Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Amon Amarth (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jún 2015, 10:16

Amon Amarth - Deceiver Of The Gods (2CD) (Japan Edition) (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Death Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Not many bands can claim their ninth album as the most powerful, dynamic, and downright aggressive of their career, but then Amon Amarth have consistently upped their game with every successive release. Having exploded onto the Swedish melodic death metal scene with 1998's Once Sent From The Golden Hall every album has arrived bursting at the seams with power, melody and immersive storytelling centered around the richness of Norse mythology. Deceiver Of The Gods captures the quintet at the peak of their powers. "Every time we start working on new music we begin with the idea that we're going to write the best album ever," vocalist Johan Hegg states. "We knew we wanted a more aggressive, live feeling to this record but there's no formula behind what we do. We just try to write something that takes us a step further than the last record, and is something that will excite us and our fans. Deceiver Of The Gods is the result."From the moment the title track explodes in a haze of thrash-flavored aggression to the final mournful passages of epic closer "Warriors Of The North" there is not a wasted moment, the band bombarding the listener with ten tracks of compulsive and electrifying metallic fury. Whether they're attempting to remove your face and separate your vertebrae with the deranged attack of "Blood Eagle" or carrying you on the back of the mammoth grooves driving "We Shall Destroy" and "Father Of The Wolf" they hit with decimating force, all the while unleashing ruthlessly captivating melodies. With the aforementioned thrash elements creeping in, as well as the old school metal and doom accents lending added depth and scale to standout track "Hel", guitarist Olavi Mikkonen admits this time out the band were not afraid to wear their influences on their collective sleeve. "We decided fairly early that we should go all-in on the songwriting for this album. If we had ideas or riffs that were perhaps a little too thrash oriented or traditional-metal sounding for Amon - or that were maybe too Amon or perhaps similar to what we had done in the past - we would still keep them as long as we really liked them. A few years back we would pass on those ideas and riffs, while now we feel it was right to just go with it. I think the result is that the songs are wider, they have stronger melodies, they are better composed with lots of dynamics in them, and there are no fillers or blanks on there. Everything is as good as it can possibly be, and reflects just how driven we were to make this a great record."When it came to writing lyrics Hegg let the music of the individual songs provide the inspiration, rather than trying to force a set of preconceived ideas upon them. Though the record is not limited to one specific theme, the character of Loke, the Norse God who is commonly thought of as a dark and mischievous entity, has a strong presence, and also inspired the title Deceiver Of The Gods. However, for Hegg the appeal of the character lies with the fact he is not simply drawn in black and white, as others might believe. "I think what's intriguing about him is that he's probably the most human of all the gods in northern mythology. A lot of people see him as an evil character, but he's not the equivalent of Satan. He also does a lot of good things, and particularly with his talent for diplomacy he manages to get the gods out of trouble a lot of times. The only problem is that he's usually the one that gets them into trouble in the first place! I just think he is really engaging in that he possesses a lot of human traits in the sense that we can do good and bad. We can be fantastic people and great people and huge people, and we can be very, very small people. We can be small minded and egocentric and devious and all of those negative things, and I like how he reflects that."For Deceiver Of The Gods the band turned to legendary producer Andy Sneap, a man whose resumé includes seminal albums from the likes of Cathedral, Arch Enemy, and Cradle Of Filth. Hegg explains, "We wanted more of a live feeling to the recording and we felt that Andy's style of producing could definitely help us with that. At the same time, knowing the records he worked on previously we felt he could probably help develop our sound so it became a little bit more angry and dangerous, without that polished sheen of our recent records."Mikkonen concurs, and he credits Sneap with playing a pivotal role in just how aggressive the finished product is. "It's rougher, and like a punch in the face, which is what we wanted it to be. Though adding more thrash elements into a few of the songs helps the whole album sound more hostile, it's ultimately the production that makes them sound more aggressive. On the last few records it didn't matter how aggressive the riffs we wrote were, whenever we went into the studio at the end they just didn't sound as intense." In tracking the record at Sneap's UK studio, as much as possible the band recorded long takes rather than clinically piecing things together, determined to give the album as much life as they could. "Fredrik (Andersson) recorded all the drums live, with the guys playing guitars and bass along with him to get the groove of it, and that makes for the energy that you don't get when everyone records separately, and I think that really comes across," Hegg states. "I think that was a very good way to record for us, it gave everyone a better feel of each song, and it was a good time being in the studio and laying it all down."Having invited members of Entombed, Children of Bodom and Apocalyptica to guest on 2008's Twilight Of The Thunder God andWitchcraft's Simon Solomon to add guitar to two tracks on 2010's Surtur Rising, with Deceiver Of The Gods the band sought out formerCandlemass vocalist Messiah Marcolin to lend his instantly recognizable vocals to 'Hel'. "The idea of doing something with him came up quite a long time ago, and we were waiting for the song that it would best work on," Hegg explains. "When we started getting the basics down for 'Hel', we felt it would be a perfect song for him to contribute to. The way it came together was very natural. We sent him a rough version with my vocals and he worked his own on top of that and around the music. I think our contrasting styles work together brilliantly, and it's really exciting for us to have that on the record."With 2013 marking Amon Amarth's twenty-first year, as well as the fifteenth anniversary of their debut full-length, their longevity and reputation for releasing killer album after killer album places them on a similar trajectory to the likes of Slayer and Cannibal Corpse, which is rarified company to be in. Likewise, having seen many younger faces flocking to their shows alongside their longtime faithful, the band are enjoying themselves now as much as they ever have, and Hegg wouldn't have it any other way. "It feels fantastic that we've been able to do this for so long and managed to get this far, and it's been a hell of a ride. I don't think we've yet reached the limit of how far the band can go, and we still have plenty of aspirations - and opening for Iron Maiden one day remains high on the list! I'm just happy as long as we can continue doing this. I try not to lose myself in dreams of what might be and rather focus on where we're at and what we're doing right now, and having as much fun along the way as we can."

Album:

The sequence of the bonus tracks on the CD does not match the backcover."Masters Of War" and "Ride For Vengeance" are reversed.Deceiver of the Gods is the ninth studio album by Swedish melodic death metal band Amon Amarth. It was released in Sweden and Finland June 19 2013, and in USA June 25 2013. Former Candlemass singer Messiah Marcolin makes a guest appearance on the track "Hel".The title of the album and its artwork were revealed on April 12, 2013, and the title song was released on the band's homepage a day later, available for streaming or as a free download. A video for the song was released in September 2014.In Canada, the album debuted at number 9 on the Canadian Albums Chart.This would be the band's last album with longtime drummer Fredrik Andersson before he left the band in March 2015.According to Metacritic, the album received "generally favorable reviews based on 7 critics", with an aggregate score of 67 out of 100.Allmusic praised the album for balancing "unyielding blasts of Viking brutality" with "artful melodies"while Exclaim.ca similarly awarded a favorable score for the band's mixture of "soaring melodies" with the "raw precision" of the rhythms.However, Pitchfork criticized the album as formulaic and uninspired while About.com described the album as a "letdown" due to Amon Amarth's "playing it safe" approach.This view was contrary to that expressed in Decibel Magazine, where the album was praised for duelling guitars invoking Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest while the "expertly woven ebb and flow of tempo and style" caused the album to go "from rampaging to brooding to anthemic over a well-conceived trajectory."

Line-Up:

Johan Hegg - Vocals (1992-present)
Ted Lundström - Bass (1992-present) - See also: ex-Scum, ex-Eternal Oath
Olavi Mikkonen - Guitars (1992-present) - See also: ex-Scum
Fredrik Andersson - Drums (1998-present) - See also: This Ending, ex-Curriculum Mortis, ex-A Canorous Quintet, ex-The Plague, ex-Guidance of Sin
Johan Söderberg - Guitars (1998-present)

Additional musicians:

Messiah Marcolin (ex-Candlemass) − guest vocals on "Hel"

Production:

Andy Sneap − production, mixing, mastering
Tom Thiel − artwork

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Deceiver Of The Gods
02. As Loke Falls
03. Father Of The Wolf
04. Shapeshifter
05. Under Siege
06. Blood Eagle
07. We Shall Destroy
08. Hel
09. Coming Of The Tide
10. Warriors Of The North
11. Masters Of War (bonus' live)
12. Ride For Vengeance (bonus' live)
13. Versus The World (bonus' live)

CD2:

01. Burning Anvil Of Steel
02. Satan Rising
03. Snake Eyes
04. Stand Up To Go Down

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Amon Amarth (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 09:27

Amon Amarth - Jomsviking (Digibook Deluxe Edition) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Melodic Death Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Amon Amarth is a Swedish melodic death metal band from Tumba, founded in 1992. The band takes its name from the Sindarin name of Mount Doom, a volcano in J. R. R. Tolkien′s Middle-earth. Their lyrics mostly deal with Vikings, their mythology and their history, leading to the band often being labeled as Viking metal. The band is composed of vocalist Johan Hegg, guitarists Olavi Mikkonen and Johan Söderberg and bassist Ted Lundström. Amon Amarth has released nine studio albums, one compilation album, one EP, one video album, and eight music videos. Their first studio album, Once Sent from the Golden Hall, debuted in 1998. Four more studio releases followed, before the band saw their breakthrough with the 2008 album Twilight of the Thunder God, which debuted at No. 11 on the Swedish album charts and No. 50 on the US Billboard 200. Two more albums, Surtur Rising and Deceiver of the Gods followed in 2011 and 2013, respectively.The band emerged from the previous band Scum, founded in 1988 by Paul "Themgoroth" Mäkitalo (Dark Funeral) on vocals, Olavi Mikkonen on guitar, Nico Mehra (aka Nico Kaukinen) on drums, Petri Tarvainen on bass and Vesa Meriläinen guitar. All of the members were of Finnish origin or at least have Finnish family names. The band originally played grindcore based on "jagged riffs, dark atmospheres, untethered vitriol and copious amounts of mead".Scum made no impression upon the burgeoning Stockholm metal scene, but then Johan Hegg replaced Mäkitalo: it was his "imposing stature [and] [Thor]-like growl" that were beginning to shape the image and the sound of the band which now started to incorporate Viking-related themes.After a 1991 demo (credited to Scum), the band were joined by Hegg (vocals), Anders Hansson (guitar) and Ted Lundström (bass). The band then changed their name to Amon Amarth in 1992 and recorded their first demo Thor Arise (1993). Raw and uneven in sound and execution, it was never officially released due to low quality standards,[ but the band caught the attention of extreme metal fans with its own "infectious brand of epic-sounding brutality and unadorned conviction".In 1994 another demo entitled The Arrival of the Fimbul Winter was recorded; this time 1,000 copies were indeed issued.In 1996, they signed with Pulverised Records, on which they released their first MCD, Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds, which sold 6000 copies

Album:

Amon Amarth has a reputation that other bands wish they have. They’re simply just a powerhouse in the world of death metal with no intentions of stopping. But I, like many other fans, have been perhaps a little unwilling to honestly express our slight disappointment in their last few studio albums. It’s not that any of them have been bad, but they definitely have been perhaps a little too similar to each other. Not so much boring, but as if each of their new albums have been sequels to each other. Outstanding sequels at that, but nothing too groundbreaking. However, with Jomsviking now upon us, Amon Amarth’s first concept album, we get full definitive proof that the band’s reputation is worth it’s weight in gold, and more.Jomsviking is the band’s first go at a full concept story album. It’s a dramatic and tragic story of love and revenge based on the history of the jomsvikings. Here’s the description from frontman Johan Hegg himself:"It's a pretty simple story where a young man is in love with a girl but unfortunately she's being married off. He accidentally kills a man when this happens and he has to flee," … "But he swears to have revenge and win her back. He can't let go of the past. He feels that he's been wronged and his life has been destroyed. The story of the Jomsviking is the background – it's the way he finds to go back and claim his revenge. The way the story evolves is not a happy story… it's a tragedy, I guess! But I like sad endings, because they're the ones that affect you the most."Knowing the basis of the story ahead of time definitely helped immerse me into the album a lot deeper than if I had just gone in cold turkey. I was intently listening to every lyric to see how the story progressed. I won’t go into every single detail, but don’t let the romance aspect of the story let you think this is strictly a love story. It gets as epic, violent, and just straight-up Viking as any good Amon Amarth album gets. The first track of the album, “First Kill” for instance, is a very violent depiction of that kill highlighted by Hegg. And then there’s the accompanying music video…One of my personal favorite moments happens towards the end in “A Dream That Cannot Be”. Doro Pesch makes a guest appearance on this track portraying the woman that this whole story is about. Doro’s voice compliments the band perfectly and is such a great contrast to Hegg’s signature growls that it grabs your attention immediately. The band has tried clean vocals before, which I thought was pretty interesting, but I think it’s especially appropriate in this case. Personally speaking, this moment didn’t jar me so much that it took me out of the album, but honestly pulled me in even further.Musically speaking, Jomsviking is Amon Amarth at it’s finest. All of the familiar elements that make them so memorably are present and in full force to stab you right through the chest. Hegg’s commanding growl leads the charge, guitars alternate from chugging along or picking along to memorable melodies, and drums thunder along and pummel you senseless. But while the death metal elements are done extremely well, it has a good mix of the faster and heavier to the slower dirge-like songs as well. “On a Sea of Blood” is a good representation of the speed that they are capable of, and “One Thousand Burning Arrows” shows the other side of the spectrum. And honestly, this may sound like absolutely lazy journalism, but if you are even remotely aware of Amon Amarth’s work, that is exactly what you get on Jomsviking. They are definitely one of the leading melodic death metal bands around, and with albums like this it’s not hard to see why.Again, none of this is particularly new for Amon Amarth. But having the narrative following along is definitely new for the band and I believe it has paid off in spades. The music hasn’t particularly changed, but the overall immersion of the album as a whole has improved drastically. This is definitely one of Amon Amarth’s finest. Jomsviking, while not entirely different from Amon Amarth’s already spectacular discography, does succeed in breaking a little new ground for the band. The concept and the narrative is a fantastic way to captivate your listening experience. And I am running out of ways to just keep showering compliments on this album, so stop reading already and pick up your copy.

Line Up:

Ted Lundström Bass (1992-present) - See also: ex-Scum, ex-Eternal Oath
Olavi Mikkonen Guitars (1992-present) - See also: ex-Scum
Johan Hegg Vocals (1992-present)
Johan Söderberg Guitars (1998-present)

Tracklist:

01. First Kill
02. Wanderer
03. On A Sea Of Blood
04. One Against All
05. Raise Your Horns
06. The Way Of Vikings
07. At Dawns First Light
08. One Thousand Burning Arrows
09. Vengeance Is My Name
10. A Dream That Cannot Be (feat. Doro Pesch)
11. Back On Northern Shores

+ Video "First Kill" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Amon Amarth (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Mar 2021, 09:28

Amon Amarth - Berserker (2CD) (Japan Edition) (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Death Viking Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Amon Amarth is a Swedish melodic death metal band from Tumba, founded in 1992. The band takes its name from the Sindarin name of Mount Doom, a volcano in J. R. R. Tolkien′s Middle-earth. Their lyrics mostly deal with Vikings, their mythology and their history, leading to the band often being labeled as Viking metal. The band is composed of vocalist Johan Hegg, guitarists Olavi Mikkonen and Johan Söderberg and bassist Ted Lundström. Amon Amarth has released nine studio albums, one compilation album, one EP, one video album, and eight music videos. Their first studio album, Once Sent from the Golden Hall, debuted in 1998. Four more studio releases followed, before the band saw their breakthrough with the 2008 album Twilight of the Thunder God, which debuted at No. 11 on the Swedish album charts and No. 50 on the US Billboard 200. Two more albums, Surtur Rising and Deceiver of the Gods followed in 2011 and 2013, respectively.The band emerged from the previous band Scum, founded in 1988 by Paul "Themgoroth" Mäkitalo (Dark Funeral) on vocals, Olavi Mikkonen on guitar, Nico Mehra (aka Nico Kaukinen) on drums, Petri Tarvainen on bass and Vesa Meriläinen guitar. All of the members were of Finnish origin or at least have Finnish family names. The band originally played grindcore based on "jagged riffs, dark atmospheres, untethered vitriol and copious amounts of mead".Scum made no impression upon the burgeoning Stockholm metal scene, but then Johan Hegg replaced Mäkitalo: it was his "imposing stature [and] [Thor]-like growl" that were beginning to shape the image and the sound of the band which now started to incorporate Viking-related themes.After a 1991 demo (credited to Scum), the band were joined by Hegg (vocals), Anders Hansson (guitar) and Ted Lundström (bass). The band then changed their name to Amon Amarth in 1992 and recorded their first demo Thor Arise (1993). Raw and uneven in sound and execution, it was never officially released due to low quality standards,[ but the band caught the attention of extreme metal fans with its own "infectious brand of epic-sounding brutality and unadorned conviction".In 1994 another demo entitled The Arrival of the Fimbul Winter was recorded; this time 1,000 copies were indeed issued.In 1996, they signed with Pulverised Records, on which they released their first MCD, Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds, which sold 6000 copies

Album:

You cannot talk about Viking metal without namedropping Amon Amarth, the Lord of The Rings named Swedes have become the poster-children for Norse mythos-themed melodic death metal with their eleven full-length records, and are the benchmark against which all other “Viking” metal is judged. And the Odin-sons are back in 2019 with their latest offering, the simply titled Berserker.Part of the appeal of any Amon Amarth record is the album name, and Berserker isn’t an exception. In Norse mythology, the top god Odin and the God of War, Tyr, picked the bravest and meanest warriors in human battles to possess and imbue with their godlike battle-moxxy dubbing them the Berserker. The fans of Viking mythos will not be disappointed with many of the song titles on Berserker either, opener, Fafner’s Gold based off the legendary dragon guarding a dwarven treasure horde, only to be slain by Sigurd, a story often cited as one of the major influences for Tolkien’s The Hobbit. Skoll and Hati is based on the cosmic wolves that are said to keep the sun and moon in motion around the earth, and their catching up and eating the Sun will signal the beginning of the end, Ragnarok! Other song titles made popular by pop culture are Valkyria and Mjölner, Hammer of Thor, neither of which need any explanation.The music on Berserker is surprisingly and unexpectedly, different. Many have accused Amon Amarth of running the genre tropes into the ground, and they have taken that feedback to heart, attempting to innovate as much as they can within an extremely confined subgenre. The opener, Fafner’s Gold kicks off with an almost classical-infused acoustic section, an almost unheard-of asset in the Amon Amarth catalog, and immediately indicates to listeners that this isn’t going to be like any other record. It is one of the more quicker paced tracks on the record and one which will be oft-returned to, a well-placed opener. Other tracks will catch you completely off-guard; anvil-strike opening Mjolner, Hammer of Thor sounds like a souped-up Iron Maiden track with the dueling melodies and soaring upbeat leads, albeit with the trademark Amon Amarth growls. In contrast, Mjolner also has among the heaviest chug-riffs before leading right back into Maiden territory, a real rollercoaster. The track Crack The Sky has the closest opening riff to The Pursuit of Vikings pump, that we get on Berserker, and Valkyria sounds like At the Gates worship in the best possible way. Overall, Berserker decidedly takes on a more steady-paced even-handed approach for most of its runtime, which will divide audiences expecting whirlwind-headbanging riffs in every song. This isn’t to say that there aren’t catchy sections to be found on Berserker. Within the first listen, it will be nigh impossible to not chant “VIKINGS! RAISE THE SHIELD WALL, HOLD THE FRONT LINE, FIGHT TILL DEATH!”, and will be a live staple for years to come.There are more curveballs on Berserker than expected tropes. Slow acoustic passages, NWOBHM era dueling riffs/solos and throwing in mid-paced tracks proves that Amon Amarth are not trying to write the fifth Twilight of the Thunder God. Album closer Into The Dark opens with a multi-string ensemble which is a breath of fresh air, and a perfect way to end a record aiming to break new ground. This is high praise for a band having a nearly rock-solid lineup for the entirety of their discography. Guitarists Olavi Mikkonen and Johan Söderberg are firing on all cylinders on Berserker with riffs aplenty, slow chugs, victorious solos, and a surprise ever so often. The guitar tones and mix are masterful, giving the riffs, solos, and harmonies their independence yet keeping the entire sound cohesive. Truly standout in Berserker’s mix is the bass. Never has the Amon Amarth low-end been this chunky and well-defined in the mix, and bassist Ted Lundström is determined to not be left to hide behind the guitar duels. Vocalist and Viking-extraordinaire Johann Hegg does what he does best, and is one of those most dependable vocalists in the business, and will never cease to raise the battle-cry among fans and newcomers alike.There is a price to pay for moving off the beaten path, and Berserker is not without its own faults. Right off the bat, the album title leads listeners to believe that Amon Amarth will push the heavy to eleven, and the step towards more innovative sections is almost disappointing. Tracks like The Berserker at Stamford Bridge attempt to tell a historically significant story, but the sound veers too far away from the tried-and-true formula, and falls short of living up to its name. The drums are passable, but never remarkable and are mixed in a relatively lackluster way too.Amon Amarth tried something different with Berserker, and have successfully proven that they aren’t one-trick ponies, but many-legged Sleipnirs. Fans expecting another rehash of Versus the World or With Oden On Our Side will be sorely disappointed, but a band not moving forward is standing still!

Line Up:

Johan Hegg - Vocals (1992-present)
Ted Lundström - Bass (1992-present) - See also: ex-Scum, ex-Eternal Oath
Olavi Mikkonen - Guitars (1992-present) - See also: ex-Scum
Johan Söderberg - Guitars (1998-present)
Jocke Wallgren - Drums

Guest / Session Musicians:
Javier Reyes - Acoustic Guitars # 1

Produced: Jay Ruston & Amon Amarth
Engineered: Francesco Cameli & Daniel Morris
Additional Engineering: Alejandro Baima
Mixed: Jay Ruston at TRS West, Sherman Oaks, CA
Mix Assistant: John Douglass
Mastered: Paul Logus
Recorded: Jay Ruston at Sphere Studios, Burbank, CA
Cover Art: Brent Elliott White

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Fafner's Gold
02. Crack The Sky
03. Mjölner, Hammer Of Thor
04. Shield Wall
05. Valkyria
06. Raven's Flight
07. Ironside
08. The Berserker At Stamford Bridge
09. When Once Again We Can Set Our Sails
10. Skoll And Hati
11. Wings Of Eagles
12. Into The Dark

CD2: The Pursuit Of Vikings: 25 Years In The Eye Of The Storm:

01. The Pursuit Of Vikings
02. As Loke Falls
03. First Kill
04. The Way Of Vikings
05. At Dawn's First Light
06. Cry Of The Black Birds
07. Deceiver Of The Gods
08. Destroyer Of The Universe
09. Death In Fire
10. Father Of The Wolf
11. Runes To My Memory
12. War Of The Gods
13. Raise Your Horns
14. A Dream That Cannot Be
15. Guardians Of Asgaard
16. Twilight Of The Thunder God

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "DEATH Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný