that inevitably drill themselves into the listeners aural tract. As always, Kudlow and founding member and drummer Robb Reiner, are at the epicentre of this heavy metal extravaganza. For the past eight years, they have been supported by bassist Chris Robertson, who not only complements the ANVIL fold on a personal level, but also enhances the tracks with his powerful low frequency bass parts and backing vocals.Here we have a legend. Behold my dear fan. Kneel before the Metal legends. Here come Anvil one of the most legendary Heavy Metal bands from all times. Show of hands the headbanger that watched “Anvil! The story of Anvil” who could let their eyes completely dry. Not even release a drop. Impossible, huh? It’s the kind of story that many of us know by heart because lived something near or similar. I did.Ok. From the time I received the e-mail with the Anvil press package I started to write this review. Anvil are a band that is in my mind for some time. I remember to have read about a lot about them during my teens but I just heard the band in a cassete compilation in 1999. Yes, that famous cassete compilation I’m always talking about. Yeah, right. Well, the band has a long career and this “Impact Is Imminent” is their nineteenth release. Needless to say that Anvil are one of the most underrated bands of all times. More than Cirith Ungol, I guess. It is so Because they did taste the flavor of fame in the 1980s and had a really good reputation performing some very famous gigs all around this sad and linely and pathetic little world.From where I’m standing, this album follows Anvil’s tradition of never recording the same album. “Impact Is Imminent” is very different from the albums I’ve heard. Not too many I have to say. Unfortunately. There are lots of rock’n’roll citations here as the full brass sections “Gomez” – Have I already said that I don’t like brass section nor saxophones? But whatever. This album has more varied tracks than the others I know of. Kick off track “Take a Lesson” has an Alice Cooper’s “Freedom” era taste from the beginning with a narrator introducing the band. Curious fact, the narrator is no one but Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters – a band that there is no way of me liking it, sorry. Ok, I happen to remember that this kind of introduction is more likely to Kiss but the song sounds much more Alice Cooper’s. Only Anvil could give their songs their acid and twisted personality to make them evil enough to be Metal. Perhaps “Impact Is Imminent” is their most rock’n’roll album. For instance, “Bad Side of Town” has a guitar solo that sounds a lot like “Born to Be Wild” made famous by Steppenwolf and a biker’s anthem. In here Steve “Lips” Kudlow’s voice gets so near to Alice’s. Check “Another Gun Fight” out to get to know what I’m telling you. I really don’t know why I do this kind of comparison but, you know, it’s educational. Another rock’n’roll citation is the instrumental “Teabag” with its guitar riffings. Does anybody hear a ‘Rooock’n’roll? I keep thinking if I am overreacting to say I think Anvil to sound like Alice Cooper. Maybe. But are Anvil sounding like Alice Cooper, yes they are indeed. I guess only “Fire Rain” sounds more old Anvil of all the album with its acid guitar riffings and speed.Above all things Anvil are a band to be respected for their history. Against all odds they have always been loyal to what they believe. Juts to remember in 1981 the almighty Lemmy Kilmister asked Kudlow to play guitar for Motörhead, to replace the other legend “Fast” Eddie Clarke, but Kudlow declined. We’ve got to respect that.Anvil “Impact Is Imminent” will be released on May 20th via AFM Records.

Line-Up:

Steve "Lips" Kudlow - Guitars, Vocals (1981-present) - See also: ex-Lips
Chris Robertson - Bass (2014-present)
Robb Reiner - Drums (1981-present) - See also: ex-Lips

Tracklist:

01. Take a Lesson
02. Ghost Shadow
03. Another Gun Fight
04. Fire Rain
05. Teabag
06. Don't Look Back
07. Someone to Hate
08. Bad Side of Town
09. Wizard's Wand
10. Lockdown
11. Explosive Energy
12. The Rabbit Hole
13. Shockwave
14. Gomez

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2022 / NEWS 2022"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní