Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Symphonic Metal , Gothic Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 120 mb

Bio:

IMPERIA is an atmospheric metal band who’s sound is especially evident by the distinguished voice of Helena Iren Michaelsen who sings in a variety of styles from deep emotional feelings to extreme operatic expressions and grunts.IMPERIA’s music is full of vivacity, it is heavy, bombastic and orchestral, but it also contains elements of pure metal. The band is a true cross-border unit of musicians originating from different countries: Norway, Finland, Germany and Belgium.The first release of IMPERIA was a cover-song “Lotus Eaters” for a Dead Can Dance tribute album which was released in the spring of 2004. In the summer of 2004 IMPERIA played their first gigs and also recorded their debut album “The Ancient Dance of Qetesh”, which was released in autumn of 2004.In 2005 the band recorded another project of Helena called Angel. The album “A Woman’s Diary – Chapter I” was released by Black Lotus Records in the spring of 2005. Though the style of the album was very varied and less metal the band succeeded to demonstrate their versatility and musicianship.Towards the end of 2005 IMPERIA had written enough new material for the second full length. The band teamed up with the German Massacre Records. The second IMPERIA album was titled as “Queen of Light” and it was released in the early 2007.To support the album IMPERIA toured European festivals like TUSKA in Finland, Battle Of Metal in Germany and Magic Circle Festival II in Germany. Imperia was also featured on the MCM festival DVD with two live-tracks.In the autumn of 2010 IMPERIA started recording their third album titled as “Secret Passion”. The recordings took place in different studios and countries this time. “Secret Passion” was released in 2011 and it received excellent reviews in the metal press. The band played gigs in several countries and festivals like Metal Female Voices XI in Belgium and Magic Circle Festival in Helsinki.In 2014 preparations of the next album started to take place. In April 2015 IMPERIA entered the Spacelab studio in Germany once more and recorded 13 tracks for the new album. The title “Tears Of Silence” was chosen as a title for the new album. This time band went for a more straight forward approach with the song material. The songs are straight epic metal songs combined with folk-elements, huge orchestrations and very varied. You can also hear a lot of acoustic instruments next to traditional metal this time. There are flutes and whistles, bagpipes, bozouki, acoustic guitars, violins and also a Russian choir on the album. Vocal-wise Helena goes beyond the usual and you can even hear heavy grunts on some songs. The album is full of emotions and musical styles, a true musical adventure!

Album:

IMPERIA is a Symphonic Metal band from various parts of Europe including Germany, Finland, Norway and Belgium. The creation of the band is a doozy, two one of the founding members of this band were supposed to join SAHARA DUST, the band that would become EPICA. In all actuality, former drummer Steve Wolz and actual female vocalist Helena Michaelsen were supposed to be integral part of that band. Well it turns out that they were replaced by Simone Simons and Jeroen Simons before anything was recorded.So IMPERIA was formed back in 2003 and this is their 6th full-length album and first since 2019’s ‘’Flames of Eternity’’. Steve Wolz recruited Helena Iren Michaelsen after her stint as the Contralto Female Vocalist for the widely known Gothic Metal band, TRAIL OF TEARS. Even though the joining of SAHARA DUST failed to materialize, they decided to form their own band back in the Netherlands. One thing you can obviously say is that since 2003, they have had pretty much the same lineup and that’s not something you see too much nowadays. The four core members have been together for over 15 years…This is a prime example of a band that tries a bit too hard to resemble other bands in the genre. The structure is eerily similar to bands like the aforementioned EPICA or early WITHIN TEMPTATION. They don’t try to distinguish themselves from other bands out there and the contrast and complex structure of songs just falls flat. You have absolutely a great female vocalist that has the range and power but the balance between the more operatic vocals and the more traditional vocals is chaotic at best.The album is very accessible and it has some pretty catchy songs but all I can say is that most of the album is interchangeable. There is no rhyme or reason at times and all the songs seems to mold into one mediocre song. I think the fact that you don’t have dual vocalists may hurt the overall effectiveness of the songs. You only have operatic vocals about 80% of the time and it can get on the nerves and pretty quicky as I might add. If you had maybe that contrast with growls, it would made a world of difference. The album creates a mood and a nice atmosphere but it’s not something we haven’t heard before.I am not knocking the quality of the musicians at hand, Helena has a wonderful voice and I can see why she would have made a great choice as female vocalist for SAHARA DUST and you have some very capable musicians. I felt the whole album missed the boat and it seems to start off pretty solidly and then all songs seems to be the same structure. The ballads and slower songs are probably the best part of the album but the variety is a bit meaningless if the music lacks some serious substance and quality.They try to sound so much like the bands that are reigning on top of that genre and they kinda forgot who they were really. The album is a carbon copy, paint by numbers attempt at a Symphonic Metal album. It lacks that fire in the belly, I mean it’s not bad but it’s not overly good anyhow. It’s like a middle of the road album, something you listen one time and you put back in the drawer. The lack of homogeneity hurts the overall essence of the album and unfortunately the progressions and melodies are extremely predictable. It’s fine for what it is but you have so many better bands in the genre to sink your teeth in.

Line Up:

Helena Iren Michaelsen - Vocals (2003-present) (ex-Angel, ex-Trail of Tears, ex-Sahara Dust, ex-Black Horizon, ex-Black Widow)
Gerry Verstreken - Bass (2003-present) (ex-Angel, ex-Beyond the Labyrinth, ex-Chemical Breath, ex-Nightqueen, ex-Manic Movement, ex-Excess of Cruelty)
Jan "Örkki" Yrlund - Guitars (2003-present) (Prestige, Satyrian, ex-Angel, ex-Danse Macabre, ex-Ancient Rites, ex-Claymore, ex-Lacrimosa, ex-Two Witches)
Merijn Mol - Drums - See also: Satyrian, ex-Danse Macabre, The Dreamside, ex-BoobyTrap

Tracklist:

01. Dream Away
02. Starlight
03. To Valhalla I Ride
04. Flower And The Sea
05. Blindfolded
06. While I Am Still Here
07. Only A Dream
08. Where Are You Now
09. I Still Remember
10. Dancing
11. My Other Half
12. One Day
13. I Send You My Love
14. Let Down (piano version)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných