Stage Dolls - Stripped (1991) (Polygram Records Edition 1992)

hudební novinky 1992 / music news 1992
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Jan 2021, 15:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Polygram Records Edition 1992)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 136 mb

Bio:

Stage Dolls is a Norwegian hard rock band based in Trondheim, Norway. In 1982, Erlend Antonsen and Terje Storli played at local clubs in and around Trondheim. In need of a guitarist they called on Torstein Flakne, who by then had finished playing in The Kids (a popular teeny-band in Norway 1980-82). Throughout the summer and fall of 1982 the newly formed band started rehearsing and playing shows in the region. The trio took the name Stage Dolls in January 1983. The first album, titled Soldier's Gun, was released in the early winter of 1985 after a successful nationwide tour in Norway supporting the Norwegian band TNT.Antonsen left the band in 1985 and was replaced by Steinar Krokstad; he in turn left in 1993 and was replaced by Morten Skogstad.The recordings for their next album Commandos started in the fall 1985. It peaked at no.8 in the Norwegian charts (VG) and set the band up as one of the most popular rockbands in Norway in 1986. The album was released in the US by Big Time Records and the title track Commandos gained considerable airplay on college-radio.The self-titled third album was recorded in the fall of 1987. It made it to the top of the charts in Norway, and in 1989 the band released the album on Chrysalis Records for the American market. The single "Love Cries" went to number 46 on the Billboard Singles Charts the same year. A second single for the song "Still in Love" was also released in America.

Album:

Stripped is the fourth studio album by Norwegian hard rock band Stage Dolls.Back in Europe by 1990, they quickly turned to record their fourth album.This was to be called “Stripped” and the band wanted in fact to strip the sound down,bringing more air around it. The result was remarkable. “Stripped” contains probably Torstein”s best song so far, “Love don”t bother me”. After recording the song in Trondheim they took it to the U.S. where top producer Ron Nevison together with singer/songwriter Mark Spiro also put their mark on it. The rest of the year was spent on the road.In Europe they toured with Mister Big, having a real good time with probably the nicest band in the world.The stage Dolls are a very different kind of classic 80s rock band. Unlike their previous album which boasted heavier rock ballards with a more 80s style stadium rock sound, this album took on a more funky, acoustic approach.The main problem with this, is that it has about 5 seriously amazing songs, and the rest aren't really anything special.They lack the more atmospheric heavier rock sound and well placed dynamic guitar solos that were found in the first one. The really amazing songs such as 'living in America' and 'love don't bother me' are great to sing along to, they are intelligently lyricised and the production and mixing just add to the atmosphere of emotion that makes this album so good. It is worth buying just for these songs, and because the rest of the songs aren't that bad, but could've have been better.

Line Up:

Torstein Flakne – guitars, vocals
Steinar Krokstad – drums
Terje Storli – bass

Additional personnel:

Backing Vocals – Angela Clemmons-Patrick, Darryl Tockes*, Vaneese Thomas
Keyboards – Kjetil Bjerkestrand

production:

Artwork – Dalchow
Engineer – Rune "the Loonie" Nordal*
Engineer [Additional Recordings] – Mario Rodriguez
Engineer [Assistant] – Kjell Ove Grimsmo
Music By – E. Antonsen* (tracks: 3), T. Storli* (tracks: 3), T. Flakne*
Musician [Additional, Backing Vocals] – Mark Spiro
Musician [Additional, Guitar] – Tim Pierce
Musician [Additional, Keyboards] – Robbie Buchanan
Photography By – Paul Rider (4)
Producer – Bjørn Nessjø
Recorded By [Additional], Mixed By – Ron Nevison (tracks: 1, 4, 6)
Words By – B. Icon*, T. Flakne*
Recorded at Nidaros Studios - fall '90.
Additional recordings at Giant Studios - New York,
Can Am Recorders and Hops Studio - Los Angeles.
Mixed in Can Am Recorders.

Tracklist:

01. Stand By You
02. Life in America
03. Left Foot Boogie
04. Love Don't Bother Me
05. Money
06. Sorry (is All I Can Say)
07. In the Heat
08. Let's Get Crazy
09. Goodbye to Amy
10. Rock This City
11. Livin' on Borrowed Love
12. Down on Me

+ Video "Love Don't Bother Me" (Official Video)
+ Video "Sorry is All I Can Say" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1992 / NEWS 1992"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní