Magnum - The Monster Roars (Digipak Edition) (2022)

hudební novinky 2022 / music news 2022
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Jan 2022, 08:09

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 121 mb

Bio:

Influential British melodic hard rockers MAGNUM will release their 19th studio album, "Escape From The Shadow Garden", on March 25 (one day earlier internationally) via Steamhammer/SPV. The effort will be made available as a limited digipak edition with bonus material, as a double colored vinyl LP, standard jewel case CD and download. The cover artwork was once again created by famous fantasy artist Rodney Matthews (ASIA, NAZARETH, ELOY)."We used to be under permanent pressure from our record companies," says MAGNUM mastermind Tony Clarkin. "They kept calling us, demanding hit singles and radio numbers. But that sort of thing doesn't work on demand. Now we're with SPV, where it's a totally different situation. They give us the necessary time and trust us to do the right thing. That's probably the reason why I enjoy working with MAGNUM again."Clarkin's regained joy in his band is omnipresent on "Escape From The Shadow Garden". Just like his simple-yet-logical work ethos. "I simply told myself: you're a passable guitarist, so you should play the guitar," he says. "As the band's guitarist and producer, I have all the freedom I need to create exactly what I feel like creating." The result of his latest burst of creativity consists of eleven wonderfully melodic rock songs which blend all the typical MAGNUM ingredients, sounding in a fascinating way both timeless and classic."This band has certain unmistakable trademarks," Clarkin explains. "Among them are my feel for melodies and Bob's unique vocal style."Only a month after the release of its predecessor, "On The 13th Day", Clarkin started with the preparations for "Escape From The Shadow Garden" — as always, an exciting phase in his life."Before you haven't recorded and mixed every single note, you never really know whether you'll be happy with the result," he says."When I heard the final version of the eleven new songs with their different stories and diverse arrangements, I knew it had turned into an impressive and complete album."Together with the great cover artwork designed by Rodney Matthews, this is a release which forges an arch to the early days of MAGNUM's career. And that's wonderful!"I was really happy when my friend Jimmy Lea of SLADE came to visit me at the studio again and said: 'You've done it again?'"It doesn't matter whether by sheer luck or hard work — life could have gone a totally differently way."

Abum:

I try not to start every Magnum review talking about the past because let’s face it we all know so much about albums like ‘Storytellers’ and the great landmarks of the 80’s but the truth is it’s hard not to reference a band’s glorious past even decades later. The truth is of course that Magnum’s output this millennium has always been quality, and if not hitting the highs of almost 40 years ago they constantly fail spectacularly to sound like “old men just going through the motions” like any of their contemporaries!The press release is surprisingly accurate this time: “Even after difficult months marked by pandemic-related concert cancellations, contact restrictions and uncertain perspectives for the whole music industry, the English rock act have succeeded in creating a vibrant, homogeneous work that impresses its listeners from the first to the last note and includes a number of surprises.” It’s the surprises that we’ll touch on later…We open as you might expect with a ‘roar’ and like on previous albums the opening salvos are enough to let you know that the unique sound of Magnum is back. ‘Remember’ that follows is one of a number of Hard Rockers (probably half the album are straight ahead rockers) that will please fans if not exactly upping the bar, though in all honesty Magnum’s bar has always been set rather higher than most. All the songs too are similar in construction – the majority clocking in around the 5 minute mark and whilst some might find that rather unadventurous I know others will find it rather pleasing!If you like to Rock out I’d single out ‘The Present Not The Past’, ‘The Day After The Night Before’ and ‘That Freedom Word’ as hitting the spot rather nicely. But this is an album where the real wonder comes from when Clarkin strays from the formula.And of course Magnum has always excelled at the slower numbers and ‘Walk The Silent Hours’ is wonderfully orchestrated and right up there with their best of recent times. Bob is sounding so very good too here and throughout. Elsewhere there’s the very interesting ‘No Steppin’ Stones’ sat innocently mid-album with its real Magnum ethos yet it’s a song shot through and bolstered by horns! Yes horns! And it just sounds so right! I have to say that I need more of this! (is that enough !!!! ?) Another two of my standouts on a very satisfying album are the mid-tempo closer ‘Can’t Buy Yourself Heaven’ which rounds things out in real style and the piano-led anthem ‘All You Believe In’ which brings to mind former glories with it’s wonderful melodies. It’s one of my favourite Magnum tracks this side of the millennium.There’s some wonderful lyrics as always from Tony, but here you can really feel the passion as he tackles the politics. ‘The Monster Roars’ does what you’d expect on the tin, but I’d wager this time Tony has created the perfect storm for Magnum fans – I’ve loved the last few in the main, but this one I’ve fallen for completely.

Line-Up:

Bob Catley - vocals
Tony Clarkin - lead guitar, vocals
Dennis Ward - bass guitar, backing vocals
Rick Benton - keyboards
Lee Morris - drums

Tracklist:

01. The Monster Roars 3:57
02. Remember 5:05
03. All You Believe In 5:01
04. I Won't Let You Down 3:57
05. The Present Not The Past 5:27
06. No Steppin' Stones 3:57
07. That Freedom Word 4:52
08. Your Blood Is Violence 6:44
09. Walk The Silent Hours 4:51
10. The Day After The Night Before 4:23
11. Come Holy Men 5:01
12. Can't Buy Yourself Heaven 5:00

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2022 / NEWS 2022"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný