Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 102 mb

Bio:

I, Napoleon was the brainchild of vocalist Steve Napoleon. Musically the band was a fun, yet at times dark, melodic hard rock band that released one album before disappearing off the face of the Earth.Canadian born vocalist/keyboardist Steve Napoleon (and onetime drummer for Witchkiller, where he went by the name of Steve Batky) had secured a record deal without actually having a band. The classically trained singer would relocate to Los Angeles, and when early work with Tommy "T-Bone" Caradonna (of Lita Ford and Alice Cooper fame) failed he recruited bassist Joe Fazio thanks to a recommendation from Bang Tango's Joe LeSte. The band would be round out by Doug Stratton (guitar, ex-Noize Toys) and Dave Imondi (drums).The debut was a classy release, sounding like a cross between Bon Jovi and Cheap trick. The album also included an excellent remake of Luba's ballad "Everytime I See Your Picture". However the LP failed miserably and the group was never heard from again, although it is rumored that Napoleon had recorded some demos for what would have become the sophomore release.

Album:

This band’s self titled debut was released towards the end of the hair metal era.Judging from the perfect coiffures the band members have on the back cover of this CD, they were certainly trying to appeal to the hair metal crowd. The music on this CD is so completely random, I don’t think I could truly classify them as one.When I picked this up in the 90’s on cassette, I remembered not really getting into this very much, but couldn’t remember the tunes at all. I recently replaced this CD, and found that I liked this a lot more than when it was first released.Singer Steve Napoleon’s voice sounds like a cross between Richard Black from Shark Island, and Steven Shareaux from Kik Tracee but the music is nothing like either one of those bands.The opening track “Perfect Absolution” kind of sounds like a White Lion tune with a different style of singer. It is an o.k. opener, but there better songs on this CD.The keyboards on “Go To Pieces” sounds like they should be in a Honeymoon Suite song, than from I, Napoleon. The vocals are pretty cool on this tune.“Come Back Soon” fires off with a bunch of La, La, La’s. My first reaction was “What the hell is this?”. That part of the tune is kind of annoying, but catchy in an odd way too. The rest of it is pretty good.“Everytime I See Your Picture” is a keyboard based power ballad that could have had a little bit of hit potential, assuming the band got some radio airplay, of which they received very little. This is a cover song from the Canadian singer Luba, who did have a top 40 hit with this song.“Whipped Silly” is easily one of my favorite tunes on this CD. You have to love the Cowbell!“I Am The Idiot” is cool rocker that blasts out a saxophone solo towards the RRRsmall5middle of the song. You have to love the classic lyrics “Life’s a bitch and I’m a whore, at least I’m not some goddamn bore”.“Sweet Cyanide” is a pretty straight forward sleazy rocker, and good tune at that.“Concerto in D Minor” is a piano instrumental that pretty much adds nothing to this CD at all. Its inclusion here is just weird.

Line Up:

Steve Napoleon – Vocals, Percussion, Keyboards
Doug Stratton – Guitars, Backing Vocals
Joe Fazio – Bass, Backing Vocals
Dave Imondi – Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals

Additional Musicians:

Godfrey Diamond - Percussion
John Dillabough - Guitars
Charles Judge - Keyboards on "Everytime I See Your Picture"
Alex Zubov - Saxophone on "I Am The Idiot"

production:

Art Direction – Margo Chase
Engineer – Pam Bartella
Engineer [Additional] – Warren Croyle
Engineer [Additional], Recorded By – Kenny Polocavich
Engineer [Overdub] – Dan Bates
Engineer [Tracking] – Hanspeter Huber*
Management – Hector Lizzardi, Michael Rotenberg
Mastered By – George Marino
Mixed By – Alex Haas, Fred Kelly
Photography By – Michele Clement
Recorded By – Lawrence Ethan

Tracklist:

01. Perfect Absolution
02. Go to Pieces
03. Don't Wanna Sleep Alone
04. Come Back Soon
05. Everytime I See Your Picture
06. Love I Hate
07. Whipped Silly
08. Feels Like Suicide
09. I Am The Idiot
10. Sweet Cyanide
11. Concerto In D Minor
12. My Backyard

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1991 / NEWS 1991"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných