Sweet N' Evil - Lives Of My Day (Heaven And Hell Records Limited Edition) (2021)

hudební novinky 2021 / music news 2021
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Sweet N' Evil - Lives Of My Day (Heaven And Hell Records Limited Edition) (2021)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Apr 2022, 12:33

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990-1991 (Heaven And Hell Records Limited Edition 2021)
Style : Hard Rock , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 133 mb

Bio:

Sweet-N-Evil was a female-fronted, theatrical, rock band that performed all over the NYC, tri-state area in the 1990's. The hard rock music was \performed by the 4-piece band, featuring vocalist Tracey Lepore.Throughout the show, she would go from scantily dressed, to virtually naked; wearing only a g-string and band-aids over her nipples. But, she was more than just a half-nude, spectacle; she could actually sing.Over the years they were together there were a few different versions of the band, but Tracey and bass player Salty were the core members.Sweet-N-Evil blitzed the music clubs in the tri-state area throughout the 1990’s. In the days of Grunge, we were giving a complete performance for both the eyes and ears. Led by bombastic singer Tracey Lepore, all those that were lucky enough to witness our onslaught, would never forget it.Tracey and I began putting ideas together for the band in 1990. We knew we didn’t want to be “just another band”, we wanted to be bigger than that.With her charisma and stage presence, I knew that she was just the one to be able to pull it off.We developed the concept of having a show with each song. In fact, when most bands just showed up at the club with their guitars, we were carrying around a five man crew/actors, tons of props, a bunch of lights, a follow spot, pyrotechnics and a sound man. Most nights it cost the band members money out of their pockets to pay the crew. Oh yeah, I almost forgot… we also carried around another member of Sweet-N-Evil; Alice, an 8-foot boa constrictor. She was quite the performer.Tracey choreographed all the action. I built all the scenery, props and initially, all the explosives. We could do things in those days, you couldn’t even think about doing today. Since I was the only one that could actually put the band on stage; I also drove the truck and roadied. It was a small price to pay to make sure everything went off without a hitch.Long before we put Sweet-N-Evil (Tracey came up with the name) together, we began writing songs. The first one we ever wrote was Empty Love, and that song would be our show closer for the entire run of the band. Although we went through numerous guitar players and drummers, Tracey and I were always the core. We believed in what we were doing.In 1991, we decided that we would put on an Industry Showcase for the major record labels. On Halloween, we attacked every record company in New York City. Johnny and I were dressed in Grim reaper robes and we accompanied Tracey into each company, where she tried to work her way into an A&R rep’s office to hand them a small black coffin which contained our demo tape, a VHS video trailer and an invitation to S.I.R. Studios on West 52nd St. for the showcase. Jim and his girlfriend Cheryl drove the getaway car.Record companies won’t even talk to you if you’re unsolicited, but we managed to get reps from Columbia, Arista and Polygram down to the showcase. Tracey even managed to get friendly with the rep from Columbia, but he told her that although he loved what we were doing, he didn’t believe he could sell us in the current “Grunge” climate.Jim lasted for a few years, but ultimately, he moved on. I hated to see him go, but the show must go on… and it did.The next guitar player to step on stage with us, came from a bit closer to home. He was Tracey’s brother, who went by the name of Sandy Michaels, and he was a true, flashy, ’80’s, guitar slinger. He brought a powerful burst of energy to the band, so we didn’t miss a beat, in fact; musically, the band was much stronger. While the band was most productive with Jim; this version of the band kicked into overdrive.Placed ads in the local music paper called The Aquarian Weekly, looking for a guitar player and drummer. After talking to a number of people, we met with a couple guys that answered the add together. The drummer’s name was Johnny K and the guitarist was Steve Lewis. Although we weren’t blown away by Steve, we really liked what Johnny brought to the game. We were anxious to get moving, so we took them both.We rehearsed for months before doing our first show at Studio One in Newark, NJ on August 25, 1990. It was huge rock club that had some of the bigger name bands performing there. On August 26, after talking to Johnny; I fired Steve. He was a really great guy to work with, but he just wasn’t what we were looking for.We subsequently auditioned dozens of guitar players. We knew exactly what we wanted, as well as exactly what we didn’t want. The guy we chose was called Jim Neil. He had recently graduated from Berkeley School of Music in Boston, so he knew what he was doing, but more importantly; he understood and fully embraced what we were planning.As soon as Jim joined, we went straight into the studio to record our first demo. Things really began to happen after that. I was handling all the booking, and had us working 4-5 nights a week. The band was rally getting tight.That was the best period of Sweet-N-Evil. Everyone was on the same page and focused on pushing the band in a forward direction. Jim took over the marketing and created a risque’ ad campaign that was very well “anticipated” each week in The Aquarian. Even if someone hadn’t seen us; they knew who we were, just from our ads.Opportunities came and went, but we kept pushing. Johnny left to get married, and we went through a couple drummers before settling in on a real heavy-hitter named Mark Celli. When his girlfriends weren’t trying to kill him or burn his house down he was a great drummer. At this point, the band got heavier.Not to long after Mark joined, Sandy quit and we replaced him with Tommy Rich. Just as we had with Steve; we settled. Not that Tommy wasn’t a decent guitar player; he was, but he had no clue of what we were really about. His wife got pregnant, and that was the end of him.At that point; I just couldn’t audition another guitar player and teach him the songs, so I decided to take a break. There’s not a day that I don’t miss it and not a day that I don’t think about how incredible it was. Tracey and I were always on the same page. We didn’t just go for a ride; we drove it, and drove it hard. We did it our way. We had fans, not just in the tri-state area, but all over the world.While we never got the break we were shooting for, we still gave 1000% every single night, and I wouldn’t trade one single minute of it.It was the best time of my life!

Album:

Fronted by bombastic lead singer Tracey Lepore, SWEET ‘N’ EVIL blitzed the music scene in the New York, Tri-State area since 1990. Their huge, rabid following stretched from New York City to Philadelphia, and all points in between. The show was unlike anything ever seen in the clubs. It was truly an experience of both sight and sound; a macabre burlesque with great loud songs, explosive pyrotechnics and an 8ft. boa constrictor named Alice.In the dark days of grunge, SWEET ‘N’ EVIL were giving a complete performance for both the eyes and the ears: shock rock with hard rock tunes with a 1984’s feel & sound.Compiled under the title “Lives Of My Day“, Heaven & Hell Records are putting all the SWEET ‘N’ EVIL recordings fully remastered, originally only released by the band on various cassettes.The digital version featured 10 tracks, while this CD version includes 5 additional bonus. And there’s an uncensored (the one pictured) and censored cover art.The original hard rock songs were predominantly written by Lepore and bass player Jeff “Salty” Saltzgiver. They were brought to life on tape by Lepore’s intense and passionate vocal styling; and live, with a stage performance that kept the audience’s blood pumping.The songs are simple rockers with cool choruses. I guess all worked better alongside the full show – it’s clear SWEET ‘N’ EVIL concept was a music + on stage show.Lepore is a decent singer and the rest of the band capable musicians, which changed (guitarist & drummer) all over the decade and perform on different tracks. Original copies of these Nineties self-released cassettes were being sold quite expensive at eBay.Now on “Lives Of My Day” you have all SWEET ‘N’ EVIL together.The original hard rock songs were predominantly written by Lepore and bass player Jeff “Salty” Saltzgiver. They were brought to life on tape by Lepore's intense and passionate vocal styling; and live, with a stage performance that kept the audience's blood pumping!
A collectible, limited edition CD.

Line Up:

Tracey Lepore – Vocals
Jeff “Salty” Saltzgiver – Bass
Jim Cirronella, Sandy Michaels – Guitar
Johnny K, Mark Celli – Drums

Tracklist:

01. The Insane Song
02. Revelations
03. Touch Me
04. Other Side
05. Idle Threats
06. Loose Ends
07. Lives of My Day
08. Buried Alive
09. Public Enemy
10. Pump it Up
11. Empty Love (CD only Bonus Track)
12. Present Past (CD only Bonus Track)
13. Sex Play (CD only Bonus Track)
14. Sweet Revenge (CD only Bonus Track)
15. Insanity’s Door (CD only Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných