Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

King Of Asgard (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Feb 2021, 12:49

King Of Asgard - Taudr (Digipak Edition) (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Melodic Death Viking Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 79 mb

Bio:

King of Asgard took form in 2008 by founder Karl Beckman when he teamed up with long time fellow musician Karsten Larsson. Both had previously played together in the well-known viking metal horde Mithotyn. The duo worked on re-discovering their roots and thus establishing the foundation of King of Asgard, both musically as well as in lyrical approach. Returning to the Norse heritage, ancestral myths and the sense af a past long gone by.In January 2009, the first recordings were done, resulting in the demo "Prince of Märings", seven songs recorded in Lotang Studio in Vadstena. In November the same year, Jonas Albrektsson joined King of Asgard and the foundation of the three-piece took serious form. Meanwhile, the demo recording was well received and caught the attention of several metal labels, one in particular, and by December of 2009 the band had signed a deal with Metal Blade Records.Studio time at Sonic Train Studios in Varberg, Sweden, was booked and in March 2010, the debut album was recorded with engineer Andy LaRocque. King of Asgard tracked thirteen songs of folk-based blackened death metal, reminiscent of times of old. During the summer, a music video was filmed to present the album opener "Einhärjar", produced by Rickard Monéus and 1897.King of Asgard‘s debut album "Fi’mbulvintr" was released in August 2010 and made an astonishing impact on the scene. Still, the band was in need of a second guitarist for live events and a stable line-up. Lars Tängmark thus was added to the unit as a second guitarist in August 2010. King of Asgard finally became active as a live performing act and played festivals and club shows throughout 2010 and further on to this date.In early 2012 King of Asgard finished the songwriting for their second album "…to North" and returned to Sonic Train Studios in April, again with Andy LaRocque at the helm. An epic album showcasing the bands strong foundation. "...to North", spanning over ten songs including a tribute cover song of Isengard's classic "Vinterskugge" was released in September 2012. Another video was released as an album teaser in May of 2012, depicting the song "The Nine Worlds Burn". Yet again with producer Rickard Monéus of 1897.On the 22nd of July 2014 King of Asgard released their 3rd full-length album "Karg", recorded back in April. This being the band’s third time recording with Andy LaRocque at Sonic Train Studios accompained by engineer Olof Berggren. With even more careful songwriting, precise and mature, combined with a more immediate and true to heart approach, King of Asgard's "Karg" is a showcase of vindictive and honarable homage to their forefathers and ancestral heritage. This barren album carrying eight individual songs and a tribute to the master and ever inspiring Quorthon (Thomas Forsberg) of the legendary Bathory: "Total Destruction". As a pattern of habit King of Asgard again filmed a music video along with Rickard Monéus, at the Royal Castle of Vadstena for the song "The Runes of Hel".A while after the release of "Karg" the band unfortunately sees some major line-up changes resulting in parting ways with both Karsten Larsson and Lars Tängmark. Though, very soon the unit stood firm again and both places were filled, First teaming up with drummer Mathias Westman and later on also filling the empty guitar spot with guitarist Ted Sjulmark - the closure of the formless void. In May 2016 a pact was made between King of Asgard and Trollmusic / Prophecy Productions. Thus leaving the great years along with Metal Blade Records behind... it was a pleasure working with them!(King of Asgard's past and current track record consists of acts, among others: Mithotyn, Thy Primordial, Dawn, Choir of Vengeance, Indungeon, Niden Div. 187, Throne of Heresy, Grimner, Vanhelgd...)

Album:

It has been almost 3 years since the last King Of Asgard release (2014’s “Karg”) and we are now about to embark on another journey with them on the soon to be released “Taudr”. The first three albums by KOA were released by Metal Blade with the new opus to be released on Trollmusic. I always thought that Metal Blade was a strange home for them as they do not have a huge roster of the folkier metal with some exceptions (Ensiferum, Primordial, Falconer and Amon Amarth come to mind) but I digress. I think having this released on Trollmusic seems a better fit and this new album has KOA evolving into a new darker and more brooding version of itself. As far as lineup goes, Karl Beckmann (vocals and guitar) and Jonas Albrektsson (bass) are now joined by Mathias Westman on drums and Ted Sjulmark on guitar (yes, that Ted from Grimner, our album of the year 2016 with “Frost Mot Eld”) Let’s get this out of the way, if Karl is not mentioned in a conversation as far as “Riff Masters” go, then I would leave the room. From his days in Mithotyn to today, he has created too many riffs that are too epic and the work on “Taudr” is no exception. He adeptly writes riffs either using the single notes or the power chord with equal fury and they become instantly memorable. King Of Asgard has carved it’s own spot in the world of Viking Metal with no easy to find comparison acts….maybe touches of AA and Unleashed would be a starting point but much more intricate from a song structure and riff point of view. “Taudr” is relatively short as KOA albums go in terms of number of tracks (5) and overall length (33 minutes) so I could question if this is an EP vs. an album. After listening numerous times to the longer track lengths, I would lean towards it being an album more so than an EP and yes, I am splitting hairs. At the end of the day this is skull crushing. There is no intro (maybe first album this year without one) but you are immediately pummeled by opening track “The Curse And The Wanderer” and this is the beginning of hearing the “new” sound. When I say new, I mean there is a grittiness and heaviness to it that I don’t know if the other albums captured as much as this one does. Maybe the new label or different studio? Not sure but it doesn’t sound as over produced maybe…..don’t get me wrong…all of the previous albums kill but this one has a little more punch to it. The average track length is longer too…..I would say that if you removed the vocals you would listen to this album and still get the same feel as the tracks are that powerful. I don’t want to give too much away…..let’s just say you won’t be disappointed in the least. The other tracks (first single “Death…. and a New Sun”, “Taudr” and “…..For The Fury Of The Norse”) are all as epic as anything they have ever done and the performances by everyone are top notch. You may be saying “that’s only 4 songs?” and you would be right. The last track was one that many a KOA fan I’m sure has been waiting for and that is a cover of the EPIC Mithotyn classic “Upon Raging Waves”. Treading on the sacred ground of Mithotyn should only be reserved for a select few and having been one of the architects of this classic song to begin with, Karl and company has kept it relatively true to original but just “King Of Asgard-ized” it. When you hear it you will know what I mean. While shorter overall and less tracks than anything previous, “Taudr” is more furious and menacing then their previous works with a bite just as gnashing as its bark.

Line Up:

Karl Beckmann - Vocals, Guitars (2008-present) - See also: ex-Indungeon, ex-Infernal Vengeance, ex-Mithotyn, ex-Meadow in Silence, ex-MournLord
Jonas Albrektsson - Bass (2009-present) - See also: Retaliation, Vanhelgd, ex-Indungeon, ex-Niden Div. 187, ex-Thy Primordial, ex-Bloodshed Nihil, ex-Carcaroht, ex-Ceremonial Execution, ex-Infernal Vengeance (live)
Mathias Westman - Drums (2015-present) - See also: Spiritus Sancti, Throne of Heresy, Vanhelgd, ex-Souls of Emptiness
Ted Sjulmark - Guitars (2015-present) - See also: Grimner, ex-Mortum Hatred, ex-Throne of Heresy

Tracklist:

01. The Curse and the Wanderer 06:38
02. Death... and a New Sun 06:20
03. :taudr: 06:41
04. ...for the Fury of the Norse 08:31
05. Upon Raging Waves (Mithotyn cover) 05:11

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "DEATH Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných