Vexillum - When Good Men Go To War (2021)

hudební novinky 2021 / music news 2021
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Apr 2021, 15:36

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Melodic Power Folk Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 134 mb

Bio:

The “Vexillum”, in ancient times, was the flag worn in battle by the armies. It was part of the signs of the people and it was the symbol under everyone was gathering to fight or to bring on his own reason.It was representation of the honor, the reason and the culture of whoever will bring it.And, following this meaning, the band VEXILLUM saw the light in 2004 in Pisa (Italy) from an idea of the guitar player Michele Gasparri. After some months, the singer Dario Vallesi joined in, replacing Michele at the Vocals and letting him focusing only on the six-chord shredding.They started to work together and on 2007 they released the self-produced EP “Neverending Quest”, with guests of Vision Divine's members Alessio Lucatti (Keyboards) and Federico Puleri (Guitar solo on a song).The EP gets very good reviews from several magazines and webzines in Italy and also in the other countries, and it goes along with a good number of concerts.After that, Francesco Saverio Ferraro (Bass Guitar) took stand in place of the former bass player, and the new line-up began to work on their first album.Summer of 2010 was all dedicated to the studio parts as writing and recording, and at the end of January 2011 they released their first full lenght “The Wandering Notes”, under the Italian label MY GRAVEYARD PRODUCTIONS.Again, the keyboards parts were played by the guest star Alessio Lucatti (Vision Divine), while Fabio Lione (Rhapsody of Fire, Vision Divine, Angra) lent his voice for the duet with Dario in the song “The Traveller”.The release brought the Vexillum to earn their place into “The Frozen Tour of Angels” with Rhapsody of Fire and Visions of Atlantis, bringing them through Europe for the whole February 2011, taking place on the most important stages and receiving a lot of agreement from crowds and critics.After the tour Efisio Pregio, a talented drummer from Sardinia, took his place behind the drums of the band.With the renewed line-up, Vexillum re-entered the doors of the Wanna Rock studios to recorded their second full-lenght album, called “The Bivouac”. This album was released by the German label Limb-Music, and saw the light just a year after the first work, on September 2012.A new album, a new tour, and this time Vexillum were called to take the road side by side with Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, Freedom Call and Orden Ogan, on the “Ascending to Infinity Cinematic World Tour”, a 26 gigs European tour that kept busy the band on playng from November to December 2012, leading the Vexillum to get back on stage also with Freedom Call's “Ages of Light Tour”on May 2013.

Album:

I have a peculiar relationship with this band. Everything about their style, imagery and concept screams I should be a huge fan. Hell, I’ve even seen them live, opening for Orden Ogan, Freedom Call and Luca Turilli. Yet I’ve barely given their studio releases the time of day…and when I have, I’ve struggled to keep my attention, despite generally positive reviews from other critics. So on the cusp of their new release, When Good Men Go To War, I find myself delving into Vexillum’s discography once more, but this time with a newfound focus. For a band whose style is inherently expansive, it’s remarkable how consistent they’ve been. Their folksy approach to power metal seems to resemble many bands, and yet sounds completely unique. Take a leap of faith at any of their LPs and you’ll find yourself enjoying it to the same extent as this 2021 effort.I think my issue in the past has been that I struggle to latch on to any hooky melodies or standout moments. Vexillum produce a cohesive whole which deserves praise, yet individual melodies seem to go over my head and, as a result, I can barely remember any tune or lyric from any album…apart from this one. When Good Men Go To War has emphasized choruses in particular to make for a more immediately accessible listen. Choosing the title-track as a single was a wise move, as that has one of the biggest earworms on the record – chanted by the bulked up vocals of the whole band, which quickly becomes the most addicting timbre on offer. Most of the refrains are sung like this, and you’ll find yourself raising a fist and yelling ‘SOOOOONS OF A WOOOOLF! WE WILL RIIIIIISE TODAAAAY!’ in no time at all.Incidentally, “Sons Of A Wolf” is a clear highlight; the Italians always shine when going full-on with their speedy power metal assaults. This also applies to my personal favourite: “The Deep Breath Before The Dive”. Featuring the heaviest riff on the album and a gorgeous flute counter-melody in the chorus, this was always going to be the cut of the disc for me. At 11 tracks, and with most averaging 5-6 minutes, this is a big album and will require solid attention spans…which get instantly challenged by the bold 11-minute opener. Vexillum pull an Avantasia by taking the obligatory lengthy epic and shoving it right in our faces. It turns out to be a good gamble, as “Enlight The Bivouac” is surprisingly jaunty and memorable – bonus points for being thematically consistent with their 2012 sophomore album. My absolute favourite thing about Vexillum is their insistence upon ambient interludes between tracks, which they’ve kept intact on WGMGTW. The cosy tavern of 2011’s The Wandering Notes is unbeaten in my eyes, but it displays immense care about your art when every track ends with a soundscape appropriate to the following number.From a purely technical standpoint, the production quality is fantastic and the band members are firing on all cylinders. Dario’s vocals, despite being remarkably similar to Damna from Elvenking, have improved tenfold over the past decade, and he is more than capable of being our leader on this journey of an album. He particularly shines on the charming and joyful “The Tale Of The Three Hawks”. Choosing to end proceedings on the comparatively short, acoustic folk ditty “Quel Che Volevo” was a great move, letting the listener wind down and creating an opposing bookend to the saga-esque first track. From the progressively-tinged stateliness of “Prodigal Son” and “Last Bearer’s Song”, to the anthemic martiality of “Voluntary Slaves Army” and “Flaming Bagpipes”, When Good Men Go To War is a splendid way to break the 6-year silence from the Vexillum camp. Fabulous artwork, too.One final thought: I never want to hear the lyric ‘blow my bag’ again, in any song, ever.

Line-Up:

Dario Vallesi - Vocals (2007-present) - See also: ex-Shadow Vexillum
Michele Gasparri - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (2007-present) - See also: ex-Shadow Vexillum
Francesco Ferraro - Bass (2008-present)
Efisio Pregio - Drums (2012-present) - See also: ex-Screaming Shadows
Francesco Caprina - Guitars (2014-present) - See also: Absolute Priority, ex-Icycore, ex-Aetherna

Tracklist:

01. Enlight The Bivouac
02. Sons Of A Wolf
03. Voluntary Slaves Army
04. When A Good Man Goes To War
05. Last Bearer's Song
06. The Deep Breath Before The Dive
07. Prodigal Son
08. Flaming Bagpipes
09. With My Hands
10. The Tale Of The Three Hawks
11. Quel Che Volevo

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní