Scarlet Rebels - See Through Blue (2022)

hudební novinky 2022 / music news 2022
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Jan 2022, 10:54

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

Melodic hard rock band Scarlet Rebels were formed from the foundations of rock band V0iD.The band have released three official albums under the name of V0iD – Ballads For Beauties And Beasts (2009), Zer0 (2010) and Keep Fighting (2015).In 2018, singer-songwriter Wayne Doyle, energetic and powerhouse drummer Gary Doyle and harmonic, rhythmic bassist Wayne ‘Pricey’ Esmonde we’re joined by blistering lead guitarist Chris Jones and on second guitar/keyboards, Josh Townshend, who has rock royalty flowing through his veins, being the son of The Who guitarist Simon Townshend and the nephew of rock icon Pete Townshend.And with the re-energised and re-imagined line-up came a new name – SCARLET REBELS.‘Show Your Colours’ is the debut album by Scarlet Rebel, showcasing an array of songwriting talent, coupled with real sonic weight, making it a stunning record from start to finish, never losing the focus that the song is always served best.With the expert ears of Tim Hamill (Lemmy, Girlschool, George Michael) controlling the desk, the recording process started with drums and rhythm guitars before then handing over to the rest of the band to put their stamp on the songs.The outcome was 14 songs of soaring melodies, anthemic choruses, blistering guitars and heavy-duty drums.Taking inspiration from the political situations across the world. Songs like ‘No One Else To Blame’ starts with a punch to the guts, thanks to a roaring guitar intro from Chris Jones, and sets the tone for the whole album. ‘You Take My Breath Away’ hits you with chorus of huge proportions while the talkbox intro and rant of ‘Head’s In The Ground’ follows.Next up is southern influenced ‘Part Of Me’ followed by the beautiful and poignant ‘Heal’ which climaxes with a duel chorus of two separate voices conversing. ‘Let Your Love Go’, ‘Nothing To Say’ and ‘Save Me’ maintain the highest of songwriting prowess and are all huge choruses based around roaring guitars and skull-busting drums.’Blinded By The Pain’ follows with lyrical content based around mental health, which starts as a quiet introspective verse, that builds into a crescendo of layered vocals, guitars and pianos. ‘Shattered Dreams’ kicks the tempo back up with tribal drums, guitars and powerful vocals, before ‘Can I Open My Eyes’ sees an autobiographical lament from singer Wayne Doyle, who’s tendency to get lost in the moment on stage means he often forgets the details of each show! The album closes with the sublime ‘Returning Light’ a haunting ballad about bereavement and losing someone close to you.Scarlet Rebels prove on this album that songwriting, melodies, guitars, solos, bass and drums won’t ever go out of fashion.

Album:

Scarlet Rebel's sound is as broad as their ambition.The five-piece – completed by lead guitarist Chris Jones, second guitarist/keyboard player Josh Townshend, bassist Wayne 'Pricey' Esmonde and the frontman's brother, drummer Gary Doyle – fuse the rocket-powered energy of classic hard rock bands such as Guns N' Roses and Aerosmith with the vital modern edge of alt-rock giants like the Foo Fighters on songs such as I Can Sleep Now and Everything Changed. Elsewhere, Scarlet Rebels mine the same seam of timeless, vivid songwriting as Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen.With the pandemic etc. disrupting our lives it doesn’t seem like two and a half years since Scarlet Rebels not just released but unleashed their debut album Show Your Colours containing a whopping fourteen songs hammered out by a three guitar line up and thankfully they still hit hard and heavy with the follow up, soon to be released piledriver See Through Blue via Earache Records on January 28th 2022. Previously named Void and formed in Llanelli, Wales they changed it to Scarlet Rebels after their local rugby team The Llanelli Scarlets.The album opens with ‘I’m Alive’ and they certainly are. Imagine the twang of the Allman Brothers with the in your face force of AC/DC and you’re halfway there. It’s a statement of intent opener and the guitar solo explodes to bring it to an ear ringing close.They whip up a storm during ‘Storm’ with an earworm main riff that embeds in your brain and stays there until this chuggy hard rocker has finished. It’s got a dead cert feel good factor as mighty “Whoa oh oh’s” pepper the fists in the air, shout em out loud and proud choruses and a guitar solo with lashings of wah-wah pedal.Jabbing dynamics knocked me out for a count of ten courtesy of ‘London Story’, a tale of love lost with a clever lyric of “It was a cold dark November, but she moved like the summer”.An anthem in the making sees ‘These Days’ guarantee to uplift any crowd as summery vibes burst out to clear the clouds away and the choruses could melt the coldest of hearts. It’s a perfect song of melodies with muscle that brought to mind ‘Runaway Train’ by Soul Asylum.A snare drum driven adrenaline rush fury of headbanging grooves catapult ‘Take You Home’ towards another smile inducing chorus that they pull out of the hat. A moody midsection of indie guitar lines, thumping kick drums and an outrageous guitar solo make for an early album highlight.‘I Can Sleep Now’ is a ballistic ballad that’s beyond belief in a good way of course! A skin tingling intro of an almost whispered vocal is truly ethereal that gives way to a heart wrenching chorus and all hell breaks loose for bullying riffs and guitar solos.Once again the feelgood factor goes through the roof from ‘I Can’t Say’, a glorious melodic rocker but the big riffs are never too far away for getting the air guitars out!‘Take It’ is all powerchord heaven that unbelievably gets heavier when the choruses crash in!‘Leave A Light On’ is another beautiful ballad as acoustic strums let it flow over a sugar sweet lead vocal as Wayne holds onto some seriously strong notes for the outro.‘We’re Going Nowhere’ is fiery funk that cuts a rug with some full on grooves and a load of soul.An intro of metronomic drumbeats to ‘Everything Changed’ picks up the pace when monolithic riffs surge to make it the heaviest track on the album, especially in the stellar choruses.This highly impressive sophomore album closes with the title track. An almost quivering vocal intro cascades towards razor sharp riffing and an overwhelming crescendo outro.

Line-Up:

Wayne Doyle (vocals/guitar)
Chris Jones (lead guitar)
Josh Townshend (guitar)
Wayne ‘Pricey’ Esmonde (bass)
Gary Doyle (drums)

Tracklist:

01. I'm Alive
02. Storm
03. London Story
04. These Days
05. Take You Home
06. I Can Sleep Now
07. I Can't Say
08. Take It
09. Leave A Light On
10. We're Going Nowhere
11. Everything Changed
​12. See Through Blue

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2022 / NEWS 2022"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní