Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1993
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 80 mb

Bio:

German hard rock band Acrided have a only one EP “Wild Life” came out in 1993 on Rockwerk Records and produced by Bobby Altvater (Affair, Bonfire, Boysvoice, Dan Lucas, Frontline, Jaded Heart, Shameless and many more…).This is as good as it gets for 80s sounding hard rock indies. This band plays excellent melodic hard rock with brilliant vocals, excellent keys and killer guitars although the songwriting is a bit weak.

Album:

Hailing from Germany, absolutely overlooked gem.A very elusive and hard to find 6-tracks CD/EP with great production for an indie. All 6 tracks are simply killers!! If Friction had a demo CD prior to "Baby Talk"-that would be it, especially "Like a Hurricane" and "Unity". I would put this release somewhere between Friction-"BT",Cadillac Bratz-"FSB"in terms of melodies, sound, production and of course the TBC..In the category of "ultra-rare ephemeral bands", ACRIDED is clearly in the right place. The number of people who have heard of this 6-piece band can hardly be counted on the five fingers of one hand on a global scale, as their time in the world of hard rock was so brief.ACRIDED came from Germany and, while still alive, only had time to release a 6 track EP, Wild Life, in 1993. And in all honesty, just by looking at the very exotic cover of this rare record, one would not guess that this was hard rock.Because ACRIDED was evolving in a Hard Rock on the verge of losing its appeal, knowing that the release of this Wild Life dates from 1993. Well, I admit that the first time I discovered this collector's item, I wondered what its concept was, if its title had a relationship with the cover. What can I say about this EP? The mid-tempo "Like A Hurricane" sniffs out groovy Big-Rock with bluesy overtones, quite similar to what MR. BIG, EXTREME and if it is not unpleasant, it is not transcendent either. The musicians play well, but nothing more and the singer is very ordinary. In the same vein, the same can almost be said of "Take Me Home", a correctly arranged track, in line with what one would expect from a competent band in the Hard Bluesy/Big Rock style, but which lacks the trick to be remembered. The bluesy "Unity", with its alternating acoustic and electric guitars, is somewhere between BON JOVI's Keep The Faith and TYKETTO's and, without being a chart-topper, is still in the middle of the pack of good hard bluesy tracks that have a real feeling and a certain groove. The only ballad on the record, the bliuesy "When We Were Young", is in line with what was being done at the time and, if it wasn't made to leave a lasting memory, it remains within the limits of acceptability, especially as there were much worse ones at the time. Well, the band wanted to do well on the mid-tempo "Price To Pay" by infusing it with an epic LED ZEPPELIN or even BLUE MURDER flavour, but it's a step backwards and, it must be said, we've heard more convincing, more exciting songs in this genre. As for "Wild Life", there's no point in dwelling on it too much as it's so predictable.There's nothing inherently dishonourable about the content of Wild Life, but nothing really memorable comes out of it, let's be honest. It's a very anecdotal hard rock record, with no real spark, like so many others. The musicians play well, but it lacks a bit of personality. After this record, ACRIDED ended its adventure and is therefore one of those comets of the 90's that hardly anyone noticed.

Line Up:

George Gogl - Vocals
Christoffer Leitner - Bass
George Thomma - Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
Richard Gottle - Lead Guitar
Detlef Bienert - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Stefan Buckenhofer - Drums

production:

Design [Cover] – Doris Dröge
Engineer [Additional] – Chris Lausmann
Photography By – Michael Heckmair
Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Bobby Altvater

Tracklist:

01. Like A Hurricane
02. When We Were Young
03. Unity
04. Wild Life
05. Price To Pay
06. Take Me Home

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1993 / NEWS 1993"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní